Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: A Rainbow in Beige Boots

• Start Topic

Having stalked Helene, a new lead allows Eve to uncover a name in The Twelve’s top tier; Villanelle is rejected by Eve when she seeks help; operating abroad, Carolyn discovers more promising intel on a spate of torturous murders linked to The Twelve.

New episodes show up at midnight Pacific/3am eastern on AMC+, so this is available now.

I liked this one fine; it had some good character moments... but this is the final season, there are only eight episodes total (only five left after this!), and I'd like to see some more plot progression. Get Carolyn and Eve and Villanelle all working together already!

• Love 9
13 hours ago, bobbyjoe said:

They were a little out of control this time putting up people’s names in big letters every time a character appeared— it got to be funny, which may have been the point— there were so many I was kind of surprised they didn’t put up “FISH” when Eve looked in the fish tank.

I know exactly what you mean.  I did think it was funny!  But I also see what you mean about it being over the top, LOL.

More options:

RAT

THERAPIST GUY

AWFUL BROTHER

SEXUAL TENSION

etc.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Reading through the other episode threads, I am glad I am not the only one confused. I keep texting my friend: Is Carolyn good or bad now? What exactly is Eve's plan? Who is Constantine working for? What does Eve want with the lady she is getting drunk?

I guess I am not paying enough attention, but in my defense the music is so loud I have to turn the sound down and then do not catch all of the dialogue. ...and I am too apathetic to rewind. 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I guess I am not paying enough attention, but in my defense the music is so loud I have to turn the sound down and then do not catch all of the dialogue. ...and I am too apathetic to rewind. 

Closed captioning in NOT just for the hard of hearing.

• Like 1
  • Love 14

My opinion is Carolyn is good.       I just enjoyed Fernandah and Eve, that was funny.    What was Eve's boyfriend or whatever he is wearing on his face when he opened the door?  

So,  Eve Villanelle is a rainbow, and everyone else is a beige person.   That explains the episode title.  (Thanks for the correction, I think I was anticipating the therapist getting attacked, and wasn't really concentrating on Villanelle that much.   Poor Marvin.     I liked the big name captions, it helped me keep the characters straight.  

Pam at the funeral home is certainly eager to become an assassin, isn't she?   She's more unhinged than ever.  

Can any prison hold Villanelle?   I don't think so. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So, Villanelle is a rainbow, and everyone else is a beige person.   That explains the episode title.  

Villanelle said Eve was a rainbow in beige boots. That's the episode title.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

This is the first episode of the season that I've pretty much enjoyed from start to finish. Maybe the HUGE name intros helped, lol.

I'm so glad Eve finally had Villanelle taken in. Our intrepid psycho will bust out somehow so that they can get the band back together (Konstantin and Carolyn) but I'm enjoying watching Eve display her boundaries.

Anyone here watch You? Now that Joe Goldberg is

Spoiler

in Europe,

I can't stop imagining what it would be like if he and Vill were to run into each other. The thought of them killing each other (Joe killing with love, Vill killing just for fun) makes me so happy.

13 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

What was Eve's boyfriend or whatever he is wearing on his face when he opened the door?  

An undereye mask. Hee.

Carolyn continues to be the best. I don't care if she's good or bad; Fiona Shaw is so damn good.

• Love 6
On 3/7/2022 at 9:22 PM, TVbitch said:

What does Eve want with the lady she is getting drunk?

Eve wanted some info on Helene (who the lady - Fernanda - had been dating).  And then Eve realized that Fernanda's ex-husband might be tied to The Twelve and is slated to be a victim (and I think that is why Helene had gotten involved with Fernanda - to find out info about her ex-husband).  

• Useful 7
On 3/8/2022 at 10:36 AM, enoughcats said:

Closed captioning in NOT just for the hard of hearing.

Between the music and almost every character having a different accent, it's the only way I can have any hope of knowing what the hell's going on.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

There was some curiosity in an earlier episode about why Pam didn't kill Eve when she was following her.

Now we know - she's not ready yet.  Eve was lucky that day.

The return of the giant names! I missed you - you help me keep the characters straight. 

• Love 7
On 3/6/2022 at 11:41 PM, bobbyjoe said:

They were a little out of control this time putting up people’s names in big letters every time a character appeared— it got to be funny, which may have been the point— there were so many I was kind of surprised they didn’t put up “FISH” when Eve looked in the fish tank.

Maybe they're trying to make up for the fact that they don't have a bunch of different place names to put up there (Sandra Oh was on one of the late night shows, either Stephen Colbert or Seth Meyers, or The Daily Show, last week and mentioned covid keeping them from shooting in different locations so they're mostly in England).

Edited by ams1001
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I liked this episode better than the previous two.   As somebody who has spent, um, years, in therapy, I was amused by Villenelle's expectation of a "quick fix" and comeback at the therapist (who I hope survived his contact with Villenelle) who would echo her question back at her.  I also laughed when Eve and Villenelle were on the couch and Eve asked V if she "had a breakthrough".  

Had to say that I felt no sympathy for that nasty ass of a brother when Pam (?) sliced and diced him.  Talk about a jerk who had it coming.  But if Villenelle is a "rainbow",  Pam seems to be sucked of all color at all - maybe Helene will bring out the rainbow in her.  

Still no idea on what Carolyn's end game is.  Did she really turn or is she going deep to find out who is the mole in MI6 and who it was who ordered her son murdered?  

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, 12catcrazy said:

Had to say that I felt no sympathy for that nasty ass of a brother when Pam (?) sliced and diced him.  Talk about a jerk who had it coming.

After the first scene with them (where I learned they are, -er, were, siblings), I said "I don't think big brother is long for this world"...

• Love 5
On 3/13/2022 at 5:15 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

So,  Eve Villanelle is a rainbow, and everyone else is a beige person.   That explains the episode title.  (Thanks for the correction, I think I was anticipating the therapist getting attacked, and wasn't really concentrating on Villanelle that much

On 3/13/2022 at 7:54 PM, Zonk said:

Villanelle said Eve was a rainbow in beige boots. That's the episode title.

If I am remembering correctly, you're both right. Villanelle described herself as a rainbow and everyone as a beige person, then Therapist Dude asked her about Eve, and if she was a "rainbow person too."  Villanelle responded that Eve was a rainbow person in beige boots, thus the episode title.

Pam could not be a starker contrast to Villanelle, at least in terms of presentation and personality. Villanelle's clothes have always been an absolute phenomenon of color and creativity, while Pam is drabber than drab. Actually both those things are true of their personalities. VIllanelle is all sparkle and pop, Pam is dull as dishwater.

I loved how quicky Eve picked up on what was going on in the parking garage and improvised! I did feel like she was overly cruel (in an oblivious kind of way) to leave a woman who has just confided in her how awfully abandoned she felt, with no goodbye

• Love 7
4 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I kept wondering if he ate the homemade sausage.

Only if he never watched South Park!

(Please forgive me, I'm not the kind of person who idolizes South Park,but every so often a South Park episode gets stuck in my memory forever, and Cartman seems to be the most memorable little shit, evah)

• Love 1
On 3/6/2022 at 4:18 PM, Cranberry said:

I liked this one fine; it had some good character moments... but this is the final season, there are only eight episodes total (only five left after this!), and I'd like to see some more plot progression. Get Carolyn and Eve and Villanelle all working together already!

THIS. We know it's going to happen based on the season trailer - get on it with it already. I don't really need to see Pam's evolution as an assassin. 

It's clear that Villanelle is still head over heels for Eve. I'll be curious to see how she justifies the betrayal of Eve throwing her in prison. Shades of season 2 when she explains to Gabriel that Eve stabbed her to show how much she cares about her? 

• Love 4
On 3/15/2022 at 8:14 PM, enoughcats said:

Only if he never watched South Park!

(Please forgive me, I'm not the kind of person who idolizes South Park,but every so often a South Park episode gets stuck in my memory forever, and Cartman seems to be the most memorable little shit, evah)

South Park is wonderful when it is at its best. And surprisingly insightful.

The show is slowly rounding into form, now that Clown Jesus is dead.