Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Robin Hood

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

On 3/11/2022 at 6:12 AM, paulvdb said:

Hey, it's Dr. Hirai from Star Trek Discovery. I know he's been in lots of other stuff, but I just saw him on that earlier today.

That was my thought too! Well, it was more like, “dang he got back to earth fast”

On 3/10/2022 at 11:34 PM, AnimeMania said:

Craig Munthers is wearing a facial prosthetic, it is OK because they are using his real face when he enters the VR World.

I don't really understand the point of this. I found his fat suit distracting. 

Overall a fun episode. I really enjoyed alt-Ingrid, but I got confused by the various ring drives. What ring drive did Craig throw in the garbage? Also, are ring drives a real thing? 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Melina22 said:
On 3/10/2022 at 10:34 PM, AnimeMania said:

Craig Munthers is wearing a facial prosthetic, it is OK because they are using his real face when he enters the VR World.

I don't really understand the point of this. I found his fat suit distracting. 

It was just to show that his Avatar was a slightly skinnier/more fit version of himself. With all the CGI the show required you would think they could have hid that he was wearing a prosthetic better.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

With all the CGI the show required you would think they could have hid that he was wearing a prosthetic better.  

Agreed. On the plus side, this show isn't plagued by horrifying wigs like so many are. 

• LOL 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Melina22 said:

What ring drive did Craig throw in the garbage?

Nora was leaving serveral Backdoor Virus infected Ring Drives around the office hoping that somebody would use one in order to allow the Luds access to the computers. Nora left one in Craig Munthers bowl of drives, which he realized wasn't one of his and throw it away. Eventually, Lucy used one of the infected Ring Drives that Nora put in the box of items was Lucy's hiding from the Police Investigator. 

Ring Drives are not a real thing, but they probably could be in the future, they kind of remind me of how people can charge a phone just by sitting it on a special charging surface.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 3/14/2022 at 2:30 PM, AnimeMania said:

Nora was leaving serveral Backdoor Virus infected Ring Drives around the office hoping that somebody would use one in order to allow the Luds access to the computers. Nora left one in Craig Munthers bowl of drives, which he realized wasn't one of his and throw it away. Eventually, Lucy used one of the infected Ring Drives that Nora put in the box of items was Lucy's hiding from the Police Investigator. 

Ring Drives are not a real thing, but they probably could be in the future, they kind of remind me of how people can charge a phone just by sitting it on a special charging surface.

That method of getting a virus into somewhere is real though, just using USB drives instead.

• Love 1

"Don't listen to the fucking toilet! You're a fucking toilet!" Ingrid gets some good lines on this show. And, "aw. It is great being me."

Job Gerbil is a fun company name, and probably only a few years from being a real thing. But that lady was not good at acting like Ingrid. I did feel bad for Ingrid when Nathan said that it was the best day they'd ever had.

Choak eating exotic animals is a fun bit. I'm sure there are a lot of people who would do just that, if they had the chance.

I'm feeling bad for Yang, in that bleak, memory-limited place. Nathan's plan to redistribute wealth doesn't seem like it lasted too long. The poker scene was kind of predictable.

No, Aleesha, do not start to think Luke is attractive! But of course the temp has the hots for Nathan.

So they put that guy in a fat suit just so they could have the unspoken gag of him making his avatar skinnier? Okay.

Glad Nora is back from Camp Boring, but her storyline really isn't compelling at all. I don't care about what the luddites are trying to do, and the actor playing Mateo is showing far less charisma in this than he did in The Expanse.

• Like 1