Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: Call Me Cupid

• Start Topic

Oh Kat...no. The rest of the episode was cute and fun as always, but I am so not into this turn. I always expected/dreaded her ditching Oscar for Max, but I thought that she would just end up breaking up with Oscar when she realized she had feelings for Max, I didn't think she would cheat on him. I really thought she was better than that. Poor Oscar deserves so much better. 

• Love 16
7 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Kat gatecrashing Don't Go Breakin My Heart and subsequently falling off the stage was definitely reminiscent of Miranda.

Yes but somehow it still fell short of being as funny as Miranda.

1 hour ago, possibilities said:

First they don't give us any cats. Then they do THIS.

There was a kitty on the couch looking very sweet at one point.  But just that one.  I felt like it was put there purposely to show there were CATS around.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

Yes but somehow it still fell short of being as funny as Miranda.

There was a kitty on the couch looking very sweet at one point.  But just that one.  I felt like it was put there purposely to show there were CATS around.

Phil was petting a cat on the cat tree in the background as well.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, possibilities said:

First they don't give us any cats. Then they do THIS.

Not a fan of the Kat kisses Max ending either!  Ruined the episode for me.  I think we can safely say Kat & Max are endgame for this show, which leaves everything else happening up to that anticlimatic for me.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, CrystalBlue said:

Not a fan of the Kat kisses Max ending either!  Ruined the episode for me.  I think we can safely say Kat & Max are endgame for this show, which leaves everything else happening up to that anticlimatic for me.

You never know, they could be fooling us.  Kat may regret what she did and it will force her to face the reason for her jealousy.  In the end it could actually end up making her feel more committed to Oscar, for now at least.

But I tend to agree with you that Max looks like endgame at this point.  I actually never doubted that he would be.

• Love 2

So we start the season with Max getting jealous when Kat gets into a relationship and now she does the same?  

I didn't like it.  The whole junk with Nick "does he challenge you?" and now this does not make Kat look good.  She's 40 and looks less mature than many teenagers.  

• Love 8

Miranda was pretty immature too, and probably even more messed up but for some reason it was funny and I still rooted for her to grow up and find happiness.  Somehow it isn't coming off as well here.

• Love 4

It's unfortunate in what is possibly the funniest episode of this series, with even Mayim reaching a new peak in her comedic talents, that we get these soap operatics with Kat stealing a kiss from Max.  Talk about all dressed up and no place to go...I guess the writers want to serve up a cliffhanger of sorts with this development, and that's bad news.  Oscar is so likeable, so everything that Max is and more, that Kat is now unlikable.  It's doubtful Kat can be redeemed for me.  I just don't understand why the show felt a need to create this kind of conflict.

I will watch until the season ends, but if it ends with a cliffhanger of dramatic, interpersonal proportions, I won't be back next season.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CainF said:

It's unfortunate in what is possibly the funniest episode of this series, with even Mayim reaching a new peak in her comedic talents, that we get these soap operatics with Kat stealing a kiss from Max

Incredibly disappointed in what Kat did.  And her antics at dinner were so overly animated.  I don't know if she's being directed to act like that, but it's getting borderline annoying.  There's just zero chemistry between her and Oscar and I don't sense any either between her and Max.  But it looks like the writers are going down that route.  I'm even speculating that she and Oscar break up, but before she feels ready that she can pursue Max, he's got a steady gf and, once he breaks up with her, Kat starts up something with Nick.  I could be wrong, but I sense them traveling down that road

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, CarpeFelis said:

What the hell was Kat thinking?! (I know, she wasn’t actually thinking at all.) I’d take Oscar over Max any day of the week.

The only thing I enjoy between Kat and Max is their lounge singing duets.  They should just stay platonic friends.  Kat playing the jealous "ex" or long-standing friend is not a good look.  Kissing Max when she has Oscar is not a good look.  Not lookin' good, Kat!

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Miranda was pretty immature too, and probably even more messed up but for some reason it was funny and I still rooted for her to grow up and find happiness.  Somehow it isn't coming off as well here.

That's the thing.  She was immature but I never thought Miranda was unlikable.  If she screwed up, it was about repairing the screw up.

I suspect what we're going to get with Kat is, again "oh who do I want?" even though she had the option to choose earlier this season and she chose Oscar.  It'll be "do I want nice boyfriend?"  "Best friend who rejected me until I got a boyfriend and who I rejected until he got a girlfriend?"  And for good measure "rival coffee shop owner who is entitled, breaks all the rules, and talks down to me but hey, hate=love, ammiright?" 

Could not be less interested in her future dilemma.  

And I do think she and Oscar have chemistry.  It's light hearted but I see it.  Or maybe it's because I see more charisma with him than I do with Max even though Cheyenne Jackson is technically a bigger star. 

2 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

Why can't anyone write a man and a woman as just friends???

Since it's based on Miranda, I get why they initially tried something with them.  Unlike the original, there's no there there and they should have abandoned it.  

• Love 7

I get the feeling that Kat has been so socially awkward that this is the first time in her life that she’s had a choice to make between guys. If so, it’s not surprising she’s handling it so poorly. But this is not a good look for a teenager much less a 40-year-old!

• Love 8
8 hours ago, ctlady said:

Incredibly disappointed in what Kat did.  And her antics at dinner were so overly animated.  I don't know if she's being directed to act like that, but it's getting borderline annoying.  There's just zero chemistry between her and Oscar and I don't sense any either between her and Max.  But it looks like the writers are going down that route.  I'm even speculating that she and Oscar break up, but before she feels ready that she can pursue Max, he's got a steady gf and, once he breaks up with her, Kat starts up something with Nick.  I could be wrong, but I sense them traveling down that road

That's pretty much exactly how I see this, and see it going and I don't really have much hope that it will be enjoyable to watch.  You hit that nail on the head - I couldn't articulate it but "overly animated" sums her acting up.  It just isn't feeling natural plus it's annoying and not in a funny way either.

7 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

That's the thing.  She was immature but I never thought Miranda was unlikable.  If she screwed up, it was about repairing the screw up.

I suspect what we're going to get with Kat is, again "oh who do I want?" even though she had the option to choose earlier this season and she chose Oscar.  It'll be "do I want nice boyfriend?"  "Best friend who rejected me until I got a boyfriend and who I rejected until he got a girlfriend?"  And for good measure "rival coffee shop owner who is entitled, breaks all the rules, and talks down to me but hey, hate=love, ammiright?" 

Another "Bingo" here that Miranda was always about repairing the screw up.  There's still time for Kat to do that but I agree with all the suspicions here about where this is headed.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

What the hell was Kat thinking?! (I know, she wasn’t actually thinking at all.) I’d take Oscar over Max any day of the week.

Yeah, Oscar would surely win my heart more than Max.

I'm hoping next episode we find out this was just a dream and she really didn't kiss him.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, cinsays said:

Yeah, Oscar would surely win my heart more than Max.

I'm hoping next episode we find out this was just a dream and she really didn't kiss him.

I was hoping that they would end the episode with Kat just having a dream that she kissed Max.  I didn't even mind the scene at the restaurant even though it was too dramatic.

With news that they're bringing Nick back, I have a feeling that Oscar and Kat are breaking up. 

• Love 1
On 4/11/2022 at 5:15 PM, CrystalBlue said:

Overly animated.  Maybe she drinks too much of her own coffee?  I'd run out of energy being Kat before noon!

I remember when Randi moved in, she felt that way until she got used to it.  OTOH, Randi used to have walls up and she's slowly knocking them down with her relationship with Carter.

On 4/9/2022 at 4:03 PM, Door County Cherry said:

Since it's based on Miranda, I get why they initially tried something with them.  Unlike the original, there's no there there and they should have abandoned it.  

Yeah I see why they went down that road at first with the original show's path, but I feel they have moved beyond Miranda and there is no need to have Max and Kat together. They work better as friends. Poor Oscar.

On 4/10/2022 at 1:06 PM, realdancemom said:

With news that they're bringing Nick back, I have a feeling that Oscar and Kat are breaking up.

I love Andy Favreau but didn't love Nick and don't look forward to more of him especially if he is to be a love interest for Kat. Maybe he can come between Randi and Carter but I don't see that happening.

Edited by xander874
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, xander874 said:

Yeah I see why they went down that road at first with the original show's path, but I feel they have moved beyond Miranda and there is no need to have Max and Kat together. They work better as friends. Poor Oscar.

Totally agree.  Kat and Max are no Miranda and Gary.

1 hour ago, xander874 said:

I love Andy Favreau but didn't love Nick and don't look forward to more of him especially if he is to be a love interest for Kat. Maybe he can come between Randi and Carter but I don't see that happening.

I would pay huge money to see a romance between Phil and Nick!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1