Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E15: The Missing Piece

• Start Topic

Following an injury in the aftermath of an industrial fire, Severide and Seager work together to investigate an anonymous tip. Kidd searches for the right person to fill the open spot on Truck 81. A possible new recruit to 51 gets tested at a call.

Airdate: 03/09/2022

Well, I'm not doing anything really important right now, so I guess I'll mosey on over to CFD and wrangle a ride along.  Shouldn't be too hard to simply just say I'd like to join up; the hiring process is that simple, apparently.  And you can take as much vacation as you need to go see your soulmate.

Okay, I'm a bit evil, but as soon as Severide says that someone intentionally set up the stairway to fall, I thought Stella was the culprit, trying to get rid of the OFI woman.

I liked Mouch's 4 types of firefighters.  So far we have the young hotshot, the Eagle scout, and the ROAD dog (Mouch).  Who's left?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

So are we to believe that Mouch is just fine with Stella being his new boss? Relatively speaking she's been on the force for all of five minutes and now she's his lieutenant. Mouch has been around for ages. Did he never aspire to be a lieutenant himself? At the very least they really need to address this issue. 

It doesn't look like Sylvie is being written off the show for good based on what I could find on Google. 

I am so tired of Severide and Seager sleuthing their way through arson cases. They might as well get their own Mystery Machine and tour the country solving crimes. "And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids!!!!"

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

So are we to believe that Mouch is just fine with Stella being his new boss? Relatively speaking she's been on the force for all of five minutes and now she's his lieutenant. Mouch has been around for ages. Did he never aspire to be a lieutenant himself? At the very least they really need to address this issue. 

I think that they did mention it, years ago, when Herrmann became a lieutenant. Mouch has never had that much ambition. He's lazy. Remember that Mouch means "man + couch."  He's going to do his job, and mostly do it well, but otherwise he's fine just doing the bare minimum in manual labor. But, he did take other leadership roles, like being the union rep.  

• Love 8
5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

It doesn't look like Sylvie is being written off the show for good based on what I could find on Google. 

I am so tired of Severide and Seager sleuthing their way through arson cases. They might as well get their own Mystery Machine and tour the country solving crimes. "And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids!!!!"

Casey was a firefighter for only seven years when he took command of Truck. Mouch and Herrmann both had more experience than him. In fact, Kidd has more experience now (something like 9 years) than Casey did when he became Truck lieutenant. Not an issue. The only possible issue I see is that she and Mouch were peers before she became an officer. Otherwise, it’s just like the military, where having experience doesn’t automatically make you an officer. 

I figure Brett’s actress is out on maternity leave. I do wonder if she’ll be back next season. She doesn’t have a lot going on. 

Edited by dovegrey

Wow, I am really hating the direction the show is going. I hope Jesse Spencer leaving wasn’t the beginning of the end, but it’s worrisome that now Sylvie is leaving for some undetermined amount of time. And we lost Pelham, who I thought was a good addition, while gaining some random new firefighter I don’t remotely care about. I mean, could the show not afford Brett Dalton? LOL. I like Hawkins, so I’m sure he’ll be the next to go.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
Grammar
  • Love 3

I kinda enjoyed it, obviously handwaving a lot. It moved the plot(s) forward in a not-overly-cringeworthy manner so for a network show that's a plus right there.

Jesse's departure has really messed up some logical storylines, and has left Kara Killmer's character hung out to dry. So either she leaves the show or they break them up in a very painful story for her. Maybe Casey comes back or the Big Event and a helicopter falls on him or something?

The other issue is Stellaride. I like them, and I like her, but Severide has more screen chemistry with The Wig than he does with Stella. I was afraid they were actually going to whack Segar at the beginning of the episode, in fact. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

On this week's episode of Chicago Fire: OFI: Fire Cops: Cops of Fire: Severide & Seager, we also got a glimpse of a backdoor pilot Chicago Fire: HR .....

I do not want to police her hair now, but if you look at pictures of Andy Allo back when she was working with Prince, it's like wow.  She is a gorgeous woman.

If they gave the OFI case of the week more time, I would have expected a twist like Marc the son really was innocent of the car arson the whole time.  His dad is the one with the anger issues and he set on fire the car belonging to the new boyfriend of his son's ex-gf, in a deluded attempt to avenge his son.  But then his son was tried and convicted instead, and the dad doubles-down on blaming OFI instead of himself.

17 hours ago, tinderbox said:

Is the actress who plays Sylvie pregnant?  Thanks.

I tried to google it, and there's no confirmation anywhere.  In this week's episode, however, they were doing some of those "hide the bump" tricks, like she was sitting behind a jump bag, so it's possible.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, sweetandsour said:

I do not want to police her hair now, but if you look at pictures of Andy Allo back when she was working with Prince, it's like wow.  She is a gorgeous woman.

Yep, and the camera is definitely her friend. Plus what I said earlier about there being some real chemistry with Severide. So what's her story's endgame? A Stellaride wedding, followed by Stella quitting the marriage or dying on a call, and Severide/Segar become a thing? At this point she's Chekov's Arson Investigator, and I really have a feeling that she isn't just window dressing to fill out a minor character.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I tried to google it, and there's no confirmation anywhere.  In this week's episode, however, they were doing some of those "hide the bump" tricks, like she was sitting behind a jump bag, so it's possible.

Fans have been speculating since January. In last week's episode, there were multiple shots where a bump was super obvious. I'm half convinced the "Ambo has no heat" story last week was to give Kara Kilmer an excuse to wear layers and baggy clothes. And now she's temporarily out and replaced for multiple episodes.

• Love 1
On 3/9/2022 at 11:30 PM, FnkyChkn34 said:

Was this Sylvie's last episode?  Or will she get a send-off next week?  

Don't think it was her last episode. Brett's probably going to be off for a few episodes like Stella was. Though the Brettsy shipper in me wouldn't mind if Brett did ride off into the sunset so to speak to be with Casey and get a happy way to leave the show 

On 3/10/2022 at 6:03 PM, dovegrey said:

Casey was a firefighter for only seven years when he took command of Truck. Mouch and Herrmann both had more experience than him. In fact, Kidd has more experience now (something like 9 years) than Casey did when he became Truck lieutenant. Not an issue. The only possible issue I see is that she and Mouch were peers before she became an officer. Otherwise, it’s just like the military, where having experience doesn’t automatically make you an officer. 

I figure Brett’s actress is out on maternity leave. I do wonder if she’ll be back next season. She doesn’t have a lot going on. 

Is Kara Preggers,? Haven't heard any truth or even a response from her about that rumor that she's pregnant

• LOL 1
18 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

Yep, and the camera is definitely her friend. Plus what I said earlier about there being some real chemistry with Severide. So what's her story's endgame? A Stellaride wedding, followed by Stella quitting the marriage or dying on a call, and Severide/Segar become a thing? At this point she's Chekov's Arson Investigator, and I really have a feeling that she isn't just window dressing to fill out a minor character.

See, I don't understand why Andy Allo keeps coming back to play this character, for all the reasons you mentioned (especially the window dressing part). I mean, a job's a job and I suppose Dick Wolf is a good professional wagon to hitch up to, but she has her own lead role on Upload (season 2 just came out whoo hoo!). I also find it weird that the writers keep bringing her back to hit on Severide, when the show appears to be all in on Stellaride. What's the point? Does Severide need to have an arson storyline that badly?

On 3/12/2022 at 1:41 PM, dovegrey said:

See, I don't understand why Andy Allo keeps coming back to play this character, for all the reasons you mentioned (especially the window dressing part). I mean, a job's a job and I suppose Dick Wolf is a good professional wagon to hitch up to, but she has her own lead role on Upload (season 2 just came out whoo hoo!). I also find it weird that the writers keep bringing her back to hit on Severide, when the show appears to be all in on Stellaride. What's the point? Does Severide need to have an arson storyline that badly?

Best I can figure, if Taylor Kinney gets too expensive to hang onto full-time they can reduce his episode count by moving him to OFI, or who knows, another spinoff if they think it could be financially successful? Unlikely but not impossible either. What may be worth considering is OFI as a mid-season series that runs when One Chicago proper is on hiatus? Just spitballin' here. 

Loved Upload S1 and will start into S2 this week. Very well done show.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, NJRadioGuy said:

Best I can figure, if Taylor Kinney gets too expensive to hang onto full-time they can reduce his episode count by moving him to OFI, or who knows, another spinoff if they think it could be financially successful? Unlikely but not impossible either. What may be worth considering is OFI as a mid-season series that runs when One Chicago proper is on hiatus? Just spitballin' here. 

Loved Upload S1 and will start into S2 this week. Very well done show.

That's a good point. Honestly, I thought they were gearing up for Chicago OFI a few times since seasons 7 and 8. With all the Chicago shows getting "old," I'm surprised nothing else has been tried since Justice. Maybe they're even trying to keep Andy Allo around in case something like that gets off the ground, although her character doesn't seem popular. (And, this is me being negative, I think they'd be better off ending Fire and doing OFI, since Fire tilts so heavily toward procedural investigations anyway. Jesse Spencer leaving opened that door.)

I haven't started the next season of Upload yet (we're finishing up a couple other shows first) but I'm looking forward to it. Season 1 was fantastic.

• Love 1
On 3/12/2022 at 1:41 PM, dovegrey said:
On 3/11/2022 at 6:55 PM, NJRadioGuy said:

See, I don't understand why Andy Allo keeps coming back to play this character, for all the reasons you mentioned (especially the window dressing part)

I think now that Severide is with Kidd, they need to keep reminding people that he is totally irresistable to any woman walkng the planet.  If you say so, I guess.

• Love 1

I'm not as sure as some of you are that there will be a Stellaride wedding.   I just  don't see them as a married couple.   If I'm wrong and they do go through with the wedding, it's not going to last.  Stella doesn't really want to be married.  Her marriage to Grant was a nightmare and I don't think she wants to give up her independence. 

I like Seager.  I'm not sure she's the woman for Severide but I like her a lot more than Stella.

• Love 2

I'm guessing they won't get married.  Every time we see them together, it's like they're trying to convince themselves and each other that they are in love and that their relationship is solid, but don't quite succeed.  But the worst is that Stella ghosted him for months and then comes back with no explanation for why.  That she couldn't or wouldn't go into what she was thinking, and for Severide to just sweep it under the rug, says they are doomed.

• Love 1
On 3/9/2022 at 10:30 PM, FnkyChkn34 said:

Was this Sylvie's last episode?  Or will she get a send-off next week?  

Next week is the season finale.  She’ll visit Casey for a few months and be back for next season like nothing changed.

2 hours ago, izabella said:

I'm guessing they won't get married. 

They can't get married.  Kidd won't be able to stay on in Severide's apartment, and there's a severe shortage of gigantic open-plan, high beam ceiling, low rent apartments in Chicago for her to move to.

• Love 3

As much as Stellaride annoys me, it would be entirely awful for them to break up or not stay together after the nonstop will-they-won’t-they soap opera for the last six seasons. Like all that time wasted on Dawsey. 

Marriage wouldn’t functionally change anything about their relationship or Kidd’s independence (er, nonstop needing him for support). It should make one of them transfer out, though. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, AnnA said:

I'm not as sure as some of you are that there will be a Stellaride wedding.   I just  don't see them as a married couple.   If I'm wrong and they do go through with the wedding, it's not going to last.  Stella doesn't really want to be married.  Her marriage to Grant was a nightmare and I don't think she wants to give up her independence. 

I like Seager.  I'm not sure she's the woman for Severide but I like her a lot more than Stella.

I agree with all of this. I think Severide has more Chemistry with Seaver than he does with Stella. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

They can't get married.  Kidd won't be able to stay on in Severide's apartment, and there's a severe shortage of gigantic open-plan, high beam ceiling, low rent apartments in Chicago for her to move to.

Why can't she stay at the apartment if they get married? They just sign a new lease with her name on it, assuming she isn't on it already. 

• Love 2
On 3/14/2022 at 9:39 PM, KeithJ said:

Next week is the season finale.  She’ll visit Casey for a few months and be back for next season like nothing changed.

The season finale is next week?  It's March.  That's crazy! 

Anyone else remember when shows started in September and ran through to May?  I do but I'm older than dirt.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Anyone else remember when shows started in September and ran through to May?  I do but I'm older than dirt.

I had the same exact thought!  But I'm still young. Ish. Youngish. Ok, I'm old too. 😉

• Love 1
6 hours ago, AnnA said:

The season finale is not next week, they are taking a two week break and are back on April 6th.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Guildford said:

The season finale is not next week, they are taking a two week break and are back on April 6th.

Apologies.  I read an article that said season 10 was ending this week.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

No worries! It's confusing when they take so many breaks. 

11 hours ago, KeithJ said:

Apologies.  I read an article that said season 10 was ending this week.

Sounds like something you'd find on One Chicago Center site, who regularly ask if dead characters might be coming back.

• Love 1
On 3/16/2022 at 5:13 AM, Guildford said:

Thank you.  I was really annoyed at the thought of the season ending in March.

• Love 1

Gee, Seagar came out practically unscathed following that stairwell collapse.  I thought 1) They were going to kill her off or 2), She'd be more injured than a teeny tiny scratch on her head.

At least no more awful wigs to cover her natural hair...which to me still needs a little fluffing up as it looked plastered down.

Wow, another OFI Investigation. Snooze. This has to be like the third or fourth this season. It's getting really tired. At this point, Kelly going to OFI full-time would be the perfect way to write out his character if Taylor Kinney ever chose to leave. As it is, it's amazing how Squad lieutenant, who has to keep his own crew tight, has all the time to be loaned out for arson investigations. He always claims there's not a chance he'll go over to OFI, but yet, he's always willing to jump in feet first to investigate any suspicious fire. I constantly want to scream "THAT IS NOT YOUR JOB!!!"

• Like 1
7 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

At this point, Kelly going to OFI full-time would be the perfect way to write out his character if Taylor Kinney ever chose to leave.

I do like the fact they've shown Severide as a skilled arson investigator, but you're right, as squad C.O. it's not his job. I think the way they could work this is to have him become a fully-qualified OFI investigator, but assigned to a field office in 51. OK, it would be stretching reality even further than this show usually does, but since we're talking about a fire department that doesn't seem to use water all that much, we can surely have a field investigator at a firehouse. Plus that would free up a LT spot on Squad.