Type keyword(s) to search

Love After Lockup Season 5: LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Empress1 said:

I know! She just wants to clock out, go home, and mind her business.

He's lucky they told him anything, he's not related to her.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Karen Kevin speaks to the supervisor.

I made a Karen/Kevin joke with a friend named Kevin. When I tell you he was furious…

(He’s the kind of person people accommodate: white, middle-aged, trim, good-looking, owns a business. He wouldn’t have to ask for the manager; the manager would come apologize on his own.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
Just now, OoogleEyes said:

It's always bad when they recognize you from a prior phone call. "As I told you *this morning*...."

That’s the equivalent of “per my previous email…” 

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
Just now, Empress1 said:

Again with no helmet. 

That, my dear, is the LEAST of his problems. 

Oh lordy, I am so glad that I'm retired 

My husband did an event with my old boss and the new me at my old job. He came in and asked me a question about it--"where did you get the lectern for the presentations?". I laughed heartily and for a long while. When I could regain my breath I just said "I have no fucking idea. Call Christina (the wonderful woman who is sitting at my old desk now) and ask HER!" Jesus. I'm retired now! All work shit has left the building. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Rick the Badass Biker roars through his suburban subdivision. Born to be wild. 

🎶 Get your motor running

Head out on the cul-de-sac

Looking for an inmate 

And whatever's on sale at Wal-Mart 🎵

• LOL 12
8 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I cannot wait to retire. The instant I no longer have to work, I am OUT, do you hear me?

I was kind of nervous to retire. What would I do all day? WHO CARES IT DOESN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE YOU'RE RETIRED.

The best thing was getting rid of the constant low level agita. 

Edited by OoogleEyes
  • Love 11

I was kind of nervous to retire. What would I do all day? WHO CARES IT DON'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE YOU'RE RETIRED.

Read more. Travel. Hang out with my other retired friends. Volunteer. Cook. Long workouts. Bike rides in the middle of the week, in the middle of the day. WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

I was kind of nervous to retire. What would I do all day? WHO CARES IT DON'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE YOU'RE RETIRED.

I don't do a thing. Today I cleaned my house, spent an hour on Duolingo, finished a book, and folded some laundry. Had my old lady supper at 5:30, watched a few episodes of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and chatted with my Primetimer pals! I consider this a full and pleasant day! I fucking LOVE retirement. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I don't do a thing. Today I cleaned my house, finished a book, and folded some laundry. Had my old lady supper at 5:30, watched a few episodes of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and chatted with my Primetimer pals! I consider this a full and pleasant day! I fucking LOVE retirement. 

One word sums it up for me: contentment. 

Whelp! Always a pleasure spending Friday night with my Bunkies. See you all around the forums!

• Love 8