Type keyword(s) to search

Restaurant Rivals: Irvine Vs. Taffer - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Premiered March 3, 2022 on Discovery+.

The premise of the show is Robert "Restaurant: Impossible" Irvine and Jon "Bar Rescue" Taffer renovate two restaurant/bars near each other, after which some customers go to both places and decide which renovation is better.

Just watched the first ep. It was obvious Taffer was going to pick the bar and Irvine was going to pick the restaurant with the Dr. Phil dynamic, but it was still an agreeable time-filler.

Good on both for pointing out that "barbecue" does not mean you cook your food any old way, then drown it in flavored sauce. I HATE HATE HATE when restaurants do that. I also LOLed when Irvine asked the owner for his jug of Liquid Smoke, then poured some out and started scrubbing the floor with it, explaining that's the only legitimate use of Liquid Smoke in a restaurant.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Love 2

I finished the 3 episode series, and it was pretty enjoyable. Knowing it was a best 2-of-3 premise, I knew whoever won the first episode would not win the second so that there would be a third. With two separate spaces each episode, there wasn’t a lot of time to spend on drama or therapy, so that was nice to hit the highlights of each location’s issues and revamp and move on. 

• Love 2