Type keyword(s) to search

The Courtship - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

So glad Chapman zoomed off in his van last episode so Nicole could refocus on her genuine connections without being blinded by hormones. This episode definitely refocused that aside from a momentary distraction by that rake Chapman, it was always Mr Bochachio for her since she chose him as the first date. I liked that her other selections were the best friend (Cones) and the safe choice (Judge) but of course she went with the one who captivated her from the start. I know most reality show couples don’t work out, and they have an extra challenge of being on completely different coasts, so it’s not like you can easily meet up on the weekends or anything. Unfortunately this show isn’t popular enough to make it to the tabloids to keep tabs on when the break up/move-in together/get married. The best part of the episode was the court falling all over themselves in excitement over Nicole and Danny getting engaged. That was a really sweet, emotional moment. I think Danny had always been the choice of the friend and sister.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 2
(edited)

"Unfortunately this show isn’t popular enough to make it to the tabloids to keep tabs on when the break up/move-in together/get married."

I subscribe to the Seattle Times. They almost always have a follow-up article when a local is featured in a reality/competition show, as soon as the finale has aired. So I have been watching for an update on Nicole. So far – crickets…

The newspaper did an interesting story about her when the season begin airing.  So, maybe the show's lack of success factors in.

BTW, Nicole's sister Mrs. Baker writes a food column for the Seattle Times. She occasionally referenced the show during the season, in a very general way. A "this is a really interesting dish I was introduced to while filming a show in England" sort of thing.

Edited by kirklandia
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

I agree it was a small show, but had a decent following on her social media and some news outlets.  I find it very strange there is no simple update.  People that follow her on insta are commenting on all of her new posts--when are you going to give the update you promised, we invested some time in supporting you and your show, etc.  And frankly she should just say we are together, we are not together, and move on.  It isn't being invasive for people to want to know that little bit since she did do a tv show about it and all....

• Love 3

He broke it off after a week.  Dayum.  And then I guess they stayed together a bit.  I do not understand her at all.  Except I do.  Smart women.  Dumb choices.  Her top two were men that made her feel unsettled and who she felt she had to chase.  

I do think it's weird that she had to wait to share an update.  It sounds like she had to wait until the show set up the interview--although part of me wondered if she felt a bit gunshy after she said yes to Danny B, was single, and then had to watch on social media as so many people ranted about what an awful choice she was making.  It's a lot to maybe feel stupid and played and then have a bunch of strangers confirm it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I feel bad for her. I knew it wasn't going to last because it was so obvious he wasn't that into her. I don't think he would've been into anyone that was the lead, he just seemed like he wanted to "win" and enjoy his trip to England. I liked him for exactly one episode and then started to see what kind of person he was and then hated him. I really wish she'd chosen Mr. Cones. He was sweet and funny and actually seemed like he'd at least try to make it work after the show.

• Love 3

I agree with most of the other posters here, I did not understand her choice of Danny B as the "One".  They did not seem to have much in common at all, he is an urban New Yorker, she is a West Coaster.  He did not seem into her & thats why he kept saying he "Liked her", he did not really Love her.  I liked Jesse, he seemed sweet & is very Handsome, and Mr. Cones just seemed like a friend who was fun to hang out with.  To me, Nicole came across as a "Silly Goose", altho, obviously, she is a very smart, college=educated, cosmopolitan young woman.   The best part of the show, for me, was her Family, her Parents were warm & adorable, her Sister seemed like the type to be a great person to hang out with.  Her  friend, Miss Cleary, is so cute she should be on some dating show. 

• Love 3