Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E12: The Chairman

mxc90
  • Start Topic

Air Date: 03/18/22

The Task Force pursues their latest target, the Chairman, who operates a dark web stock market trading shares of criminal organizations. Red takes extreme measures to locate a tracking device, which sends Ressler into a spiral. Cooper makes contact with his blackmailer.

(edited)

From the opening, I daydreamed the 3 people in front of the Chairman were NBC executives and lost their fingers for renewing for a season 10.

Anyway, that's what those 3 fools get for not reading the fine print of the agreement and thought they could get away misappropriating $78 million. I guess the Chairman is generous for taking fingers, while the clients wanted them dead?!

Could Red and the writers start worrying about the viewer's "peace and tranquility" and stop bringing up Liz?! Now that they found the tracker, this should be the last her name is brought up! I can only hope!

Now the mystery takes us to the "magical tracker" where they need to find the maker (that should take up 2 or 3 episodes)!

Did they slip the tracker in Liz's oatmeal?

Lew has been popping up too many times. He has to be suspect or he's going to be killed soon! 

These Albanian gangsters just leave "room service" Aram alone in the suite to roam. Of course! Aram, couldn't have an agent retrieve the bug after the arrest had been made.

What a great bug the FBI created that flashes a blinking red light! Sure limits the places to hide it.

The two Gaming Agents are very fortunate Dembe was around to execute that unbelievable single shot from far away. If it were just Ressler or Park sent to protect them, they were for certain doom. Also, those agents need their eyes checked for not seeing the sniper right in front of them. 

Did Cooper and Red short talk make Red a believer as he said "hello" to Liz's grave? 

The Night Market with their wealth couldn't find a hotel conference room to meet their clients and had to talk in a dark basement? At least, the useless Conglomerate got a nice spacious conference room to meet Park. The people on zoom, seeing the FBI bust the meeting must be shaking in their seats thinking the FBI will pay them a visit (but it's Cooper's team. So they are safe). 

After being arrested, the Chairman thought Abazi did talk to the FBI. So his arrogance made him hold a meeting in a location Abazi would know (Couldn't find a new spot Abazi doesn't know). And this fool never considered: Red left the meeting early and could have tipped the address. The Chairman should lose four fingers for that! And get a middle finger from me!

And with a few Virtue Signaling words, the writers attempt to turn the villainous Chairman into a sympathetic hero for the people. Didn't work on me.

As usual, Red has duped Cooper to do his bidding. Soon expressionless Weecha is going to breakout in laughter to Red and say "you got that clown again"!

MIT Andrew Kennison just accepts Cooper's story and goes with him? Way too easy if this was a real kidnapping!

Ressler is still buying drugs! Wonderful! And now an unexpected Ressler intervention. Not even Aram's sad story of losing millions could cheer him up/laugh and look on the bright side! 

I wonder if Ressler woke up covered on vomit before or after reading the scripts to each episode?!!

So they found Mimi the doll. That's one down! There is a loyal poster here looking for some dogs and cats for some time, can Red/Cooper help find them!!!!!!!??!!!!!

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 9
43 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

I wonder if Ressler woke up covered on vomit before or after reading the scripts to each episode?!!

Just like the trope where the hero walks out  covered in blood and says: Not my blood...

CSI needs to confirm if the vomit DNA matches Ressler

• LOL 1

Well, if that ending wasn't a perfect metaphor for this show: an awkward, silent party in a graveyard where we all wish everyone would just get the fuck out of the way so we can put Liz back in the ground and hopefully keep her there this time.

I can't even muster the energy to nitpick. Terrible episode. Fuck this noise.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Looks like Spader's bringing in old friends.   The Chairman played by Craig Bierko was Jeffrey Coho on Boston Legal.

Did the four federal pall bearers get clearance from the Grave Diggers Union?

And why was the body returned at night? Was it for a ghostly affect?

I can't get the image of a naked Ressler rolling around in vomit out of my head. What a revolting picture to give the viewers.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 1

Ugh, will the Liz worship ever end?

And of course once again, Red manipulates the task force into doing a job that concerns his self-interests.  So someone else has a majority stock hold in his "company" and bought up his businesses after he went off the grid after you know who died.

Now they've got the tracker and can't seem to figure out who it belongs to and this person could also possibly be the person who's bought up a lot of Red's interests.  I've a feeling this whole mystery will extend to the season finale.

I won't even dive into the grave yard thing because that made no sense.  Ressler also needs to put on his big boy panties and grow up.

Of course they're not done with the Harold story and I can't decide if his friend is a part of it or not.

• Love 1

Cooper, I was NOT one of the people who loved Agnes' mother. In fact, without Lizzie on the show, Blacklist is immeasurably better than with Liz. Except for the parts where characters inexplicably moon over her body and death.

13 hours ago, preeya said:

Looks like Spader's bringing in old friends.   The Chairman played by Craig Bierko was Jeffrey Coho on Boston Legal.

I could go for that. BL was fantastic.

And why was the body returned at night? Was it for a ghostly affect?

Maybe they figured Ressler would be passed out and covered in vomit?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

The Chairman played by Craig Bierko was Jeffrey Coho on Boston Legal.

I knew he looked familiar!

Well, I see this as an opportunity for redemption then. #1 on the Blacklist must be The Captain played by none other than William Shatner. And the show must end with him winning.

• LOL 7
2 minutes ago, dwmarch said:

Well, I see this as an opportunity for redemption then. #1 on the Blacklist must be The Captain played by none other than William Shatner. And the show must end with him winning.

Red & The Captain smoking cigars and drinking in a fancy penthouse... then The Nexus swallows them up and drops them into The Endgame

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, paigow said:

Red & The Captain smoking cigars and drinking in a fancy penthouse... then The Nexus swallows them up and drops them into The Endgame

Or they dance..l.lol.

I’m confused. What was Cooper talking about at the end when he was telling the kid about her grandparents? I thought it wasn’t  like that.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
2 hours ago, dwmarch said:

I knew he looked familiar!

You mean Dennie (I never lost a case) Crane!

I'm just surprised that Lizzie's tombstone didn't get an acting credit -- I think it had more screen time than Park did.

Ressler gets an intervention -- yay, I guess.

When I saw all those severed digits on the platter, I figured that the customer had to be Yellow Pages edition of Arcane Wireless -- and they let their fingers do the walking.  :)
I'll see myself out.

Still no sign of the dogs, Robert Vesco's cat or Sierra the cat.

• Love 3
On 3/18/2022 at 10:57 PM, paigow said:

Just like the trope where the hero walks out  covered in blood and says: Not my blood...

CSI needs to confirm if the vomit DNA matches Ressler

As SPINAL TAP once said, you can’t dust for vomit.

On 3/19/2022 at 11:25 AM, milkyaqua said:

And of course once again, Red manipulates the task force into doing a job that concerns his self-interests.

The Task Force needs to change their letterheads to read "A Wholly Owned Subsidiary of COC, International".

• LOL 2

Is Dembe a COC shareholder? Does Red have to submit quarterly earnings forecasts? Are dividends paid via briefcase?

ETA: Is there a penalty for NOT insider trading?

Edited by paigow
  • LOL 2