Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Getting Her Sexy Back

• Start Topic

OMG more of the same formula.  Putting 4 very large ladies in one-time weird "fitness" situations where they can be mocked & laughed at.  Note how much time the camera devoted to showing all the people staring at the pool a few weeks ago.  Well I'm sure the camera crew added to the display LOL.  I wonder if Tina & Ashley regret getting involved in this thing.  I used to be obese a long time ago so maybe I'm just being a tad touchy.  

• Love 3

I think it's all about ratings.    The ladies in a swim aerobics class would be more boring than an outrageous barbaric workout thing.    I'm thoroughly enjoying this show!   And I like the ladies,  (though Vanessa is waaay over the top)  I'm rooting for all of them.   

• Love 3

Was that a roll of TP in Meghan's oxygen backpack?  Or did my eyes deceive me?

How come every time we see Jon the BF he's laying in bed?  Does this dude have job?  If he did maybe they could move out of Tina's basement. 

If Vanessa makes a scene, Tina should just walk out.  For me personally, just sitting with someone dressed like Vanessa is would be enough reason for me to walk out LOL.  Dignity please!!

• Love 2

I like the three ladies.  Vanessa is too much for this old gal.  

I’m with Snarkastikate, I wouldn’t want to be associated with her not because of her weight but because of her attitude, her way of dress and most of all because of her hair-triggered temper.  No thanks.

The other three are fun yet dignified.  

I wish all of them (yes, Vanessa too) success in their weight loss goals.  Their health depends on it.

21 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

I’m with Snarkastikate, I wouldn’t want to be associated with her not because of her weight but because of her attitude, her way of dress and most of all because of her hair-triggered temper.  No thanks.

The other three are fun yet dignified.  

Totally agree! 

I didn’t watch much of this episode because scenes in sex toy stores are not my thing.  I’m definitely an ‘old’ now because I couldn’t believe it was shown on regular tv lol. No offense to anyone who enjoys that sort of thing, I just feel it’s private and I was cringing at what little I did see. Meghan doesn’t have a sexual problem. She has a self esteem one. Her body is changing, skin is starting to sag and her coping mechanism-junk food-can’t be her comfort anymore.  It’s a lot to process and buying sex toys isn’t the answer. It’ll take time to build her confidence back, and the libido will follow. 

The extreme gym was dumb and irresponsible. Super large bodies should do gentle exercise that doesn’t strain joints. You won’t stick with an exercise plan that feels punishing. Duh. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Pi237 said:

I didn’t watch much of this episode because scenes in sex toy stores are not my thing.  I’m definitely an ‘old’ now because I couldn’t believe it was shown on regular tv lol. No offense to anyone who enjoys that sort of thing, I just feel it’s private and I was cringing at what little I did see. Meghan doesn’t have a sexual problem. She has a self esteem one. Her body is changing, skin is starting to sag and her coping mechanism-junk food-can’t be her comfort anymore.  It’s a lot to process and buying sex toys isn’t the answer. It’ll take time to build her confidence back, and the libido will follow. 

The extreme gym was dumb and irresponsible. Super large bodies should do gentle exercise that doesn’t strain joints. You won’t stick with an exercise plan that feels punishing. Duh. 

Did anyone else get the impression that Megan’s issues with sexuality/self esteem were manufactured for the cameras?

Something about the look in her face….I can’t put my finger on it. I’m thinking she just wants affirmation. 

• Love 2

I agree with all of your posts. I do root for these women and wish them well in their weight loss success. That said, the over the top workout  scenarios isn't entertaining, at least not to me. I find their stories more interesting when they are just being themselves. And I said the same thing about Jazz Jennings in her struggle...just walk. If a person is capable of doing it, get out there and do it. Whether it be outside, on a track (like Meghan and Vanessa did, which was good) or on a treadmill, walking does wonders for the body. Or maybe moving in general with something low impact but something that amps up the metabolism at the same time. I don't know, they are all likable, even Vanessa who I think has a big heart, she's just a little obnoxious. LOL. 

• Love 6

Re walking, the same thing with ordinary chores such as mowing the lawn, shoveling, vacuuming, running errands, etc.  Those things have the collateral effect of being exercise.   But these four are in a vicious cycle because while doing those things would help them lose weight in their current conditions they cannot do them.  Three steps and they have to take a “break.”  There was a teacher on Too Large who had chairs situated all over the school like dominoes.

• Love 2

Vanessa is just truly gross. If I were Tina and Ashley I’d run for the hills every time she talked. Her trying to convey her vast sexual experience to Meghan while at the sex shop was truly cringe. Sis - you’re a big talker but I doubt your starfishing expertise is bringing all the boys to the yard. Puh-lease.

One thing that stood out to me is that both Megan and Vanessa have truly unfortunate fat distribution. Even losing weight is going to be a major issue bc of the way they’re shaped. On the other hand both Tina and Ashley look as if they’d be able to lose weight proportionately. They’d have to deal with loose skin but they don’t have major lymphedema and fatty deposits to deal with. I hope they’re both successful in their weight loss because I really like them so far. So far being the operative words :)

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

Vanessa is just truly gross. If I were Tina and Ashley I’d run for the hills every time she talked. Her trying to convey her vast sexual experience to Meghan while at the sex shop was truly cringe. Sis - you’re a big talker but I doubt your starfishing expertise is bringing all the boys to the yard. Puh-lease.

One thing that stood out to me is that both Megan and Vanessa have truly unfortunate fat distribution. Even losing weight is going to be a major issue bc of the way they’re shaped. On the other hand both Tina and Ashley look as if they’d be able to lose weight proportionately. They’d have to deal with loose skin but they don’t have major lymphedema and fatty deposits to deal with. I hope they’re both successful in their weight loss because I really like them so far. So far being the operative words :)

Yeah Megan looks like she has sand bags crazy glued to her legs and Vannessa looks like she has half a bean bag chair affixed to her lower body. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah Megan looks like she has sand bags crazy glued to her legs and Vannessa looks like she has half a bean bag chair affixed to her lower body. 

Okay, here’s a serious question re:  Vannessa’s shape.  I understand diet and exercise is necessary for her to lose weight but, could she also get some liposuction to jumpstart the process?  Or that CoolSculpting process?  

I look at all that is to behold and I can’t imagine the strenuous effort it would take to simply walk a high school track once around. If some of that fat was siphoned out it might are her movements a bit more manageable.

Is something like that even possible?   Anyone know?

In the moving out bit, with Vannessa's sister, why didn't Vannessa and Megan stress  that sister kept pushing the wrong food, rather than a generalized "you're killing her.?"

I hope her sons are moving too.

(edited)
6 hours ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

Vanessa in that sex shop was like a kid in a candy store.  I don't doubt she'll put that hulking dildo to good use.  She's probably used to having sex all by herself.  And she likes to draw attention to herself by talking loud and I'm like, "Girl, you don't need to say a word to draw attention to yourself.  Your appearance gets you all of the attention you need.  For real, for real!"  I hate loud talkers.  

Jackie reminds me of Julia Robert's if Julia Robert's was a screaming hosebeast!  Take it down a notch for Pete's sake.  It's not like your sister is moving out of the country.  I wonder if she depends on Vanessa for income....from buying and reselling Goodwill items. 

Edited by swankie
Grammar
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

Tina and Ashley are a lot smaller. Megan is quite short and used to be over 500lbs, Vanessa is tall but is in the mid 400s, Tina & Ashley are average height and only in the 300lbs. 100lbs makes a difference even if you’re already obese. 

I too think the fat on Megan’s thighs might be hindering her movements. Maybe she could wear a compression garment to be more comfortable. 

• Love 1
On 2/28/2022 at 10:38 PM, MrBuhBye said:

More sexual harassment.  Imagine if the scene were two men in the smoothie shop and they asked a woman working there if she would strip for them.

I had been meaning to comment on this but I forgot. 

Vanessa really needs to stop. Some sexual jokes between friends in private is fine, sexually harassing someone just trying to do their job at is another. I think Vanessa is really insecure and she does these things because its a way to get attention- any attention is better than being ignored in her mind.

• Love 10

Vanessa really needs to keep most of her thoughts to her self. Like many I enjoy an healthy and adventurous sex life. But the details remain between me and my partner. So tacky what some of the people on these reality shows say and do. 

• Love 7

The fact that both Vannessa & her sister have the same explosive temper makes me think they grew up surrounded by that and came to believe that rage and screaming are acceptable behaviors.

I bet if someone called Vannessa out on her unacceptable behavior she would unleash a screaming torrent of foul language accusing the person of attacking and judging her and not accepting her the way she is. In other words, the problem isn't her behavior, it's her victim's. 

Meghan is right, there is lots of dysfunction here.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Pi237 said:

I have a feeling Vanessa’s sister’s anger is about her money moving out.

Didn't we hear that Vannessa does most of the housework too? Yeah, I feel like the anger is about more than losing her sister.

• Love 3