Type keyword(s) to search

The Julia Child Challenge - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 5/6/2022 at 9:38 PM, Cetacean said:

I was surprised to receive a reply from FN thanking me for my input on this show.  Not sure it will make any difference but it was nice to know I was heard!

That's so awesome that you did that, thank you

I think networks as a routine respond to comments - it's just good PR. But I think it also might tip the scales and add to ratings as how well a show is received. I know I've always received an acknowledgement when I contact a network or show, and not just a boilerplate "thanks for your input".

I binged this show on Sunday and wrapped it up last night. So charming! I loved how many clips they got in there from the French Chef. Honestly, Julia was hilarious. And intentionally so. But also the technique being taught was solid. I've always found the Mastering cookbooks intimidating and not necessarily practical for my lifestyle of cooking (one-pot wonders mostly). I'm reconsidering that now if it can teach me some stronger techniques.

Dustin was probably my favorite, but I had no issues with Jaine winning, especially after reading that charming profile that @Bastet posted. She's clearly talented and her techniques seemed more varied and successful than her competitors throughout the competition. That said, I will dream of both that duck pho and that lime curd dessert for a while. Bill's steak too!

Would happily watch another season of this. I l love seeing Antonia as the head judge. She has the perfect balance of tough love going on, and cooking authority. Dorie Greenspan was probably my favorite guest judge. Could do with less Nilou as always though. After Top Chef Kentucky, I think I've had all the Nilou I'll ever need.

I hope Fabrizio keeps going though. He definitely had something to his cooking and not just because he's a cutie. Elena was hilarious, and I wish her and her wife nothing but the best in their adventures. Bill needs to CALM DOWN. And maybe focus his dishes more. Britt needs to share her mac and cheese. My mother always used mustard in hers too!

Anyway, cute concept, charming execution, and smart challenges. Would definitely watch much more of this!

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
12 hours ago, Rai said:

I l love seeing Antonia as the head judge. She has the perfect balance of tough love going on, and cooking authority.

I usually complain about Food Network personalities but Antonia was pretty good.  No complaints here.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3

I watch this show on one of our Sling channels called "Unbox'd". On the show three cooks get a box of food and a WAlmart gift card. The judges don't actually eat the food but grade them on creativity etc... I don't watch it all the time, but if it is on, I tune in. Well last night one of the cooks was Fabrizio! 

• Applause 1