Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: The Marshes

• Start Topic

That was brutal.  The scenery on the way to Upsalla, just gorgeous.

I wonder where they filmed the marshes because the coast line is very different in the actual location now.

Edmund makes my teeth grind.  He is so annoying somebody is bound to kill him for that alone.

It makes perfect sense that Harald and Leif can walk around London just like that. After over a hundred years of inter mingling you would expect no less.

• Love 3

So, why were they trying a stealth mission, carrying multiple torches in the dark? smh

Leif appears to be getting more intrigued by new religion.

I thought the scene when the woman accosted Leif and Harald at the bridge was pretty funny. Love me some Old and Middle English.

• Love 3
(edited)

I wonder if that older Christian Earl is just an idiot, or if he's actively working with the English?  He seemed too nonchalant about the ambush.

Godwin was smart to kick the shit out of Edmond.  Of course his yes-men wouldn't dare to harm the king too much.  I'm not sure who's more correct at this point - Godwin or Emma.  I guess we'll see how Edmond turns up.

It's terrible that the pilgrims were just hanging out of the river, and this psychotic Christian comes up and starts slaughtering them.  Now it looks to have started a feud with a group of them. 

Edited by peridot
  • Love 1
(edited)

Glad I'm not the only one comparing Edmund to Joffrey on GOT. He seems incapable of ruling and a spoiled brat. 

Was I the only one screaming "It's a trap!!" when they started off through the marshes? The torches seemed like an odd touch to me, something that would pin point their location for the archers. 

I thought it funny how the King's soldiers were letting him win. It is good Godwin showed him how bad he is. 

Historically the Christian's were brutal. A lot of the traditions we have in the West are actually rebranded Pagan festivals. Which explains Christmas trees and Easter Bunnies. The Christians had to play politics to get the Pagan's to convert.

Edited by LadyIrony
  • Love 1