Type keyword(s) to search

The Courtship - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The Bachelor meets Bridgerton

Ms. Nicole Remy, a woman tired of modern dating, is transported to Regency era England in the hope of finding love; at a 19th century English castle, 16 eligible suitors arrive to attempt to win Ms. Remy's heart and the approval of her trusted court. 

• Love 1

I was waiting for this to forum to drop! 

I absolutely loath the Bachelor/Bachelorette franchises, but as soon as I saw a castle, hot folk in Regency attire, and that it centered a Black woman, they had me! Damn my love for costume dramas set in the ye olde timey! 

I only got to watch a few minutes cuz my daughter wanted to watch anime, but I was impressed that her family and friends will be there to help her choose *cough* spark drama *cough*. These are the people that know her best, so hopefully they will actually be helpful in  weeding out douchey dudes. And, I will be honest, just like with the Gilded Age and Bridgerton, it made me very happy to see POC  dressed in period styles. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, rollacoaster said:

I absolutely loath the Bachelor/Bachelorette franchises, but as soon as I saw a castle, hot folk in Regency attire, and that it centered a Black woman, they had me! Damn my love for costume dramas set in the ye olde timey! 

My sentiments exactly!!  I have not watched more than 1 season of the Bachelor shows and that was maybe season 2.  

I appreciated that a lot of the guys put in the effort to stay in the Regency era, even if the way they talked was modern.  

I like that Nicole (Ms. Remy) got to have her parents, sister and BF there.  The chevron said Mrs. Baker.  I thought that I heard them say Ms. Baker at one point.  I would assume she's married, based on the "Mrs".  

The women are all so pretty.  Nicole is stunning, but so is her BF.  I wouldn't be surprised if some of the guys flirted with her, even if they didn't show it. 

The Dr. was super creepy.  I'm glad Nicole didn't let him talk his way into staying.  I don't like the Fabio look-alike much better, but at least he doesn't give off stalker vibes.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 3/7/2022 at 11:43 AM, meatball77 said:

Those outfits make all the men look super hot.

The dancing elimination was great.  Loved the fashion, it was fun.

I like this show because it pretty much acknowledges that this is all for fun. While "love" is the purported objective, I think "fun" and TV exposure are the real objectives. Let's call these shows what they are. The Courtship accomplishes both.

So far, so good. Love the entire "court" as well as the "host". FUN.

P.S. I want a mom and dad like Mr. and Mrs. Remy.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4
On 3/7/2022 at 9:27 AM, Whimsy said:

The Dr. was super creepy.  I'm glad Nicole didn't let him talk his way into staying.  I don't like the Fabio look-alike much better, but at least he doesn't give off stalker vibes.

True. There was something seriously wrong with that doctor. I also really disliked Fabio. He's not as hot as he thinks and, let's be real, he's a "personal trainer". Isn't that reality code for underemployed?  Glad she got rid of the Content Creator too, because that's just code for UNemployed.

Personally, I'm waiting for the dating show where the women can eliminate all of the personal trainers, online fitness coaches, content creators, actors, and models right up front. Of course, if they did that for this show there would hardly be anyone left. And former Air Force Captain Kim's bio describes his profession as a Confidence Coach For Men? WTF is that???

Lawd! They are doing my girl so dirty. 95% of these dudes are broke bums.

Edited by LydiaMoon1
  • LOL 5

It is nice having the parents involved, thus the increased conversation. It is also nice that so far they are actually talking about normal things.  The rowing and picnic was fun…

• Love 1

So here's my assessment of Episode 2:

Miss Remy looked even more beautiful this episode than in the pilot. I loved her dresses so, so much. That lavender and lime outfit she wore at the picnic was fab-u-lous. I never would have put that color combination together but, man, it worked. I loved all her of the outfits though, as well as the outfits for the rest of her family and the men. The clothes are the best part of this show.

The last dance eliminations:

1. Mr. Luxe-That hairstyle alone was reason enough to eliminate him. Not sad one bit to see him go.
  2. Mr. Kessler, or, as I call him, if background noise was a person. Just saw an interview with him where he said he was back home in Florida living with his parents now. No surprise there.

As for the remaining contenders:

• I continue to like Mr. Bochicchio
  • I like Mr. Hunter
  • I like the Teacher
  • Don't like Fabio-When he decided to "impress" her parents by taking off his shirt, I rolled my eyes. Like, boy, nobody asked you for a 3some. Put your midriff away! Idiot.
  • Can't stand that singer, and I'm using the word "singer" loosely. Every time he starts that one-note warbling, I want to punch him in the throat.
  • Mr. Chapman reminds me of Ron Perlman from his Beauty and the Beast days. I don't like or dislike him yet. Ms. Remy seems to like him though. He seems a little intense.
  • There's that English(?)/Irish (?) fellow that was spared elimination. I keep thinking that if they put him in a green outfit and top hat, he'll look like a wee little leprechaun.
  • I like Mr. Cones.....as a friend. He'll probably make a decent husband for somebody someday, just not Miss Remy. I don't mind her keeping him around a little longer though. He's kinda fun.
  • Mr. King-Sad story about his mother and brother. Seems like a nice enough guy. Also, seems like a pity date.
  • Lastly, there's Captain Kim. Mr. Confidence Coach didn't seem too confident there at the end. Maybe he needs to coach himself.

So far, I think the show's host is the most attractive man on the show. Too bad he's already taken.

ETA: Oh, I almost forgot the guy with the beard, although I don't feel strongly about him one way or another. I don't find him objectionable though. I guess that's something.

Edited by LydiaMoon1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, LydiaMoon1 said:

So far, I think the show's host is the most attractive man on the show. Too bad he's already taken.

Ha. I was wondering.   Wouldn't that be the plot twist?

Lastly, there's Captain Kim. Mr. Confidence Coach didn't seem too confident there at the end. Maybe he needs to coach himself.

I couldn't understand if he went to a relationship/confidence coach or was one.  And then his story of how he got his heart broken at 18 seemed off.  It was his high school girlfriend he had since 5th grade?  That's not high school.   And he learned he was broken up with when she updated her FB status to being in a relationship with her ex.  Was the ex her 4th grade boyfriend?

• LOL 3
6 minutes ago, Door County Cherry said:

Lastly, there's Captain Kim. Mr. Confidence Coach didn't seem too confident there at the end. Maybe he needs to coach himself.

I couldn't understand if he went to a relationship/confidence coach or was one.  And then his story of how he got his heart broken at 18 seemed off.  It was his high school girlfriend he had since 5th grade?  That's not high school.   And he learned he was broken up with when she updated her FB status to being in a relationship with her ex.  Was the ex her 4th grade boyfriend?

Yeah, his heartbreak story didn't make a bit of sense. Besides, he's old enough to have gotten over his high school (or was it middle school(?)) drama by now. Come on, grown man. Blaming your inability to maintain healthy relationships on some poor little middle school girl doesn't come close to explaining your epic levels of pathetic.

• Love 1

So many guys tried way too hard with the rowing. First the guy who took off his shirt. 🙄 Then three guys tried to serenade them with "Row, Row, Row Your Boat"! Why wouldn't you at least pick a love song for the serenade? Then when the singing didn't work, they all jumped into the water. Why would that impress her? Stupid gimmicks. They should have waited until they were on land again to try to speak to her (or the family) during the picnic.

My understanding of Captain Kim's story, is that he was friends with the girl since 5th grade, but they only started dating in high school. For him it felt super serious because he'd known her so long, but apparently she moved on from him to somebody else.

Edited by Cress
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, junemeatcleaver said:

The Courtship flopped big time.

The show pulled in slightly fewer than 600,000 viewers.  Will NBC stick with it or burn it off on Peacock?

Sunday nights are hard, and I don't think many people knew about it.  I didn't know until 5 minutes before it was on.  I think it would have done better in a different timeslot and with more advertising.  Just my guess.  But I really like it... 

• Love 3

I didn't realize this had started already, and it was on network television. Three cheers for Peacock so I can catch up! I needed something to fill in the gap left by Joe Millionaire and Love is Blind, and to kill time until Bridgerton comes back. This will do nicely.

It cracks me up to hear Billie Eilish and Journey played as waltz music.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 3

When I checked Peacock, it said it was Peacock Premium. You can't watch it for free. It's really bugging me how much content they're putting behind the paywall. I would have thought they would only do this with popular shows, not shows with low ratings.

• Love 1

I don't know about Peacock, but on my cable schedule I can see the next couple of episodes showing up on USA. Airing 12 AM on Thursdays.

Sorry about the double images. I gave up trying to edit out the duplicate.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by kirklandia
  • Love 1

Wow, they really buried this. Midnights on USA network, yikes! I still have Directv Stream, tho, with its limited dvr capability, so I'm all set. 

And I'm mad at Netflix for jacking their prices up right before Bridgerton starts. How rude.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • LOL 1
21 hours ago, kirklandia said:

I don't know about Peacock, but on my cable schedule I can see the next couple of episodes showing up on USA. Airing 12 AM on Thursdays.

Not Tuesdays, Wednesdays (or Thursdays if you live on the East Coast). Next week it'll air an hour earlier.  USA is catching up to what has already aired. Still a bury but not quite as much.

On 3/7/2022 at 7:27 AM, Whimsy said:

The women are all so pretty.  Nicole is stunning, but so is her BF.  I wouldn't be surprised if some of the guys flirted with her, even if they didn't show it. 

You nailed it.

On 3/14/2022 at 10:09 AM, LydiaMoon1 said:

The clothes are the best part of this show.

Agreed! Absolutely loving the costuming. 

Also agree with @Jextella that this is all about the fun. :) 

Edited by bref
  • Love 2

I just found this and am watching episode 1 now. My first impressions are how did they convince this woman’s father to go along with this?! I can see the mom/sister/friend all thinking it’s a hoot to dress up in the regency clothes and may have had a Jane Austen et al period in their teen years, as many girls do. And of course the suitors are all just here for the fame and exposure (looking at you models and self-proclaimed singers), but I can’t imagine any dad of any person I’ve ever known agreeing to this! I mean, I’m sure somewhere there’s a dad who’s an English literature teacher who might think this is a fun idea—but I personally don’t know any. (Please, if anyone has a dad that they could see doing this, correct me!)

I don’t like that this host is wearing clothes that are out of the era. I mean, he’s wearing a basic tuxedo, which the characters on Downton Abbey (~1920) lost their damn minds when some other characters started wearing a tuxedo instead of white tie and tails for dinner (which was required every-night attire).

I wish there were some explanation for the animal pins that the guys are wearing. Is this supposed to be like their “family crest” (even though it’s not a crest)? Were the wax seals of their letters pressed with corresponding animals? Maybe since they’re dressed alike it’s just to give them some individual pizzazz? At first I thought it was going to be like a Flavor of Love kind of situation: You’re Mr Unicorn, the elusive perfect man; you’re Mr Bee because my court is buzzing about how amazing you are; you’re Mr Lion because you’re the king of this jungle. Alas, there doesn’t appear to be a reason at least in episode 1.

I literally have no comments on any of these men yet! Other than maybe I’m surprised she didn’t select for the date the guy with the cologne-soaked letter that talked about Tums and belly rubbing. The court was practically like, girl, he will soothe your IBS (maybe they were implying, I don’t know), and they seemed to have a good 1:1 talk on the balcony. I thought there was more of a spark with him than the guy she ended up kissing under the fireworks. I can’t remember their last names—if they went by the animal pins I might have had better luck here.

I am immediately obsessed with this strings version of “Fade into You”!!!!  How do I get this on a playlist? I need this song in my life on a regular basis! Okay, I am super impressed that these people are able to talk during their complicated dances. They really did a lot of advance prep and practice for this show…despite my dubiousness over the host saying that they’ve been practicing their calligraphy and we just saw standard script penmanship.

Ok, I didn’t like this doctor in the final two, but he was winning me over with the 7 years/7 days Austen quote, but then he pulls out a New Agey crystal?! He should have found something more period-appropriate if he was going to go the bribery route. I did not like that he wasn’t taking her no for an answer—boy, bye! I also don’t like this surfer dude. These would be the two that I would’ve sent home.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 1

Episode 2: Capt Kim got dumped at 18 via DM and that gave him enough relationship experience to be a confidence coach—whatever the hell that is?!? Is this a step up or a step down from life coach? I guess down because it’s only one personality aspect? I’m certain that every single one of these guys is an “influencer” of some sort and was recruited based solely on their online personas.

I can’t believe no one picked Ms Remy, so Mr B (plus a whole lot of C’s, O’s, I’s, and H’s) got MORE 1:1 time with her. These dingbats who think jumping in the lake is the key to winning her over like they’re in 5th grade and trying to impress her by making a spectacle.

I like Miss Remy’s chemistry with Mr Holland, the guy she was talking to and someone had to throw an ice cube or something to break apart their love-locked eyes.

Mr King, whose mother/brother died and has no family, just got a huge jump ahead with their emotional connection. On the Bachelor they always do the “vulnerable sob story” at their first date dinner, which ALWAYS comes off awkward—but Miss Remy had a genuine empathetic reaction for him and seemed to open her heart to him.

I think Mr Hunter is the hottest—and Mr, Mrs, and Miss Remy all seem to be taken with him, as well. I’m curious how his adolescence on a boat traveling the world with his family (and I guess “sea schooled”?) impacted him. On the one hand it’s and incredible opportunity, on the other, it sounded like he missed out on having friends, going to school, and other just “regular” childhood/teen experiences that are part of typical development.

I was surprised to see Mr Cones in the bottom—but I had previously wondered if she would be able to put someone on her dance card that she liked just to be able to dance with him. And now my question has been answered. 

Capt Kim’s “confidence is low”? That’s your whole (made up) job! Use your (alleged) coaching skills!

Edited by JenE4
Watching the next episode and learning names!
7 hours ago, JenE4 said:

can’t imagine any dad of any person I’ve ever known agreeing to this! I mean, I’m sure somewhere there’s a dad who’s an English literature teacher who might think this is a fun idea—but I personally don’t know any. (Please, if anyone has a dad that they could see doing this, correct me!)

If my mom, my sister and I all said "dad, we're doing this" he might grumble but he'd do it.  He's also a history buff and he'd eventually come around.  Again, after much grumbling.  It'd be my mom who has a very poor opinion of dating shows who'd be more reluctant. 

It's not just the host who wears non-period correct clothing; it's Ms. Remy at the balls.  They're pretty dresses just not something I think they'd wear back then.

• Love 2

Episode 3: Oh, my god. How is this poor-man’s Spicoli still here? “I love just shooting from the hip. Screwin’ it and doin’ it.” It was obvious he was trying to hit on the blonde friend the last episode, and he’s still going. Ok, I typed that even BEFORE he straight-out said about talking with an attractive female (her) and liking blondes. Where’s the footman to toss him into his carriage, post haste? Is there a bell to ring? A gong? Do we have ANY idea what this host’s name is to summon him?! We have a scoundrel and a rake in our midst!

Sean Penn 80S GIF

Mr Chapman lives in a van…on purpose or because he’s an unemployed model?

Matt Foley Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Mr Bocochicochio and Mr Castronova over there like

gangster godfather GIF

“The broke Gaston!” Ooh, burn! Point to the Capt!

Beauty And The Beast Books GIF by Disney

Ok, I loved the spark between Ms Remy and Mr Holland last episode, but this was off the charts! Loving them together!

What an emotional roller coaster that dance ceremony was! I was cheering when she told Saffa not to talk to her friend. I don’t understand why she sent Mr King home!! She had a much stronger connection with him than half the guys left! Boo! Two more guys. Twist!

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I'm wondering if Ms. Remy--and perhaps others in her court and/or production--felt Mr. King was really still too grief-stricken to continue as entertainment.

Edited by bref
  • Useful 2

I am enjoying this show a lot. It's fun. Plus Nicole is gorgeous and they're dressing her in some pf the prettiest dresses + colors that compliment her well. I also like what I've seen so far of her family. 

I wasn't surprised that Saffa preferred the best friend. He struck me as that being his type more than Nicole. I just didn't expect him to be so stupid and obvious about it. 

Going off the first three eps, I think Nicole's best sparks so far have been with Chapman and Hunter. She's got a pleasant vibe with Holland but I don't see her bedazzled by it. She's got nice sparks with Bocchichio (sp?) but he seems to be self-sabotaging by being upset he's not getting more attention from her. I see some sparks with Captain Kim too but he may also end up taking himself out. Cones seems alright but I'm getting a friendzone vibe there from Nicole rather than a romantic attraction. Castronovo? eh. Shanklin? eh and pls no more singing! Mumbray? ok, I guess

• Love 2

Miss Remy nearly needed to take to the fainting couch when she laid eyes on Mr Judge, and they immediately basically proclaimed that they feel like they’ve known each other in another life. As we all know from our Regency-era novels, that means he’s a rake and will betray her heart! Beware, Miss Remy! 

Dr Hatem getting a kiss despite not winning the game. I can’t blame Miss Remy. She’s head over heels for these two new suitors!

This Mr Shanklen with his annoying vibrato singing has got to go!! I say this every episode. Please, what did we do to deserve this?! 🎶Let’s talk about UuUuUuUuUuUsSsS!🎶 Thank god she gave him the hand when he attempted to kiss her! 

Mr Bochachiachio is all “You can’t be serious with 11 guys.” Sir, this is the premise of the show! And now she’s crying because she likes him so much?! Oh, no.

I’m wary of Dr Perfect, excuse me, Dr Hatem. Does he even have time for a girlfriend? 

Capt Kim should be a spokesmodel for whatever hair care line he’s using. I’ve never seen such a perfectly coiffed mane! He really is still heartbroken and hasn’t dated since his high school sweetheart when he was 18?!? I’m not sure whether this is a massive red flag—or I’ve just gotten too old for these dating shows and they’ve casted REALLY young! Anyone know how old this (alleged) man is?

Mr Chapman is just rolling into small towns and asking strange girls to hop into his van or something?? 

Mr Shanklen is still going on about his song being the clincher to securing Miss Remy’s heart. Stop. Who even told this man he’s a good singer?! This is what happens when your parents overly praise your average “talents,”’lol.

Mr Mumbray has NEVER had a girlfriend?!? I’ll ask one more time: How old are these people?!?

Oh, thank god, Shanklin got himself eliminated by dropping a fake-ass Love bomb too early! 🎶goodbYiYIyiYIyiYIYieeeeee!🎶

These parents are very anti-Bochichio and pro-Castronova. Mrs Remy is crying!!!

• LOL 2
14 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Capt Kim should be a spokesmodel for whatever hair care line he’s using. I’ve never seen such a perfectly coiffed mane! He really is still heartbroken and hasn’t dated since his high school sweetheart when he was 18?!? I’m not sure whether this is a massive red flag—or I’ve just gotten too old for these dating shows and they’ve casted REALLY young! Anyone know how old this (alleged) man is?

You know that's a red flag. I don't know his exact age either, but if he's lived long enough to be a Captain in anybody's military, he's old enough to stop whining about a teenage breakup. And I, for one, cannot take that massive pompadour of his.

15 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Oh, thank god, Shanklin got himself eliminated by dropping a fake-ass Love bomb too early! 🎶goodbYiYIyiYIyiYIYieeeeee!🎶

This is great news!

• Love 1

I still like the show, but have found myself having a hard time on focusing on any particular guy or knowing who anyone is.  I mainly like watching it for the fun vibe and to see what activities they do and such.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, alexa said:

I still like the show, but have found myself having a hard time on focusing on any particular guy or knowing who anyone is.  I mainly like watching it for the fun vibe and to see what activities they do and such.

Same. And the clothes. :) 

• Love 1

Soooooo, I'm going to quietly move Mr. Cones from the Friend Zone and place him into the category of Top Contender.  I genuinely like him, and his interest in Miss Remy seems very sincere. I may not be a gambling woman, but he's starting to look like a pret-ty safe bet.

• Love 1

Episode 1x05 is wild.

It's a good thing Mr. Bochicchio isn't there to make friends as he basically alienated himself by busting up the dinner party. Dom Remy is not a fan and as the ep went on, my prior opinion of Mr. Bochicchio had changed for the worse. Nicole likes that he chases her cause she wants to be chased but Mr. Bochicchio's energy with that was off / bad to me with how he went about it. Plus if Nicole could never be with a man who her family doesn't like or get along with, that really would put Mr. Bochicchio out of the running cause Papa Remy was already sus on him and Dom Remy is a no. 

I will say Mr. Bochicchio is not totally wrong about Captain Kim whining too much, especially after seeing the promo for next week's episode. 

Dr. Hatem showed some weird behavior in this ep. I had said when he was introduced and spoke about being an ER doctor, getting his pilot's license plus other hobbies that he has a lot going on which made me wonder how he would find time to nurture a romance. When he told Dom Remy what he saw in his future and didn't mention Nicole nor even give the impression he wanted a partner to do things with, I knew he was going to be a goner. Well that and the weird shoulder-check thing he did to Dom Remy during archery. A friend of mine mentioned she thought he was there for the cameras and not Nicole. 

The archery was fun plus I like the addition of Nicole's brother with the parents leaving the castle. He has a good head on his shoulders and I thought gave great commentary on events going on. 

IMO Nicole's top suitors that she's most in to are Mr. Chapman and Mr. Judge. Everyone else is in a tier or two below them. 

• Love 2

Mr. B is definitely not worth the time and attention.  She also should never have let him disrespect everyone else in this environment where they are expecting everyone else to be gentleman.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Finished the episode and sad to see Ms. Remy is falling for the same thing that she probably always has, even with so many people to help guide her.  It also shows this show is no different than the others in this regard....all of these other great guys to choose from and she likes the one that doesn't even want to express he likes her!  ugh!  It seems so obvious and then she wonders why her relationships haven't worked out.  And her brother handled it so well you think she would have given it some thought.  He is really a great guy it seems.

At least the doctor was honest and had the potential of liking her, but just wanted to be honest about his life/plans.  Better than the guy she likes!

Edited by alexa
14 hours ago, alexa said:

Mr. B is definitely not worth the time and attention.  She also should never have let him disrespect everyone else in this environment where they are expecting everyone else to be gentleman.  

56 minutes ago, alexa said:

Finished the episode and sad to see Ms. Remy is falling for the same thing that she probably always has, even with so many people to help guide her.  It also shows this show is no different than the others in this regard....all of these other great guys to choose from and she likes the one that doesn't even want to express he likes her!  ugh!  It seems so obvious and then she wonders why her relationships haven't worked out.  And her brother handled it so well you think she would have given it some thought.  He is really a great guy it seems.

At least the doctor was honest and had the potential of liking her, but just wanted to be honest about his life/plans.  Better than the guy she likes!

I agree with both of your posts. Letting Mr. B disrespect everyone like both what he did at the dinner and all the other little ways he’s done it just shows both him and the other guys that’s it’s totally ok to be rude. I was really, really hoping that this was going to be the last straw, but nope. She ate up all his BS with a spoon. 

I also was hoping that his utter shock when Nicole confirmed she was looking for a husband would be a nail in his coffin. I mean, I think all these shows looking for a spouse to be dumb, but that’s still the premise. He knew that going in. He also has a perma-smirk that either says he thinks he’s better than everyone or that he’s just faking everything and is a terrible actor.

So glad she got rid of Dr. Harem. He’s WAY to full of himself.  I bet all of the nurses in the ER he works at hate him because he strikes me as one of those dr’s that don’t listen to their nurses at all. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 4/7/2022 at 10:08 AM, Chick2Chic said:

my prior opinion of Mr. Bochicchio had changed for the worse. Nicole likes that he chases her cause she wants to be chased but Mr. Bochicchio's energy with that was off / bad to me with how he went about it. 

She's being "love bombed" by him and she doesn't recognize it. That's usually a sign that he's a narcissist. I'm not sure he really wants her so much as he just wants to win...and win on tv. 

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 3
(edited)

I do not understand what Ms Remy sees in Mr Bochachio. She has some great guys to choose from—I would not put him in that category. She should listen to her brother! He has these guys figured out. Too bad Mr Dom Remy is taken. This could be like Bridgerton with his story next season. Who am I kidding? This season is barely being aired. I’m watching from wherever and whenever my TV records it from but I think it was technically “canceled” from network TV and playing on some third-rate network at like midnight or something. Someday the half dozen of us watching will try to convince people this show existed, and they will never believe us. case in point, we’re on episode 5 but still page 1 of this thread! These suckers on this show aren’t even going to get Instagram famous or anything!

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Mr Chapman drove hard to the net this week, sneaking into the castle in a footman's outfit to bring Ms Remy breakfast in bed. I'm sure he had some help from the production crew coming up with this stunt. She spends all her one-on-one time with him after a tame group "bacchanal", including spending the night in her room with him. She tells Tessa they spent the whole night talking.  Since this isn't Too Hot to Handle we don't have Lana to confirm that.

She spends some alone time with Mr Judge the wrestling coach too.

Mr Kim decides to bail since he hasn't got a snowball's chance in hell with her now, but he makes her feel like a slut without actually calling her that. Nobody else is invited to leave after the ball.

And next week they're introducing another hot guy. 

I have no idea who she's going to choose yet.

I've been liking the show but the last episode felt even more staged than usual.  I'd like to know if there are rules with this production but I found it super convenient that the cameras were in a perfect position to catch Mr. Chapman in the room with her and from outside of the window.

I'm so glad Captain Kim is gone with his "she made me start trusting women again."  Dude has serious problems if one girlfriend leaving him for an ex boyfriend when they were 18 (and that whole confusing timeline) fucked up his impression of ALL women. And then blaming Mr. Chapman for making her cry as if she were a ruined woman.

Are they really going to bring in another new suitor?  At this point, it's just silly.  She likely already knows her top choice. 

• Love 3
On 4/8/2022 at 5:13 PM, JenE4 said:

Who am I kidding? This season is barely being aired. I’m watching from wherever and whenever my TV records it from but I think it was technically “canceled” from network TV and playing on some third-rate network at like midnight or something. Someday the half dozen of us watching will try to convince people this show existed, and they will never believe us. case in point, we’re on episode 5 but still page 1 of this thread! These suckers on this show aren’t even going to get Instagram famous or anything!

I see chatter about the show on twitter and tumblr but it's no bachelorette juggernaut, which isn't surprising since NBC barely promoted the show before it aired (or after) then yanked it due to low ratings. My DVR records it weekly since it airs after Temptation Island on USA Network but it's easy to watch on Thursdays online on Peacock or USA's website. 

Someone told me that this show was originally going to be a Peacock exclusive show. Not sure why that changed and NBC decided to air it but that still doesn't explain to me the zero effort to market this show. It's such a fun concept and I love that the lead is a gorgeous, successful intelligent Black woman. 

Mr. Judge and Mr. Chapman remain the top two contenders IMO though Nicole telling Tessa that Mr. Bochicchio had been at the top underwhelmed me. He made a good first impression with the first private date but his behavior with the dinner party turned me off. Nicole likes that Mr. B chases her (someone upthread labeled it love-bombing, which fits) but he's not great with it as she again had to tell him what he should be doing during the elimination ball to get her attention. I hope she lets him go soon but to my -and Dom Remy's- disappointment, I think he'll be around for a while. 

The sketch date with Mr. Judge was very cute. The woods bonding with Mr. Chapman as well as the surprise breakfast in bed was lovely. The bacchanalia looked to be a lot of frat party fun and I enjoyed the snippets of poetry from the suitors.

Mr. Mumbray, Mr. Holland, Mr. Hunter, and Mr. Cones are somewhat lost in the shuffle. I think she likes them all but they're not truly wowing her. I thought Mr. Hunter would be doing better by this point after the ep 2 date. Mr. Holland too. 

Captain Kim did entirely too much about other people's business and not enough working on his own situation. He worked himself up about whatever happened between Nicole and Mr. Chapman then made Nicole feel badly about it before leaving (did he even acknowledge the court before his exit?). Obviously none of the other suitors were thrilled Mr. Chapman spent the night with Nicole nor do they likely know it was at her request or any details but they did their best to take it in stride as it is part of the game. Mr. Cones even spelled it out to Captain Kim in small words about it being Nicole's journey and that it wouldn't be easy for the suitors since they were all competing for the attention & affection of one woman. It was definitely time for Captain Kim to go cause he obviously still has unresolved issues about past relationships combined with easy triggers. I did like that Mr. Chapman quizzed about what Captain Kim said to hurt Nicole which Captain Kim refused to accept responsibility for, blaming Nicole and Mr. Chapman for his own choice to freak out and lash out. 

33 minutes ago, Door County Cherry said:

I've been liking the show but the last episode felt even more staged than usual.  I'd like to know if there are rules with this production but I found it super convenient that the cameras were in a perfect position to catch Mr. Chapman in the room with her and from outside of the window.

I think it's pretty much in line with every reality dating show that I've watched where the cameras are already set up to catch 'private moments.' It didn't strike me here as being more so than the usual. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

I think it's pretty much in line with every reality dating show that I've watched where the cameras are already set up to catch 'private moments.' It didn't strike me here as being more so than the usual. 

Yeah but I think with shows like The Bachelor, there are rules about not getting nekkid time until the Final 3/Fantasy Suites so contestants have been known to try and sneak around to avoid the cameras.  And if they get caught, there are whispers, bad lighting, distant audio...it sounds like a hot mic situation.

That isn't the case here. 

• Love 1