Type keyword(s) to search

WeCrashed - General Discussion

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, hatchetgirl said:

Sigh.  Shame they didn't end with a title card saying that the Neuman's were able to keep all of their real estate holdings and walked away with I think over 40 million.  

I think the ending was perfect with Rebekah falling face-first into the very salty Dead Sea and both her and Adam screaming for help that never came. End the end credits were very tongue-in-cheek trying to explain all the lawsuits that are going on and Rebekah's new school, S.O.L.F.L.

The last scene of the real Adam giving an interview, holy crap! How can a person talk so much without stopping for breath?

• Love 2

Yeah - but her falling into the sea and then the two of them fussing about their eyes stinging, while comical, left a person thinking "oh Masa didn't let them have that money! Yay!"  When in fact, they ended up quite happy.

• Love 2

Apparently you can find love with your head firmly planted up your butt. Adam and Rebekah are truly a match made in hideous, love the smell of their own farts heaven.

There were so many tiny hilarious moments in this episode from the smoothie gag to sandy eyeball karma. The next time I'm called on my shit in a work meeting, I'm going to squeeze some vaccine in my eyes and cry about how "I'm just trying to save the world, guys."

Oh, Miguel....[epic face palm]

Cameron's CEO speech [chef's bitchy kiss]

It BUGS that Adam and Rebekah walked away with all of that cash. Damn you, Capitalism [shakes fist at Wall Street Bull]!!!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I cackled at Rebekah's speech at the school. She was all "we elevated the children" and was absolutely not prepared for the parents pushing back. She thought she could give them the flowery speech and they would just be totally understanding. Nope, F you Rebekah 🤣

Anne Hathaway did a great job. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Anne Hathaway did a great job. 

She did! She had her Rebekah voice DOWN!!

Episode 8 was my favorite. This is the part of the story I was waiting on it. The fallout was great!

• Love 2

I am only on episode three, so I am skipping posts to avoid spoilers, but I have to say I am impressed with Anne Hathaway. I have never really enjoyed her acting, or even just her personality when interviewed. But here she is playing a truly obnoxious woman and I have never appreciated her work more! 

Jared Leto is making Adam too likable (at least in those first two episodes). Physically, he is reminding me of Jim Carrey as Andy Kaufmann, if that makes any sense. 

Not sure why they didn't give Jared a more busted prosthetic nose. Adam has a really weird face. 

also the Gwyneth Paltrow references at the wedding made me laugh because I was doing the same thing during that scene—wondering if she was going to be there. 

Edited by lovinbob
  • Love 3

Just finished episode three yesterday.  I am also old so this whole common space for work thing just sounds like a nightmare.  Give me a cubicle with high walls or even better an office where I can close my door.  Leave me alone.

I am pretty sure there are buildings where people can rent out an office space or rent a conference room for meetings, etc.  This WeWork place just took it to the next culty level I guess.

I am so distracted by Jared Leto’s prosthetic nose.  A nose does indeed change a person’s entire face.   

I see nothing wrong with Rebeca wanted to dedicate her life to supporting her husband, but where she went wrong was saying ALL women should do this as well.  

• Love 1

Ok I couldn’t wait until the end to watch the Hulu documentary. Currently watching it and wow, Jared Leto really nailed Adam’a voice. Uncanny. Sorry to be shallow but on looks alone they were very kind to cast Anne Hathaway as Rebeca. That’s all I’ll say about that. The entire premise of this company still seems like a nightmare to me. Don’t even get me started on WeLive. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I am pretty sure there are buildings where people can rent out an office space or rent a conference room for meetings, etc.  This WeWork place just took it to the next culty level I guess.

The WeWork spaces where you rent rooms or desks aren't cult-y, they're just more upscale and trendy than most other such places. I worked at one briefly when my employer at the time was between permanent offices. It was nicely appointed and everyone acted professionally, though it was a bit too noisy for my liking. 

It's just the headquarters that seem to have been cult-y. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 4/27/2022 at 11:48 AM, lovinbob said:

also the Gwyneth Paltrow references at the wedding made me laugh because I was doing the same thing during that scene—wondering if she was going to be there. 

ME TOO

On 5/2/2022 at 5:20 PM, mostlylurking said:

Just finished episode three yesterday.  I am also old so this whole common space for work thing just sounds like a nightmare.  Give me a cubicle with high walls or even better an office where I can close my door.  Leave me alone.

See, as a Millennial, I find the implication that we 'prefer open office spaces' to be highly insulting (not coming from you, but I think it came from Adam?)  Actually, open office spaces were always pushed onto me by my Gen X bosses so they could peer over my shoulder and see what I was doing at all times.

Millennials do NOT prefer open office spaces.  Of COURSE we would prefer the dignity of walls or offices.  But we are often not allowed that dignity.

It's a capitalist lie that is sold to us, that is all it is, just like it was sold to us that we had to be in the office before COVID.  That lie was revealed pretty fast.

20 years ago, in movies like "Office Space", cubicles were shown as something demoralizing to human beings.  Now, think about how sad it is, that cubicles are the higher echelons of what younger workers are actually allowed.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4

i have to wonder whether co-working would be profitable today, with so many people now working remotely from home.  it must have taken a bit of a dive during the pandemic.

i don't quite get how it could work as well with dorm space for adults.  who's cleaning the bathrooms and kitchens?  how do you safeguard the food you bought for the fridge?  who's cleaning the dishes?  who's buying the spices, oil, and other staples?

i have to admit, people like Adam get clients.  in the legal field, we call them rainmakers.  they don't actually do the work, they just get the people to hire the firm.  these people get paid big bucks, while the rest of us peons get paid a fraction of the amount to do the work.  its that way in a lot of industries.  adam was just really good at it.

both Jared and Anne were wonderful in their roles.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Hanahope said:

i have to wonder whether co-working would be profitable today, with so many people now working remotely from home.  it must have taken a bit of a dive during the pandemic.

With many tech companies going "remote first" and downsizing their permanent offices, I think there will be a growing need for flexible office space that companies pay to use a few times per year when they get a larger group of employees together. So it can be a profitable business model under the right leadership, but not anywhere close to the $47B valuation Neumann used to claim.