Type keyword(s) to search

S33.E10: No Room for Error/S33.E11: In the Hands of the Amazing Race Gods LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

I'm excited for this finale! Finally get to live chat here after getting lucky enough to watch a couple of hours earlier.

Luckily, I have no ill will toward any of the teams left so I will not be upset at anyone winning, not even Ryan/Dusty.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, iMonrey said:

again with the group starts.

I’m thinking that won’t last past this season. Special circumstances and all that.

1 minute ago, PaperTree said:

Arun's middle name is "Luck"

I’d think it would be “Lost.”

I wanna know how they determined that the flight attendants should leave first, then Kim and Penn and Arun and Natalia should leave together and Ryan/Dusty last by themselves. Was that arbitrary or based on the times between their finishes on the last leg?

1 minute ago, iMonrey said:

I wanna know how they determined that the flight attendants should leave first, then Kim and Penn and Arun and Natalia should leave together and Ryan/Dusty last by themselves. Was that arbitrary or based on the times between their finishes on the last leg?

That's how they finished the last leg. FA get an advantage for being first by leaving 15 minutes ahead. Ryan/Dusty leave 30 minutes after FA.

That's how they finished the last leg. FA get an advantage for being first by leaving 15 minutes ahead. Ryan/Dusty leave 30 minutes after FA.

So why? None of the previous fist finishers got to leave by themselves. This is the first time they've done that. 

Also? Spotting the flag was way too easy. They did something similar in the past but needed binoculars and really had to search.

Just now, iMonrey said:

So why? None of the previous fist finishers got to leave by themselves. This is the first time they've done that. 

Also? Spotting the flag was way too easy. They did something similar in the past but needed binoculars and really had to search.

It's because there's only four teams left, that's why. It makes sense to give first place a slight advantage because they can still have three start times with no issues.

• Love 1

The only explorer I’d recognize would be Vasco de Gama.

2 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

Wow!  Arun and Natalia turned the correct direction!

Huge shock. I think when Arun was born, his first pictures showed up on milk cartons.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

It's because there's only four teams left, that's why. It makes sense to give first place a slight advantage because they can still have three start times with no issues.

It doesn't make any more sense than having groups of two. Seems pretty arbitrary to me. I mean, if they'd been giving first arriving teams the same advantage all along then sure but this just seemed random.

14 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Heh.  Phil said “penultimate.” That’s an underused word, isn’t it?

When he said it I recalled the Supernatural episode where Sam yelled “no one uses penultimate!”

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think I could have done it without going in circles, but it would have taken me a while.  It might have taken me longer to figure out the explorer's name, especially if Da Gama and Magellan were already taken.

Edited by Browncoat
2 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

The only explorer I’d recognize would be Vasco de Gama.

Huge shock. I think when Arun was born, his first pictures showed up on milk cartons.

I recognized him and Magelllen.

• Love 1
Just now, DEL901 said:

I recognized him and Magelllen.

I wouldn't be able to come up with too many off the top of my head - those two and Vasco de Gama popped into my mind - but I think I'd recognize others if I saw the names.

Just now, SG429 said:

Rowing challenges always surprise me with how few people know how to row a boat.

I have never rowed a boat.  I've paddled canoes and rafts, though, and I've seen people row, so I think I could figure it out.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SG429 said:

Rowing challenges always surprise me with how few people know how to row a boat.

It's really not that hard to figure out usually, but I think if you are under preassure, especially in the penultimate leg of the amazing race, you might get frazzled fast.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Lantern7 said:

I think if that was his name, it was spelled differently.

I was sitting here thinking that in the US we must be used to the Spanish spelling and not the Portuguese.   PS, Poor Arun.  

• Love 1
Just now, iMonrey said:

So they both get to paint together? And all they have to do is fill in the lines? WAY too easy.

Yeah, but they still have another roadblock before the pit stop, so maybe that one will be harder?