Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Teeny Weenie String Bikini

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think that Meghan drank an entire bottle of champagne, in one evening, then drank a bunch of other drinks too.   I think the others are wondering if she has a drinking problem.   I hope it's just a storyline, and Meghan isn't drinking massive amounts of booze.    She's still a larger woman, so should have a larger capacity, but one of the others said after your stomach is reduced surgically, you absorb alcohol much quicker.    If Meghan really drank everything the others said she did, then that was way too much.  

It may have been the show, but Meghan has issues with her body. I hope it doesn't mean lots of alcohol.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think that Meghan drank an entire bottle of champagne, in one evening, then drank a bunch of other drinks too.   I think the others are wondering if she has a drinking problem.   I hope it's just a storyline, and Meghan isn't drinking massive amounts of booze.    She's still a larger woman, so should have a larger capacity, but one of the others said after your stomach is reduced surgically, you absorb alcohol much quicker.    If Meghan really drank everything the others said she did, then that was way too much.  

I’ll have to check out that part.  Not sure if champagne or sparkling wine,but it’s about the same in alcohol content.  It’s not that high.  Only about 4 glasses per bottle…..if you consume it over the course of an evening, that’s not much. Then you add in other drinks….depends on whether they are fruity drinks with more sugar than alcohol. I wonder if she was actually drunk.  With the level of anxiety Meghan has, I can understand why she attempts to get relief by drinking.  She needs to watch it though.  Binge drinking can be unhealthy long term.   

• Love 1

Aren't you supposed to avoid carbonated drinks if you've had this surgery? I remember thinking how it was bad enough that these patients had to give up beer, soda, and sparkling wine, but giving up soda water is what would get me in the end.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, monagatuna said:

Aren't you supposed to avoid carbonated drinks if you've had this surgery? I remember thinking how it was bad enough that these patients had to give up beer, soda, and sparkling wine, but giving up soda water is what would get me in the end.

I hadn't thought of that. I drink a soda and I belch for a while. I found a sugar free brand but all of that carbonation comes out. No surgery, just what happens.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 2

Yes you're supposed to refrain from carbonation after bariatric surgery, since you're stomach is smaller it is uncomfortable & if it's habitual you can stretch out your "pouch", the technical name for your new small stomach, enabling you to eat more. 

Booze hits you really quick but wears off quickly also, so you have to pound down more & more to maintain the high.  Everyone's different, I feel sick to my stomach if I drink liquor & I had surgery decades ago. But I have a friend who tolerates it too well unfortunately.  

In the intro to My 600 Lb Life it says that the success rate in the super morbidly obese keeping it off is 5%. 

FYI yes we've seen that therapist from the nice part of town before.  Dr Proctor sent the Slaton gals to see her once while they were in Atlanta a season or so ago.  It was before he dumped Tammy as a patient.  

Frankly I don't know what Tina & Ashley are doing on this trainwreck. Especially Ashley. Isn't having an actual job an automatic disqualification for being on a show like this?  Weren't Meghan & Vanessa enough for TLC?   Wonder if they're embarrassed now looking back on it.  I feel sorry for Tina's kids.  Imagine you're young & your mom is on a tv show like this one. Dignity please!!  

• Useful 3
  • Love 5