Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Masks Back -- The Good, The Bad & The Cuddly -- Round 1

• Start Topic

That was some drama tonight! I felt so bad for firefly (or whatever she was). Anyone have any idea who she might be?

Producers really need to start making these costumes more practical. One of these days someone is going to fall off the stage (because they can’t see), and maybe hurt themselves badly. Definitely a lawsuit waiting to happen. Poor Duff didn't know what to do when his ‘head’ fell off…saying “what do I do?” He immediately turned his back to the judges, but I have a suspicion someone in the audience saw him which is why he was voted off.

• Love 3

The audience (and even the judges) aren't that close, and at least for me, I maybe would have recognized that I had seen his face before but not known who he is. This season is starting off weird for sure. Maybe they should have some more time between seasons, give the costume people more time. 

It seemed odd to have a mostly male group, and to mix up the "theme" instead of having each category be its own group, since they've done A,B, and C groups before. That could be a side effect of The Incident though - I seem to remember seeing pictures of each group, and one of them had one less person. So maybe instead of making it obvious, they mixed up the groups each episode. It's early and I haven't finished my tea - you guys know what I mean, right?

• Love 2

At first I thought both dramatic moments were staged, but I guess the coughing fit was real. It's interesting that they decided to show it, since they could have just edited it out. i guess because they wanted the drama! I was watching on my DVR, so I could rewatch the moment when Duff's mask came off, and it totally looked like he did it on purpose. And he was definitely the worst singer, so I can see the show having him do it on purpose, since they knew he was going to get voted off anyway.

I wasn't too impressed with any of the singers, and I have no clues to who any of them are. I was offended on behalf of Ewan McGregor when Jenny thought the dog was him. lol Ewan has a much better voice.

• Love 1

I haven’t read any of the live thread or the posts here, but can anyone tell me if the person eliminated last night was the political figure rumored to be on the show. If yes, I’ll delete the ep and start watching next week. If no, I’ll watch and see if I can figure out who anyone is, though my track record for this show is fairly dismal. 

1 hour ago, Bookworm13 said:

I haven’t read any of the live thread or the posts here, but can anyone tell me if the person eliminated last night was the political figure rumored to be on the show. If yes, I’ll delete the ep and start watching next week. If no, I’ll watch and see if I can figure out who anyone is, though my track record for this show is fairly dismal. 

No, it wasn't him.

4 hours ago, Bookworm13 said:

I deleted the episode without watching because I thought it was that episode, but I just caught the end of the show & realized it wasn't that contestant. Now I'm just going to keep deleting episodes until that person is gone.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

No, it wasn't him.

Thank you. I’ll watch later. 

9 hours ago, GaT said:

I deleted the episode without watching because I thought it was that episode, but I just caught the end of the show & realized it wasn't that contestant. Now I'm just going to keep deleting episodes until that person is gone.

I caught part of a commercial after I had posted where Jenny says something along the lines of “Did he really just walk off set?”, so I’m thinking next week may be the episode. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Bookworm13 said:

Thank you. I’ll watch later. 

I caught part of a commercial after I had posted where Jenny says something along the lines of “Did he really just walk off set?”, so I’m thinking next week may be the episode. 

I’m sure Guy will be on there one of these days 

• Love 3

The costumes seem so much cheaper this time around.

And the editing is terrible. They showed Jenny's line about having dancer's legs 3 different times about 2 different people.

It's just so scripted. And the reactions are clearly edited into different performances and moments that you really can't trust anything.

Add in the stupid casting for controversy and I think I'm out.

Oh, and Ewan?! How the fuck did they guess that with a straight face. He wouldn't be caught dead with 100 miles of this show 

• Love 4
On 3/12/2022 at 7:37 PM, P2C2E said:

Oh, and Ewan?! How the fuck did they guess that with a straight face. He wouldn't be caught dead with 100 miles of this show 

Even if he did decide to do it for some dumb reason, have none of them ever heard him sing? He's got a fantastic voice and guessing him as McTerrier was an insult.

I thought the show was awful. Everything seemed ridiculously faked, the production values were far below previous seasons, the editing was terrible. I thought the head falling off and the singer coughing/choking were both fake, especially when the firefly was talking afterward and gave no good explanation for what was going on. Did she panic from the mask? Did she choke on her own spit? Did she suck in a piece of fuzz?

The whole episode seemed so lackluster. I don't know if I'll watch again. I also kind of missed the Golden Ear competition between the judges.

• Love 3
On 3/12/2022 at 7:37 PM, P2C2E said:

The costumes seem so much cheaper this time around.

I'm glad it wasn't just me.  This is probably the most overall uninspired group of costumes.   This show has always been a the top of the list when it comes to fake reality but they've gotten really bad this year.  There's no way the head just fell off.  They have those things attached securely to prevent just this occurrence.  So either either contrived bullshit to get an OMG! moment for cut to commercial of the wardrobe department is farther off its game than I thought.   

• Love 4