Type keyword(s) to search

I Love That For You - General Discussion

• Start Topic

That went pretty much the way I thought it would. I loved the on-camera fight between Perry and Beth Ann. Eggs aren't dairy?

So Beth Ann has Joanna confessing to lying about having cancer on digital, I'm sure that will come into play if this show gets another season. I hope it does, I liked it overall. It was fun and quirky. And I'm glad Joanna and Jackie reconciled.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
12 hours ago, iMonrey said:

That went pretty much the way I thought it would. I loved the on-camera fight between Perry and Beth Ann. Eggs aren't dairy?

So Beth Ann has Joanna confessing to lying about having cancer on digital, I'm sure that will come into play if this show gets another season. I hope it does, I liked it overall. It was fun and quirky. And I'm glad Joanna and Jackie reconciled.

The dairy debate harkens back to a debate on QVC as to whether the moon is a planet. I think it's on YouTube. 

GMA discusses it. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

I really enjoyed the episode and the first season.  The "are eggs dairy?" debate between Beth Ann and Perry was incredible.  I don't really believe Joanna's confession could stay secret given how it seems everyone at SVN knows what happened, and someone is bound to talk, but I'm willing to suspend disbelief because the show is so enjoyable.     

• Like 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, seasons said:

Great last episode though. I do hope it comes back.

I wonder if the hsn phone call is a set up from Beth Ann?

Oh, I never thought of that! But is BethAnn smart enough to carry that off? She's ditzy, but she definitely hates Joanna. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

You guys are right. The characters that annoy me are supposed to annoy me! Just shows great acting and like someone said, a surprise that the actors and the story, etc., all come together so well right off the bat!

Love the sets too.

Also loved when it turned out Jackie was feeding the words to Patricia. So touching.

And the scene in the chemo treatment room. And how Darcy was so taken aback by Patricia's hug - "Oh, we hug now!". 

Great character development in only 6 episodes. 

I wish Joanna would have said more about how she did have cancer. Maybe people would have understood more?

Also, Perry! 

Edited by seasons
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Oh, I never thought of that! But is BethAnn smart enough to carry that off? She's ditzy, but she definitely hates Joanna. 

My presumption is that Beth Ann is going to leverage the footage of Joanna's confession to everyone to try and get a more prominent place for herself at the network.  I don't think she is trying to set up Joanna via the HSN call.  

• Love 3
(edited)

I subscribed to Showtime, which I avoided for 20 years, just to watch this show. (Not enough great TV has returned post-COVID scariness.)

I liked it a lot, especially for the supporting characters who really make the show so enjoyable.

My SIL was an avid QVC junkie for years, spending much of her salary on crap. She's a prickly personality without many friends, so I think the show kept her company during motherhood. I'd occasionally watch with her, and I recognize some of these caricatures, especially Perry.

QVC does a breast cancer shoe sale, and I noticed how some of the hosts make it all about THEM. Bless their hearts, they just can't help themselves.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4