Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Commitment

Snazzy Daisy
  • Start Topic

Overall, this episode is a little bit underwhelming as compared to Fish, Camp and Donut. There’s nothing new about Dorothy. But it is still an anxiety-inducing episode with great execution of a twist. Great acting by Lauren Ambrose.👍🏻

What’s the deal with Roscoe and his encounter with Leanne in front of the house? He once asked the homeless teen what’s so special about Leanne. I don’t think he’s looking out for her or anything.

What happened to Milo? Is he being arrested at the shooting scene or being taken away by the cult? 

I don’t pay much attention to the dollhouse. Is that Leanne’s voodoo dollhouse? And what are the noises that Dorothy keeps hearing at 2am?

The moment Dr. Dale MacKenzie and her father turn on her, Dorothy looks so helpless and broken. Imagine if all in your family wouldn’t even listen to you when you’re asking for a change. Wait until she finds out her husband and her brother have been gaslighting her for months instead of getting her the proper help and treatment. And they do that mainly because of their own guilt and grief.

Leanne’s dominance and influence over the Turners household have reached a new level. She continues to dictate and dominate the family at every turn, in any possible way she can. Is Leanne now the 3rd member of the gaslighting gang or is she playing a long game?

Generally, what Dorothy says about Leanne kind of make sense from her perspective. “I understand that girl better than any of you.” “She is like this little worm that just gets under your skin and eats its way all the way to your heart!” What if Dorothy creates Leanne in her delusional world, as an alter ego to cope with her loss? 🤔

I don’t think Julian moving in with the Turners is a good idea. He is already under her spell and he’ll be distracted with her. Leanne is his new addiction.

Leanne’s singing at the end is haunting and unsettling, almost a mockery. See Dorothy, I am his mommy now.

There’s something a little weird about one frame in this episode. When Sean and Dorothy are walking away from the group, Leanne walks towards Julian and stands next to him, holding Jericho. For a glimpse, the 3 of them look like a family. Another foreshadowing? 🤨

471E5CD7-7A02-4317-8894-88A98166930D.jpeg

• Love 2

I knew Dorothy’s scheme was going to bite her in the butt. Leanne is too smart for her. 
I can’t take my eyes off Jericho whenever he is in a scene. So adorbs!

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 2

It strikes me that Dorothy and Leanne have reversed positions throughout the season.  In the beginning, Leanne was isolated and terrified of everything around her, with Dorothy and Sean telling her it was in her head and she had nothing to fear.  Now Dorothy is isolated and terrified of Leanne, with Sean and Julian (and Leanne) telling her that it's in her head and she has nothing to fear.

Also, in this episode Dorothy seemed to find new images in Leanne's journal (other than the lashing), but I couldn't tell what they were.  Did anyone else see?

Edited by Brn2bwild
  • Love 1
On 3/18/2022 at 7:19 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

Cute moment of Jericho, he’s adorable! ❤️

9A70EAEB-C1C8-458C-8B8D-2AE1C6C16598.jpeg

The two babies they use look nothing alike.    It seems like the baby should be older than he appears.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bluesky said:

The two babies they use look nothing alike.    It seems like the baby should be older than he appears.  

True that, both babies have different eyes.

Remember in Ring episode, Tobe's rude gf thought Jericho is 18mo. Sean said he is 9mo and big for his age.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

True that, both babies have different eyes.

Remember in Ring episode, Tobe's rude gf thought Jericho is 18mo. Sean said he is 9mo and big for his age.

Different eyebrows, different hair cuts and one seems younger.  

It didn’t make sense that he was under six months old.   The only reason he wouldn’t be crawling at 9 mos old is they never let him on the floor.    

• Love 3