Type keyword(s) to search

S04.01: Turn and Face the Strange

• Start Topic

I hope I am starting a thread right...

Anyone else still watching?

I can't believe Callie of all people recorded her client and blackmailed his father. All to help Constance Zimmer who is actually guilty of at least one of the crimes she's accused of. That can't be proper lawyer behavior. I did like the scene where she apologized to Jamie and they admitted they still love each other but didn't get back together. For now. But I guess Callie is about to quit another job? The only other life change she could be making is moving far away and she has to stay on the show so that can't happen.

So Alice is off on tour or something? I missed the explanation, but I hope she isn't gone all season.

The actress who plays Davia looks like she lost weight. She looks great, but she looked great before too. Don't feel bad that her teacher boyfriend decided he didn't want to play second fiddle. She clearly does still have feelings for Dennis.

I didn't think the new guy was being that jerky to Mariana. He could have been nicer about not wanting to talk about his job, but she could have answered his questions too. I guess they will be hooking up soon though.

Yes the Davis actress lost a significant amount of weight - at some angles her face doesn't even resemble her old face. She was pretty before but her weight would have limited her ability to get other roles in shows that weren't being overtly diverse.

Alice is on tour with Margaret Cho. Either she is working on other projects (doubtful) or budget constraints necessitated her not being in show to enable other regulars like the reporter and the pregnant woman.

I'm still watching. I just hate starting the episode threads.

I actually liked this episode! I was dreading every single plot turn but then mostly they came down on the side of progress, even if messy.

I was thrilled that Davia's boyfriend decided not to be her pacifier. She told Dennis she wanted to be wanted. She didn't say she actually wanted the other guy. She's still in a need/want/ego thing, but it was progress in a way. I liked the boyfriend who is no longer her boyfriend, though, so I'll miss him.

Malika's resolution was similar. You can love someone and still not be a good match. 

Not sure what I think about Mariana's situation. 

Callie... wow. I think it's good she can see grey, and that she and Jaime had a good conversation. I also don't blame her if she does quit working for Kathleen. The rest... yeah, I don't know what to say about that. I wonder if it blows up in her face or if they really are planning to bury it and move on.

I can't stand Sumi. I really dislike her and have yet to see any reason to even tolerate her.

Gael didn't even consider moving away so Isabella could take the job elsewhere. I get why he doesn't want to, but I can't believe this is going to end well, either. It seems like they want us to think it will. I like the idea of a co-parenting and collective living situation working, but I don't really think Gael and Isabella are on the same page and also I don't see The Coterie as exactly childproofed, you know?

But what I like about this show is that they do represent people who are familiar to me in real life. There really isn't any other show that does that, and I appreciate the effort, even when I find things about it irritating. The irritation is not that far from real life, either!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

So Alice is off on tour or something? I missed the explanation, but I hope she isn't gone all season.

There is a documentary on Netflix, I think, and "Alice's" is in it. Maybe she had some project going on and couldn't leave, since Covid messed up with schedules of pretty much everything.

I can't believe Callie of all people recorded her client and blackmailed his father.

Is this allowed in California, recored someone without letting them know? I know it is against the law in some states.

But I guess Callie is about to quit another job?

I stand by my guess that Callie and Jamie will go "Legal Eagle"  and open a firm together. 

I thought the episode was boring

• Love 1