Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E08: Week 8

Emma Snyder
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Serene, you had a lucky break. You are an exciting vibrant woman. You don't need a sluggard like Clayton in your life.

Someone give her Rodney's phone number.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 16
(edited)
8 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Serene, you had a lucky break. You are an exciting vibrant woman. You don't need a sluggard like Clayton in your life.

Someone give her Rodney's phone number.

Edited since I can’t tell Roland from Rodney  

Serene for Bachelorette?

Edited by DEL901

So WTA. Is that when Jesse finally does something to earn his paycheck? Why did the forum look like it was just another pre cocktail party instead of the usual live show?

Just now, DEL901 said:

Isn’t he her brother?

Serene for Bachelorette?

No that’s Roland. Rodney is the lovable underdog from Michelle’s season who should have been the Bachelor.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

So, who had the weirdest family?

I'm disappointed, I thought they were all pretty nice! Different types, but all pretty decent-seeming people that care about their daughters/granddaughters. I wanted some real crazy 😂

• Love 9
51 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Tony let me down! He's being nice!!!

I think Rachel knows how to play the game.. including warning how “tough” daddy is only for Clayton to feel so triumphant when he wins him over. Clayton seems insecure and needs his ego stroked.. Rachel should teach a Bachelor master class. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I liked Gabby in the post show clip.  I wish they would show more of these normal interactions rather than just all the stupid sob stories when they are being “vulnerable”.  

I thought Gabby looked her best ever in this episode.  But I did not understand her outfit when she met her family.  Her dress was so short and why did she have her coat on all night?  It was like a trench coat…made no sense.  Didn’t realize she had been an NFL cheerleader.

Rachels outfit was not flattering at all when they were kayaking.  I think she & Clayton have the best chemistry. 

I don’t think Serene will be the next bachelorette.  She seems great but I think she is just too much like Michelle.  Mid-west, mixed race, and a teacher.   I think it will be Susie unless she “wins”.   

• Love 4
(edited)

I feel like Clayton was coached not to say I’m falling in love with you to any of the women before hometowns - so that when asked by family members he could keep trotting out how he hasn’t said it to anyone yet. He seems like a nice enough guy but he is not polished enough for this role and you can tell that a lot of his lines have been fed to him because he parrots them back exactly the same constantly. Now that hometowns are out of the way he goes ham on telling all of them he loves them. He’s a people pleaser - which the producers must love in the ease of working with him, but it doesn’t translate well to the finished product. That’s why he seems so robotic. 

Edited by GracieK
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
35 minutes ago, GracieK said:

He’s a people pleaser - which the producers must love in the ease of working with him, but it doesn’t translate well to the finished product. That’s why he seems so robotic. 

I think this is why I have a bit of sympathy for Clayton and don't hate him as much as most seem to. I'm a total people pleaser, and while I'm always working on that, I would still make a TERRIBLE lead on this show! I'd want everyone to like me and I wouldn't want to hurt anyone and it would definitely not go well. I think he's probably a pretty nice guy in real life (and his social media and credit scenes hint at a self-deprecating sense of humor), but it's not translating well. Sadly, I think that's exactly why producers chose him. 

• Love 13

Serene looked gorgeous at the rose ceremony, and her brother is gorgeous as well. I was pretty sure though, that either she or Gabby would be leaving tonight. 

As I get older, I’m less able to tolerate the fakery of this show. We all knew that Gabby saying 20 billion times that she wishes her father could be there meant that her father would show up. Then the ridiculousness of him mutely with the cards. If the dad didn’t want to bring covid to his girlfriend, he still could’ve spoken to Gabby. They were outdoors and far apart, so it was still safe.  And is there any earthly reason that Clayton  couldn’t come outside to say hello?  Especially since the father’s stupid cards said he hoped one day they’d meet? All fake for the sake of “drama.”

Then the other father fakery drama. Rachel is “so terrified” that her father will scare Clayton away. But wouldn’t you know it, Tough Guy Tony is charmed by doofus Clayton. 

Clayton cannot hide his goofy grin whenever one of the women says she loves him. I agree that it’s just a validation to him that he’s a somebody. 

Unlike many others here, I think Clayton is nice-looking. But he’s kind of a wuss. He really did appear to be traumatized on that contraption with Serene, but who knows. To quote Elaine Bennis—-“ fake, fake, fake, fake, fake”

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

I think this is why I have a bit of sympathy for Clayton and don't hate him as much as most seem to. I'm a total people pleaser, and while I'm always working on that, I would still make a TERRIBLE lead on this show! I'd want everyone to like me and I wouldn't want to hurt anyone and it would definitely not go well. I think he's probably a pretty nice guy in real life (and his social media and credit scenes hint at a self-deprecating sense of humor), but it's not translating well. Sadly, I think that's exactly why producers chose him. 

Yes I feel you! I’m a people pleaser too which is why I can spot it..  and I am always trying to work on it too. I’ve gotten better now that I have a daughter and feel less bad about setting boundaries but always a work in process!

• Love 4

Clayton and the women need to have shock collars on and receive a little 'zap' every time they say the word 'like'.  Some (most) of their conversations are painful to listen to. There was one between Susie and Clayton was almost incomprehensible.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11

I know I always snark about this show, but after the fifth day of war coverage, tonight's episode was a welcome distraction.

All of the families were very nice, and I particularly liked Gabby's grandpa, Serene's brother, and Rachel's brunette friend. I do wish someone had given Clayton more of a hard time though just to make him squirm.

I liked that Rachel attempted the reverse Bachelor Handshake with Clayton, and her makeup looked much better than usual - maybe she had it professionally done for the HTD? It looked bad again at the rose ceremony. Speaking of things that looked bad at the rose ceremony, Gabby's dress was the most ill-fitting thing I've seen on this show. Did she not even try it on before she bought it/decided to keep it? I haven't liked any of her clothes this season, but the dress took it to new lows. Also, how is Gabby taken seriously as an ICU nurse with that slurry way of speaking? If I were her boss, I'd have her drug-tested every week. I hope she only puts on this voice for Clayton and uses a normal voice with her colleagues and patients.

49 minutes ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Clayton and the women need to have shock collars on and receive a little 'zap' every time they say the word 'like'.

I wonder what wold happen first, Clayton and the women finally stop saying like, or they get electrocuted from too many shocks.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
(edited)
12 hours ago, GracieK said:

Nailed it.  He’s a decent guy, but inside he is still the fat kid who probably worked hard to be liked.  He got tall and buff and played football, but inside, he still is afraid of upsetting people and feels so flattered and validated when an attractive woman is interested in him.    That’s why he was so thrilled when Cassidy and Shanae went after him so aggressively.   And why he turned on them and Sarah and let them go when he felt deceived.

eta….thinking on this…he moves quickly when he dumps a woman when he feels like he was duped.  He doesn’t want to look foolish (who does?) and sometimes makes things worse. 

Edited by DEL901
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

I originally didn’t think so but how could it be that every single contestant ever on the show felt the need to do that ? They have to be told to do that . 

On the Game of Roses podcast they call the jump the Huju (hug/jump) and rate them as if it were an Olympic event.  The term has been adopted by some of those in the Bachelor world who use the word in their Instagram/TikToks. 

• Useful 5
8 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Clayton and the women need to have shock collars on and receive a little 'zap' every time they say the word 'like'.  Some (most) of their conversations are painful to listen to. There was one between Susie and Clayton was almost incomprehensible.

Think of how much air time is wasting on “like” when we could be seeing funny outages or something else.

• Love 7
(edited)

I felt bad for Rachel having to talk when she clearly had laryngitis. I’m not a fan of Gabby but like the other women and the families seemed nice. I’m not seeing. Clayton as being crazy in love with any of them so it will be interesting to see who he picks. I did think the “Love Actually “ thing with the signs was bizarre. I also asked my 24 year old son if knows anyone who says like so much and he said no, it must be a certain group of young people who need to have like for every third word.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I can't help but wonder if Clay-en dumped Serene because her family's circumstances were much more humble than the other three? That and the fact that he looked like a weenie on his date with her crying and freaking out at the heights challenges.  

9 hours ago, Arkay said:

And is there any earthly reason that Clayton  couldn’t come outside to say hello?  Especially since the father’s stupid cards said he hoped one day they’d meet?

Was Clay-en on the toilet or what? He was right there!

Did Clay!-un's hair get worse looking?

Yes. Like he got a perm before hometowns.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)

The "love actually" posters were so awkward 🥴!  I hate that overly sentimental movie!  I wish they would've had him in a hazmat suit and used messy children's handwriting for the words.  Why didn't he yell from the window of his minivan like a normal dad?!

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Edited since I can’t tell Roland from Rodney  

Serene for Bachelorette?

I never felt any chemistry between Clayton and Serene.  I think this has been one long audition for her.  She would make a fine Bachelorette, especially if Roland comes back to advise her periodically and refresh our eyes.

I also thought that Clayton was a big wuss on all of the dates that involved physical activity, especially Serene's.  I was LOLLing when he nearly wet his pants walking across that rope walk, and it took him forever and he was so dramatic, and then Serene just strolled across it like it was nothing.  I almost think he didn't give her a rose to get back at her for humiliating him!

ETA: Final Rose, I didn't see your post, and we are in agreement!

Edited by Alexander Pope
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Katie111 said:

I liked Gabby in the post show clip.  I wish they would show more of these normal interactions rather than just all the stupid sob stories when they are being “vulnerable”.  

I thought Gabby looked her best ever in this episode.  But I did not understand her outfit when she met her family.  Her dress was so short and why did she have her coat on all night?  It was like a trench coat…made no sense.  Didn’t realize she had been an NFL cheerleader.

Rachels outfit was not flattering at all when they were kayaking.  I think she & Clayton have the best chemistry. 

I don’t think Serene will be the next bachelorette.  She seems great but I think she is just too much like Michelle.  Mid-west, mixed race, and a teacher.   I think it will be Susie unless she “wins”.   

Gabby can't wear a sweater or a coat or a jacket without it half falling off her shoulders which I guess she thinks looks sexy.  It drives me crazy.

Rachel's cheap white tank over a black bra was not a good look.  And her jorts were stumpifying.  But it was really all about the bikini.

Agreed re Serene being a repeat of Michelle in the producer's eyes.  But she was still auditioning.

• Love 4

I agree that the producers will think Serene is too similar to Michelle to case as Bachelorette.  But if she goes to Paradise I would like to make the case for her being able to bring her brother along.  Hey, if Ashley I could bring her sister and Demi was allowed to have her girlfriend from home come on the show, then there are certainly no rules preventing it.  Although I suspect he is too good for this world. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, angelamh66 said:

I agree that the producers will think Serene is too similar to Michelle to case as Bachelorette.  But if she goes to Paradise I would like to make the case for her being able to bring her brother along.  Hey, if Ashley I could bring her sister and Demi was allowed to have her girlfriend from home come on the show, then there are certainly no rules preventing it.  Although I suspect he is too good for this world. 

That would be great! Assuming Roland is single, let’s have a dual sibling Bachelor and Bachelorette season. 30 men, 30 women, what could go wrong?

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

Man, some great genes in Serene's family! She's stunning, her brother is very handsome, and her Mom has such a sweet, pretty smile. 

Yes, I've concluded that Serene has to be one of the most beautiful women in the world!  And Roland--ooh! 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

The "love actually" posters were so awkward 🥴!  I hate that overly sentimental movie!  I wish they would've had him in a hazmat suit and used messy children's handwriting for the words.  Why didn't he yell from the window of his minivan like a normal dad?!

And why in the world did he have one card that read, "Dad"? Like she wouldn't recognize her own father?!? Clearly the producers wanted that card in the mix so we, the audience, would know who he was. It was damn obvious without the card, but they must think the viewers are dim.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, DEL901 said:

And while it is clearly too cold during Suzy’s date, is it just me or has Clayton remained covered up a lot more than other Bachelors. 

17 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Clayton has borderline moobs.

Clayton is possibly the least attractive Bachelor they've had. Even worse, he is dull as dirt.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
15 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

That "honor" still goes to Ben Flapjack IMO.

Agreed, Chocolatine! And what made Flapjack even worse was he inexplicably thought of himself as some handsome great catch. At least Clayton has the good sense to be insecure. 

Edited by Blintzie
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Blintzie said:

Agreed, Chocolatine! And what made Flapjack even worse was he inexplicably thought of himself as some handsome great catch. At least Clayton has the good sense to be insecure. 

Ben was also an ugly person, warning women to “tread lightly”.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, OldWiseOne said:

Clayton is possibly the least attractive Bachelor they've had. Even worse, he is dull as dirt.

I don’t find him bad looking; but dull, absolutely. 

Rachel: we are going in a clear-bottomed kayak

Clayton: oh, is that so we can see what’s underneath?

To me, that is a question not to be asked by anyone past the age of five. He just cannot make conversation.

Serene: I’m in love with you

Clayton: There it is!!!

Etcetera. He just doesn’t know how to respond to things. With the one exception of telling Sarah she was fake crying; he always sounds to me like a supreme dunce.

I know she doesn’t look like her, but for some reason Rachel reminds me of Renee Zellweger. I don’t know why.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, Amy Beth said:

Has Rachel always sounded so hoarse?

I seriously hate when she does that baby whispering thing, which she did on their first date . How can such an intelligent woman be such. Space cadet? Ugh

1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

Dog food prince !!!🤢

• Love 3
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

Dog food prince !!!🤢

1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Gabby just gives me Meg Tilly vibes

She needs to stop with the jackets falling off. I really dont like her she is soooooo needy. Rachel irritates me a lot but for me gabby is unbearable and i feel like no matter who the bachelor was she would be in space cadet love 😂

• Love 3
(edited)

Anyone else surprised the show missed out on a sob story being that Gabby is an ICU? Nurse during Covid ? I thought for sure that would be her story but alas , we got the mom who doesn’t love her . 

Edited by Jax7917
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Clayton lacks confidence and is dull. Most Bachelors get a little confidence boost (or too much of one) being selected. Clayton doesn't seem like he did. I think this whole situation is overwhelming him so much he doesn't know what to say or how to act. He's easily swayed by a pretty face that is more forward with him. 

I've sat through most seasons of the show and this one is the absolute dullest ever. I just want it to end! 

• Love 4
(edited)

That was definitely an episode of some sort. 

I actually did enjoy Grandpa Joe(?) and Dad Tony. He asked some frankly reasonable questions, and for once, I thought Clayton gave a real answer - when asked how he would avoid hurting Rachel / the other women, he actually said people will get hurt. He's completely right (assuming anyone has any actual feelings this season), and I liked that he didn't just BS it. More of that, Clayton.

The rest...meh. 

Rachel does seem in it for the win, more than anything. She was none too pleased with not getting the first rose at the ceremony though.

Trigger warning on that spider from hell though, please.

Random notes, I love how Gabby, attractive as she is, looks...normal. Like she's living her life, and isn't sprayed, teased and polished to a shiny sheen. And that last clip with her is what this show needs more of. Why this show feels uncomfortable allowing non-Shanae like personalities to shine is something I'll never understand. 

Can't wait for the absolute whiplash of this episode's love fest to the one where Clayton gets broken. Maybe he means by Tony or Grandpa. 

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, Arkay said:

That would be great! Assuming Roland is single, let’s have a dual sibling Bachelor and Bachelorette season. 30 men, 30 women, what could go wrong?

And one contestant falls in love with both of the siblings.

4 hours ago, OldWiseOne said:

Well, I find dirt less dull than Clayton.

14 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

Anyone else surprised the show missed out on a sob story being that Gabby is an ICU? Nurse during Covid ? I thought for sure that would be her story but alas , we got the mom who doesn’t love her . 

It would have been interesting and educational to hear some of her stories and not shallow at all.

Thus, TPTB couldn’t allow that!

Edited by Stats Queen
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

And one contestant falls in love with both of the siblings.

Well, I find dirt less dull than Clayton.

It would have been interesting and educational to hear some of her stories and not shallow at all.

Thus, TPTB couldn’t allow that!

I must be alone in my cringe hearing Gabby talk and slur and Rachel whisper. I absolutely could NOT sit through any long talks by Gabby, she to me is very peculiar, and maybe its her desperation and her neediness, she soooo wants love with not Cay!un but anyone. I just dont get it. Rachel, another very desparate and needy one, but I like her. Susie I didnt care for until last nite and I truly beleive she deserves way better. Serene is very beautiful and I liked how she gave him the cold shoulder at the end. sadly, shell probably forgive him at WTA, but she is stunning. I do wish we could set her up with Rodney :)

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Recyclorette said:

Yes, I've concluded that Serene has to be one of the most beautiful women in the world!  And Roland--ooh! 

Serene is gorgeous but her head is very big for her body.  From some angles she looks like a bobble head.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

Serene is gorgeous but her head is very big for her body.  From some angles she looks like a bobble head.

I noticed that too. At first I thought she must be very short and petite (like 4'11"), but when she stood next to Rachel at the rose ceremony, she looked a few inches taller than Rachel (assuming they were both wearing shoes with equally high heels), so Serene's probably more like 5'4" or 5'5", which is the average height for American women.

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

Really? I just can't see that.  I wonder if she could appear that way because she's so thin.  Clothing-wise, she looks very petite to me.  I'll have to take another look during replays.

On 2/28/2022 at 6:50 PM, Jax7917 said:

I’m usually rough on these people but why so many comments about Rachel’s voice ? She has laryngitis lol that’s not her natural voice . You should hear me when I’m losing my voice . Tough crowd ! Lol 

LOL, it was REALLY obvious when the editors spliced an early statement from her with a current (laryngitis) statement. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Serene didn't seem that broken  up to leave for being so in love. She dodged a bullet.

I like Susie's date and family the best. Her dad, the date. I don't know if I want her to win or not. lol. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

I must be alone in my cringe hearing Gabby talk and slur and Rachel whisper. I absolutely could NOT sit through any long talks by Gabby, she to me is very peculiar, and maybe its her desperation and her neediness, she soooo wants love with not Cay!un but anyone. I just dont get it. Rachel, another very desparate and needy one, but I like her. Susie I didnt care for until last nite and I truly beleive she deserves way better. Serene is very beautiful and I liked how she gave him the cold shoulder at the end. sadly, shell probably forgive him at WTA, but she is stunning. I do wish we could set her up with Rodney :)

Her voice drives me insane. It reminds me of the breathy navigation voice in my husband’s car. It sounds intentionally sexy. We always make fun of it, but it’s much more tolerable in small doses while delivering directions! And does she not know how to pronounce the letter “t”? Why is she calling him, “Clay-un”?

“She’s always been a dingbat.” Bwhahaha! Sterling endorsement from grandpa!

I almost spit out my coffee. Right on Grandpa!

I knew Serene was out. They didn’t have any chemistry. I’m not spoiled so this is only speculation. I think the final two are Rachel and Susie and Rachel will be the one he chooses. 

Did Clay!-un's hair get worse lookin

He needs a hair makeover. There’s not a lot to work with either. He looks like he’ll be balding in a few years. And his underbite is distracting me. 

Did anyone else notice in the preview when he mentions how difficult the decision is, he’s broken, etc., there’s a smirk on his face?

I wonder which two women he was “intimate with” and if the other one said no, so she’s out. 

• Love 3

Gabby's way of speaking reminds me of Crystal from Ari's season. I think that's way I can't find her genuine and sweet, because Crystal was a mess and her voice was so annoying. There's no way they aren't putting on those porn star voices.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Ben was also an ugly person, warning women to “tread lightly”.  

Uck. Flapjack was so deluded. Confidence is fine, but arrogance? Not so much.

Clayton is just so boring. Serene dodged a bullet and so will anyone else who doesn't "win". 

• Love 2
On 3/1/2022 at 12:55 AM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Their electric bill per episode would have dropped noticeably after Sarah left.

• LOL 6