Type keyword(s) to search

Into the Storm (2014)

Rick Kitchen
  • Start Topic

I've labeled this with (2014) because just checking on imdb, there was another movie called Into the Storm just a couple of years ago.

The special effects of this movie are the big star.  I didn't recognize Richard Armitage, but I kept thinking that I should know him. Then the cast list at the end said his name, and I said, "Wow, Thorin Oakenshield!"  Maybe it was something in the back of my mind that kept saying, "Why am I thinking this guy is English, even though there's nothing wrong with his American accent?"

And the younger brother is Freddie from "iCarly".

I saw this a last the Saturday before last. I did not enjoy it. I was just bored and unsatisfied. And if you have small children, I do not advise taking them because of one specific scene near the middle. Other than that, the film is nothing you can't get out of Night of the Twisters and Twister. There's also Tornado! if you're into cheese and Bruce Campbell.

Also, I find the quickest way to make a character unlikeable is to place a camera in their hand. YMMV.

• Love 1