Type keyword(s) to search

S42.E01: Feels Like a Rollercoaster LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Wow that was quick.

They shouldn't have let him come in the first place; he cost an alternate a spot this season. That's on the show mostly but he should have revealed that to them sooner.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

Wait.  So Jackson quits Lithium suddenly and THEY LET HIM COME ON THE SHOW ANYWAYS?

Nope, they’re pulling him. Shit, and he seemed like a good guy with lots of story potential.

• Love 3

Woah, MaryAnne was already crying before he said he was leaving.

I know this is a serious moment, but she is not going to do well under pressure in this game.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3

He could have taken the appropriate time to get off the medicine and played next year.  Instead, he cheated someone out of a spot and weakened his team before the first elimination.   Not cool.  

• Love 10
Just now, KaveDweller said:

If they knew before they started shooting, why let him even play? It didn't seem like anything major happened to force the decision, but maybe we didn't see something.

The whole thing seems fishy.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, iMonrey said:

OK calm down Maryanne, you've known him for one day

I can see she's going to be a lot.

She’s weird. I can’t blame her for that.

Probst handled that well . . . but he’s still Probst. They could have a reunion show, and he’d make Jackson walk out to “Lithium” by Nirvana . . . and I wouldn’t be that surprised.

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

If they knew before they started shooting, why let him even play? It didn't seem like anything major happened to force the decision, but maybe we didn't see something.

Seems like he only told them the day before they started shooting. Maybe they had to research before making a decision. Not cool on his part. 

Edited by Seelouis
  • Love 4

Sounds like he waited until the last possible second to tell them.  The show scrambled to figure out the ramifications.   Not wanting to have the first contestant death, they decided  to pull him. 

Dammit, what did they think the show would do?

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Nope, they’re pulling him. Shit, and he seemed like a good guy with lots of story potential.

No that’s what I meant.  Jeff said Jackson told them about the Lithium change just before they left, and the medical was concerned about it, but they let him come on anyways, which seems irresponsible on everyone’s part.

• Love 2

You have to be careful going off of an antidepressant. I was out of mine and didn't start taking it again right away when I got a refill, and I notice my heartbeat getting more and more irregular. That went away once I started taking it again. So going off your med just before you immerse yourself in a very physically and emotionally stressful situation is not a great idea.

How did we suddenly get to boats? Oh, this is a commercial, I think?? 

• Love 4

That was hard to watch. I feel bad for Jackson, and it was kinda sketchy the show let him on.

Maryanne is going to get annoying very fast. That wasn't about you.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, wallflower75 said:

Do I understand right—Jackson had been on lithium since 2016 and Survivor just found out about it right before they started the new season?  That seems odd to me.

No, the show just found out he had weened himself off it, but he had cut the timing too close for them to be sure it was all out of his system and have no medical repercussions.  

• Love 2

It’s so weird that The Challenge has a better system. “Well, Nam the German-Asian guy has to leave the game. Let’s bring in some putz from The Circle!”

You think Probst had to explain why he’s not saying “guys” this season? 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, wallflower75 said:

Do I understand right—Jackson had been on lithium since 2016 and Survivor just found out about it right before they started the new season?  That seems odd to me.

My tinfoil hat feels like they did this on purpose.  After the way this show has handled other scandals in the past, I don't trust them completely to have done this for the right reasons.

• Love 7

They really need to come up with some new challenges, they are all variations of the same thing. Row or swim, collect your puzzle pieces, unlock your lock, do your puzzle, blah blah blah. Just another opportunity for Probst to run his mouth.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
Just now, iMonrey said:

They really need to come up with some new challenges, they are all variations of the same thing. Row or swim, collect your puzzle pieces, unlock your lock, do your puzzle, blah blah blah. Just another opportunity for Probst to run his mouth.

Don't forget assemble a puzzle just to dig up a bag of balls to knock it down with.

• Love 2