Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Bob’s not sure his family is cut out for the small screen when he decides to shoot a TV commercial for MaxDot and the director, Marion (Briga Heelan), wants the ad to focus on the Wheelers.

Monday, March 14, 2022 (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on CBS 
GUEST CAST:
Joe O’Connell   (Jerry)
Briga Heelan    (Marion)
Cedric the Entertainer   (Calvin)
Tichina Arnold   (Tina)
275138524_1767899783418138_8899225128405

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I want a pair of MaxDot socks.

I think if I needed compression socks, I would want them in a neutral color, and definitely wouldn't want the MaxDot name all over them.

The bright colors are fun for a commercial, but I don't think I'd want to advertise the fact that I had varicose veins.

I guess this episode settles the argument about who owns the company-If Dottie is to be believed, it's her, and not her and the kids.  Which means Bob really can't be making promises about who will take over when he retires.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 1

It was nice for Christine and Dottie to make up, but I don't know why Christine was in the commercial. She's going to get fired from her new job for appearing in a competitor's ad. I don't know why she'd agree to this, or why Bob wouldn't see the conflict of interest. I thought she'd just stay off camera and just be there for "moral support" but no, there's she's singing and dancing the jingle with everybody else. She's SO fired.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

The part where they implied that the sock helped with Tunde's erections was so funny 🤣. Best part of the episode for me. And I agree, the way Abishola says Bob is adorable.

• Love 7

I don't have varicose veins but I do have a pair of compression socks,  from Duluth Trading  (fun colors but not neon). They help a bit with my tendinitis and they're quite comfortable.  My husband has prescription socks (circulation issues) which he hates

Agree that the ad was a huge conflict of interest for Christine 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I can imagine that Christina's new company won't love the fact that she's shilling another company's socks.  

That really was a ridiculously catchy tune, that commercial lady might be a hardass but she gets results. Socks that rock, socks that rock! I loved everyone's big goofy grins as well.

I love the way Abishola says Bob, its charming.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 5

I loved the commercial director.  She was great, so manipulative!  The Zoom meeting was fantastic too.  This was really Dottie's episode, and Christine Ebersole owned it nicely.

This was also the first episode where I really noticed Billy Gardell's weight loss.  Wow.  Other than the fact that his face looks a little sunken at rest, he looks terrific!  Especially when he was talking with Abishola.

• Love 9

I thought this was the funniest episode in quite a while. So much better than hearing Abishola's horrible mother insulting everyone and putting them down ! I liked the individual parts of the commercial, although what they showed at the end wasn't as good-- until they slipped in Calvin from The Neighborhood ! That was funny !

The commercial director was on B Positive for the first season as one of the group of patients getting kidney dialysis.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
31 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Was this the crossover episode?

Yes

Gina Yashere (Kemi on Bob Hearts Abishola) will play a new character, a party planner named Chika on "The Neighborhood" at some later date.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Where was Dele!!!!  I was waiting to see him doing a dance routine wearing a pair of MaxDot socks that rock!

I wonder if the final scene (The Neighborhood crossover) was added to fill out the episode because Travis Wolfe Jr. (Dele) couldn't be there?
The crossover bit seemed kind of tacked on, whereas Dele dancing in MaxDot socks seems made to order for this episode..
Probably not, but now that you mention it

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, willco said:

I thought this was the funniest episode in quite a while. So much better than hearing Abishola's horrible mother insulting everyone and putting them down ! I liked the individual parts of the commercial, although what they showed at the end wasn't as good-- until they slipped in Calvin from The Neighborhood ! That was funny !

The commercial director was on B Positive for the first season as one of the group of patients getting kidney dialysis.

I couldn't figure out where I knew that actress from - thanks!!  

Now - THAT would have also been a good crossover, and fitting with the product....the residents of the assisted living facility in the current B Positive, all wearing compression socks from Max Dot!  

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Darn, I must have dozed off as I didn't see the dance sequence; missed Calvin and Dele..I also deleted it. Can anyone attach it here? Thank you to anyone who can.  

Dear @floridamom, I’m afraid you’re still sleep reading a bit.🤣 

We were only surprised that Dele wasn’t in the episode, and so we started riffing on how easily a dance sequence with Dele would have fit into the commercial—–but, sadly, Dele was not in the episode.

But, yes, you did miss the bit with Calvin/Cedric at the end.  
You can see it at the end of the clip on this page, starting at the 1:18 mark:

https://tvline.com/2022/03/14/bob-hearts-abishola-recap-the-neighborhood-crossover-explained/amp/

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I don't necessarily think Christina's new company and MaxDot are competitors. MaxDot is in the niche market of compression socks only it seems. I thought Christina's new company was targeted towards fun and silly socks that people wear anytime. They may carry compression socks, but that's not their core business model. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

shapeshifter, thank you so very much for attaching that part of the episode. It was very nice of you. Now that I am awake, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I agree that this could be a real commercial for a real compression sock. Yes, I'd buy them too! I enjoyed Cedric joining in .....that was a good idea!

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Sigmagirl said:

Abishola’s pronunciation of "Bob" is second only to Blackadder’s.

I tried to get the wife to watch Black Adder but she lasted about 10 minutes, same with Red Dwarf but she did like Gavin & Stacey, I was born where Stacey lived.

(edited)

Dr. Motion makes compression socks in crew and ankle styles that look and feel like regular socks, the only way I know they’re working is that my feet don’t hurt and my ankles aren’t swollen at the end of a fifteen hour day. Pacas also makes the traditional knee length compression socks, but they’re all in fun colors (more pastel than MaxDot). 

I don’t think they’re medical grade, but they all work in terms of preventing foot pain, swelling, etc., which seems to be MaxDot’s target demographic, I don’t think they’re being bought by diabetic or cardiac patients who probably need something more prescriptive. 

Edited by ZuluQueenOfDwarves
  • Useful 1