Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E09: The Women Tell All

• Start Topic

Just now, Kiss my mutt said:

That brought back memories when the women weren’t botoxed within an inch of their lives.  They looked so much younger and fresh faced!

And they didn't all have such similar looks.

Sierra, don't interrupt!

• Love 9
(edited)

Well from Clayton’s look at the end and Teddi’s last words, this doesn’t look like it’s going to end well. Which isn’t a surprise, but doesn’t look good. 

Did they call an armadillo a muskrat! Poor armadillo, subjected to identity theft. May it shed some fake tears. 

Why is it suddenly relevant for the lead to reveal he’s in love with all the finalists and that he slept with all of them. Surely he isn’t the 1st lead, male or female. 

See y’all tomorrow. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

I can’t tell if it’s deceptive editing, but there’s 3 women left and he says he’s in love with all 3 of them, but then he says he slept with BOTH. 

What happened to #3?

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Amy Beth said:

I can’t tell if it’s deceptive editing, but there’s 3 women left and he says he’s in love with all 3 of them, but then he says he slept with BOTH. 

What happened to #3?

Maybe that was after he pared it down to two?

• Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Well from Clayton’s look at the end and Teddi’s last words, this doesn’t look like it’s going to end well. Which isn’t a surprise, but doesn’t look good. 

Dud they call an armadillo a muskrat!

I’m really surprised they aired that. Jesse’s all: We don’t know how it ends. And Teddi’s basically: I do; my condolences. And Clayton practically has the tears Sarah’s been promising.

Clayton’s big mistake was TELLING them en masse that he was in love with them all and who he slept with. You keep that to yourself and hope your fiancée gets over it by the time it airs because “she’s your person” or whatever. He sabotaged himself by telling them this before he even picked a finalist so now they all think their entire relationship was built on a lie—and “my person” wouldn’t just treat me like the rest of his harem.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 20
1 minute ago, JenE4 said:

I’m really surprised they aired that. Jesse’s all: We don’t know how it ends. And Teddi’s basically: I do; my condolences. And Clayton practically has the tears Sarah’s been promising.

Clayton’s big mistake was TELLING them en masse that he was in love with them all and who he slept with. You keep that to yourself and hope your fiancée gets over it by the time it airs because “she’s your person” or whatever. He sabotaged himself by telling them this before he even picked a finalist so now they all think their entire relationship was built on a lie—and “my person” wouldn’t just treat me like the rest of his harem.

Apparently, it’s all Serene’s fault. He felt so bad about not responding to her “I’m in love with you” with ditto, that he decided to be completely open and transparent.

It seems he was in love with 4 of them, but never told one.

Also, he’s an idiot.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13

Those curls….is he trying to cover up a receding hairline?   If so, he needs to rethink his strategy.  With the rest of his hair short and straight looking, he looks like he is wearing clip on bangs.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 18
  • Love 2

That last bit with Teddi was certainly foreboding. I think that Clayton made a bad call just straight telling the woman that he slept with both of them. Save that for when you’ve picked your winner and the cameras are gone my dude. 

• Love 6

I think that Clayton's inside little chubby boy was the Bachelor.  He was clearly so out of his depth with all this female attention. He made some epically bad decisions.

That being said, those women tonight were rough. I get they don't like Shanae, but heckling her was classless. I got really sick of the lot of them calling each other bitches and swearing. I understand emotions are running high, but honestly, Shanae is such a train wreck you can let her bury herself. Let her be the one to be classless. This got ugly. 

• Love 22

The women were allowed to all talk at the same time for way too long. They needed to be reminded that its a TV show, and the viewers can't  make out what anyone is saying when they speak all at once.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
25 minutes ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

(dizzyd: everytime I see your avatar, I want to get up and get a tangelo out of the fridge.)

I did my best to merge my thoughts. Don’t do it. I don’t want to be responsible for anyone’s vitamin c toxicity. 🥵

• LOL 2

Shanae was so cold-hearted.  Like a psychopath, not being anxious or upset when confronted,  throwing out accusations of being fake, or lying, but shrugging off her own deceitful behavior. She is not well.  It's not just her behavior, it's her lack of empathy, nervousness, or self awareness. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
(edited)

Well. Happy Women's History month, I guess?

Serene, Marlena, Teddi all came off really well. 

The rest was a glammed up, high heeled, glittery version of Lord of the Flies. They really could have used the conch too.

The diaper comment...really?

Shut UP, Sierra.

I'm no fan of Clayton, who seems a little dim, immature, and not "husband material" cough*Mara*cough, but he never seemed vindictive or particularly cruel, apart from his last convo with Sarah. He apologized and has made an ass of himself on TV. There isn't much else he can do, not that Sierra would forgive him...for whatever he did to wrong her, I guess.

Jesse's flashbacks were hilarious, and hearkened back to a time where both eating and personality were allowed on the show.

Aww, armadillo! My favorite part of the show.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 19

I loved that TPTB played the same "crazy stalker" music when Shanae was getting in and out of the hot seat that they played on the 2-on-1 date. I agree though that the heckling of the women was classless, and Sierra talked way too much for someone who never had any chemistry with Clayton and was therefore irrelevant for the purpose of the show. 

Clayton should have just owned up to being an idiot instead of the "best intentions" crap. That would have taken the wind out of everyone's sails.

Clayton is for sure not the first Bachelor to have slept with more than one woman during the Fantasy Suites, but he's the first who thought it was a good idea to broadcast that at the following rose ceremony. Like I said, he should just own up to being an idiot.

• Love 20
8 hours ago, GracieK said:

I think Clayton is a bore and is too easily manipulated. But I don’t think he’s a bad person or even a fuck boy.. I said last week he’s a people pleaser and I still believe that. He didn’t try to excuse anything and accepted responsibility for anything he may have done that upset the women. I feel bad for him. He’s being treated like a villain and I don’t even think he’s smart enough to be one.

Agree he isn’t a bad person.  All that apologizing was another example of his people pleasing tendencies.  He ties himself in knots trying to get folks to like and forgive him.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Well, Serene and Teddi seem to be in the running for the next Bachelorette along with whoever production likes from F3.  Neither one of them had much of a story (although they are both beautiful and seem nice).  I really wanted Elizabeth to have a chance at the hot seat-and for Clayton to have to interact with her.  Oh well, she's obviously not in the running for Bachelorette.  Sierra really needed to just stop with all of her pronouncements and interruptions.  I enjoyed her during the season but go tired of her during the WTA.  

I really wish Jesse had directed the WTA more in terms of letting only 1 person at a time speak-it just became over shouting and I couldn't really understand much of the yelling when they were all trying to get their moment of 'fame' at the same time.  

And, as always, I couldn't even remember about half of these contestants.  I did like the woman who self-eliminated the first night.  More please.  And, yes, most of these women seem like they can't even stand Clayton.  Once again we see that the allure of being a 'star' lures victims into becoming the lead on this show (and the Bachelorette) and having one's horrible decisions and innate weirdness on display for all to see.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

That last bit with Teddi was certainly foreboding. I think that Clayton made a bad call just straight telling the woman that he slept with both of them. Save that for when you’ve picked your winner and the cameras are gone my dude. 

What happened with Teddi? I didn't see the ending.

• Love 1
(edited)

The morning shift has returned. Damn it. As sober(ing) as that may be, it’s not as bad as The Women Tell All – an exercise in false advertising since they aren’t REALLY telling all and they aren’t really TELLING anything. It’s more of a point-and-shout exercise about footage we’ve already seen with applause lines tossed in.

Ginning up controversy this year has been difficult due to the often-catatonic Bachelorettes and their half-hearted pursuit of the markedly uninteresting Bachelor. For all the narrator talk of ‘Bachelor history’ every season, there is some novelty in having the prize become the punishment with the finalists locked into a sort of Stanford Prison Experiment mindset where they will play a role no matter how detrimental or alarming the outcome.

Beyond the particulars of this season, TWTA often defies comment since it’s little more than participants' opinions about which we may not be all that concerned or know better anyway. Still, they aren’t delaying the inevitable and the collective shrieking at Shanae begins at the 9 minute mark. Shanae has been conveniently located stage far left for back-and-forth camera angles. To be fair, if she was at the center of the group they might have clawed her eyes out.

Like a Society of Friends meeting, Sister Claire speaks for all of us when she says she was immediately bored, knew it was a dead end and went to the bar to entertain herself. Kira has brought a supply of scalpels and is applying a thousand cuts to Cassidy as the others join in, especially Sierra, whose usual taste for dirt has morphed into bloodlust.

If we regretted not seeing the personalities of Kate and Hunter during the episodes, we’re seeing them in full bloom now – or at least the dark sides. Shanae falls back on her talismanic waving of fingers as she recites her meager list of defensive lines again.

Shanae-on-the-couch is more of the same and one’s fingers involuntarily tap the FF button especially as Sierra has obviously concluded she’s the guest host of this turnout. She would be a holy terror at the 10 items or less aisle if she spotted you with 11. Or vice versa.

Genevieve’s only expression of emotion or even life occurred in the early episodes involving Shanae and has become reanimated here not least when accused of a post-eviction hookup. A bartender meeting someone at a bar is believable, even inevitable, but is still cause for outrage here given the source.

A stultifying argument about emojis and DMs follows which only underscores last week’s lament that phone culture has subsumed real life. Can Hunter go grab another snake and set it loose at Shanae’s feet? A python works too slowly. Let’s have a pissed-off rattlesnake instead, right at bare ankle height above the stripper heels. Or maybe Genevieve has a cocktail shaker from work in her handbag and can give Shanae a resounding metallic hollow bonk on the head with it. On the other hand, sudden movement may cause her to pop completely out of the strapless dress she's struggling to keep in place merely while sitting. Attention graphics department: one XL black box, please. They're going to send Genevieve and a selection of revealing bikinis to Mexico if they have to airdrop her onto the beach. Maybe regular access to booze will improve her mood. Maybe a succession of drooling males eyeing her cleavage will. Watch your back, Wells, she may try to snaffle your gig.

Body glitter must have been provided in salad bowls back stage – they’re all covered with the stuff. The new pandemic is unconscious, nervous smoothing of hair extensions. Sarah is called upon once again to be the tackling dummy for Mara and Temporary Allies Of Mara – even if Mara never had a chance because she was, well, Mara. Sarah holds her own since facts are stubborn things and is turfed out quickly in favor of Teddi who will emote on cue. ‘One Echard boy in my lifetime is enough’ – clarity arrives late but at least it arrives.

Serene’s had a lucky escape but is trying to pretend otherwise. Clayton appears to a mostly sitting ovation and tepid applause. But enough about the Bachelorettes' reaction. Spare a thought for hairdressers in Missouri and Southern California who have been deprived of the prime opportunity to do something – anything – with that mess. The women are like a dog with a bone, digging up more Shanae with Clayton. There’s only one version of the truth and Sarah delivers it, saying simply and sensibly (again) that Clayton wasn’t clever or strong enough to ignore the Chinese whispers. Teddi obviously has the scoop on the remainder of the season. She says nothing but the eyes reveal all. Memo to Kira: once the lid on the garbage can closes, don’t open it again. You’re single and a doctor. Maybe wear your red lingerie/lab coat to the next set of appointments and move forward, as we will attempt to do despite being shown the same trailer for the penultimate episode a dozen times over. We’re so broken. *sniff*

Edited by Rainsong
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, phlebas said:

How did I come out of that liking Cassidy more than Sierra?

Cassidy seemed a lot more mature here than she did on the show and I really liked the way she owned up to what she'd done and made the others look like prudes when she explained herself.  I also liked when she immediately agreed with the woman who said the worst thing she did was create Frankenstein's monster (Frankenstein is the creator, not the monster!) Shanae.  

Sierra on the other hand seems to have delusions of grandeur and appointed herself head girl boss.  She wouldn't stop with the accusations to the point where Clayton couldn't get an admittedly dumb and empty sentence of self-explanation out without her interrupting.

• Love 18
9 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

Cassidy seemed a lot more mature here than she did on the show and I really liked the way she owned up to what she'd done and made the others look like prudes when she explained herself.  I also liked when she immediately agreed with the woman who said the worst thing she did was create Frankenstein's monster (Frankenstein is the creator, not the monster!) Shanae.  

Sierra on the other hand seems to have delusions of grandeur and appointed herself head girl boss.  She wouldn't stop with the accusations to the point where Clayton couldn't get an admittedly dumb and empty sentence of self-explanation out without her interrupting.

I think you're right on all counts.  I just didn't see that one coming.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Alexander Pope said:

I think he is better looking now.  And clearly less of a doofus.

I'm just so tired of the mandatory scruff.  Seeing a clean chin made my old shriveled heart go pitter-pat.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I’m not liking everyone heckling Shanae from the seats. Does she deserve it? Of course. But she can dig her own grave without you yelling whether she’s wearing a diaper or calling out her fake tears.

12 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

The diaper comment...really?

This really rubbed me the wrong way. It felt like popular girls in high school making fun of less popular or less attractive or disabled kids. 

17 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Damn, I was hoping I'd go the rest of my life without hearing Teddi say "Clay-TON" again. It's so grating!

I prefer that to the ones that say "Clay-UN"

16 hours ago, dizzyd said:

Well Kira, that’s a 1st

I think they must have offered her a spot in Paradise if she would debase herself by pretending she still found Clayton attractive.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, GracieK said:

I think Clayton is a bore and is too easily manipulated. But I don’t think he’s a bad person or even a fuck boy.. I said last week he’s a people pleaser and I still believe that. He didn’t try to excuse anything and accepted responsibility for anything he may have done that upset the women. I feel bad for him. He’s being treated like a villain and I don’t even think he’s smart enough to be one.

They really seem to be leaning in to the idea that Clayton is a big punching bag and I've never seen them do that to one of their leads before.  I mean they were hostile to Juan Pablo, but his own attitude kind of pushed them into that.  Even before his season, they had that moment in Michelle's finale where they read mean tweets about him.  I agree with you that his mistake has been trying to please the producers and the girls and not really standing up for himself, but it's starting to feel like they want to audience to dislike him.  He's not my cup of tea and he may not be ready for marriage if he finds "love" so easily, but he's not mean-spirited or manipulative.  If anything, he seems pretty naïve.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
18 hours ago, SassyCat said:

What Two do you think he slept with? I say Gabby and Rachel.

They are the only two there at the rose ceremony. He is telling both he was intimate with them. 

Rachel is crying on the stairs and the brunette in the gold dress is Gabby

That’s been in previews for months 

Edited by Kerri Johnson
  • Useful 3
(edited)

Do y’all think he realized he screwed up and wants Teddi back? I felt from watching the recaps that he had the most genuine reactions with her. I noticed Jesse didn’t have Clayton and Teddi talk to each other last night like he did with Serene and a bunch of others. And then the brother DMing her and her parting words that everything would be ok. He looked miserable there at the end as though he was personally responsible for ruining the lives of 30 women which some of them very vocally on the WTA and on SM implied. Wouldn’t be the 1st time a bachelor successfully went back to someone he eliminated like Jason and Arie. Even Matt and Rachel made up after that insulting to the point of no redemption ATFR last season.

Maybe I’m just overthinking and waiting for showtime. Strange after having no interest in Clayton and his season till the promised and insinuated dramatic ending. 

Do y’all think we’ll find out tonight who’s the next B’ette? I wouldn’t mind Teddi or Suzie. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Do y’all think we’ll find out tonight who’s the next B’ette? I wouldn’t mind Teddi or Suzie. 

I don’t think the next Bachelorette will be announced until After The Final Rose which airs next Tuesday. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, GracieK said:

I see his “ people pleasing “ is very very bad… anyone who approaches him or comes on to him he head is turned. I see him as a future cheater not because he is malicious but because he cant say no. I had a friend like that who told me his “ ex girlfriend” lol caused him to cheat on his wife because ahe was so aggressive . Trust me i called him out on that but i think clayton is way too flattered by all of it and is a moron

• Love 1

"Get ready for the most dramatic finale ever!"  Don't they say that every season?  Elizabeth is hands down the prettiest contestant this season, I wish that she could be The Bachelorette.  Cassidy made the right choice to have a backup-boner in case Clayton didn't work out.  

• Love 2