Type keyword(s) to search

PLEASE READ: Note From The Mods/Welcome to the Law & Order Forum!

• Start Topic

Since we are getting first-run episodes, the mods for this forum felt it'd be a good idea to start a welcome post with some basic information about the forum.

Before starting a new thread, please look through the current threads to see if your topic fits in one of them.

The forum has many threads.  Here are general guidelines about where to post if you are wondering.

Season 21 has episode threads.  There is no season long thread. 

There should be threads for all pre-Season 21 seasons.  If you are discussing specific episodes from any of those seasons, we'd prefer you use the corresponding season thread.  If you'd like to compare episodes or themes across multiple seasons, use the general discussion thread.

If there is a topic you feel does not correspond with any of the above, please PM one of us and we will consider if a new thread is necessary. (But as there are indeed so many threads, this should be a rare occurrence.) 

Discussion of the spinoffs can go in the small talk thread but probably belongs in the thread or forum for those spinoffs. 

If you have any questions, you can use this thread or PM the official mod for this forum, @Door County Cherry.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
On 12/13/2023 at 6:24 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

The updated image of the show is really funky-the L in Law and R in order, is cut off. So it reads as "AW and ORDE"

Mods, May we please get this fixed?  I just reported it in the Site Business - Bugs forum but the post is pending moderation.  Thanks!

• Like 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:
On 12/13/2023 at 9:24 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

The updated image of the show is really funky-the L in Law and R in order, is cut off. So it reads as "AW and ORDE"

Mods, May we please get this fixed?  I just reported it in the Site Business - Bugs forum but the post is pending moderation.  Thanks!

By just using the "inspect" option in Chrome browser on my Mac laptop running Sonoma 14.2.1 
— I see:

• In the header tag
    • in the div with the id tag labeled #shows_showCover
      • if you reduce the style's height property from 220px to at least 170px
        at least the "L" and the "R" are legible, like:

Screenshot2024-01-13at11_42_06PM.thumb.png.9176a2c92a36a90a5acd410dc555da48.png

(Double-click image to enlarge)
You might want to go to an even lower height property to fit more of the width of the banner image:
The image lives here: https://debian-us-sea.us-sea-1.linodeobjects.com/monthly_2023_12/LOColorBanner.jpg.4456bd6b12d9df8136ec75404aabce2b.jpg 
It's actual dimensions are 1802px x 347px with a resolution of 96 ppi.
LOColorBanner.jpg.4456bd6b12d9df8136ec75

Of course, if the site code is outsourced to a content management business, and if the PT tech folks cannot access or change style sheets, you'll probably have to pass this info as a request onto the content management company.

The other option is to crop and/or resize the image.
That's probably better than changing the code to avoid future problems.

Is this an @AllAstronauts thing?

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Thanks 1

It would be if I converted these to actual cover photos (like you have on your profile page where you can slightly adjust the vertical display position) but as is it was/is this forum feature is just an image set to cover. A coding quicky more-or-less since I was "already in there" so to speak.

I did tell mods (who have full control over this) to choose photos wisely and look at how they display 🙃

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
52 minutes ago, AllAstronauts said:

I did tell mods (who have full control over this) to choose photos wisely and look at how they display 🙃

Thanks for explaining the limitations.

Here's some hopefully helpful photo size specs for the mods in their efforts to "choose photos wisely" to fit the current forum specifications:

• Summary: 
    Select banner pictures that are a bit over 3 times wider than they are high to upload.
    • Cautionary note:
      Only edit image proportions by cropping, not resizing.

The current L&O forum banner photo:
https://forums.primetimer.com/forum/258-law-order/
measures 1802 px X 347 px:
https://debian-us-sea.us-sea-1.linodeobjects.com/monthly_2023_12/LOColorBanner.jpg.4456bd6b12d9df8136ec75404aabce2b.jpg
The L&O photo is roughly 5 times wider than it is high.

In contrast, the Friends forum banner photo that fits very well: 
https://forums.primetimer.com/forum/6230-friends/
measures 1920 px X 591 px:
https://debian-us-sea.us-sea-1.linodeobjects.com/monthly_2023_09/FriendsBanner2.jpg.4c3e78f0a16e477d746701876267994d.jpg
The Friends photo is roughly 3 times wider than it is high.

🙂

It shouldn’t be that difficult since all the other shows I post in where images are used look fine. It’s just this one that’s off kilter. Maybe just use one from the original first season or third season.