Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: The Outing

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Gotta mention a moment from this episode.

The AI knew that Ingrid was faking being uploaded.  She's paying tons to keep that private, nobody knows, but the AI figures it out.  In season 1, the AI wasn't able to pick a picture of a cat, but is smart enough to know that Ingrid is pretending.  The AI is evolving, getting smarter and more human.  The hug from Tinsley earlier in the season was the flashpoint for it.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, possibilities said:

The AI was upgraded, though, so whether it's evolving or just programmed better, I think is not so clear.

Is the fake AI/real Boris still in Lakeview? Or did he just visit once?

And Ingrid's mom sucks. So does her father. Ingrid is no Mother Theresa, but she could be much, much worse. 

Edited by topanga
  • Love 2

Aside from reflecting badly on Ingrid, what was the significance of the trial baby completing its life cycle in 24 hours? Was it because she ordered it to sleep all the time? I don't recall them mentioning an average lifespan but I could have missed it.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 2

I thought so too, but we didn't see her do much "mothering" aside from telling it to sleep, so I was curious if that along with zero nurturing sped up the process. Like would it have been a baby/toddler longer if she soothed it when crying or played peekaboo longer.

It's not that important, I just get stuck on nitpicky stuff sometimes.

1 hour ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

Aside from reflecting badly on Ingrid, what was the significance of the trial baby completing its life cycle in 24 hours? Was it because she ordered it to sleep all the time? I don't recall them mentioning an average lifespan but I could have missed it.

It comes up later the average lifespan. This falls.....well short

On 3/12/2022 at 11:10 PM, auntiemel said:

That shot of Nathan's regenerating body in the pool of water while Ingrid talked to him was creepy as fuck!

I initially misheard her sobby "Nathan" as "David," which made me think the plot was heading toward a Freejack place and would explain David Choak's apparent interest in Nathan.

• Love 1
On 3/17/2022 at 1:25 AM, Jediknight said:

Gotta mention a moment from this episode.

The AI knew that Ingrid was faking being uploaded.  She's paying tons to keep that private, nobody knows, but the AI figures it out.  In season 1, the AI wasn't able to pick a picture of a cat, but is smart enough to know that Ingrid is pretending.  The AI is evolving, getting smarter and more human.  The hug from Tinsley earlier in the season was the flashpoint for it.

I thought the AI knew because the AI (red haired guy) and those other two were interviewing her suitability as a mother, and then she just froze because in real life, she had left the bathtub and the hug suit.  She was gone for hours, and even a dumb AI would know that it wasn't just a glitch, as she claimed.

Or maybe the other two people with her (who were not AI, they were supposed to be actual Uploads) recognised her as a fake because she froze and told the AI and asked the AI to sit there until she came back.