Whimsy
  • Start Topic

CBS bio

Name: Daniel Strunk
Hometown: Cincinnati, OH
Current Residence: New Haven, CT

Favorite Hobbies: Movie fanatic, LEGOs, keeping track of things, and SURVIVOR

Words to Describe You: Ebullient, driven

Pet Peeve: People who are so convinced they are right that they foreclose debate; people who are disruptive in movie theaters; when people try to talk to you even though you are wearing headphones; oatmeal raisin cookies masquerading as chocolate chip cookies.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I wrote in my journal a personal philosophy on what I think the purpose of life is, influenced by my battle with cancer, my religion and my ideological beliefs.

What is something we would never know from looking at you? I collect signed pocket U.S. Constitutions. Among others, I have one signed by Chief Justice Roberts, Justice Thomas, Justice Alito, Justice Sotomayor, and the former U.S. ambassador to Estonia.

Who is your hero and why? George Washington, for being one of the few to ever resist power of that magnitude. Roddie Edmonds, for putting his life on the line to do what was right.

Which past Survivor will you play the game most like? In order for me to win, I will need to lower my threat level from the get-go. The most natural way is to embrace my inner goofy, like Fabio. And then, obviously the winners I would model my game after are Yul and Todd.

Why do you believe you can be the Sole Survivor? I truthfully think the odds are against me. It is all going to be a matter of threat management. I’m going to leave it all on the table. I will play my heart out because it will probably be the one shot I get – I’ve been waiting years, and I want no regrets. I can’t promise you I will win, but I can promise you I will have fun and make the most of this opportunity. Cancer survivors don’t go anything less than full throttle.

image.jpeg.ece3ae933249549737d15d9426cbbb53.jpeg

Listening to the Rob Has a Podcast interview with Daniel. He is kind of delusional.  He says that his "I am not drawing rocks" was a message to his allies that he was going to keep them safe and not meant to be backing out of the game of chicken with Hai.

He said medical told him he needed to be careful with his shoulder because of the range of motion issues so he couldn't do challenges. Spear fishing was ok because of the range of motion. He also says that the spear fishing was meant to show he wasn't scheming because he was fishing so they could trust him. He wasn't running around the beach, he was out fishing because he trusted them.

Dude recorded the number of minutes he listened to RHAP for god sake.

• Love 3

Here's the EW interview with Daniel.  I think even Dalton was kind of exasperated interviewing him.

https://ew.com/tv/survivor-42-daniel-strunk-interview/

-He believes he should have targeted Chanelle at the Jenny vote instead, and felt her risking her vote (and thus losing it) was a betrayal of the alliance with him.  Because both agreed if they went out to the summit they wouldn't risk their vote.  I can't blame him for being mad at her there.  Chanelle doing that really screwed her alliance over. 

-He mentions Chanelle has gotten a lot of hate over her decision to risk her vote.  I haven't been following along so I don't know if that's true, or if they are misinterpreting people saying she made a stupid and selfish decision as hate.

-He just engaged and says he'll probably invite Zach and Mike to his bachelor party weekend.  

-I think the internet trolls have gotten to him.  He keeps bringing up getting hate, and says he hasn't watched the show in two weeks.  

-He also brings up the Jenny vote (about going to rocks) and why he could spear fish, as was mentioned above

• Love 2
(edited)

I like him a lot less after listening to him on RHAP - I think even Rob was a little, "whoa, okay."  Daniel mentioned how he wanted to buy some Lego toy for Rob's boys (who he mentioned by name) after he won the game, kept interrupting Rob to Dan-'splain his gameplay, and ended the interview by basically telling Rob he'd spill more tea once Rob invites him back on the podcast.  Daniel gave me strong Rick Devens vibes (I wasn't a fan), with even a little bit of Dan Foley (most definitely NOT a fan) in how he seemed to believe that he was the shining star of the season, and everything he did had a reason and "I'm so much smarter and savvier than these other people, let me explain so you can keep up with me," etc.  Bye Daniel.

EDIT:  I made it halfway through his EW interview before I couldn't stand it anymore.  Delusional is right.

Also: "This interview has been edited for length and clarity."  Hahahaha

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I listened to Daniel's exit interview with Gordon Holmes and his word association is just stupid. I just don't like this dude. Awful player and just not an interesting person overall. He is just in a weird place.

• Love 1