Type keyword(s) to search

Survivor 42: Previews and Speculation

LadyChatts
  • Start Topic

The 8, now 7, did not do a good job of covering their conversations with Chanelle. "Spear fishing good. Yup, it is. Hey lets go spearfishing!" 5 seconds after she arrives. Then "Hey so we discussing voting out X. You in. Wanna go spearfishing?"

It was awkward to watch. I felt bad for Chanelle, not because she deserves to be felt bad for but because they are so awful at covering up that they are talking about her.

• Love 2
(edited)

There's 4 sneak peeks so I'll post them as links.

Sneak peek #1 (Romeo discusses tribe dynamics and how he's paranoid about being blindsided again)

https://youtu.be/4IQrSJDmBA4

Sneak peek #2 (post-TC convo with MaryAnne and Lindsey; MaryAnne is upset at being on the bottom and compares it to not being one of the "cool kids" in real life.  Lindsey assures MaryAnne she was a vote for Lydia)

https://youtu.be/Uwccv1hsv7Y

Sneak peek #3 (some strategizing with names being thrown out, something about Tori being a decoy vote, and Omar discusses keeping his options open-he's trying to play both sides with the big 8 person alliance, and outliers as he calls them, which is Romeo, Tori, Chanelle, MaryAnne)

https://youtu.be/wlIwscFFGiA

Sneak peek #4 (Mike discusses trying to fit in with the tribe and learning about new things, especially being the oldest member.  We see him have a convo with Omar about Omar's faith, which is Islam)

https://youtu.be/OYMsmwFP0G4

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3

Maryann is upset she is at the bottom of the alliance and wonder why people don't want to work with her. Maybe think about how you behave and present yourself. I get that it is hard being different but she is old enough to be able to look at herself and understand how people are reacting to her. We all need to learn how to tone down elements of our personalities so that we can get along with different people but she has not even come close to figuring that out. It is kind of fascinating to watch.

Omar could be getting himself in trouble and overplaying his hand.

Mike is a pretty good dude. He is a bit rough around the edges but he seems approachable and accepting and like a good dude.

• Love 2
(edited)

Omar mentioned being between the big alliance and the outliers.  People who are on the bottom know it, so my feeling is this week will be edited as some ‘Omar in the middle’ where he picks which side will be in control of the game going forward.  And yeah, being the one who feels like they have all this power and will be the deciding factor usually isn’t the best place to be.  

Mike kind of reminds me of Rudy in the sense that he knows he has to be the one fitting in because of his age and being kind of out of touch with his younger tribe members.  But he also seems like he genuinely wants to get to know who he’s playing with and learn about them, especially those who are different from him.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Thanks for providing highlights of those clips. They can’t be seen in Canada. 

No problem!  I added a little more to a couple of the clips for those that can't see them.  I always forget that outside the US others may not have access to them.

• Love 1

Next week: two people win immunity, two people go home.

Someone (couldn't tell if it was Rocksroy or Mike) noticed there's more men than women left, and then we see Mike onboard to do the whole guys alliance.

Jonathan and Lindsey have a little tiff about one of them knowing more than the other.

2 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Next week: two people win immunity, two people go home.

Someone (couldn't tell if it was Rocksroy or Mike) noticed there's more men than women left, and then we see Mike onboard to do the whole guys alliance.

Jonathan and Lindsey have a little tiff about one of them knowing more than the other.

Is this the case of a man and a woman winning immunity or the last two remaining win immunity? 

4 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

Is this the case of a man and a woman winning immunity or the last two remaining win immunity? 

Hmm, not sure.  I think in the past when they’ve done this, it’s usually been one man and one woman, right?  

8 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

3 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Hmm, not sure.  I think in the past when they’ve done this, it’s usually been one man and one woman, right?  

But that is when there is just one TC. For this, they will be divided to have two TCs, so immunity by gender might not work in this case. 

Because they've done double boots post-merge different ways, someone refresh my memory.  When there's been two immunity winners and two boots, don't they usually have two TC?  And this season has been following the formula of S41, so this could be an Evvie/Naseer situation.  It would eat up a lot of time having two boots at the same TC, especially if one group gets blindsided and doesn't have a chance to strategize after the fact.  And Jeff tells them two people are going home, so that won't be a surprise.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
Just now, LadyChatts said:

Because they've done double boots post-merge different ways, someone refresh my memory.  When there's been two immunity winners and two boots, don't they usually have two TC?  And this season has been following the formula of S41, so this could be an Evvie/Naseer situation.  It would eat up a lot of time having two boots at the same TC, especially if one group gets blindsided and doesn't have a chance to strategize after the fact.  And Jeff tells them two people are going home, so that won't be a surprise.  

That’s what I was thinking.  Which means they would split immunity by gender.  

1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

Based on last season, weren't they divided by two groups of 5? The first tribal would be the first 5 and then someone is voted out and immediately goes to sit on the jury, and then the next group of 5 walk in. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

Based on last season, weren't they divided by two groups of 5? The first tribal would be the first 5 and then someone is voted out and immediately goes to sit on the jury, and then the next group of 5 walk in. 

I had to look it up, but yes, everyone drew for what tribe they were going to be on, and it was groups of five.  Naseer was voted off first, and went over to the jury when the second group came in.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Sneak peek #1 (aftermath of TC.  Romeo pretends to be cool with being voted for, and puts on a happy face even though he didn't like being lied to again, and being the target.  Hai is asking Tori if she voted for him, says in a TH that he's fine with the hinky vote, then causes a scene about having his name written down for the first time.  He correctly assumes it's Romeo, despite Romeo's denials.  Romeo voted for Hai to cause him to freak out over his name being written down, since he believes Hai is lying and instigating stuff with everyone.  I'd say he succeeded).

https://youtu.be/25jwL4WQd14

Sneak peek #2 (Hai, Rocks, Jonathan, Mike talk about voting Romeo next, although not sure Hai is onboard.  R/J/M talk about forming a guys alliance, and Rocks is worried about potentially being next as he doesn't think his contributions about camp are appreciated (like fishing and gathering wood, as others in camp have sometimes already done it before he can).  Jonathan also makes the comment about people coming for the big strong guys, which is why he's cool with the all guys thing.  If that was really the case, he'd already be gone.  Mike mentions bringing in Hai and Omar.  Which, that would create a tie if the girls got wind of this and brought Romeo to their side.  They also have 2 extra votes with Drea and MaryAnne.  

https://youtu.be/KtH_BAZn9qU

Sneak peek #3 (at the challenge where they are told about dividing into two tribes and voting off two people)

https://youtu.be/7mt-wNiB86g

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

Next week-looks like lots of strategizing.  Mike tells Jonathan Hai lied to him (about what, I'm wondering).  If he tries and says that he didn't know Rocks was going, then Mike is the one lying since Hai went out of his way to clue him into the Rocks vote.  And Mike voted for Rocks.  

Drea and Lindsey bring up Jonathan's name.  Hai says something about he's available.

I worry Omar may be getting a little too confident.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Next week-looks like lots of strategizing.  Mike tells Jonathan Hai lied to him (about what, I'm wondering).  If he tries and says that he didn't know Rocks was going, then Mike is the one lying since Hai went out of his way to clue him into the Rocks vote.  And Mike voted for Rocks.  

Drea and Lindsey bring up Jonathan's name.  Hai says something about he's available.

I worry Omar may be getting a little too confident.

I think they threw out Jonathan’s name and then the generic “he has to go” as misdirection, especially with both Lyndsey and Omar both apparently wanting Jonathan gone.   That would be removing all suspense.  Unless it is some kind of double bluff since we’d be confident that the preview was too specific….

I think Hai is a goner. The previews usually misdirect, but I bet Jonathan is safe, and Hai is more at risk.

Also, Mike is playing emotional again saying that Hai was lying to him. People lie in this game. That's a part of it.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

I think Hai is a goner. The previews usually misdirect, but I bet Jonathan is safe, and Hai is more at risk.

Also, Mike is playing emotional again saying that Hai was lying to him. People lie in this game. That's a part of it.

I think it is easier to say "It's a game" when you are sitting at home, well rested, and feed. I would bet that everyone of the players goes into the game thinking that way and planning on playing with a cool attitude and to let things roll of their back. And then things change.

There is no way Daniel reacted or played the way he wanted to. It just isn't possible but I think we saw who Daniel is under extreme stress. I mean, listening to Daniel's interviews and the way he sounds and behaves when rested and feed you can see why he played the way he did. I really doubt that was how he planned on playing or wanted to play. 

Mike and Hai are emotionally driven. It is pretty darn clear that they see slights and they hold grudges. That influences their actions. 

Romeo and Maryann have been shown to have emotional responses in their confessionals but to shield a lot of that in their game play. Different personalities. Both of them also come from backgrounds where they are used to hiding. Romeo has flat out said that he has hidden his sexuality from people and Maryann has talked about needing to try and conform in some way. I think Romeo has had more success then Maryann in general but they both have mentioned knowing that the need to hide a part of who they are in real life. That is going to help them do the same in the game. 

I have heard past Survivor players saying that you are best off owning who you are before you go out to play and not trying to change your personality to play the game, because you will fail if you try to play out of character. Lisa and Dawn both spoke to this. They saw what they thought was the type of player that they needed to be to win and tried to play that game but it clashed with who they were as people. So that ruthless game clashed hard enough with their lager personality that they came across as fake and people felt betrayed. 

The great player can embrace their personalities and play the game using that and win. Some good players took a few seasons to figure out what they had to tweak a bit to pull out the win (Boston Rob and Tyson) and others never figure it out and keep wondering why they lose (Russell, Coach)

I am not sure that Hai and Mike are able to reign in that emotional reaction to being betrayed and keep going on with the game. I don't think that is possible given their personalities.

• Love 2
(edited)

Sneak peek #1 (aftermath of Rocks vote).  Mike didn't want to vote out Rocksroy and is mad that he is letting Hai play his game for him.  He brings up how sacred his word is to people.  Omar is fine with Rocks being gone, but is using Mike's discontent with the vote and feeling pressured by Hai to break up Mike/Hai.

https://youtu.be/GRVO5JiTP8E

Sneak peek #2 (Lindsey discusses Jonathan's plan to vote for Drea and using MaryAnne as a backup with Omar.  Lindsey said Jonathan isn't her favorite alliance member at this point, and feels that his bad way of playing strategy reflects on her).

https://youtu.be/OeWiRqn_l6w

Sneak peek #3 (start of the challenge.  They keep focusing in on MaryAnne's shaking arms-it's raining and cold so that's probably why she's doing that, but not sure if that's going somewhere.  Jeff says this challenge won't push them but will instead be fun).

https://youtu.be/z7mdSjQzz6E

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

They keep focusing in on MaryAnne's shaking arms-it's raining and cold so that's probably why she's doing that,

There's also a small cut to Romeo shivering as Peachy's asking "How are y'all doing?"  Which makes it the two people with the least body mass and/or fat shown as shivering.  But Romeo has on a layer that Maryanne doesn't (Survivor not providing adequate clothing for the female contestants?  That's a first.   /s), so her movements are more visible and pronounced.

• Love 1

Next week on Survivor: a final 4 alliance of Omar, Drea, Lindsey, and Mike seems to be brewing.  Yet Drea goes and throws Mike’s name out to be voted off.  Drea’s name also gets brought up, as did Romeo and Jonathan I think. 

At the challenge, Jeff says there’s a twist and it’s “dangerous” (please tell me the do or die twist isn’t back). 

Next week on Survivor: a final 4 alliance of Omar, Drea, Lindsey, and Mike seems to be brewing.  Yet Drea goes and throws Mike’s name out to be voted off.  Drea’s name also gets brought up, as did Romeo and Jonathan I think. 

At the challenge, Jeff says there’s a twist and it’s “dangerous” (please tell me the do or die twist isn’t back). 

Those are a lot of names being thrown around next week.

I do believe the do or die twist is back, unfortunately. No idea if the rules are the same as last season.

• Love 1

https://youtu.be/JiGe0Y_mrhs

Here's a preview for this week.  Drea says Romeo doesn't do anything around camp, while Romeo sounds like he's just going to try and stay under the radar and let the others eat themselves (I like how he looked at the camera and went 'shh').  Mike tells Lindsey she has a straight line to the final 4.  Drea says something to Omar about an idol, so I wonder if she tells him about her KIP advantage and that she's going to take Mike's idol?  If so, could this be Liana 2.0 where Mike gives his idol to someone else?  I wish Jeff would throw curve ball in there and say that either Mike has to give her his idol, or whoever he gave it to for safekeeping now legally owns the thing.  I just don't like Mike, so I don't want him to come out looking good lol  Also, if Omar is the only person Drea says this to then that could backfire on him if he tells Mike about it.  Worth nothing that we hear Omar say he doesn't trust anything Mike says anymore.

Jonathan also says he's been holding his tongue for so long, and someone (I think Lindsey) says he's starting to unravel.  We see Drea, Omar, Jonathan, Mike, and Lindsey sitting at the beach, which looks like the same scene from the end of the episode in the previews where they talked about an alliance.

• Love 3

Next week:

Lindsey wants Jonathan out (of course).  Mike tells MaryAnne Omar is next, and says something in a TH about her thinking he's her pawn but he's not (not sure if this related to MaryAnne and Omar or what).  MaryAnne tells Romeo something super secret that can't leave this conversation, and we see her crying in a TH about not being a goat that is herded.

Next week:

Lindsey wants Jonathan out (of course).  Mike tells MaryAnne Omar is next, and says something in a TH about her thinking he's her pawn but he's not (not sure if this related to MaryAnne and Omar or what).  MaryAnne tells Romeo something super secret that can't leave this conversation, and we see her crying in a TH about not being a goat that is herded.

The Taku 4 might finally turn on each other next week. Jonathan says something about staying intact until now. I wonder if any of them actually go.

• Love 1

Preview for this week.  Some interesting things.  Lindsey wants Jonathan to go, because of his ability to win challenges.  MaryAnne says to Jonathan that they "need to take the risk", and says in a TH she's the sacrificial lamb (I can't tell if she says "to them" because she fades out after saying lamb).  Mike says he's putting his life in Omar's hands, and Omar says that Mike sees him as his savior, and says that he wants to unleash his evil laugh.  Omar then says in a TH that their plan is fool proof.  We see a lot of him and Lindsey together in this preview, with Lindsey saying something like 'this is crazy.'  There's a quick shot of Romeo looking shocked and MaryAnne is standing there, so maybe she told him about her idol or whatever plan she threw at Jonathan.  Jonathan also said that they (I assume he means Taku) have to break up and not go any further together.

So based on that preview, it appears that the battle lines are:

Omar/Lindsay/Mike  (Two Orange and a Green)

vs.

Maryanne/Jonathan/Romeo  (Two Orange and a Blue)

There's two idols on the OLM side; one that everyone knows about and one that only those 3 know about.  And both expire this TC.

On the MJR side, there's an extra vote that the majority on both sides know about (which is also about to expire), but also the secret idol that only Maryanne knows about.

That's a pretty even match-up.

• Love 3
(edited)

My feeling is either Jonathan’s the target but wins immunity OR he loses and there’s a plan in place to blindside MaryAnne (who will be told they are voting Jonathan), and MaryAnne is either blindsided or turns the tables and plays her idol, voting one of the others out.  I do think Jonathan would have to win immunity to be safe, though, because Lindsey wants him gone pretty bad and probably wouldn’t want to take the risk that he goes on a winning streak if they keep him.  If Jonathan finds out that the others are after him, that could always have him turn on L/M/O.  Romeo seems more likely to side with MaryAnne over the others.  Omar seems pretty cocky in that preview, and I did wonder if him looking that he has Mike wrapped around his finger comes back to bite him.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Omar seems pretty cocky in that preview, and I did wonder if him looking that he has Mike wrapped around his finger comes back to bite him.  

…and we have all seen how easy it is to turn Mike against someone. 

• LOL 2
(edited)

Sneak peek #2: Mike and MaryAnne talk, and he tells her he wants Omar gone next.  MaryAnne is hesitant because she says she's been with Omar since day 1, but Mike tells her they've had an alliance since the merge-so how can he be with her and also working with him?  He tells her that he knows Omar is going after him, and says he'll come after her.  This is different than what we saw in the preview at the end of last week's episode, as this conversation happens after TC.

Sneak peek #1: Aftermath of TC.  Lindsey is happy to be there.  She talks about Drea blowing her KIP advantage, and is happy she now has the amulet advantage-turned-idol, which she plans on using (she has to use it at this TC).  She says it's a win-win kind of day for her.  We see a shot of Drea throwing Omar under the bus for betraying her, and a shot of a surprised looking jury.  In case your wondering, Omar has no regrets.  He wants to insert his evil laugh here for how well it went.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

Next week (finale week):

Lindsey is frantically looking for the HII, which I assume is the one MaryAnne already found.  And she may find out, except it could be fake, because Romeo got devious and made one.  

We see MaryAnne say Jonathan has to be the next to go.  Not much else beyond that.

• Love 3
On 5/18/2022 at 8:05 PM, LadyChatts said:

Lindsey is frantically looking for the HII,

I assumed that it was like S41's F5 scramble, where there's an challenge advantage hidden and they all have to solve a clue to find it.  Last season, it was related to the Game within the Game that we could play, and Erika was the one to find it.

12 hours ago, SVNBob said:

I assumed that it was like S41's F5 scramble, where there's an challenge advantage hidden and they all have to solve a clue to find it.  Last season, it was related to the Game within the Game that we could play, and Erika was the one to find it.

Yes, I forgot to correct my previous post about that.  Some posters on another site saw that Lindsey had a piece of paper in her hand when she was looking, which I missed the first time around.  Watching it back the paper is clearly there.  Since this season has pretty much followed all of the twists and turns of last season, I'm also assuming that's what it is.  Whether she finds it or it's successful for her is another story.  I thought her language 'if I don't find it I'm going home' was kind of odd for an advantage like that, but I guess Lindsey figures she needs every chance she's got.

Sneak peek #1 (not as much of a sneak peek as it is the final 5 castaways in various clips with voice overs about why they will win and to get out of their way).  Romeo believes he will have the Survivor tiara on his head at the end of it all and will be called Mr. Survivor.  He doesn't seem popular with his fellow castaways, but I like the guy.  I'd actually find it pretty hilarious if he won, since we've been subjected to Jonathan and Mike constantly talking about how awesome and threatening they are and everyone is out to get them.

https://youtu.be/7edWHFeqjnY

Sneak peek #2 (aftermath of TC.  Nothing super shattering here, just the final 5 arriving at their new camp in the dark and realizing they have nothing there.  MaryAnne doesn't seem to mind, she's still on cloud 9 after voting off Omar, or Omer, as she calls him.  Have I been pronouncing his name wrong this whole time?  Anyway, she hopes this took her up in the jury's estimation for pulling the move off, and for the first time in the game believes she might have a shot to win).

https://youtu.be/ptOFSk-tBBo

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

MaryAnne doesn't seem to mind, she's still on cloud 9 after voting off Omar, or Omer, as she calls him.  Have I been pronouncing his name wrong this whole time? 

I noticed a while ago that many of them call him that. I first noticed Jeff doing it. I think that might be how it's pronounced.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I noticed a while ago that many of them call him that. I first noticed Jeff doing it. I think that might be how it's pronounced.

I think everyone but Mike pronounces it “Omer” so I’m gonna assume that’s how he pronounces it. I would hope Jeff would be briefed on the correct pronunciation of everyone’s names. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Sneak peek #1 (not as much of a sneak peek as it is the final 5 castaways in various clips with voice overs about why they will win and to get out of their way).

All to the soundtrack of an epic remix of "Ancient Voices".   It was worth watching for that alone.

• Love 1