Type keyword(s) to search

S29.E20: Benedict Cumberbatch, RuPaul, DisyEdgar-Jones, Diane Morgan

• Start Topic

Bummer, this was the last new episode of the season; the next two are compilations.

Interesting that all the Covid restrictions in Britain were lifted, but the guests are still in their own chairs.

I know Diane Morgan from Ricky Gervais's Netflix series After Life, which wasn't mentioned at all.

Sorry, Bandycakes Cambridgebook, but I was underwhelmed by Power of the Dog. The acting was good, and the production was gorgeous, but Phil's story left me cold. It seemed a weaker iteration of Brokeback Mountain.

Madonna being a fan of only Madonna doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

• Useful 1
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I know Diane Morgan from Ricky Gervais's Netflix series After Life, which wasn't mentioned at all.

I imdb'ed her because I knew her from somewhere.

The acting was good, and the production was gorgeous, but Phil's story left me cold.

I hope so, Phil was a huge asshole.  Peter's story was triumphant.

It seemed a weaker iteration of Brokeback Mountain.

Brokeback Mountain was a love story, albeit a sad one, but a love story nonetheless.  The Power of The Dog is not a love story.

(edited)
16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Interesting that all the Covid restrictions in Britain were lifted, but the guests are still in their own chairs.

In some ways I prefer that; there were instances in the past where you could clearly see people trying to pack in like sardines. On the other hand, you couldn't have spontaneous moments and whatnot. If I recall correctly, there was the time Meyl Streep kissed Mark Ruffalo. I'm sure there are other examples but that one stood out (also, Mark's adorable reaction).

Edited by A.Ham
  • Love 1
On 3/7/2022 at 6:40 AM, A.Ham said:

In some ways I prefer that; there were instances in the past where you could clearly see people trying to pack in like sardines. On the other hand, you couldn't have spontaneous moments and whatnot. If I recall correctly, there was the time Meyl Streep kissed Mark Ruffalo. I'm sure there are other examples but that one stood out (also, Mark's adorable reaction).

The episode with Paloma Faith, Bill Murray, Hugh Bonneville, and Matt Damon would have been quite different without the couch.  (The entire show is a standout for me.)  Oh no . . . I feel myself falling down the rabbit hole.

Edited by Leeds
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Absolutely love that episode !

It's so telling when Matt Damon says, "This is the best time I've ever had on a talk show."  (Or words to that effect.)

• Love 1