Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Call Me Katzilla

• Start Topic

Another pretty good episode, so that's two in a row now.

Swoosie Kurz definitely gets MVP this episode.  Sheila's character was very well-written this time, and Swoosie didn't miss a beat with her material (her early TV career included working side by side with MTM herself on one of Mary's failed, short-lived variety shows in the late 70s).  Runner up is Carter...this actor does comedy brilliantly, which is to say effortlessly and quite naturally, as well as being able to improve on anything he's given with just his reactions.

The dance-out this episode was slow to build, but wow when they finally started (and this time some slow dancing).

Hats off to the writers and the cast for this episode.  It's all starting to come together for this show, and I look forward to spending a half-hour each week with this crew, no lie.

• Love 9

Oscar and Kat are becoming one of my favorite TV couples.  

And yes, Kat's mother was really good in this episode.  It was the rare episode where she was pitch perfect as able to flirt and be kind about her daughter's career choice.  

I will say that the "person gets so sick just as important event is about to take place" trope still feels weird so close to COVID.  Maybe it's just me but when she sneezed, I found myself yelling at the others "you should be more freaked out!" 

• Love 9

Swoosie was MVP, about time the show gave her more than just crumbs.

Cats were seen so I'm happy.

Max and Randi as roommates should he funny.

Oscar and Kat are a good coupling.

Lastly, little to no breaking of the 4th wall..am I right?

• Love 7

Now this is the kind of episode that's perfect for this show.  The cast all worked well together and looked like they were having a great time.

When the female reporter said she was going to go with "quirky" to describe Kat, I once again was reminded of a BBT episode where Leonard says, "The university prefers quirky" to describe Sheldon.  So I went over to IMDB and guess what?  One of the writers of this episode also wrote that particular BBT episode!  Gotta love it!

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I spent the whole episode thinking about how Max should have had a very difficult time finding a new place to live with an eviction on his record. It would have made more sense to me if Randi had found the 2 bedroom perfect but needed a roommate for the finances. Or that Max found it but needed a roommate to sign the lease because of his eviction. (Which I know is a weird thing to focus on. 🤣)

• Love 5

This episode was so much fun, I had such a great time watching it. I am glad that I stuck it out with this show for its rough start, its really come together. Great episode for Sheila, she really stole the show, being flirty and snarky while also showing a sweet sweet side when she supported Kat's business. I continue to adore Oscar and Kat, very much quirky relationship goals. 

Plus, we got multiple cat sightings! 

• Love 4