Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Disappearing Act

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Xebug67 said:

She's truly a calculating, selfish, self-serving beyotch. 

Which makes it fortunate she's also an effing moron. Someone with a couple of brain cells might've been able to pull off the prenup.

42 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I agree he is a douchebag but I don’t think her scamming him out of $1000 is all that mature.

It occurred to me that (unless I missed it) he hasn't mentioned the thousand bucks once since he's been in Peru, either in her presence or in a talking head. Wasn't that supposed to have been a loan?

I hope this bug-eyed, pop-eyed, twitchy, underbite-mouthed, fire hydrant bodied little hobbit effs off and rots by herself. 

And she always speaks so well of you. . . . 😉

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Kid said:

Or do what Sharon did (600 lb Life fans will get this), leave him at a gas station and drive off.  🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well all he does is text and cry...text and cry so he deserves it! 

(The Lacey episode is one of the greatest things ever aired on TLC!)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Is it weird that I love Ben's Peruvian sweater? He can keep the hat but that sweater looks so cozy, and if he bought it from a local artisan, even better. I'm a sucker for a unique knit sweater.

Not that I'm saying Ben looks good, mind--just the sweater.

• Love 9

BGL also had her stinky smoker's breath going for her.

Kim has been photographed with a pack of cigarettes, so she probably has the same nasty breath

38 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

It occurred to me that (unless I missed it) he hasn't mentioned the thousand bucks once since he's been in Peru, either in her presence or in a talking head. Wasn't that supposed to have been a loan?

IIRC, the only time the $ 1000 was mentioned was when Ben's friends asked if he had given her any money and he stressed that he had loaned her that amount. 

• Love 4
On 3/20/2022 at 8:25 PM, Adeejay said:

Any doubt I had that Kimbaally was giving Usman money, disappeared when he raced back to his ATM.

Both Memphis and Hazma looked like they were about to get executed instead of married.

Can't help but wonder why Ben didn't hitch a ride with production and the camera crew.  

He most certainly could/should have.  I was thinking the exact same thing.

I think, however, that production likes the audience to "forget" that they're there on the scene with these idiots and instead get caught up with the storylines and travails of these idiots, as if they were out there all alone.  My eye.  They don't want their 4th walls broken.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 3/20/2022 at 10:25 PM, AR Traveler said:

Hamza has that deer in headlights look.  I think he's  going through with the wedding so as not to let his family down, not because he's totally into Memphis.  He's resigned to his fate.

I don't think the postnup would even be binding in the U.S. if Hamza didn't understand what he was signing or it was signed under duress.

If someone ditched me in a strange city with no transportation and where I didn't even speak the language, I wouldn't be going back to my friend's hometown.  I'd be going to the nearest airport.  That said, it was one of the greatest 90D moments when Ben got stranded.  I think she should have told him (I wouldn't have wanted a long ride with him either).  I really hope they don't end up together but next week's spoiler seems to show a romantic moment.   The hat that didn't fit right would end it for me.

Gino, nice proposal!  You two deserve one another.  We're back to the screw-ups and screaming fights next week, though.

Mama Ximena translated: "Put up with this little gnome so the money keeps coming".  Finally-finally- Mike is getting it.  That's another time I'd be heading for the airport.  Why ever would you go back to a house with someone who is disgusted with you?

If Kim's thinking Usman is going to stay faithful to her and be her "boyfriend", she is truly delusional (well, has been all this time).  She is an investor; one whom he'll bed once in a blue moon when they're in the same place.  

I was shocked when she used the word "opportunity", re how he's a good opportunity for Ximena and the kids.  I'll bet she didn't realize how that word could be construed (notice I didn't say misconstrued, because she spoke the truth when she uttered that word).

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

I was shocked when she used the word "opportunity", re how he's a good opportunity for Ximena and the kids.  I'll bet she didn't realize how that word could be construed (notice I didn't say misconstrued, because she spoke the truth when she uttered that word).

Noxema can ignore the opportunity because she’s already been knocked up twice.

• LOL 4

I remain flummoxed that bug-eyed, fire hydrant bodied hobbit was able to complete all of the education requirements to become a nurse practitioner.  She's so poorly spoken, and does not strike me as a go-getter, except when it comes to going and getting Hamza to marry her.  She looked awful in that Elvis outfit, although in the coming attractions, with her wig blown straight and without the messy, dirty looking, stringy weave/wig hair she usually sports, that's the best I've ever seen her look.  Toward the end of her segment, when she talked about how nice all of Hamza's family had been to her, and the importance of having them be her family as well, I thought she'd made up her mind not to do either the pre-nup or post-nup.  Boy, was I wrong.

It's so funny, because my closed captioning was saying the same thing about them "ululating", LOL.

Could Ximena have been any more unpleasant and harsh when she shot Mr. Owl down after her mother had told Mr. Owl about his being her first serious boyfriend?  How deflating of Mike's ego when she said she gets bored.  She clearly loves drama and relationships with felons as opposed to boring, freaky, creepy, weird Mr. Owl.  As if she's such a bargain to be so fussy.  They're BOTH creepy losers who deserve each other.

With regards to Usman and Kimbaaaly, I was so praying that he wouldn't cave in to her demands of a "big show" and let that basset hound faced (sorry, basset hounds) cow (sorry cows) go back to the states without having gotten her way.  Is it actually possible that Usman loves this heifer?  What he clearly loves about her is how she treats him and supports him and loves him.  So basically he loves being adored and loved, which isn't the same thing as loving the other person.  She is so gross, and gets grosser and grosser the more appearances that she makes on my TV.  BGL was definitely the uglier and grosser of the two, but not by much.  BGL also had her stinky smoker's breath going for her.

I think more than anything, Usman loves the fame/notoriety/money he gets from his appearances on 90 Days.  I remember after his last appearance with BGL, he had thousands of dollars worth of cameos.  This equals much more than any gifts Kim is holding over his head.  I agree he also enjoys Kim's super fandom, but I think it is secondary to being a reality tv "star."

• Love 8
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Kim has been photographed with a pack of cigarettes, so she probably has the same nasty breath

IIRC, the only time the $ 1000 was mentioned was when Ben's friends asked if he had given her any money and he stressed that he had loaned her that amount. 

Yes and knowing that a platonic internet friend would not send such a sum she gassed him up with talk of their love and future plans to marry and reproduce.  And then feigned surprise that he thought they were more than platonic friends.  He is scum but so is she.

• Love 6

I was wondering about the $1000 loan as well and thought maybe I had not been paying close enough attention because I also heard crickets about it .

Mahogany is a real mystery to me. I agree she seems mature and wise and all of that, and then what is she doing going for an overnight with this dude? Yes I know she said separate rooms and they had them but that was just so inconsistant with everything else I am seeing there. I am starting to buy into the theory that the producers raced around to find  " A GIRL
 who could be Mahogany for the show that could somewhat look like an un photoshopped Mahogany ( Hi My name's Mahogany)

• Love 5
On 3/21/2022 at 5:49 PM, Shauna said:

Why does Kimberly think her hair looks good so harshly pulled back like that?  Yuck. 

A free beauty tip for Kimberly:  Take advantage of the array of headbands that are currently 'making the scene.'  A classy or fun band will give you a much softer look.  & they are great when you want pony tails, braids, et al for those hot humid days.  👸

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, magemaud said:

I wish he would come over here so we could tear him a new one! No mercy! 

Kids at my school think I am another behavior dean.  I am fair but take zero prisoners.  @magemaud, hold my drink.

6 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

remain flummoxed that bug-eyed, fire hydrant bodied hobbit was able to complete all of the education requirements to become a nurse practitioner. 

I totally thought you were describing Mike!

• LOL 7

It would have been hysterical  if Ben had started preaching to Mahogs about how god wants them to be together, yadda yadda yadda... and she reached over and grabbed the bead of his dipshitty hat string and just zipped it up to his throat real fast to shut him up, then walked away. 

Ben-Rathbun-90-Day-Fiance-Before-the-90-Days.jpg

• LOL 14

Because The Benz can't just let anything go. He always has to come out on top. He can't just walk away from a bad situation (here involving a near-teenager) he has to shake his finger and dress them down and proclaim "God did this and that" and "you did me wrong, but God forgives you and I forgive you." Be a man and admit you paid for a fantasy, and that was all it was. 

I think she and her family should call in the cops if he shows up again.  

• Love 15
On 3/21/2022 at 10:35 AM, bichonblitz said:

This is the creepiest bunch of losers yet. Is TLC that desperate? The least they can do for us is go for good looking. Aside from Jasmine and Hamza they are all so homely and desperate. I still think Jasmine is batshit crazy I don't care how she is trying to change the narrative this late in the game. Oh, she love Gino with all of his weirdness from head to toe. Girl, what about YOUR weirdness? She wants out of Panama and will do anything to make that happen. There is no other explanation. 

Kimbaaally and Usman can't be real. Why is this guy courting old, frumpy, desperate Americans when he can have a hottie like Zara? I can only think he wants them to finance his career. Seems to be working. After this joke of a relationship falls apart we don't need to see him anymore. 

Ben- gross control freak. I think Mahogany is the girl in the internet pics. I think her pics were heavily photo shopped. Certainly wouldn't be the first time. Remember Rebecca of Rebecca and Zied and baby girl Lisa and that slob Angela?  All filtered beyond recognition. This was Mahogs for sure. She just never counted on Ben coming to see her. That was not in her plan and she was not prepared to put in that much effort to deal with him. 

So Ximena never had a relationship before Mike but has 2 kids? She doesn't know how to act in a relationship?  LIES! What about the bad boy from the Colombian cartel? Just fuck buddies? 

Hamza has a nice family so what is his reason for wanting to marry that troll Memphis and deal with all her baggage? He doesn't seem at all excited to leave them to go the US. Or maybe he is just that devoid of personality we can't tell what the heck he's thinking. 

Don't forget, Jasmine's love for Gino included his:  "Oh, she love Gino with all of his weirdness from bald head to toe."

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 3/21/2022 at 11:22 AM, Adeejay said:

Someone should have reminded Badmus and Slam-T that the scene of Kimberly throwing water in Usman’s face was recorded. So, their worries of Usman looking like a fool was a little too late.

I was elated when Mahogany ditched Ben at the resort, but it was short lived when I saw the previews for next week.  Wish they hadn't spoiled it.

This season is excruciatingly long. So much so that I’d forgotten about Caleb and “the racist munchkin” and the fact that Ben didn’t appear until the sixth episode. 

This is one of the funniest monikers I've ever come across on this forum.  🤣

I guess the Emerald City munchkins and the Lollipop Guild munchkins won't welcome her into their neighborhoods.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, monagatuna said:

s it weird that I love Ben's Peruvian sweater? He can keep the hat but that sweater looks so cozy, and if he bought it from a local artisan, even better. I'm a sucker for a unique knit sweater.

But he's a man. I can just see him out shopping, anticipating this big, wonderful, fun response from Mahogany when she sees him in his new clever purchases. Maybe a little hug and kiss to go with it. Nope. He was stung pretty badly that day in his pink outfit and little cowpoke hat.

2 hours ago, TzuShih said:

A free beauty tip for Kimberly:  Take advantage of the array of headbands that are currently 'making the scene.'  A classy or fun band will give you a much softer look.  & they are great when you want pony tails, braids, et al for those hot humid days.

I thought of this too for a moment. But Debbie, as in Colt and Debbie, has been wearing a headband on The Singles Life and boy, it's just so unflattering on her. I love pony tails but I have to say I think Kimbelly is a lost cause. Agree, though - she needs a softer look; she has such a stern and harsh face!

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, Breedom said:

But he's a man. I can just see him out shopping, anticipating this big, wonderful, fun response from Mahogany when she sees him in his new clever purchases. Maybe a little hug and kiss to go with it. Nope. He was stung pretty badly that day in his pink outfit and little cowpoke hat.

I thought of this too for a moment. But Debbie, as in Colt and Debbie, has been wearing a headband on The Singles Life and boy, it's just so unflattering on her. I love pony tails but I have to say I think Kimbelly is a lost cause. Agree, though - she needs a softer look; she has such a stern and harsh face!

This sprang to mind for me, as well, as I had just seen The Single Life for the first time and Debbie was sporting a headband.  Maybe if the headband came with a veil...

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

As much as I hate Mike and his personality, I was glad when he told X that he wanted his stuff back and that he still paid the rent. I think he said all that in the heat of the moment, knowing full well he couldn't ship furniture back to the states. And true, he does pay the rent so he can stay the night. I give him permission.

X needs to "man up" and face the consequences for her deceit. In this case, no boob job, give the ring back so she can't sell it and no more paid rent. Mike, leave and work on yourself. Being a yes-man doesn't make a successful relationship. Stop being so needy. Don't ever fold and try to reach out to her again, even on your worse days, hoping against hope that X has evolved and will want you back in her life. 

As for X, yes, she's a user, but I totally get where she couldn't stand the sight of Mike. I just hope next week she doesn't fold because she's desperate for that gravy train and Mike, being Mike, say's "okay. Te amo." Gawd.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Has anyone else noticed that Ben's attire just screams "I'm a tourist!"?  Mahogany, her parents, and every other Peruvian on screen wouldn't stand out on the streets of Peoria.  There's a reason why travel sites caution folks "Don't stick out like a tourist".

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, AR Traveler said:

Has anyone else noticed that Ben's attire just screams "I'm a tourist!"?  Mahogany, her parents, and every other Peruvian on screen wouldn't stand out on the streets of Peoria.  There's a reason why travel sites caution folks "Don't stick out like a tourist".

Well even without the goofy attire he’s a fair-skinned ginger.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Breedom said:

As much as I hate Mike and his personality, I was glad when he told X that he wanted his stuff back and that he still paid the rent. I think he said all that in the heat of the moment, knowing full well he couldn't ship furniture back to the states. And true, he does pay the rent so he can stay the night. I give him permission.

X needs to "man up" and face the consequences for her deceit. In this case, no boob job, give the ring back so she can't sell it and no more paid rent. Mike, leave and work on yourself. Being a yes-man doesn't make a successful relationship. Stop being so needy. Don't ever fold and try to reach out to her again, even on your worse days, hoping against hope that X has evolved and will want you back in her life. 

As for X, yes, she's a user, but I totally get where she couldn't stand the sight of Mike. I just hope next week she doesn't fold because she's desperate for that gravy train and Mike, being Mike, say's "okay. Te amo." Gawd.

It was all coming. Sooner or later.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Breedom said:

Great post!

I agree with your feelings about Mike, can't stand him personally, but I almost felt proud of him when he FINALLY stood up to her and told her he paid the rent and wasn't staying at a hotel. She has just beaten him down so much while taking all the perks of the financial arrangements. He's right, her attitude changed when he said no to the boob job.

But, here's my question, if Mike's name is not on the lease, is he entitled to stay there even if he does pay the rent? I doubt if Ximena would know the legality concerning this, but just wondered if she could have him removed. Maybe one of her exes could be the enforcer!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, magemaud said:

Seems like he moved on from Selma to Patty

• LOL 11
56 minutes ago, mytmo said:

Seems like he moved on from Selma to Patty

LMFAO YES!!!! please, someone with more internet skills than I possess, make a side by side of BGL and Selma and Kimballly and Patty....pretty please

• LOL 2
7 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

LMFAO YES!!!! please, someone with more internet skills than I possess, make a side by side of BGL and Selma and Kimballly and Patty....pretty please

If I'm remembering correctly there was an episode where one of them had a boyfriend & the other was jealous so a good place to start looking for someone more internet savvy than me to start.

Things that make me scratch my head:

Ben goes to Mahogs room in the morning so they can drive back to her town. He finds a naked man in the room.

He then finds out that Mahogs checked out the night before.

In my experience, checkout time in a hotel is before 11:00am and check-in time is after 3:00pm, leaving time for the room to be cleaned.

How did the naked guy check-in so early? Is it different in Peru? It’s not as if the hotel knew Mahogs would checkout early. Nor would there be any rush to clean the room, as that is done on a schedule.

Is anything about this story real?

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, Gobi said:

In my experience, checkout time in a hotel is before 11:00am and check-in time is after 3:00pm, leaving time for the room to be cleaned.

I was wondering the exact same thing. It seemed like a big set-up. Another thing is how when people make international calls, it's always immediately picked up on the other end. There seems to be absolutely no connection to the time-zone difference. Doesn't anyone sleep?

4 hours ago, lilysmom said:

But, here's my question, if Mike's name is not on the lease, is he entitled to stay there even if he does pay the rent? I doubt if Ximena would know the legality concerning this, but just wondered if she could have him removed. Maybe one of her exes could be the enforcer!

Good question. I would think she could have him removed but would she really resort to that? That's dirty fighting, and I haven't seen that kind of anger in her. It's more greed and disgust. Also, agree that it would probably never occur to her.

• Love 3

Finally got to watch....

Ximena/Mike---thank God she finally just broke it down for him in as basic baby words as she could. This is done. This is over. I mean, she had already told this clown that she didn't love him, she found him disgusting and that she needed space. Cut to Mike saying he is so confused and tired of trying to read her mind and walking on eggshells. Dude, what is there to be confused about? I think what was not computing is the fact that after all he did for her $$$ and all her love bombing with her kids on the last visit, how could this be true? Was this true or was that the truth? So in that sense I get his befuddlement, and it doesn't help that a camera crew is tailing them and he has to use an app to even talk to her. However, at this point, it should be pretty crystal clear and hopefully this is done and over. I am sure TLC will drag this out a bit more though and the tell all should be great, lol. 

Hamza/Memphis---I felt bad for him and I was glad his sister spoke her mind and gave her opinion. If she cared so much about protecting her savings (and really how much can she have at this point? I get that an NP earns bank, but she has two kids and looks on teh young side so I assume she also has a lot of student debt) she should have spent time before the trip talking to a lawyer about the prenup and at least drafting something so she had it ready for him to look at and take to a lawyer. I do think he is being honest about his feelings on divorce. My ex also felt that divorce just wasn't an option----guess what, I was miserable and done so I moved out and filed. He thought that if he just ignored it or said he didnt' want a divorce that I couldnt' get one---not how it works. He also was not born and not raised in the US, so it can be a cultural thing. Hamza's dad left his family----I am sure in his head he thinks he woudl NEVER do that to a family. He can't imagine a woman ending it and so yeah, why does she seem fixated on a divorce maybe happening. He is also young and sheltered and I feel for him because he is in for a rude awakening (so is she) if/when he arrives in the US and she expects him to raise her kids adn he isn't pulling in bank to help her as she expects since he basically has a high school diploma from Tunisia and doesn't speak any English beyond boobies and sexy time and baby. 

Ben/Mahogs---he was so immature and batshit crazy. I loved her reactions adn expressions and I absolutely LOVED when he realized she left him there the night before. So they met at the table, she gave him the letter, they parted ways with her saying she didn't want to be there and I guess they didnt' communicate the rest of the day. And this fool thought she was just hanging out waiting to drive him home? LMFAO. I really hope she is done and done with him. Funny in her chat with her father she seemed to admit that she knew he thought of them as a couple, not just friends. If she really never imagined anything beyond platonic friendship she would not have taken him to Huachachina which is a romantic spot, hours away---she could have offered to show him around Lima, as a friend. So in that sense I feel for wonky eye. 

• Love 5

Maybe Mahogs gave Ben the wrong room number. Or if she checked out early and left a very clean room, the cleaners could have been there at 8 am. The room may have been available early and the new dude got to check in early.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I loved when Memphis literally interrupted active festivities, while asking (and not caring) if they were finished (they obviously weren’t). She sees this loving family not judging her and showing her love and acceptance, then decides to ruin her relationship with the sister and family during the party instead of waiting for the fam to go home. So rude. 

I’m no lawyer, but I feel like you shouldn’t wait until 2 days before your wedding in a different country to speak with a lawyer and try to get the prenup process going.

Mahogany: “When Ben told me about his past relationships he didn't take any responsibility, that concerned me. Then he ghosted me when we were supposed to meet to talk about it.” Ben: “I can't believe Mahogany is ruining our relationship by acting so immature. But at least I can't think of anything I did wrong." This dude is living on a whole other planet from everyone else. A whole other plane of existence. It is so bizarre, yet fascinating to watch.

Imagine having your parents send you with a note to get out of social situations. Have you ever had your parents write notes in your agenda to your teacher in grade school? Mahogany nearly had an anxiety attack. Good on her for leaving without Ben. He was actually looking forward to having her as a captive audience for 3 hours. He even used the words “mandatory alone time”. Yuck. What a creep.

Showing up to talk to the parents in an urban sombrero. Did he get punked at the store? That whole scene cracked me up. How did he not clue in that Mahogany dumped his ass?! Also perhaps he should have asked if there was a bus he could take to San Bartolo. And he really asked the driver with 4 GoPros stuck to his windows if he’s there for him…come on, TLC!  I REALLY, REALLY hope that he goes to San Bartolo and knocks at Mahog’s Airbnb door and some random dude opens the door. It would be just awesome. She covered all her tracks and he has no idea where she lives.

I love how Ximena’s sister totally called her out to her mother. Somebody in that household gotta keep it honest.

Mike is fully activated now and is going full scorched earth. #squattersrights

Mike’s nice guy mask is slipping very quickly. “I’m going to take back every gift I gave you.” “I pay rent here, I’m not leaving.” 🚩 And excuse me, what? Did he really call her “hija de puta”? He definitely showed his true colors…

Gino, grow a set of balls, shave the rest of your ridiculous hair and become a man.

Did anyone else randomly shout “KIMBAAALY” and “BABY GIRL LISA” throughout the day? Kim really wanted Usman to reciprocate her efforts to him and make a grand gesture for her but you can’t force love. He clearly is not as into her as she is into him. That performance on the beach was soooo cringey I got secondhand embarrassment from the tv screen. Anyone going to tell Usman he’s not that good at singing?

Whoever did the casting for this season deserves an Emmy because my God, where the fuck did they find these people? Michigan, apparently.

P.S., nothing to do with the episode but hear me out: “90 Day Fiancé Spouse Swap”. Who would you swap?

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Gobi said:

Things that make me scratch my head:

Ben goes to Mahogs room in the morning so they can drive back to her town. He finds a naked man in the room.

He then finds out that Mahogs checked out the night before.

How did the naked guy check-in so early? Is it different in Peru? It’s not as if the hotel knew Mahogs would checkout early. Nor would there be any rush to clean the room, as that is done on a schedule.

Is anything about this story real?

Front Desk Guy said that she had checked out the night before.  If that room was empty when the cleaners showed up for their shift that morning, they would have jumped right in there to get it turned over for the next guest.  They wouldn't wait until check out time to start cleaning the rooms that were already empty and needed for check in that day.

As to your last question, though... No.  Nothing about this entire storyline is real.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TazDevil said:

Front Desk Guy said that she had checked out the night before.  If that room was empty when the cleaners showed up for their shift that morning, they would have jumped right in there to get it turned over for the next guest.  They wouldn't wait until check out time to start cleaning the rooms that were already empty and needed for check in that day.

As to your last question, though... No.  Nothing about this entire storyline is real.

But cleaners work on a schedule and a pattern (such as west wing, then center, etc.), they don’t hop from room to room as they are vacated because it’s inefficient to do it that way

On 3/22/2022 at 6:00 PM, nutella fitzgerald said:

My guess is that Ben went to the Mike school of trying to buy a woman and isn’t going to start talking about the money unless and until Mahogany unequivocally dumps him.

Besides an empanada and some ceviche I'm not sure what Ben has given Mohag. She drove him in her car to the getaway, he didn't show up for breakfast, and he had no gift for Mohag or her parents at any time. He did go shopping though and got himself that sweater that would look amazing on a young female, and that hat that he fastened right under his chin.

I'm guessing the show picked up the tabs for food and the hotels. IMO, Ben should have given the parents something when he met them-- a box of chocolates, flowers, something.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

But cleaners work on a schedule and a pattern (such as west wing, then center, etc.), they don’t hop from room to room as they are vacated because it’s inefficient to do it that way

True.  But they may have a cleaner (or two) assigned to each wing, floor, etc., so it's not just one cleaner hopping from vacated room to vacated room.

I don't know.  I've stayed in a lot of hotels and notice that cleaners get started fairly early and know that rooms can be ready well before the official check-in time and in pretty short order if needed.  Obviously it's different from hotel to hotel.  But there being a new person already in Mahogany's room mid-morning after the night she checked out didn't seem completely unbelievable to me.

The rest of their storyline, however....

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, TazDevil said:

But there being a new person already in Mahogany's room mid-morning after the night she checked out didn't seem completely unbelievable to me.

That scene gave my imagination a little workout.  I just finished reading The Maid, and there were plenty of shenanigans related to supposedly unoccupied hotel rooms.

Envisioning possible scenarios and their likelihood. Trying to figure out the mechanics of how they would work.
What is the likelihood someone would contact the hotel that night, after Mahogany checked out, and need an early check-in for a room early the next morning?  Who would even be aware of the room's sudden vacancy?  A member of the hotel staff or the production crew, or associates of those people, might wish to spend some time in a room that has unexpectedly becone available. And answer the door naked... 

Then I reminded myself what I was watching.   Who am I kidding?   As they say about "reality" TV -  it's not a documentary, it's entertainment.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, kirklandia said:

That scene gave my imagination a little workout.  I just finished reading The Maid, and there were plenty of shenanigans related to supposedly unoccupied hotel rooms.

Envisioning possible scenarios and their likelihood. Trying to figure out the mechanics of how they would work.
What is the likelihood someone would contact the hotel that night, after Mahogany checked out, and need an early check-in for a room early the next morning?  Who would even be aware of the room's sudden vacancy?  A member of the hotel staff or the production crew, or associates of those people, might wish to spend some time in a room that has unexpectedly becone available. And answer the door naked... 

Then I reminded myself what I was watching.   Who am I kidding?   As they say about "reality" TV -  it's not a documentary, it's entertainment.

I had three thoughts about the half naked man that answered the door, one thought was Ben did not really know which room was Mahogany's because she did not even tell him where she really lives I could see her not giving the correct room number.  The second thought was the guy was part of the production team and they tried to make the visual to match the ridiculousness of the scenario so they made it seem she was so long gone they rented her room already.  The third thought and it is a stretch, that is Mahogs boyfriend who met her there at the resort and the two of them enjoyed a free hotel room.

Side note about the half glasses, I dated a slightly older man when I was newly divorced, we went to dinner, he pulled those out to read the bill and that was all I needed, he was dead sexy in those glasses...call me crazy.  The effect was lost when Ben pulled out his readers but that guy I dated, it worked for him!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

Maybe because he was asking for a man is why there was one in the hotel room.

I posted this story back on one of the threads. In high school Spanish class, I meant to say, "Yo tengo mucho hambre" meaning "I'm very hungry" but used the word "hombre" instead. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 3/21/2022 at 2:49 PM, Shauna said:

Why does Kimberly think her hair looks good so harshly pulled back like that?  Yuck. 

Maybe she thinks it's like a non-surgical face lift.  By pulling it back so tight she's also tightening up her facial skin, LOL. 

With that ugly Bassett Hound long-faced mug of hers, I don't believe there's enough makeup in the world, or cute hairstyles, that would ever improve her hideous looks.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 3/21/2022 at 3:51 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Makes her look like Gene Simmons.  At his current age.

What was going on with mama’s tongue?  Was flicking in and out nonstop like a lizard.

Do you really hate Gene Simmons that much so as to insult him in that way?  😜

I would love to see a face-to-face sit-down with mama and Mahogany, and see how good of a job the cameraman could do of going back and forth between the two, trying to capture images of Mama's tongue flicking and Memphis' eye twitching over and over and over.  It would be like watching a warped tennis match or ping-pong bout.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1