Brianna Cameron (Young Ella)
T. Shyvonne Stewart (Ruthie)
Claudia Robinson (Ella)
Christopher Daftsios (Drink Man)
the-equalizer-210-harry-mel-1014x570.jpg
the-equalizer-210-vi-1014x570.jpg
the-equalizer-210-robyn-jessie-party-380

• Love 3

The guy playing Roger Nardoni is also Charles Fane on Gilded Age! So, I guess rich douche is gonna be his niche. 

What a fun episode! Jada and Latifah play well off each other. 

I would watch a Charlie's Angels cast with those three women. 

Edited by rollacoaster
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

A heist episode!

It was fun to see Robyn having to work with someone who was her opposite! In more ways than one; Jada is so petite, especially next to Latifah. Jessie/Jada brought a different sort of energy; not something we need every week, but it's nice to shake things up occasionally.

Nice to see Mel in on the action and undercover here, too. That was a nice outfit on her in the art gallery.

I thought the B-plot with Delilah and her friend was handled well; not as heavy-handed as I thought it was going to be.

Everyone looked great as usual, but there weren't any real fashion standouts to me, besides Mel's undercover dress and coat. I wanted to like the sweater Robyn wore in her closing scene more, but the hanging strings made it a fashion 'don't' for me.

• Love 7

I love how this show weaves social issues and gives them voice on a CBS show. The heist was fun and the chemistry was awesome.

I was a bit put off at first that they burned the guy's house down but then I could see why they did it. As long as no one really got hurt, I guess.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Cress said:

I'm not sure I understood the note on the back of the painting. Ella signed it? She painted it when a kid?

Since the painting was a gift to her mom, I think her dad let Ella sign the present and present it to her. It just makes the owning of the painting seem more personal, and not done as an investment, hoping that the painting will increase in value. As did Ella touching the painting with her hand at the end, which is a big no-no for great works of art.  Also it proves that the story about what happened to the little girl was true.

• Love 10

Enjoyed the epi and the chemistry with Jada Pinkett Smith.  It's always nice to see Mel doing her undercover thing and taking part in the action.

I liked that the show brought some attention to history that actually happened.

I did like Delilah's storyline and how it was handled.

• Love 6

Found myself at one point thinking about how Queen Latifah played a love interest for Will Smith (the character) on Fresh Prince and Jada Pinkett Smith is married to Will Smith (the actor).  I missed some of the beginning so not clear how Robin met up with the Client of the Week (CotW?). Glad Delilah keeps maturing, and her storyline wove in with the theme of the main plot, but I thought it ended abruptly.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, rollacoaster said:

The guy playing Roger Nardoni is also Charles Fane on Gilded Age! So, I guess rich douche is gonna be his niche. 

Ha! I was wondering why he looked so familiar.  Also, he seemed so much taller here.  Latifah is a tall woman, and he had several inches on her. 

Jada Pinkett Smith was a fun addition, I wouldn't mind seeing her as a recurring character.  

I wasn't a fan of the case of the week plot, but I still got teary at the end.  

• Love 5

I guess that I'm the party pooper here; I wasn't really enjoying this episode.  The case of the week was interesting, the Delilah side story was ok (and she wasn't annoying) but I didn't like the Jada Pinkett Smith character.   The concept of Robyn having to enlist the aid of a Master Art/Jewel thief was fine but I didn't like the "crazy" in Jessie.   "Chaos" may work for Jessie - it didn't work for me.   There was also too much jabbering back and forth between Robyn and Jessie and I was watching and saying to my TV "Shut up already and get the heist on!"  Sheesh.  

Loved, loved, loved Mel's "Rich" look and Robyn & Jessie's evening gowns.   And whoever does the makeup on this show does a great job.  When the ladies have to look every day they look great, and when they have to get glammed up, yowza!   the NCIS and Dick Wolf shows should take notice.  

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

There were a lot of references to Bishop. I wonder if they are going to recast the role. I hope they do; I liked the character, if not the actor playing him.

Bishop now lives on Maris Island. The show will be better off introducing a new high level CIA contact. Like someone old-school circa Zero Dark Thirty

Edited by paigow
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, 12catcrazy said:

I guess that I'm the party pooper here; I wasn't really enjoying this episode.  The case of the week was interesting, the Delilah side story was ok (and she wasn't annoying) but I didn't like the Jada Pinkett Smith character.   The concept of Robyn having to enlist the aid of a Master Art/Jewel thief was fine but I didn't like the "crazy" in Jessie.   "Chaos" may work for Jessie - it didn't work for me.   There was also too much jabbering back and forth between Robyn and Jessie and I was watching and saying to my TV "Shut up already and get the heist on!"  Sheesh.  

Loved, loved, loved Mel's "Rich" look and Robyn & Jessie's evening gowns.   And whoever does the makeup on this show does a great job.  When the ladies have to look every day they look great, and when they have to get glammed up, yowza!   the NCIS and Dick Wolf shows should take notice.  

Not just you. For me this episode was a chore to slog through, redeemed by the final 2 minutes.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Since the painting was a gift to her mom, I think her dad let Ella sign the present and present it to her.

Okay that makes more sense to me. It definitely looked like a professionally painted portrait. Really sad story.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Cress said:

It definitely looked like a professionally painted portrait.

They said it was a commissioned portrait by [insert famous painter], and was now worth a lot of money; that's why Rich Jerk and his family had it in their collection.

• Love 7

I'm not generally a fan of arson, but I think in this case it was symmetrical payback for the firebombing of the house the painting was originally stolen from. Since the guy was clearly unremorseful for his family's part in it, I was fine with having him suffer a consequence.

• Love 9

I'm pretty sure in the Media thread there's at least one article that might address how the Bishop issue will be handled.

The one thing about this epi I found odd was the fact that both Robyn and Jessie were touching this and that and not wearing gloves.  So no one was going to ask about fingerprints?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, milkyaqua said:

I'm pretty sure in the Media thread there's at least one article that might address how the Bishop issue will be handled.

The one thing about this epi I found odd was the fact that both Robyn and Jessie were touching this and that and not wearing gloves.  So no one was going to ask about fingerprints?

It is just going to be dropped, just like the people who maintain the Vault are not going to try to figure out who breached their impenetrable facility and retaliate for ruining their spotless reputation.

• Love 5

So the old lady in the hospital is Ella, she was the little girl in the beginning scenes.  Her mom, Ruth, is the woman in the portrait.  The dad commissioned the portrait of his wife, it was signed on the back "To Ruthie something something" and Ella added her name.  Ruth died in the Tulsa Massacre.  Ella survived.  She wanted to see the portrait of her mom one last time before she died.  I think that's how it went?

I thought this was a great episode.  Jada Pinkett Smith was fantastic.  I'd love if she were to be a recurring character on this show.  I really enjoyed the banter between the two and I do think she realised that her selfishness at getting Marie Antoinette's earrings cost the family the painting.  That's why she came back to help Robyn (love that she calls her "Robbie" and that Robyn hates it!) and Mel.  With Chris Noth gone, that frees up some salary, they can afford to pay Jada.

I didn't mind the diminished roles for Dante and Harry in this episode.

I do have to wonder if there are any consequences to Robyn and Jessie for burning the guy's house down.  Or is it ok because he is a money laundering criminal?

• Love 6
17 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

I was thinking about Jessie with her shaved head to make it less likely to leave hair at a crime scene where as the CIA had scrubbed all records of Robyn

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Raja said:

I was thinking about Jessie with her shaved head to make it less likely to leave hair at a crime scene 

Facilitates wig usage.. and significant change when discarded

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, cameron said:

Was Jada Pinkett Smith wearing a wig in this episode to simulate a shaved head?

You mean a bald cap? No, she already had a shaved head; and she has been open about having alopecia.

keanu-reeves-priyanka-chopra-the-matrix-premiere-san-francisco-13.jpg

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Trini said:

You mean a bald cap? No, she already had a shaved head; and she has been open about having alopecia.

keanu-reeves-priyanka-chopra-the-matrix-premiere-san-francisco-13.jpg

Thanks for the answer.  Will look up her condition.

On 2/27/2022 at 10:27 PM, AnimeMania said:

Taking a handful of ball bearings and throwing them down a hallway, then running as fast as you can down that hallway would have been the funniest episode of "Jackass" ever made.

It was how Gina Gershon's character was taken out of play in “Showgirls.”

I liked seeing JPS but the character was a bit annoying.  The heist was fun, though.

So the 107-year old woman is on her deathbed and it's imperative that Robin hurry up and get the picture to her.

And once she finally grabs the picture, she stops off with Jesse to have a drink first? Huh? 🤨