Type keyword(s) to search

Gaslit Media: Woodward and Bernstein Checking In

• Start Topic

Gaslit is a modern take on Watergate that focuses on the untold stories and forgotten characters of the scandal – from Nixon’s bumbling and opportunistic subordinates to the deranged zealots aiding and abetting their crimes to the tragic whistleblowers who would eventually bring the whole rotten enterprise crashing down. The story will center on Martha Mitchell, A big personality with an even bigger mouth. Martha is a celebrity Arkansan socialite and wife to Nixon’s loyal Attorney General, John Mitchell. Despite her party affiliation, she’s the first person to publicly sound the alarm on Nixon’s involvement in Watergate, causing both the Presidency and her personal life to unravel.

• Love 1

I remember this back in the day.  It seemed so extreme a reaction to a wife’s defense of her husband.  And then much later the truth came out.  I loved that Kellyanne Conway’s daughter was deemed Trumps Martha Mitchell.

I watched the new Netflix documentary on this whole saga.  I must say the costumes were dead on.  Sean Penn’s make up was dead on.  The voices all seem to echo the right tone.  Not sure why the criticism because it was a good representation of what when on.  Interesting that the female journalist was not Helen Thomas but the actress is a dead ringer for her.

• Love 1