Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Download

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

In terms of Ingrid and Nathan, I can see why she'd be obsessed with him. He connects with people easily and draws them to him.  She grew up unloved and with no family connections, sterile and shrill home environment. 

The problem I have is she is she is so shallow and self absorbed, and does not hide it, I have a hard time believing he would stay with her as long as he has. I'd think he'd see right through her from the beginning and move on. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

In terms of Ingrid and Nathan, I can see why she'd be obsessed with him. He connects with people easily and draws them to him.  She grew up unloved and with no family connections, sterile and shrill home environment. 

The problem I have is she is she is so shallow and self absorbed, and does not hide it, I have a hard time believing he would stay with her as long as he has. I'd think he'd see right through her from the beginning and move on. 

He accidentally threw his niece across the room, because he was looking at himself in the mirror, every time they spun around, as he held onto her arms. He was pretty shallow, too. As long as he was alive, he was having fun with a pretty woman, who had money. He showed from the start, that he wasn't that serious about her, and that she was pushing for more. Nora just happens to be gorgeous, too. 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Anela said:

He accidentally threw his niece across the room, because he was looking at himself in the mirror, every time they spun around, as he held onto her arms. He was pretty shallow, too. As long as he was alive, he was having fun with a pretty woman, who had money. He showed from the start, that he wasn't that serious about her, and that she was pushing for more. Nora just happens to be gorgeous, too. 

I'd have to rewatch season one,  it's been awhile.   But I dontvrecall it that way. 

And while he may be obsessed with his looks that is different from the shallowness on her part.  Shallow probably isn't the correct word.  She lacks empathy for others and treats them all as if they exist to serve her, even when she was alive. Not just when that was literally the case in the afterlife. He may been obsessed with his looks and liked to have fun but he didnt treat others so poorly like her.  

• Love 1

Ok, so Ingrid paid a lot of money for her non-dead status to be kept a secret, but surely her grandmother would have found out that she wasn't dead from even the most minimal of contacts with the family, and I don't think we have seen anything to suggest that the grandmother would keep a secret like that for her rather than blurt it out to all and sundry.

• Love 1

I can't remember which episode this was revealed in, so I'm hiding it

She hid her status from everyone. She would wear the suit for hours at a time, but also make appearances in her regular life, so her family had no idea she was faking her upload status.

10 hours ago, possibilities said:

I can't remember which episode this was revealed in, so I'm hiding it

Reveal spoiler

She hid her status from everyone. She would wear the suit for hours at a time, but also make appearances in her regular life, so her family had no idea she was faking her upload status.

Anyone in this thread has seen the whole series or is expecting to be spoiled. :) I think the point is that grandma thinks Ingrid is voluntarily dead and uploaded, which would probably be a big point of scandalized conversation between grandma and living relatives…and the living relatives would tell grandma that Ingrid is actually alive and well and likely ask what grandma is talking about. Busted.

On 4/23/2022 at 9:26 AM, catsitter said:

Ok, so Ingrid paid a lot of money for her non-dead status to be kept a secret, but surely her grandmother would have found out that she wasn't dead from even the most minimal of contacts with the family, and I don't think we have seen anything to suggest that the grandmother would keep a secret like that for her rather than blurt it out to all and sundry.

I would guess that they just don't talk to the grandmother very often, since they're all selfish pricks.

• Love 2

I'm confused about the body farm or whatever it was that Ingrid was regrowing Nathan's body.  Was this an illegal operation?  There was the earlier visit to some other body farm where Matteo and Nora were killing the bodies (including Jake Paul hahahaha), are these body farms not allowed and/or common knowledge?

Why would anyone stay dead if they can just download into a new body?  I guess the technology isn't perfect and the pigeons were exploding, but the whole thing seemed odd if it's illegal.  Why wouldn't the Ludds just break in to every single one of them then if they are so against downloading?

On 5/3/2022 at 2:59 PM, blackwing said:

There was the earlier visit to some other body farm where Matteo and Nora were killing the bodies (including Jake Paul hahahaha), are these body farms not allowed and/or common knowledge?

I don't know the answer to that question, but it sounds like you got the Jake Paul joke. I didn't get it--who is Jake Paul and why was Nora disgusted when she saw that name?

On 5/22/2022 at 6:14 AM, Paloma said:

I don't know the answer to that question, but it sounds like you got the Jake Paul joke. I didn't get it--who is Jake Paul and why was Nora disgusted when she saw that name?

Jake Paul and his brother Logan Paul are internet celebrities whose fame and fortune mostly comes from making YouTube videos.  They've also branched out into boxing (both) and reality TV (Logan was on Masked Singer).  They have a huge following, which I find inexplicable, to me it's along the same lines as how the Kardashians are so popular.  One of the things that Logan is best known for is for going into a forest in Japan where people went to commit suicide.  He videoed bodies hanging from trees and had commentary about it and put it on YouTube.  He got a lot of flak for that.

So Nora being disgusted that it was Jake Paul and then later unplugging his machine so his cloned body would die was really funny to me.

• Useful 1