Type keyword(s) to search

The Courtship - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Mr Chapman says, “We we’re able to speak in long form.” Is that what the kids are calling it nowadays? Uh, perhaps not since Mr Cones’s response was, “I feel like you’re talking in code.” It is pretty scandalous if she slept with him when she has this many guys left. So much for “Regency rules”!

Oh, god! I thought Mr Judge or Ms Remy was going to knock their head on the corner of the concrete platform during their wrestling match.

Mr Kim has been heartbroken and devastated and unable to move on since his girlfriend changed her Facebook status to “in a relationship” with someone else when he was 18, so this should give him enough material to work with for the next decade. He’ll be able to add a whole new topic series to his confidence coaching! Ok, the wind-up shows you how little confidence he has, but he put on a pretty good front when standing up for himself with Ms Remy and Mr Chapman. Maybe there’s something to this confidence coaching of his, after all. Fake it till you make it! Though, doesn’t seem like this guy is making it. Methinks he needs some real therapy.

• Love 2

OK, I'm starting to get annoyed.  They added a new suitor and then at the end, no one went home?  Ugh.  

It's especially annoying because of that whole stupid cake thing.  There's a difference between making a lemon loaf (yum) and buying a cake to show someone up which was so producer driven that it feels like such a waste of time because there's no pretense of even trying to be genuine with that.

"I'm going to have another piece of cake."  I feel ya, Charlie. 

I'm going to need this show to speed things up.  

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

It's especially annoying because of that whole stupid cake thing.  There's a difference between making a lemon loaf (yum) and buying a cake to show someone up which was so producer driven that it feels like such a waste of time because there's no pretense of even trying to be genuine with that.

Mr. Nazaire busting up the loaf date annoyed me cause it was very rude. Reminded me of Mr. Bochicchio busting up the dinner party cause he wanted to talk to Nicole. I was also annoyed by how Nicole handled the situation and just left Mr. Mumbray there to rush off on that gin making date. Where did Mr. Nazaire gift all those presents? (/rhetorical) And how convenient that gin date was set up so quickly. 😐

Mr. Bochicchio is still on my lump of coal in his stocking list but I'll give him a point for doing better to get some 1:1 time with Nicole by not interrupting another event and sending her a letter to meet him privately to talk. 

Not my favorite ep even though some of the suitor reactions to Mr. Nazaire were amusing. That said, Mr. Nazaire is sus to me. I know Nicole finds him very sexy -and he is good looking- but I find him smarmy & I get a vibe he's there more for the competition than the lady. Nicole likes to be chased so I can see why Mr. Nazaire's aggressive pursuit thrills her. I'd be fine if he was next to exit cause I don't think Nicole needed another suitor and cause I think he's smarmy. 

• Love 3

It is starting to move too slow, and there really isn't a need for new men to come.  Realistically the originals all put a lot of time into this, and it seems like they should just go with them, and see if anything works out for Ms. Remy in the end.  

• Love 2
23 hours ago, alexa said:

It is starting to move too slow, and there really isn't a need for new men to come. 

Yep, the addition of this latest guy doesn't add anything; it just drags it out more.

If there's a guy Ms Remy prefers, the editing is hiding it well. It seems like she could be equally happy with any of them, providing they were committed to her. She's not finding out anything about them that would annoy her, like leaving the cap off the toothpaste, or peeing in the shower, or putting empty oj cartons back in the fridge, or owing 100 grand to FanDuel, or knocking back a 6 pack (or two) all by themselves every Saturday night....or if they already have girlfriends back home.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

If there's a guy Ms Remy prefers, the editing is hiding it well. It seems like she could be equally happy with any of them, providing they were committed to her.

IA that the editing is keeping it a guessing game but IMO the frontrunners are Mr. Judge, Mr. Bochicchio, and Mr. Chapman.  🗳 I am not finding things too slow overall but this episode didn't do much that was interesting. It was easily the weakest of the series to me.

Someone notified me recently that my vibe on Mr. Nazaire being smarmy & practiced has some support to it going off of him being on another reality show currently called Made in Chelsea:

So if Mr. Nazaire is only there because the producers thought it would stir up drama and excitement, then they failed cause the show was doing fine without adding someone else for no good reason. I hope he's the next to exit. 

Edited by Chick2Chic
added something.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

So it sounds like I’m not the only one who, when the host announced that there are 8 suitors left, I exclaimed at my TV, Oh, god! 7 more weeks of this?!? It’s crazy that she only lets one guy go each week and they keep adding new guys—the math is going in the wrong direction here! At some point she has to start whittling them down faster, right?! Or is this like one of those throwbacks when TV seasons were like 24 episodes?! Keep it moving, people! We’ve been conditioned to now expect a season to be a tight 8 or maybe 10 episodes tops.

• Love 1

Nicole whittled them down more quickly in the beginning with 2 per ep. I didn't mind the switch to 1 exit a week if it meant seeing more connections between Nicole & the dwindling remaining suitors being shown to viewers. I'm only getting a connection vibe for Nicoel with a few of the suitors, mainly Judge, Bochicchio, and Chapman. 

There seems to be a lot of stuff being left on the editing floor since the court seems to have favorites and the original suitors seemed to have bonded well. (the high fives and hugs at the farewell dance in ep 1x07 were amusing). I don't like the addition of a new suitor in Mr. Nazaire cause it was unnecessary and especially not under obviously false pretenses.

• Love 1

Why does Nicole consistently refer to the gentlemen as "the boys" during the farewell dance segments? It bugs me.

Still largely enjoying this fluff otherwise. :) 

• Love 1
On 4/23/2022 at 1:53 PM, Chick2Chic said:

Someone notified me recently that my vibe on Mr. Nazaire being smarmy & practiced has some support to it going off of him being on another reality show currently called Made in Chelsea:

He has been on a few reality TV show things, I believe.  Clearly he was recruited and was introduced as some kind of big get which is silly since basically no one in the US know who he is.

And I'm irritated she kept him.  He's not a serious contender.  He's just there to stir up trouble--but not really since he's basically acting like everyone else.  

I'll miss Charlie.  Yes.  It was more of a friend vibe but I still liked him and would have wanted to keep him around for his lemon loaf.

USA spoiled next week by showing a promo before the final segment with Chapman  looking to leave which mean we knew he wouldn't be leaving this week.  

So Cones is fluid?  I liked that conversation.  

I hate that Mr. Nazaire is still there. He should have been one of the suitors that exited tonight. Not only because he's pretentious and an obvious producer plant but also cause I don't really see any sparks between him & Nicole. Him giving that toast in French was pretentious and tired.

I liked Mr. Mumbray and Mr. Holland even though I knew they were not frontrunners. Disappointed to see them leave but not surprised. 

Good to see Mr. Cones open up about himself and his sexuality. I think he & Nicole have great convos as I recall their convo about the misogynoir dating issues in high school she suffered through but their vibe to me is still more platonic than romantic. They enjoy each other's company and I can see them being great friends after this is over but I don't think she romantically sparks with him any more than she did Mr. Holland and Mr. Mumbray. Time will tell, though. 

Mr. Chapman... I buy that he's developed feelings for Nicole and now he's scared / nervous due to them. Not surprising with his van life situation and his admitting in the ep a few times about his fears like in the convo with Dom. I don't think he's scared of the whole falling in love aspect but more the mandated proposal followed by rushing a white picket fence. I would like to think the show wouldn't spoil his exit a week in advance. Also, there's still that carousel date shown in a promo that they've not gone on so I feel like his exit next week is a fake out of some sort. At least I hope it is as I also caught the bungled timing of promo showing Nicole & Mr. Chapman talking before the farewell dancing started so who knows. 😬

Nice to see Mr. Hunter step up though he's not ready to spill all his secrets quickly. That's fair as not everyone is quick to talk about their emotions or intimate history.

Mama Remy is a sniper. Also, lol at Nicole mentioning the guys look like Elmer Fudd in their shooting outfits. 

This episode was definitely better than last week's episode re: the entertainment factor. 

I was glad to see both Mumbray and Holland leave. It was time for both of them to go. Both were way past their expiration dates. I hope she sends Nazaire home next. He gets on my nerves.

I thought Mr. Cones would break out of the friend zone at one point, but I was wrong. I think he's there to stay.

I think Danny B., Chapman, and Judge are Ms. Remy's top three. I just don't know in what order. Mr. Hunter may still be a dark horse, but IDK. The wonky editing on this show makes it kind of hard to understand the actual dynamics.

Edited by LydiaMoon1
  • Love 3

Most of these guys were recruited by producers. I'm guessing NIcole was too. They are all in it for a good time and some exposure - not true love.

I don't pick up on any real vibes between Nicole and any of them. Maybe she'll just go with the one whose company she'd enjoy the most when this thing is over. That might be Mr. Nazaire or maybe Mr. Hunter.

I think it would be kind of cool for this to end with friendship and not purported/forced/fake "love". It'd be more fitting to the show's vibe, too.

The marketing team kind screwed this up a bit, I think. It should have been pushed as light hearted fun - not the heavy drama of the Bachelor/ette shows. The show is pure camp and fluffy fun - which is why I like it. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 1

“Poor Kitty” 🤣🤣🤣 I’m dying. You know some PA is like what’s the dumbest thing we can get these idiots to do and make turn think this was a parlor game?! Ok, guys. I stand corrected! This was an actual game! 
https://janeaustensocietynz.wordpress.com/2018/10/23/regency-parlour-games/

Not so surprising that Mr Chapman doesn’t see marriage at the end of this. The bigger mystery to me is how he has funded a lifestyle where he’s traveled around in a van for two years. They say he’s a model, but is he more like a “van life” influencer and makes money that way? Otherwise I’m picturing as some grifter rolling into town, fleecing the townsfolk, and rolling on to the next town. But that’s more like a Flannery O’Conner story than a Jane Austen novel. 

Ooh! Another mystery… Mr Hunter mentions a woman he used to live with, but remains tight-lipped and on the verge of teary eyes.

Mr Cones says the love of his life might be her…or it might be a dude. Crossing my fingers it’s one of the dudes on this show! We need to spice things up around here! If only he ran off after Mr Mumbray’s carriage! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Mr. Chapman is doing the thing I hate in reality dating competitions in that's really working it to make the lead chase HIM with all the push/pull boloney.  I liked their chemistry but sleeping with her, and then suddenly saying he's not sure he's ready, to declaring that he's falling for her, to walking away to decide if he wants to be here then to saying he wants to stay...all crap.  And he's back at it in the previews. 

He's trying to couch it in "what if he can't commit" if they leave committed but come on.  This is a reality show.  Of course the odds are that they'll break up. 

And the other guy she seems super into, Danny B, kind of did the same thing but he's not quite as withdrawing. 

I like Nicole but oy, she has a bad picker.  I only like two of her final 5 and I think those two decent men are probably the lowest on her list. 

• Love 2
(edited)

They have a Festival of Strength in this week's episode. They should have gone full Festivus and had the Airing of Grievances too. 

Ms. Remy seems really into professional reality shit-stirrer Nazaire. I saw some clips of him on a British reality show romancing one of his female castmates. I hope to see him on Too Hot To Handle or F*Boy Island sometime in the next year.

Wow, Mr. Chapman just shot himself in the foot. After he talked his way into her bed in a previous episode he just told her he can't give up van life for her. I expect to see him on THTH or F*Boy Island too.

I can understand Mr. Hunter not wanting to air all his dirty laundry in front of tv cameras. She should have kept him and sent Chapman back to his van down by the river.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

I am not salty at Chapman's wobbling. I wish he'd get it together but things wouldn't have even gone down as they did if Nazaire hadn't told Nicole in order during their 1:1 to get Chapman out of the game. I think along with Bochicchio, Nazaire sees Chapman as his biggest competition when it comes to "winning." Nazaire has shown us already that he's weasely and that he's fine with sabotaging another suitor *waves to the recently departed Mumbray* If anyone has blinded Nicole with a love bomb, it's Nazaire cause I don't actually see why he's so high in her favor when he's only been there for such a short time. I can see why she likes and has kept the other 4 suitors but I'm at a loss with Nazaire (even with the shallow level that he's pretty... his ridiculous ego cancels that out AFAIC). Not to mention Nazaire being on Made in Chelsea currently chasing another woman.

I know Mrs. Remy was sad to see Mr. Hunter go cause that was her favorite but she knew it was coming. His not wanting to or not being able to open up was the death knell of his pursuit. 

Judge has kind of faded into the background which has been a surprise. I had Judge in my frontrunner pool with Chapman +  Bochicchio since his arrival but he's gone quiet and moved down to the B team for me. 

The spa date with Bochicchio lacked sparks to me despite the level of intimacy. They had a decent talk and all but it just left me meh watching them. 

I like Mr. Cones but he's so in the friend zone with Nicole IMO. I enjoy their relationship cause they're able to talk to each other so easily plus he makes Nicole laugh but I just do not see a whiff of romantic sparks between them. 

I wish the physical challenge had gone on longer as I appreciated that on a shallow level. I wouldn't have minded Mr. Edwards joining in on that challenge either. 😏

Edited by Chick2Chic
added something.
  • Love 2
(edited)

Of the guys that are left, I'll only be surprised if she picks Cones or Nazaire at the end; Cones because he's definitely friend-zoned and Nazaire because he's just moonlighting from the other show he's on so this relationship is obviously going nowhere. The other three are all plausible winners, although we haven't seen her spend as much time with Judge as she has with Chapman and Danny B. I think I'm rooting for Judge.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 2

I really wanted to like the show and watch it through the finale. I just got bored and left the episodes on the DVR. I popped in here to see who was eliminated but I don’t really care. I really enjoyed the first couple of episodes But I think the show lost its way.  No one wins here.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Kira53 said:

I really wanted to like the show and watch it through the finale. I just got bored and left the episodes on the DVR. I popped in here to see who was eliminated but I don’t really care. I really enjoyed the first couple of episodes But I think the show lost its way.  No one wins here.

I agree.  I half watch the episodes and still like the premise, location, costumes, etc.  But I can't really follow how she feels about any of them, and the ones she likes most are usually the least likely to care about her.  I am finding her flakier about the process and choices than I expected her to be.  So for that I am disappointed, but otherwise there are parts I enjoy.

• Love 2

I don't think Nicole has been flaky about the process. IMO she's been pretty consistent in both the process with what she wants and on her top suitor choices. If there are issues with the presentation of either, it's with the editing by producers. Like, I remember how her parents expressed how much they liked Mr. Castronovo and saw him as a strong pick for Nicole but viewers barely saw him with Nicole or the court nor got why her parents felt that way. Obviously there's a lot filmed that's being left on the cutting floor at the discretion of producers. I think it's clear who her top picks are as well. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

I don't think Nicole has been flaky about the process. IMO she's been pretty consistent in both the process with what she wants and on her top suitor choices. If there are issues with the presentation of either, it's with the editing by producers. Like, I remember how her parents expressed how much they liked Mr. Castronovo and saw him as a strong pick for Nicole but viewers barely saw him with Nicole or the court nor got why her parents felt that way. Obviously there's a lot filmed that's being left on the cutting floor at the discretion of producers. I think it's clear who her top picks are as well. 

For me it isn't about not knowing who her top picks are, but more about how she comes to certain decisions and the men she chooses in certain situations.  But if you are good with it all, I am happy for you!  lol.  I just personally haven't enjoyed watching some of the decisions she has made, etc, but it is her game to play so whatever she wants to do....

• Love 2
On 5/6/2022 at 5:02 PM, alexa said:

For me it isn't about not knowing who her top picks are, but more about how she comes to certain decisions and the men she chooses in certain situations.  But if you are good with it all, I am happy for you!  lol.  I just personally haven't enjoyed watching some of the decisions she has made, etc, but it is her game to play so whatever she wants to do....

I’m with you. I am no stranger to reality dating TV shows—this is my favorite niche genre! But while we’re used to seeing this kind of dynamic of falling in love with and possibly getting engaged to multiple people on shows like The Bachelorette, I feel like Ms Remy is doing it backwards by trying to get the guys she likes to lock down a promise of a proposal before anyone has even expressed any feelings of love. She done Mr Bochachio dirty the way she forced him into agreeing to a proposal by saying how much she cares about him—and then all that was TOTALLY thrown out the window with the histrionics over Mr Chapman!! Poor Mr Bochachio looked heartbroken on that balcony. She had basically told him it’s me and you—I can’t wait for our life and marriage, got him picturing our life together…and meanwhile Nicole is over here like, “Taxi, follow that van!!” I feel like she’s manipulating their emotions too much. Again, I know all about how these shows they try to compartmentalize the relationships, but she’s been focused on getting practically every guy to commit to a proposal as if that’s part is more important than the relationship she has with them or who they are as a person. And she’s been doing all this WAY too early in the process! You should only be talking like this when there are 3-4 left, and she’s been all about the proposal since day 1. Meanwhile that host never even told us whether this show is “supposed to” end in a proposal, like they do on the Bachelor franchise. And you’re right in general that these guys she’s choosing—oof! She’s still all caught up in the draw of the drama and the bad boys. Mr Hunter was distant—but he didn’t offer any of the drama. If only he had been a bit more expressive how i can change for you (like Mr Chapman), she would have kept him. Is that a good decision? No, but she totally would have.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I’m with you. I am no stranger to reality dating TV shows—this is my favorite niche genre! But while we’re used to seeing this kind of dynamic of falling in love with and possibly getting engaged to multiple people on shows like The Bachelorette, I feel like Ms Remy is doing it backwards by trying to get the guys she likes to lock down a promise of a proposal before anyone has even expressed any feelings of love. She done Mr Bochachio dirty the way she forced him into agreeing to a proposal by saying how much she cares about him—and then all that was TOTALLY thrown out the window with the histrionics over Mr Chapman!! Poor Mr Bochachio looked heartbroken on that balcony. She had basically told him it’s me and you—I can’t wait for our life and marriage, got him picturing our life together…and meanwhile Nicole is over here like, “Taxi, follow that van!!” I feel like she’s manipulating their emotions too much. Again, I know all about how these shows they try to compartmentalize the relationships, but she’s been focused on getting practically every guy to commit to a proposal as if that’s part is more important than the relationship she has with them or who they are as a person. And she’s been doing all this WAY too early in the process! You should only be talking like this when there are 3-4 left, and she’s been all about the proposal since day 1. Meanwhile that host never even told us whether this show is “supposed to” end in a proposal, like they do on the Bachelor franchise. And you’re right in general that these guys she’s choosing—oof! She’s still all caught up in the draw of the drama and the bad boys. Mr Hunter was distant—but he didn’t offer any of the drama. If only he had been a bit more expressive how i can change for you (like Mr Chapman), she would have kept him. Is that a good decision? No, but she totally would have.

You summed it up very well!

• Love 4
On 5/5/2022 at 8:32 AM, Door County Cherry said:

I like Nicole but oy, she has a bad picker.  I only like two of her final 5 and I think those two decent men are probably the lowest on her lst. 

She really is terrible, and her "aides" aren't much better. Mr Bochachio should have been gone after he interrupted dinner, and if I had been Nicole, I would have picked up Mr Nazaire's "cake" and thrown it on the floor rather than rewarding him (who  pegged as Fake-ity McFake from the get-go) with a date.  And Mr. Chapman needs to go too.  "You broke my heart but, meh, no big deal!"  Boooo!

• Love 4
On 5/8/2022 at 9:19 AM, JenE4 said:

She’s still all caught up in the draw of the drama and the bad boys.

I think Nicole is caught up in who she feels the most chemistry with and those who are left are the ones I think have been obvious she's been feeling from the beginning*. I don't agree with all of her choices if it were for me but for her? She's choosing who floats her boat

I'm still mostly fine with the presentation of things. I do think she's been a little too pressed on the proposal part instead of just getting a relationship out of it. I also think there's a lot of weird editing that cuts out more things that we should be seeing. I'm good with Nicole (she's always going to get my support as a Black women lead), I enjoy the court especially her parents though I did wonder where Mr. Edwards went for the longest time as he seemed much more present in the first few eps. 

I don't feel badly for Mr. Bochicchio that Nicole kept Mr. Chapman... I've been meh on him since he interrupted that formal dinner. (and if he apologized to anyone, I don't recall it being shown or discussed). Bochicchio is not there to make friends in his pursuit of Nicole, which he is proud of and has admitted to several times. 🤷🏼‍♀️ His face cracked over Mr. Chapman not being dismissed cause he considers Chapman his biggest competition so his staying pushes Bochicchio to the side. IMO he hoped that the regency spa date put him in first place and that moment showed it did not. 

*Nazaire is obviously a producer plant that I hope leaves in ep 1x10 cause he's not adding anything. I also think Cones is the BFF who makes her feel good that she enjoys so that's why he's around but he's not a romantic frontrunner for her. 

• Love 1

Me at the beginning of the episode: Oh look at Nicole with Mr. Judge and the tea leaves reader.  She's looking cozier with him than she did with the other guys in the same situation.  Maybe she's opening herself to the possibility of other people.

Me at the end of the episode:  

Season 6 What GIF by Paramount+

Nicole, Nicole, Nicole.  She's all on Twitter saying how hard it is to watch the episode since she didn't know, at the time, what he was saying behind her back.  It's true that what he is saying is worse, he still has given her ample opportunity to be cautious but no, she's jumping into bed with him again.  And that's okay if she wants him but I think she's fooling herself into believing she's building a future with him.  And as long as she think that, she's cutting herself off from other possibilities.

I had to laugh at the family conversations about race.  So not a subject that can be covered in 30 seconds or less without coming off as very awkward. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Boy, I took something completely different from the tea leaf reading for Mr. Chapman. Nicole, if someone tells you she only sees half a heart, that's YOUR heart, alone. He's not invested at all.

The tea leaf reading was dead on for Mr. Cones; they won't be a couple, but he'd make her happy if they were.

She seems to only want the ones playing hard-to-get. And she doesn't know the meaning of the word "chivalry".

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 5
(edited)
19 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

Boy, I took something completely different from the tea leaf reading for Mr. Chapman. Nicole, if someone tells you she only sees half a heart, that's YOUR heart, alone. He's not invested at all.

The tea leaf reading was dead on for Mr. Cones; they won't be a couple, but he'd make her happy if they were.

She seems to only want the ones playing hard-to-get. And she doesn't know the meaning of the word "chivalry".

The producers obviously told the tea-leaf reader what to say about each guy! Ms Remy was totally just hearing what she wanted to hear about Mr Chapman! She was sitting there staring at him with a goofy lovelorn grin, and the psychic, the viewers at home, and even Mr Chapman himself were all Oh, damn! Mr Chapman is getting dead-ass roasted! But she’s all Our half hearts make a whole heart! Girl, no. And then she lets him into her bed again?!? Not shaming her for getting some—but it’s disrespectful to the other guys “putting their hearts out there” or whatever. Didn’t the other guys all figure out last time when he spent the night with her?! I think maybe they tried to convince themselves that it was innocent. But after he comes moseying into the “gentlemen’s parlor” for a second morning, I hope the guys will stand up and hail a carriage to get them the hell out of there. 

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 4

If I was Mr. Judge I'd have called an Uber and trundled my buns out of there after the ball where she told him he was a "sure thing" but she wanted excitement. Be careful what you ask for, Nicole. I'm not sure you really want the kind of excitement you'll get from waiting around for Chapman to call you back, and then realizing he's ghosting you.

• Love 4
On 5/6/2022 at 10:41 AM, Chick2Chic said:

As the lead on a "reality" show, she has to manage the story. She's smart, and I think she has things pretty well mapped out to move the story along. Production likely helps but she knows the drill.

Oh goodness "post nut clarity?" I can't remember the last time something so crass was said on one of these dating shows.  Glad he's finally gone and she didn't give him a hug goodbye. 

But goodness that she kept him so long. 

I also don't think I've ever had a lead make me shake my head as much as Nicole.  After her second night with Chapman, she's telling Danny she's in love with him?  And all she gets back is "I really like you." It's not that I necessarily blame him for holding back considering she spent the previous night with another man but it's so much cringe.  Sleeping with a man who is telling everyone else that fucking you made him realize you could only be a fling.  And then declaring yourself to another man who is like "yeah, I dunno."

Then there's Christian who is supportive, non-judgmental other than he hates to see her giving her energy towards Lincoln instead of a guy who wants her, and all in but clearly in the friend zone for her.  

And Jesse, who I think she likes but not to the extent to the two men who make her life drama and are unsure of whether or not they could propose. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Mr Chapman is like, I just needed to sleep with you one more time to figure out whether I can ever see myself falling in love with you, and I swear I was just about to tell you that, nope, I’ll never love you. Really? It’s a good thing Mr Cones wrote that note before he spent a third night with her. And Ms Remy is trying to get Mr Bochachio to proclaim his love when she knows that he knows that Mr Chapman has fucked her twice! If you were really in love with Mr Bochachio—and have been for a long time—then you wouldn’t have spent the night with Mr Chapman twice. Or, at the very least, fuck Mr Bochachio, too, so he at least feels like he’s on even playing grounds with Mr Chapman and not just the consolation prize when Mr Chapman leaves you in the dust of his van tires squealing away.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 5

The last two or three episodes really reminded me why I don't watch shows like The Bachelor/Bachelorette, etc.  First, I find the premise of being engaged and/or married by the end of this pressure cooker, short time frame a bit ridiculous.  But, I also know that it's not like they're really obligated to marry and that often the relationships don't work out so I don't focus on that much.  I'm not against short "courtships".  My husband and I got married after 5 months and we're still married 30 years later.  

The only reason I started this show was the Regency premise with the clothes, etc.  I thought more of the customs and etiquette from the era would be followed as well.  I wasn't expecting the participants to all talk and behave like they actually were in the Regency era, but to allow some of the down-right rude behavior (interrupting conversations, interrupting dinner, just... interrupting, I guess) to be rewarded just encouraged that behavior.

Anyway, I feel bad for the guys remaining if they truly have feelings.  I feel the most badly for Danny B.  You can see him shut down and I can't blame him at all!!  He KNOWS she's sleeping with Mr. Chapman and then she says stuff like "I've been in love with you for a long time".  I'm not shaming Nicole for having sex.  Whatever.  She can do what she wants.  I just don't see how any of the remaining three guys are going to actually be all in after all of that.  My feelings would be tremendously hurt if I were in the same situation and I'd have a real hard time trusting the person saying they supposedly love me.  

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Whimsy said:

Anyway, I feel bad for the guys remaining if they truly have feelings.  I feel the most badly for Danny B.  You can see him shut down and I can't blame him at all!!  He KNOWS she's sleeping with Mr. Chapman and then she says stuff like "I've been in love with you for a long time".  I'm not shaming Nicole for having sex.  Whatever.  She can do what she wants.  I just don't see how any of the remaining three guys are going to actually be all in after all of that.  My feelings would be tremendously hurt if I were in the same situation and I'd have a real hard time trusting the person saying they supposedly love me.  

The idea that he's getting sloppy seconds must kill "the thrill of victory" for the last man standing. Even if all she did was cuddle with Chapman, she never said no to sharing a bed with him. She never got that close with any of the other guys. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Mr Chapman is like, I just needed to sleep with you one more time to figure out whether I can ever see myself falling in love with you, and I swear I was just about to tell you that, nope, I’ll never love you. Really? It’s a good thing Mr Cones wrote that note before he spent a third night with her. And Ms Remy is trying to get Mr Bochachio to proclaim his love when she knows that he knows that Mr Chapman has fucked her twice! If you were really in love with Mr Bochachio—and have been for a long time—then you wouldn’t have spent the night with Mr Chapman twice. Or, at the very least, fuck Mr Bochachio, too, so he at least feels like he’s on even playing grounds with Mr Chapman and not just the consolation prize when Mr Chapman leaves you in the dust of his van tires squealing away.

It really was just a mess, and I don't excuse Mr. Chapman, as he is a creep, but I also think it is just not smart for these leads to sleep with anyone until you have a better idea of who you like, what type of person they are, etc.  It ruins the process for everyone because of course the rest of the guys that liked you now doubt you quite a bit.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, NeenerNeener said:

The idea that he's getting sloppy seconds must kill "the thrill of victory" for the last man standing. Even if all she did was cuddle with Chapman, she never said no to sharing a bed with him. She never got that close with any of the other guys. 

I don’t think it’s about sloppy seconds. She just sounds so disingenuous. It’s hard to be all in when her words say one thing and her actions something else. Also, they made it pretty clear it wasn’t just “cuddling”. 

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Whimsy said:

they made it pretty clear it wasn’t just “cuddling”. 

According to her the first visit was. She told her friend on camera that they just talked all night. She might have been lying; we'll never know.

From Mr. Chapman’s comments, it sounds as if the first night was just talking and that he needed to actually “sleep” with her to know for sure she wasn’t “the one”.  Cad.  He knew she wasn’t and just  wanted another notch on his belt.  I hope women everywhere saw him and avoid him like the plague from this day forward.

I do think Ms. Remy was all in on Mr. Chapman, despite her pronouncement of ‘love’ for Mr. B.  She was sure Mr. Chapman was ready to settle down and heard just what she wanted to hear to confirm her narrative—that they would drive off into the sunset together in his van and then he would sell the van and come and work in the family business.

She may pick someone in the end, but I doubt it will last.

• Love 5
On 5/23/2022 at 11:36 PM, Real4real said:

She may pick someone in the end, but I doubt it will last.

The couples who meet this way rarely last, I think mainly because all the participants just wanted to be on tv. 

Two more episodes to go....

On 5/20/2022 at 7:28 AM, Whimsy said:

I just don't see how any of the remaining three guys are going to actually be all in after all of that.  My feelings would be tremendously hurt if I were in the same situation and I'd have a real hard time trusting the person saying they supposedly love me.  

Dating these days is not exclusive until you're exclusive.  Apparently.  But Nicole indicated on Twitter that she also spent some bed time with Danny. I don't know if they had sex but it was left on the cutting room floor.

Ultimately, this was a long, drawn out and kind of faker than usual. I think I would've liked to see her as The Bachelorette because she seems smart, accomplished, has a lot of charisma and has no poker face. Her jaw would drop in the face of hot guys.  She likes messy and has the worst picker. 

The winner feels anti-climatic.  The previews gave it away with "it was always you."  I am pretty sure Danny B was her first date and she basically went for him that first date.  Between this as Better Call Saul--not my week for TV. 

I guess they're still together so good for them I guess.  This is my favorite tweet of the night.

• Love 3
(edited)

I can only find 1 episode on my Directv Stream dvr and also on demand on Peacock. I've just started watching....she went for Danny B, right? She wouldn't join a club that would have her as a member....that's why she was so fascinated with the guys who couldn't/wouldn't commit.

I'm going to miss the snarky voiceovers.

Just FFed through a lot of the second hour. Yeah, she picked Danny B. I wonder what she would have done if Chapman had been willing to give up his wandering ways for her and she had to pick between him and Danny B at the end instead.

Edited by NeenerNeener

I do think it was clear she was more into Danny B, but I loved that Mr Judge gave her something to consider near the end.  She was starting to swoon quite a bit more with him than she had before.  

• Love 1