Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Danner

• Start Topic

Wow, I was not expecting that long of a diversion. I did love how Culp finally had to interrupt again when Danner got into the intricacies of making a good deviled egg.

I didn't recognize Fred Savage at all.  BTW, this might turn out to be nothing, but his character, the TV producer Vaughn, had a poster of "Legal Beagle" in his home, which Xavier starred in. And they never could pin the wife's murder on him. But I don't think Vaughn had motive or esp opportunity to kill Xavier at the afterparty, and especially not without being seen. They already showed the panic room wasn't occupied.

One thing that stuck with me from internet discussions of the "Captain Marvel" movie was that Black women don't typically keep the same hairstyle for six years, so I liked that Danner had completely different hairstyles in 2008, 2014, and 2022.

• Love 4

Are there 10 episodes of The Afterparty (like most Apple TV shows)?  This one felt a little bit like filler.  

After thinking about your post, I think Arc might be onto something.  Maybe there is an additional panic room where Fred Savage’s character hid after killing Xavier.  Jennifer 2 saw him, and he dragged her inside to keep her from talking.  

Edited by Phebemarie
6 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I was wondering if Fred Savage or the Wardrobe Lady killed the wife.

Me too. Tatiana seemed very slender and I was trying to see if the murderer's physique seemed more like hers or Fred Savage's. 

Both Xavier's killer and the wife's killer wore wigs. (I don't recall any long-haired blonde suspects so I have been trying to figure out a connection to Daryl Hall.) Danner mentioned the wig in reaction to a comment about the timing of the wife opening the door. The most obvious answer seems like it would be the doorbell but that doesn't seem to apply to Xavier. Is timing a piece of the Xavier puzzle?

I wish this episode had been more hilarious. The best one was really Yasper's. It's been much lower key since then. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Phebemarie said:

Are there 10 episodes of The Afterparty (like most Apple TV shows)?  This one felt a little bit like filler.  

There's only eight! See y'all next week for the big reveal! I hope.

On 2/25/2022 at 10:15 PM, SomeTameGazelle said:

Me too. Tatiana seemed very slender and I was trying to see if the murderer's physique seemed more like hers or Fred Savage's. 

Both Xavier's killer and the wife's killer wore wigs. (I don't recall any long-haired blonde suspects so I have been trying to figure out a connection to Daryl Hall.) Danner mentioned the wig in reaction to a comment about the timing of the wife opening the door. The most obvious answer seems like it would be the doorbell but that doesn't seem to apply to Xavier. Is timing a piece of the Xavier puzzle?

I wish this episode had been more hilarious. The best one was really Yasper's. It's been much lower key since then. 

I too wish we had gotten the reveal of who the wife's killer was.  I'm still assuming it was the husband and that the wife recognised him.  I can't recall if it was said whether the wife ever dropped by the husband's show or was even familiar with the costume lady.

I love Tiffany Haddish so I loved this episode which focused on her character.  I thought it was great in her distinctive style, I loved the way she was all excited about the egg cooker and devilled eggs.

Will be interesting to see what happens when her old nemesis shows up in the final episode.  At this point, I'm pretty stumped on who is the killer.  At this point it could be anybody, except I don't think the show would make it be either Aniq or Zoe since those two seem to be the main characters.

• Like 1