Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

AnimeMania

S01.E03: Bury The Lede

Recommended Posts

When a hostage’s life is threatened, Elena calls upon a popular news anchor, known as America’s most trusted man, to negotiate her release.

Original Airdate: Monday, March 7     10:00PM     NBC
103_the-endgame_photo01.jpg
103_the-endgame_photo07.jpg
103_the-endgame_photo04.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Agent Val is now going to hunt down Belok... before he can open The Ark

Share this post


Link to post

So we've got Russian good guys hunting down Ukrainian bad guys? I know they couldn't have predicted the real world timing but I wonder why they didn't just go in and overdub those to switch them around.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, dwmarch said:

So we've got Russian good guys hunting down Ukrainian bad guys? I know they couldn't have predicted the real world timing but I wonder why they didn't just go in and overdub those to switch them around.

The original ambush happened in Belarus. The Belok organization probably ordered it.

Share this post


Link to post

I continue to like this show despite its flaws.  You can nitpick it to death and probably drive a truck through plot holes but it is a fun distraction.   And right now I am enjoying the overall mystery.   And yeah it’s kinda weird having bad guy Ukrainians but on a show where nothing is what it seems I am giving if a pass for now.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post

Don't quite get what the point was of outing that prick of a newsman but fine.  How exactly does it play into Elena's end game?

Also, Sergei "taking care of it" leads me to believe that the guy who approached him in the courtyard is not long for the world.

I also want to know what's on the flash drive that Val's husband led her to and is she going to look at it or turn it over to Elena?

I also don't understand why during the failed op that Agent Anthony just didn't stay at the scene instead of going off with Val if he's so worried about this career.  Agent Doak continues to be a jerk.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm actually enjoying the jigsaw puzzle aspect of this show, despite some of the hamfisted acting.  It will be interesting to follow along to see where it goes.  However,

What FBI agent would carry their government ID on an undercover operation?  Not that it really matters, as Elena knows everything about everything.

So, all of New York has seen famous news anchor get arrested for murder.  Their reaction?  "Eh, who's on Survivor this season?"

Chekhov's book.  I like it.  Nice play on memes.  Nice nod to The Shawshank Redemption, too.

The parallels are becoming obvious.  Both highly intelligent women.  Both have husbands in jail, most likely wrongly.  Both have mothers killed by someone.

The FBI is dipping toward Ressler level of incompetence here. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

Don't quite get what the point was of outing that prick of a newsman but fine.  How exactly does it play into Elena's end game?

All three of Elena's targets were working together at the White House at the same time. This allows Val to realize that whatever Elena is drawing attention to happened 10 years ago and probably involves the criminal organization Belok.

Share this post


Link to post

Current POTUS must be a Belok stooge...

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

The FBI is dipping toward Ressler level of incompetence here. 

This FBI Director is also dirty somehow... but not a raging alcoholic like Cooper... Of course Doak is an idiot, because he was a weasel on Nikita

Doak is like LAPD Chief Dwayne T. Robinson - always a step behind Hans Gruber

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

All three of Elena's targets were working together at the White House at the same time. This allows Val to realize that whatever Elena is drawing attention to happened 10 years ago and probably involves the criminal organization Belok.

That makes sense.  Is this all working back to the attack on the church since I seem to recall at least one comment about the US/CIA being behind it?  That and the fact that Sergei is alive and in a max jail, okay, I can see this leading some where in Elena's scheme.  As for Belok, maybe she's trying to kill two birds with one stone.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, milkyaqua said:
20 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

All three of Elena's targets were working together at the White House at the same time. This allows Val to realize that whatever Elena is drawing attention to happened 10 years ago and probably involves the criminal organization Belok.

That makes sense.  Is this all working back to the attack on the church since I seem to recall at least one comment about the US/CIA being behind it?  That and the fact that Sergei is alive and in a max jail, okay, I can see this leading some where in Elena's scheme.  As for Belok, maybe she's trying to kill two birds with one stone.

That comment was probably mine, I think Belok is probably embedded in or protected by the U.S. Government or the FBI, or both. A nest of snakes, you have to keep chopping off heads until the whole pile stops moving. This is probably why it took 10 years of meticulous observation and planning, billions of dollars of illegal arms sales, and several seasons of a TV series to unravel. By then, everybody who is not corrupt should be helping Elena root out the bad apples in the organization. I prefer a TV series that is well written and well thought out, much better than one that is character or situationally driven. So I am very happy with the show, I see lots of things that might be improbable, but who is to say that Elena doesn't have her own people embedded in the FBI and government to steer outcomes. I am not really seeing any plotholes.

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

As for Belok, maybe she's trying to kill two birds with one stone.

Belok is not just a solitary man... but a criminal family / network. Hence, Val -as opposed to Elena- will do all the legal heavy lifting / arresting while Elena executes them later.  Because the Justice Dept is super corrupt / incompetent.

Share this post


Link to post

If you're supposed to be a dead criminal, and you're in prison where other criminals congregate, wouldn't it make sense to shave your head? Wear glasses? Something? 🤫

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

If you're supposed to be a dead criminal, and you're in prison where other criminals congregate, wouldn't it make sense to shave your head? Wear glasses? Something? 🤫

American accent make Sergei disappear!!!

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

7 banks ... 7 targets... Belok must be the big reveal...

Share this post


Link to post

Damn, how long were the hostages held without food and water?  And where this child Elena and Segey have?  And when did she find the time to have a child? She really is a comic book villain.   

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size