Type keyword(s) to search

Top Chef Season 19 Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

• Start Topic

So Episode 3 is the night life challenge asian street food (looks like its individual), no quickfire.  The trailer gives away a lot of information.

Future Challenges past Episode 3.

BBQ challenge. (Made past Episode 3)
Ashleigh
Jo
Evelyn
Nick
Luke

Future challenge teams
Sam-Blue
Buddha and Jae-Maroon cooking alligator
Monique-Maroon
Jae-Orange

There is a shot of a trailer.  It looks like the final 5 quickfire (maybe final 10?)
Ashleigh
Luke
Buddha
Jackson
Damarr

So the people in danger of going home in episode 3
Sarah
Robert

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 3/12/2022 at 7:36 PM, BoozyNarwhal said:

I caught the shot of the potential final 5 quickfire in the trailer too, but on rewatch I noticed a sixth person on the right side of the frame briefly…I think it may be Jo?

Nice catch.  Yeah its definitely Jo. No one else has short straight black hair.

It definitely looks like a final 6, because of the wide angle (and everyone is running to one table).  There is a slight chance it could be a final 12, where they do 2 heats, but that doesn't seem likely.

Next episode double elimination (replication)

Sarah/Robert (Yellow)
Jo/Evelyn (Green)
Damarr/Monique (Maroon)
Nick/Jae (Orange)
Jackson/ Buddha (process of elimination) (Blue)
Ashleigh/Luke

Evelyn, Jo, Nick, Jae, Ashleigh and Luke made it to the BBQ episode.  Buddha, Jackson, Damarr, made it to the F6 quickfire.  So it looks like Sarah and Robert both go home?

• Love 1

This is speculation rather than a spoiler, but I couldn’t find a speculation thread for this season. Over the years, I’ve noticed that interviews with a candidate often appear a day or two before their elimination. Maybe everybody has already noticed this?  Maybe I’m imagining it?  But I saw 2 interviews w Jackson today, which makes me think he’s about to get felled by Restaurant Wars. I like him (and others), so I want to be wrong. 

• Useful 2

I think the producers finally realized (probably from viewers telling them, or reading on here) that their call home, or talking heads featuring one chef was previewing who was getting knifed.     The past several seasons it's been a fake out on who gets knifed.    Wow!   I take all of this back.       In my opinion, Jackson deserved to go home for advising the others on how their food tasted, when he can barely taste.   That was an awful thing to do, and it would have been irritating for someone else to go because he told them the wrong advise, plus he was a horrible FOH.  

I've finally learned the name of the last eight, and I'm going to be sorry to see anyone go home.   When there were more of them, and I didn't know too many names, it wasn't so bad, but now I miss each one that goes home.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, marybennet said:

This is speculation rather than a spoiler, but I couldn’t find a speculation thread for this season. Over the years, I’ve noticed that interviews with a candidate often appear a day or two before their elimination. Maybe everybody has already noticed this?  Maybe I’m imagining it?  But I saw 2 interviews w Jackson today, which makes me think he’s about to get felled by Restaurant Wars. I like him (and others), so I want to be wrong. 

Spot on!

• Love 2

I think the producers figured out that the talking heads and calls home often show who is going next, and change that up.   I'm easily fooled anyway. 

I think if you're going to come on this show, you should study Restaurant Wars, and see what other teams did that lost did wrong.    Especially see what the judges want from a Front of House.      I think a contestant should also have at least one dessert they can execute perfectly, have a restaurant concept in mind for Restaurant Wars, even if they don't end up leading a team, and know how to cooperate with their team members.    I think they should also have a few recipes with local foods for whatever city they're filming in.    

• Love 5

Can I just say that I hate that they're doing one of those gimmicky challenges in next week's episode??? Poor Damar looks miserable just being on the boat, in addition to having to catch his ingredients!

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, carrps said:

Poor Damar looks miserable just being on the boat,

I felt a little queasy just watching.  I'd never be able to complete that challenge - the dosage of Bonine I'd have to take would be counter-productive, as it would put me in a coma.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Bastet said:

I felt a little queasy just watching.  I'd never be able to complete that challenge - the dosage of Bonine I'd have to take would be counter-productive, as it would put me in a coma.

There isn't enough Bonine in the world that would prevent me from getting sick on that boat.

• Love 6

I can't even ride on the back seat of a car without becoming motion sick. A boat? I'd be providing lots of seagull food. I can't even watch cruise ship footage. I hope I'm able to watch this episode.

• Love 3
(edited)

You also can't put more than one sea sickness prevention patch on at a time, or bad things happen.   

Didn't they do a catch your own fish or lobster trip several seasons ago?  Or maybe I have it confused with another competition show.   

I really hope all of the chefs enjoyed the trip, and no one was sick.    I know who I hope goes home, but I still hate to have anyone actually cut.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
On 5/17/2022 at 11:35 PM, marybennet said:

Local story about Evelyn a day or two ago.  Makes me nervous she'll be out this week.  I want to be wrong!  I will celebrate my wrongness if I am wrong!

Standing here in my wrongness and being wrong. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)

Again, I am so impressed (or maybe a little disappointed) that there are no real spoilers.. Those must be some strong NDAs...or more likely, the perks of being part of the Top Chef family are sooooo good that no one wants to risk pissing off the Elves.

Standing here in my wrongness and being wrong. 

...and get used to it. IYKYK

Edited by AriAu
  • LOL 1