Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: All My Life, My Heart Has Yearned for a Thing I Cannot Name

juno
  • Start Topic

Season Finale: All My Life, My Heart Has Yearned for a Thing I Cannot Name

As the show goes on, fragments of memories collide with the present and future.

Airing on Sunday February 27

I don't know much about addiction but Rue going from where she was to where she is at the end seems unbelievable.  I am glad she said goodbye to Jules.  I don't think they are great for each other

Nate is going to regret what he did to Cal.  I'm practical so my first thought was...where is the money going to come from?  Cal does have a business but does Nate have the skills to run it?  Does Aaron?  If Nate does try to run it, he can't go away to school.  He seems destined for the life, his parents have...STUCK

Cassie is YIKES.  

Edited by dmc
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, meligator said:

I was expecting more from Laurie.  It looks like the wrapped the rest of the school year. 

Probably wise since it may be a while before we see these characters again (they also conveniently killed off one of the characters whose actor ages the most visibly).

I loved the scene with Rue and Lexi (which was a literal 'scene' as well).

• Love 4

Fez and Lexi, both forced to look after others, both with their only sibling off the rails.

I really hope Faye gets Fez off the hook for Ash killing Custer.

In the last episode Nate said Cal recorded all of his encounters. I wonder if the usb had Cal assaulting Nate on it, and his nightmare was actually his repressed memories, and that’s why he turned him in.

Last thing before I go, and I’m probably the only viewer who would notice this (bc I’m obsessed); Fez’ grandmother’s apartment has a Frigidaire Flaire oven/stove like Samantha had on Bewitched. I wonder if the apartment is a set or if it is a real apartment, because it’s pretty damn cool.

• Love 3

Okay, I just watched the episode and wow...

The Lexi and Fez calling each other flashbacks were so wonderful, how they talk about their dreams and hopes and how Lexi points out how what they have in common is their empathy, sense of humor, curiosity (and they both want kids, she says in a joking way but it's true). And how if Fez likes a girl he wants to peel every layer, get to know her on a deeper level. Lexi still doesn't know what happened to Fez and will she be there for him to support him when she finds out? Stand by me, right?

Fez had hopes for himself and now his future seems to be gone and he is traumatized and he lost his brother. And he possibly will go jail. While Ash was the one who dug the knife into Custer's neck, Fez did the final blow and he has to live with that fact because I don't think it is something he wanted to do but he had to do something to protect Ash and he was going to pin it all on himself and if they went to the hospital people would be asking questions and how do you get out of it? I think Ash was scared and he did not listen to Fez and now he is dead. How will Fez ever recover from all of this? It is going to take a long time to heal. I hope he won't stay in jail long.

The Rue and Lexi flashbacks, how Rue told Lexi she liked her play and I assume that Rue read Lexi's play before the play came out? And they would hang out. And I assume the other Rue/Lexi flashback was from earlier, and how they were talking about their dads and how they feel and how Rue went to comfort Lexi. I hope their friendship returns.

Rue and Jules had a small talk and it looks like they have forgiven each other? They will probably find their way back together again.

And wow, Cassie nearly ruined Lexi's play but Lexi and her cast picked it up again. (edited)

Cassie and Maddy fought and Nate got Cal arrested.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 3

I liked the non-play scenes better.  I do not believe Rue really feels bad about anything she’s done.  I find her quite manipulative.  

I loved Elliot’s song.  I would have liked to have seen more of him and Jules this season. 

I wish people would just ignore Cassie and her theatrics.  She conjures a meltdown and the crowd freaks out. Lol  So, she and Nate didn’t last long. It looks like they are setting up a Nate redemption…..just no.  

What a heartbreak with Fez.  Ash was not long for this world though.  A sad casualty of drug culture.  I’m not sure how he could have escaped it.  The only way Fez may escape is witness protection program. 

Do they intend to move the timeline up to put most of the cast in college?  With some of the cast members…..they need to consider this.  Without makeup….they are looking closer to 30 than 17 years old.   

So, this is the end with them for me.  I’m done after two seasons.  I was sad there was no Ali in this episode.  I would rather have seen the 6 months that Rue was clean and trying to be a good person.  But, that’s ok. I’m not interested in this show enough to watch a third season.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1

There were moving scenes but the play could have ended after the gay locker room musical number from the previous episode.

Audience loved all of it but the play delved into some personal relationships which are meaningful mainly to the limited social circle around the show’s characters?

For instance, Lexi and Rue bonding over the loss of their fathers, while moving would not mean much to most of the students at the school.  The uses these scenes as exposition to show aspects of these relationships, kind of little scenes forming snapshots of the backstories of some of these characters.

However it seems they wanted to stuff a lot into this finale, wrap up some arcs, like Nate and Cal and Fez and Ash.

It hints at major changes in the lives of many characters but are the stories going to change?  For instance the play was cathartic for Rue and her walking away from Jules is suppose to signal a change, a sign that she has the hope Ali said she needs, because she had said she didn’t plan to be around long.  But does that mean Rue’s life will be a lot less chaotic and melodramatic than it has been?  Somehow I don’t think we will stop seeing crazy things on this show.

Or Nate’s situation, has he closed a chapter in his life by getting Cal arrested?  He was talking about taking over the business but on the way over to confront his father, he was loading a gun while driving like a lunatic.  Even if nobody cares that Cal had sex with underage teens and led a secret life, what does he know about running a business?  Or that it would necessarily be his company to run?

They showed Fez as this wise young man, the drug dealer dropping truths.  But he obviously failed in raising Ash, got him involved in a business which led to a tragic end.  He himself should have found a way out of that life.  His backstory was colorful but kind of a cop out, to say he was locked into this fate, beyond his control.  They certainly didn’t show him trying to find another path.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, aghst said:

There were moving scenes but the play could have ended after the gay locker room musical number from the previous episode.

Audience loved all of it but the play delved into some personal relationships which are meaningful mainly to the limited social circle around the show’s characters?

For instance, Lexi and Rue bonding over the loss of their fathers, while moving would not mean much to most of the students at the school.  The uses these scenes as exposition to show aspects of these relationships, kind of little scenes forming snapshots of the backstories of some of these characters.

However it seems they wanted to stuff a lot into this finale, wrap up some arcs, like Nate and Cal and Fez and Ash.

It hints at major changes in the lives of many characters but are the stories going to change?  For instance the play was cathartic for Rue and her walking away from Jules is suppose to signal a change, a sign that she has the hope Ali said she needs, because she had said she didn’t plan to be around long.  But does that mean Rue’s life will be a lot less chaotic and melodramatic than it has been?  Somehow I don’t think we will stop seeing crazy things on this show.

Or Nate’s situation, has he closed a chapter in his life by getting Cal arrested?  He was talking about taking over the business but on the way over to confront his father, he was loading a gun while driving like a lunatic.  Even if nobody cares that Cal had sex with underage teens and led a secret life, what does he know about running a business?  Or that it would necessarily be his company to run?

They showed Fez as this wise young man, the drug dealer dropping truths.  But he obviously failed in raising Ash, got him involved in a business which led to a tragic end.  He himself should have found a way out of that life.  His backstory was colorful but kind of a cop out, to say he was locked into this fate, beyond his control.  They certainly didn’t show him trying to find another path.

I thought Cal was arrested for filming sex without consent not underage sex.  I think Jules lied about her age and her part was given back to her.  The police don’t know he had sex with a minor.  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daniellecitron/2014/05/15/nonconsensual-taping-of-sex-partners-is-a-crime/?sh=67293ee26ce0

I think Nate was considering this all along hence his rush to give Jules the tape back. Cal is committing assault but even he seems upset when he finds out Jules is a minor.  Not that it matters, because sex a minor is still a crime even if the minor lies about their age.

If Cal has been doing this since Nate was 11, Law enforcement could give him a count per instance on those tapes.  Nate probably sent him to jail for the rest of his life.  Unless he get some sort of a plea deal, but since it’s on tape I doubt the DA will give him one. 

Edited by dmc
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Crazy season finale.

Fez needed to just let Ash go down for this. Ash is out of control and on a dangerous path for someone so young. Juvi would do him some good and his sentence would not have been as harsh considering he is a minor. Fez did him no favors by not allowing the FBI to just arrest him. He ended up dead instead.

Honestly, Lexi deserved Cassie blowing up on her. Cassie is definitely off her rocker and I do not see her as the "good guy" but she didn't deserve her life to be displayed to a room full of her peers, peers parents, and possibly some strangers. Lexi was wrong for this play.

I do NOT believe for one second that Rue has really changed. If she has, the euphoria writers are going to have to figure out something else to do with her character. Because as of the first 2 seasons her entire character revolved around Drugs and Jules. And now both of those are gone. 

I screamed when Maddy slapped Cassie and ran her into that brick wall. I had been waiting for this. Loved how Maddy told Cassie "This is just the beginning." Referring to Cassie's comment about Nate dumping her. Maddy looked satisfied that it will be Cassie going through the emotional rollercoaster that is a relationship with Nate instead of herself. Almost like that will be better punishment to Cassie than any ass whooping Maddy could give her for her betrayal. 

• Love 10

I just can't with rue getting away so far with stealing from the drug dealer. Maybe they come back to it next season but it's just hard to swallow. And totally agree she hasn't changed.  She even admitted, forget how she said it, she was off drugs not because of much of a desire to quit but she just didn't have the opportunity.  

His song was quite good. 

The play going on over two episodes was too much. Should have kept it to one episode. 

Fez......feel bad for him.  Ash was nuts. No stopping it should have just left the house.  

Cal f**** him deserves what he gets. Hope he goes to jail a long time and totally think he was screwing kids not just adults.  Why would you video all of them?  

Cassie and maddy......Maddys 'this is just the beginning' I think applies to the he'll she and Nate will both put her through. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

I just can't with rue getting away so far with stealing from the drug dealer. Maybe they come back to it next season but it's just hard to swallow. And totally agree she hasn't changed.  She even admitted, forget how she said it, she was off drugs not because of much of a desire to quit but she just didn't have the opportunity.  

His song was quite good. 

The play going on over two episodes was too much. Should have kept it to one episode. 

Fez......feel bad for him.  Ash was nuts. No stopping it should have just left the house.  

Cal f**** him deserves what he gets. Hope he goes to jail a long time and totally think he was screwing kids not just adults.  Why would you video all of them?  

Cassie and maddy......Maddys 'this is just the beginning' I think applies to the he'll she and Nate will both put her through. 

The terrifying soft spoken drug dealer was a giant nothing burger.  I don't think you can lose 50K in drugs without any repercussions.

1 hour ago, aghst said:

If Maddy wants to scare Cassie away from Nate, all she had to do was tell her that Nate broke into her room and played Russian Roulette.

Cassie is very into Nate's sadistic side. Sadly, it will probably turn her on even more. Nate will always get bored with someone like her.

I am actually must more interested in the other characters than Rue. I truly hope Rue and Jules are over. There was not enough there in that relationship to anchor the show.

Happy that Cal is in jail.  It almost made me like Nate, even though I feel like, with a father like that, he had no chance to be normal.

Heartbroken about what happened to Ash and Fez.

Will this show get a third season or is this it?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, marshmallows said:

Crazy season finale.

Fez needed to just let Ash go down for this. Ash is out of control and on a dangerous path for someone so young. Juvi would do him some good and his sentence would not have been as harsh considering he is a minor. Fez did him no favors by not allowing the FBI to just arrest him. He ended up dead instead.

Honestly, Lexi deserved Cassie blowing up on her. Cassie is definitely off her rocker and I do not see her as the "good guy" but she didn't deserve her life to be displayed to a room full of her peers, peers parents, and possibly some strangers. Lexi was wrong for this play.

I do NOT believe for one second that Rue has really changed. If she has, the euphoria writers are going to have to figure out something else to do with her character. Because as of the first 2 seasons her entire character revolved around Drugs and Jules. And now both of those are gone. 

I screamed when Maddy slapped Cassie and ran her into that brick wall. I had been waiting for this. Loved how Maddy told Cassie "This is just the beginning." Referring to Cassie's comment about Nate dumping her. Maddy looked satisfied that it will be Cassie going through the emotional rollercoaster that is a relationship with Nate instead of herself. Almost like that will be better punishment to Cassie than any ass whooping Maddy could give her for her betrayal. 

YES. I think it took this for Maddy to realize she doesn't care what happens to Nate or Cassie which finally.

7 minutes ago, qtpye said:

The terrifying soft spoken drug dealer was a giant nothing burger.  I don't think you can lose 50K in drugs without any repercussions.

Cassie is very into Nate's sadistic side. Sadly, it will probably turn her on even more. Nate will always get bored with someone like her.

I am actually must more interested in the other characters than Rue. I truly hope Rue and Jules are over. There was not enough there in that relationship to anchor the show.

Happy that Cal is in jail.  It almost made me like Nate, even though I feel like, with a father like that, he had no chance to be normal.

Heartbroken about what happened to Ash and Fez.

Will this show get a third season or is this it?

I mean Cal is assaulting all the people on those tapes without their knowledge.  But Nate has known about them forever and not said anything.  This was absolutely revenge not him doing the decent thing.

He's now left with one parent who already was like why didn't you get any of your dad's good parts...his family will not be thanking for this. 

Edited by dmc
  • Love 4

That was certainly one hell of a finale, a lot of plots wrapped up and a lot being set up. I hope that Rue stays sober for awhile, it would be interesting to see her get something to do other than drugs and Jules. This season was wild, I will especially miss its amazing soundtrack until we get to the next season. 

Cassie went about it in just about the worst way possible, she wasn't wrong to be upset about Lexi putting all of their baggage out there for everyone to see without even giving her a heads up. I loved the crowd getting super into all of the drama breaking out, like the guy asking if this was a part of the play and Jules just living for the tea being spilled. Cassie might have hated the play, but I thought it was pretty awesome. 

I wish we had just two more episodes to really get into these subplots, especially Fez and Lexi. I really liked the bits we got of them as a couple and I would have liked to see more of them before everything went to hell. Yeah, Ash was doomed the second they got an inkling that the cops were coming, but that's still rough for Fez. I also felt like Kat was really underused, and knowing that there could be backstage drama that led to it just makes it more annoying.

That last scene between Cassie and Maddy, yeah Maddy can already see where things are heading with Nate and Cassie. Should be interesting, especially now that Nate has gotten revenge on his father, and good riddance to him. 

• Love 6

I hope they do a time jump for next season. It would be better and make sense. I’m over the whole high school aspect of it. They could do lots with a few years time jump and have the characters in their 20s living whatever fucked up or good life they are living.

I thought the play was over but it kept going on forever. It went on too long for me.

What was the point with Elliot’s song. He seems like such a waste of a character.

Apparently you can steal from drug dealers and it’s all good. No problem. Lol who is writing this.

I’m not sure how I even feel about this show anymore really. I didn’t hate this episode but meh to a lot of it.

Rue is boring me lately and Rue and Jules couldn’t be a lamer couple if they tried.

Whenever this comes back I may watch but maybe not. Depends how they go about it.

• Love 8
(edited)
19 hours ago, dmc said:

YES. I think it took this for Maddy to realize she doesn't care what happens to Nate or Cassie which finally.

I mean Cal is assaulting all the people on those tapes without their knowledge.  But Nate has known about them forever and not said anything.  This was absolutely revenge not him doing the decent thing.

He's now left with one parent who already was like why didn't you get any of your dad's good parts...his family will not be thanking for this. 

Yes, no one in that family comes from a place of positivity. Nate's mother is also fucked up. She seems to be okay with Cal abusing their children and fucking whoever as long as she got to lead her comfortable life.

I am just happy that Cal gets some comeuppance.

I felt like Zendaya is just over this character. We saw her spiraling out of control and now a handful of months later she is just fine. No addictions issues, no mean drug dealers looking for their money, and a healthy clean break from Jules, who she was supposedly obsessed with.

I am a Zendaya fan but I actually think the show might be better without her (and Jules) at this point. I would love to follow the rest of the characters to the 3rd season (if there is a 3rd season).

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 9

A few questions from this episode:

Why did Nate bring the gun if he knew Cal's arrest was imminent?

Why did Fezco want to take the fall for the murder? It's pretty clear he was going to jail regardless, and now Ash is dead.

What will become of the drug money Rue owes? Will Laurie's place get raided next, which would possibly absolve Rue of the debt?

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, qtpye said:

I felt like Zendaya is just over this character.

The show did what it can do for her. She shed the Good Girl image and she already won the Emmy. I'm assuming she's lazor focused on the Oscar she wants to get for playing Ronnie Spector. I wouldn't be shocked if she steps back as a main character for season 3. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, Marley said:

I hope they do a time jump for next season. It would be better and make sense. I’m over the whole high school aspect of it. They could do lots with a few years time jump and have the characters in their 20s living whatever fucked up or good life they are living.

I thought the play was over but it kept going on forever. It went on too long for me.

What was the point with Elliot’s song. He seems like such a waste of a character.

Apparently you can steal from drug dealers and it’s all good. No problem. Lol who is writing this.

I’m not sure how I even feel about this show anymore really. I didn’t hate this episode but meh to a lot of it.

Rue is boring me lately and Rue and Jules couldn’t be a lamer couple if they tried.

Whenever this comes back I may watch but maybe not. Depends how they go about it.

I agree.  It sucked that Fez is on the ground shot and they go back yet again to Rue and her braids and sweatshirt.  The Rue end was boring and there is no reason to believe that she’s not going to relapse many times over.  She was a serious addict. 

• Love 7
(edited)
On 2/28/2022 at 4:54 PM, tennisgurl said:

That was certainly one hell of a finale, a lot of plots wrapped up and a lot being set up. I hope that Rue stays sober for awhile, it would be interesting to see her get something to do other than drugs and Jules. This season was wild, I will especially miss its amazing soundtrack until we get to the next season. 

I found the finale to be underwhelming.  And the play was really boring.  Other than some cool sets, the play sucked - the material was not interesting.  

18 hours ago, Marley said:

I agree with this.  The Fez stuff was the only interesting part.

Elliott's song was ok, but too long.  I ffwded a lot.

6 hours ago, cmfran said:

Why did Fezco want to take the fall for the murder? It's pretty clear he was going to jail regardless, and now Ash is dead.

What will become of the drug money Rue owes? Will Laurie's place get raided next, which would possibly absolve Rue of the debt?

I didn't understand Fez saying, "I am going away for longer, so I will take the rap.."  Wouldn't it be wise to say "I can't take the rap" ??

I read somewhere that when the big lipped girl was saying "yeah it was Laurie that had him killed, the drug dealer, the one on such and such address," that was a way to tie up that loose end.  But then what was the point of all of that?

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, cmfran said:

My guess was in case Cal got violent, because he seems to be pretty unstable and has roughed up Nate in the past.  I think Fez tried to take the fall because as much as Ash was his brother, he raised him from a toddler, so I think it was almost like trying to protect his own child.

That's the $64,000 question. What in the actual F. I didn't fully understand the danger Rue was in after Laurie shot her up with the morphine until I read in the recaps what that was all about. Holy sh*t. 

I would be okay with Rue somewhat taking a backseat for the development of the other characters. I think they missed the mark with Jules. I don't dislike her but I'm not crazy about her either. I think they spent too much time focused on what she does rather than exploring who she actually is. In an earlier episode they showed her sketching on the floor of her bedroom. I wish they'd developed her more so I'd be interested in her. To me it seemed like the friendship with the other girls came out of nowhere. Also Hunter Schafer appeared to have lost weight since the previous season so her angles made her appearance more sharp and severe. I liked the softer Jules better. I noticed this with a couple other shows like Succession and Yellowstone.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I didn't understand Fez saying, "I am going away for longer, so I will take the rap.."

I read somewhere that when the big lipped girl was saying "yeah it was Laurie that had him killed, the drug dealer, the one on such and such address," that was a way to tie up that loose end.  But then what was the point of all of that?

My guess there is because Fez would be tried as an adult - I think he's supposed to be 19, and Ash was a juvenile at age 12.

I really developed a soft spot for Faye; Fez saved her life and she tried to save his in return. I read the actress works in the adult film industry and is from Lancaster, Pennsylvania. I wonder if she's possibly ex-Amish!

• Useful 1
5 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

My guess there is because Fez would be tried as an adult - I think he's supposed to be 19, and Ash was a juvenile at age 12.

I really developed a soft spot for Faye; Fez saved her life and she tried to save his in return. I read the actress works in the adult film industry and is from Lancaster, Pennsylvania. I wonder if she's possibly ex-Amish!

I just realized I didn't finish my though on my post 😄  I meant to say, why would he take the rap for something he kind of didn't do if he will go away for longer?  He should have said, "hey take the rap and you will be out in a few years."  Ash was the murderer, for the most part.

Zendaya and Hunter Schaffer emerged as the two biggest stars from season 1.

They are the leads more or less.

HBO is only too grateful to have Zendaya on the show, especially if she keeps having big blockbuster movie roles.

So I wouldn't expect their roles to be reduced in season 3 or as long as the show is on the air.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I found the finale to be underwhelming.  And the play was really boring.  Other than some cool sets, the play sucked - the material was not interesting.  

I agree with this.  The Fez stuff was the only interesting part.

Elliott's song was ok, but too long.  I ffwded a lot.

I didn't understand Fez saying, "I am going away for longer, so I will take the rap.."  Wouldn't it be wise to say "I can't take the rap" ??

We definitely didn't need to hear an entire song from Elliott. I've noticed that a lot of shows are starting to do this, and it's irritating. I don't know if it's a situation where the music writers want more publishing (longer song air time = more $), but for the viewer, it's boring.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, cmfran said:

We definitely didn't need to hear an entire song from Elliott. I've noticed that a lot of shows are starting to do this, and it's irritating. I don't know if it's a situation where the music writers want more publishing (longer song air time = more $), but for the viewer, it's boring.

Not only that then he said 'I'm still working on it'.....

Ok then could have cut that in half. My guess is vanity opportunity for the actor to show he can sing.  They do this all the time on the Goldbergs with the older daughter. It's become just a vehicle for Hayley Orsantias singing career which is irritating. I stopped watching. 

• Love 7

A lot of this series was self indulgent tripe.  So many story lines that should've been fleshed out.  All this season was poor Rue, the letter being read like the 1000th time, the never ending play.  Interesting characters were introduced and then discarded.  Stories lines never fully wrapped up.  So disappointed.  Seen better on Lifetime.  

• Love 13
6 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Not only that then he said 'I'm still working on it'.....

Ok then could have cut that in half. My guess is vanity opportunity for the actor to show he can sing.  They do this all the time on the Goldbergs with the older daughter. It's become just a vehicle for Hayley Orsantias singing career which is irritating. I stopped watching. 

Heard that the actor playing Elliot is suppose to be a talented musician.

Well then he should go be a musician because I’m not watching Euphoria to see some guy sing a 3 minute song and Rue make faces the whole time. I’m not even sure why Elliot was added because he added nothing to the show and just wasted air time.

• Love 12
On 3/2/2022 at 8:38 AM, cmfran said:

I mean a lot of shows incorporate music. But this was too long. We did not need the full song.

I like how One Tree Hill incorporated music. They would have Bethany Joy Lenz's character Haley or other bands start the song and sing so you would get to hear the lyrics but then it would flash to other characters and the music/lyrics would match the mood and situations of the other characters. And then the other characters typically also got dialogue and the music would fade out but still be in the background. I thought this is what Euphoria was going to do. If they just wanted to focus on his song, then they should have cut it in half or if it had to be a whole 3-4 minutes, don't put it in your season finale. 

• Love 7
On 3/2/2022 at 3:45 PM, Marley said:

Well then he should go be a musician because I’m not watching Euphoria to see some guy sing a 3 minute song and Rue make faces the whole time. I’m not even sure why Elliot was added because he added nothing to the show and just wasted air time.

Honestly, I thought Elliot was going to be killed off by Laurie and that was going to be Rue's wake-up call.

• LOL 1
39 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

They should have done that.

Agreed would’ve actually gave some purpose to the character instead of him being a big waste of time. 

• Love 3

What is with Elliot's Apple logo tattoo?

Everyone is complaining about the 4 minutes wasted on his guitar number. Maybe if they interspersed the number with footage of

other things going on in that time....

Oh well... Until 2024. I take it that more will binge the show (only 16 eps) between now and S3. The word of mouth on this is amazing. 

May not be as big as GoT or the Sopranos, but way better than other HBO shows like True Blood.

Too hard to tell now if the show will seem "dated" 20 years from now.

Sam Levison... You know what you got on your hands. Don't mess it up like David Chase and those two showrunners of GoT.

• Love 1

I just found out the Apple logo tattoo is what the actor Dominic actually has.

Something to do with a deep family connection, his love of his sister over some  family event.

Not a gimmick.

On 4/20/2022 at 7:57 PM, AWhittle said:

Funny... If you look at the postings here on Season 1 Episode 1, all the comments were that it was a takeoff of Skims, it won't last, and so on.

What are they saying now?

You meant Skins right? I definitely see the similarities, though Euphoria is much darker and smarter and has a much bigger budget. I liked Skins a lot, but it wasn’t quite so dreamlike and non linear. 

• Love 1
On 3/1/2022 at 5:18 PM, heatherchandler said:

I just realized I didn't finish my though on my post 😄  I meant to say, why would he take the rap for something he kind of didn't do if he will go away for longer?  He should have said, "hey take the rap and you will be out in a few years."  Ash was the murderer, for the most part.

Because Fez was going to go away as an accessory or for distribution regardless. In Fez’s mind, no point in BOTH of them going away. If Fez is going to do hard time, first degree murder or not, at least Ash should remain free. Fez was willing to sacrifice himself protect his little brother. But now Ash is dead and he’s still going away. 

I didn’t get the impression that Cal sexually abused Nate, (it was ambiguous from the last episode) from the dialogue during their confrontation it was just a nightmare not a flashback.

On 2/28/2022 at 8:23 AM, dmc said:

I thought Cal was arrested for filming sex without consent not underage sex.  I think Jules lied about her age and her part was given back to her.  The police don’t know he had sex with a minor.  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daniellecitron/2014/05/15/nonconsensual-taping-of-sex-partners-is-a-crime/?sh=67293ee26ce0

I think Nate was considering this all along hence his rush to give Jules the tape back. Cal is committing assault but even he seems upset when he finds out Jules is a minor.  Not that it matters, because sex a minor is still a crime even if the minor lies about their age.

If Cal has been doing this since Nate was 11, Law enforcement could give him a count per instance on those tapes.  Nate probably sent him to jail for the rest of his life.  Unless he get some sort of a plea deal, but since it’s on tape I doubt the DA will give him one. 

I’m sure many of the other people Cal was fucking and filming where minors, he’s guilty of statutory rape and producing child sex abuse material. I think Cal was upset that Jules was a minor because it’s could get him in more trouble, (if Jules actually was 22, it would just be social trouble not legal trouble) not because he had deep moral qualms about having sex with people under 18 or 21. 

Police would have to confirm with the other adult participants that the filming wasn’t consensual, unless they did that, he’s not being arrested for his tapes with obvious adults. 

I can say this show was not exactly designed for binging, but I enjoyed season 1 more than season 2.

Edited to add- I thought it poignant that although Rue considered Jules her first love, she couldn’t be sure because she was high for most of their relationship.

Let’s see what they bring us next year. I have enjoyed reading all of your comments here. 

On 5/30/2022 at 8:46 PM, Semiglued said:

You meant Skins right? I definitely see the similarities, though Euphoria is much darker and smarter and has a much bigger budget. I liked Skins a lot, but it wasn’t quite so dreamlike and non linear. 

Yes…Skins

Now on social media, there is Kaya Scodelario who starred as a main character (Effy) years ago in the original UK version of Skins.

She was actually 14 at the time and she commented on the parallels between her show and watching Euphoria.

https://www.thedigitalfix.com/euphoria/former-skins-actor-watches-euphoria-for-first-time

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/skins-star-kaya-scodelario-calls-090525206.html

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/kaya-scodelario-euphoria-crazy-skins-3277305

https://www.refinery29.com/amp/en-gb/euphoria-compared-to-skins

(Cue: Now everyone will Google Skins UK and run to binge the old show 🤣)

Edited by AWhittle
On 3/2/2022 at 2:36 PM, mytmo said:

A lot of this series was self indulgent tripe.  So many story lines that should've been fleshed out.  All this season was poor Rue, the letter being read like the 1000th time, the never ending play.  Interesting characters were introduced and then discarded.  Stories lines never fully wrapped up.  So disappointed.  Seen better on Lifetime.  

To an extent, a lot of what you are saying bluntly has been covered in many reviews of the season and show in general.

General consensus is very good looking kids, nice wardrobe, color palette, soundtrack. visuals like these long slow motion bike rides

set to music, gratuitous snorting and nudity.

But as for any major plot advancement... A lot of style, but could use more substance.

Everyone (including the Emmys) is looking for a deeper meaning to the show but it is just not there. 

• Love 1