Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E15: Things Meant to Be Bent Not Broken

DanaK
  • Start Topic

03/09/2022 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : Dylan's cop instincts come to life when he suspects his patient may be a drug dealer. Will must decide how to spend his whistleblower settlement. Charles and Vanessa help a patient who believes she's infested with parasites. Crockett and Blake are paired with an arrogant surgeon.

Looks like Milenia has a guest spot next week too!!  For us Hightower fans, she is basically playing Renee 2.0.  Decent episode.  Torn about Will reconsidering the donation money.  I like that he didn't like being goaded into it, but it does seem sort of messed up that he profits from it.  Still on the fence about that................

Mixed bag with not too much OTT drama except for the surgeon that head butted Dr. Marcel. What's up with that asshole?

Kudos to Dr. Halstead for keeping the buck$. I'm sure he can use whatever amount he kept.

Hopefully he pocketed a cool $mil and donated the $200k.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, preeya said:

Kudos to Dr. Halstead for keeping the buck$. I'm sure he can use whatever amount he kept.

I think he has a high amount of students loans that he can pay off. So I think he made the right decision

Good stories tonight

• Love 7
1 hour ago, DanaK said:

I think he has a high amount of students loans that he can pay off. So I think he made the right decision

Good stories tonight

I was yelling at the TV for Will to keep the money. It was awful of the lawyer and the compliance guy to pressure him like that. 
What was with the heart transplant guy? He was such a douche. 
Dr. Charles is the best! 🥰  

I figured Milena was an undercover cop when that high-ranking officer showed up.

Good episode.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

I figured Milena was an undercover cop when that high-ranking officer showed up.

Same, except I also allowed for maybe a confidential informant

Regarding Dr. Charles’ patient with delusions, I though mental health medications took several weeks to kick in. Is there an anti-psychotic medication that only takes a few hours to start working or did the writers greatly stretch the truth as usual?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, preeya said:

Mixed bag with not too much OTT drama except for the surgeon that head butted Dr. Marcel. What's up with that asshole?

Hopefully he pocketed a cool $mil and donated the $200k.

I'm pretty sure that $1m will be significantly reduced once the taxman cometh.

The part that strains reality is that the whistleblower case was over so quickly.  In most cases alleging Medicare / Medicaid fraud, the whistleblower may wait up to a decade to see any money.  Also, in real life, if a whistleblower wants to get money, they contact an attorney.  Below is a VERY simplified explanation of the False Claims Act whistleblower process.

Whistleblower files a case under seal alleging fraud and serves it on the U.S. government.  The government decides whether to "intervene" in that case (essentially stand in the shoes of the whistleblower).  This has the highest likelihood of success.  There is A LOT of back and forth that usually takes several years at a minimum.  The government reaches a settlement agreement with the defendant.  The whistleblower gets a share of that amount -- usually 15 - 25%.  

If the government doesn't intervene or dismisses the case, the whistleblower has to pursue the case him / herself.  That is a much tougher hurdle b/c the individual (vs. the gov't) has to pay for and do all of the legal work.  Such a case is much less likely to be successful but the whistleblower can recover up to 30%.   

The gross recovery is taxable -- usually around 40%.  Some whistleblowers pocket quite a bit of money -- but it's a lengthy process.  

The idea that they would have the money by now is laughable.  But it's TV.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I was yelling at the TV for Will to keep the money. It was awful of the lawyer and the compliance guy to pressure him like that. 
What was with the heart transplant guy? He was such a douche. 
Dr. Charles is the best! 🥰  

I was kind of appalled, but not altogether surprised, that they actually pressured Will to give up the money. It was especially galling since the lawyer didn't want them pursuing the case in the first place. Will put in the most work and put himself into several compromisig situations. He deserved to get something for his trouble. If I were him, I'd take the money, pay off my loans, and go on my merry way for a long vacation.

For me, the most satisfying moment was finding out the woman with diverticulits had dumped her fiancé. Oh, as the heart doctor, WTF? You threaten to report someone for disciplinary action and in the next second, you're headbutting them? Buh-bye.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, mrsbagnet said:

Oh, as the heart doctor, WTF? You threaten to report someone for disciplinary action and in the next second, you're headbutting them? Buh-bye.

That was really weird.  And it's assault!  Yet no one seemed to be interested in doing anything about him.

• Love 2

Would agree with everyone that the heart surgeon was an a$$, but the guy had just left the OR, why didn't Marcel have his lackey surgeon call to get him back into the room?  Instead the lackey just said "you're not touching CT's field", and Marcel just said yes I am.  Without even trying to get the CT surgeon back into the room.  What gives?

The woman with the mites...of course it's a psychiatric diagnosis and of course it got better with medication given to her without her knowledge.  Nothing special at all about this story.  Other than to give Nora Dunn's character more screen time and I just don't really care to see anything develop with her and Charles.

When Milena and Scott realized they were both cops, why didn't she break cover and at least tell him?  Because he's no longer a cop, so she can't?  Looks like next week she does.  She was in deep cover if she's going to act all suspicious and clutching the bag when she lands in the ER and there's no one else around that she has to act for.

Knew that the fiancé was going to break it off.  The mother in law looked like an awful shrew and just scowled at Halstead when he came out to talk to the guy.

I'm still not so sure that Milena is on the up and up. Scott made a lot of assumptions and she never directly disabused him of his understanding. Is she deep undercover or something else entirely? She's an interesting character and her actor is both talented and easy on the eyes.

Regarding the heart surgeon.....I'd bet he used to be in a relationship w/the female transplant surgeon.  She probably broke it off, he's not over it, hence his attitude towards what he believes is his replacement.   Or he's just an arsehole.  🤣

• Love 1
3 hours ago, oftentimes said:

Regarding the heart surgeon.....I'd bet he used to be in a relationship w/the female transplant surgeon.  She probably broke it off, he's not over it, hence his attitude towards what he believes is his replacement.   Or he's just an arsehole.  🤣

My thought was that it could also be racism, he sees a Middle Eastern, he thinks Muslim Terrorist.  Happens at all levels.  My husband's doctor was called a slur at a gym, completely unprovoked.  I looked it up, a 'bogan' is defined as "an uncultured and unsophisticated person; a boorish and uncouth person" in the 2016 edition of the Australian National Dictionary

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, jabRI said:

I looked it up, a 'bogan' is defined as "an uncultured and unsophisticated person; a boorish and uncouth person" in the 2016 edition of the Australian National Dictionary

Also called a Queenslander <grin  ::ducks::>. I'd consider it Strian for redneck, but as mean-spirited.

20 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

I'm still not so sure that Milena is on the up and up. Scott made a lot of assumptions and she never directly disabused him of his understanding. Is she deep undercover or something else entirely? She's an interesting character and her actor is both talented and easy on the eyes.

Yeah she's gonna be a mysterious one. I wonder if she's supposed to a love interest for Scott. 

• Love 1

So when did did Dr Scott realize patient was a cop?  I didn’t figure it out until the end. 

Figure nutso surgeon is an ex bf.

Glad halstead kept the cash esp when he was pressured into being Jr Detective