Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Meet the Joes’ Families…

• Start Topic

Charlotte, NC and Gallatin, MO, get some special visitors – the final six ladies! Now that the men have met the ladies’ families, the women will have the chance to meet Kurt and Steven’s loved ones and uncover some more clues about the men. Will these protective parents blow their sons’ million-dollar secret?! Tune in to find out.

Original air date: Feb 24 2022

2 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Hmm...the ladies "families" ??   We still know NOTHING about Carolyn...and I still CARE nothing about Carolyn.

Exactly. And not that I personally care about Carolyn, but still suspicious as to why producers couldn't find a single relative to bring on.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Lol that the Joes can’t go to each other’s hometowns. Seriously, the bromance is the strongest most genuine relationship. It was interesting that Kurt’s hometown was at his brother’s home instead of his parents probably to hide their value. Can smug Carolyn go like Sarah did on the Bachelor? 🙏

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 3

There’s a random mural of a guy and they assume Kurt made a huge-ass mural of himself on his building?!?  Lol!

Why are there so many different facades in this one room of Steve’s house?! They can use some of Kurt’s expertise.

• Love 1

“What do you think of the home and being domesticated?” She’s talking about you being a housewife—but she very easily could have been talking about this pet raccoon! I don’t think a single one of these woman would like to be “domesticated” on this farm—love or money aside.

• Love 5

The one with the allergies just needs to step back from Steven unless she is head over heels, because no amount of money will stop her misery.  

When I was a kid, I wanted a pet raccoon so bad.   But then I grew up and understood they were wild animals that should be allowed to live free.   And those dead heads…nope?   Not going to tell someone to drop a legal hobby, but not going to live with stuffed corpses. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, DEL901 said:

The one with the allergies just needs to step back from Steven unless she is head over heels, because no amount of money will stop her misery.  

Unfortunately she's the one Steven likes most. He should be with Calah and they can combine their family farming empires, but she's more into Kurt than Steven.

This was kind of anticlimatic for me. I wanted to hear more about Kurt's old girlfriends and how they were like Carolyn and how that's bad. 

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 4

Honestly this show is getting boring. I feel like the "who IS the millionaire" aspect is tired and to be honest, the fun part of the original show was that Evan really was a construction guy with at best a middle class income. After meeting the families, the women have to know neither family is poor. 

I really hope, after hearing the "my in laws" remark, that Carolyn does end up booted, but I do wonder if the worse punishment for her is knowing she picked the wrong guy.

The "you can't be wearing Rolexes!" remark is amusing, as was the whole thing about the expensive trucks but....if these people are really down on the farm sorts who drop what they're doing to go out and tend the heifer, they wouldn't be wearing a Rolex.

• Love 2

I’m not a fan of The Kurt and his manbun. I think he’s a space cadet on the personal side, although successful in business. 

Carolyn is such a phony. I’d like to know where she got her license to to do psychotherapy (on Kurt). What a drag--I hope he finally sees that. She’s an egomaniac and needs to go. Kurt’s Mom knows she’s the one he's lusting after and is doing her best to warn him. He’s too old and has too much at stake to keep repeating mistakes like this.

You could tell on the farm which women would not be a good fit. I like Steven (certainly more than I do Kurt). But I do not see Annie toiling in the farm life, including because of her many allergies (which I also have). I like the other two ladies he highlighted, Calah and Amber. Calah works as a project manager; I could see that skill, for example, helping with the endless tasks on a working farm, large family business, and with children. Strong stomach, strong physically,  willing to live with trophy animal heads = extra points. Amber is a realtor, I bet she could size up that property and lifestyle in a flash. 

Did they say "one of them has $10 million, and the other...does not"? What if Kurt is richer than $10 million? 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 3

One challenge for any woman ending up with Steven is the fact that she would be expected to move to a small town with limited job opportunities except the family business where she’d be the newcomer.  

I agree that they have to get things moving…the only interesting part left is seeing Carolyn’s face when she finds out Kurt isn’t rich.  

• Love 1

I read somewhere that Carolyn's family couldn't quarantine for the required 7 days. They may not be able to afford to take off a week to quarantine - plus travel to the mansion.

Kurt's mother was very perceptive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Tuneful said:

Did they say "one of them has $10 million, and the other...does not"? What if Kurt is richer than $10 million? 

I think it was determined a few weeks back that Kurt's not rich. What we've learned since then is that Amanda is rich and has more than 10 million. Also, I think Calah mentioned in the first episode that her family has a Texas cattle ranch. I see the 4 Sixes went for $347 million last year (sold to Taylor Sheridan, which explains why half the Yellowstone episodes last season were set there). Calah's family could be really loaded too.

• Useful 1
On 2/21/2022 at 4:27 AM, MsTree said:

Exactly. And not that I personally care about Carolyn, but still suspicious as to why producers couldn't find a single relative to bring on.

She posted on Twitter that her family couldn’t do the 7 day quarantine, and those that could didn’t want to be on tv. And all her other friends were “busy having babies”. She also posted a pic of her ex and I get why she zeroed in on Kurt from day 1.

It still seems sus to me, but I can sort of understand it. If I were to ever be on reality tv, I’m not sure any of my family would want to be on tv, either. 

11 hours ago, WescottF1 said:

Carolyn just referred to Kurt's parents as her "in-laws".  Whooboy...

Not the first time, either. If she were 20, it may be cute/quirky. At 30, it just makes her look delusional. 

11 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

This was kind of anticlimatic for me. I wanted to hear more about Kurt's old girlfriends and how they were like Carolyn and how that's bad. 

Me too. After seeing that exchange in the preview last week, I was a bit let down that we didn’t get more. 

Did nobody warn these girls that they weren’t going directly to the guys houses or are they all just that clueless? Sports bras/yoga pants to a construction site and dresses to a farm. I know one was wearing jeans, but I still found it a tad cringey. To be fair, most didn’t seem to care about getting their hands dirty, but still 🤷‍♀️

I would 100% just watch a show with Martin. His interlude after the women had left the manor was probably my favorite part. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I think Kurt has more money than he is letting on-that was a huge contract he had for that medical building.  Also, they went to his brother's house and not his parents' just like Steven (not parents' home).  He may not be as wealthy as Steven but he has a healthy income.  

Loved the scenes of Martin's days off.  I do like that this show definitely has a sense of humor and I really like the bro millionaire aspect of this show!

How come these producers could find two successful leads when the Bachelor struggles to find anyone who is employed and not seeking to just be a "social influencer"?  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

I think Kurt has more money than he is letting on-that was a huge contract he had for that medical building.  Also, they went to his brother's house and not his parents' just like Steven (not parents' home).  He may not be as wealthy as Steven but he has a healthy income.  

Loved the scenes of Martin's days off.  I do like that this show definitely has a sense of humor and I really like the bro millionaire aspect of this show!

How come these producers could find two successful leads when the Bachelor struggles to find anyone who is employed and not seeking to just be a "social influencer"?  

I kind of assumed they found an open construction site and got permission to film there. Same with lucking out with finding a random mural that sort of looked like Kurt if you squinted and leading the ladies to believe this means he owns the building—and commissioned a 50-foot fresco of himself like he’s a Renaissance patron?!?! Hilarious!!! They showed a quick clip of Kurt in his apartment and said they can’t go there because it’s so small they’d know he’s not rich so they went to his parents’ house. They were trying to fake tableaus to make him seem richer—just like they were taking away things from Steven’s environment. Steven said that was his house but they were pretending it was his parents’. That was the strangest “house.” It really looked like a barn that had a couple of trailers added to it. The kitchen was absolutely wild with the green cabinets, a few different types of brick walls, including one brick arch that went off to an area labeled Cafe, and then another wall off to the side that was just cinderblock. When Annie (or someone) was sitting on the couch talking to dad, we saw the back side of a decorative sign that still had the $3 price tag on it. I don’t think ANYONE would walk into that “house” and think, “Wow! Someone filthy rich lives here!” It was large as a converted barn with added trailers or whatever—maybe old converted stalls—would be. But I don’t think the Missouri real estate market is so hot that I can imagine it’s worth more than a few hundred thousand dollars at most. Of course the property is another story—and I’m guessing that’s where the $10M valuation comes into play with the value of the cattle and the car washes, etc, added in. I doubt this man has $10M liquid. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I was hoping that next week's twist would either be 1) two girls are eliminated since no one went home this week or 2) the girls pick who gets sent home. I think it will be tricky for girls to pick Kurt when they know that he is too dumb to escape from whatever hold Carolyn has on him. And, if he doesn't pick her, it's obvious that Amanda is right up there. Even his family understands that is a huge weakness of his. I just wish he would have listened to his mother! I am glad that Carolyn at least mentioned that she had a son, so maybe his parents could tell him that he is not ready for an instant family.  They really needed to have found someone who is not so obvious. Steve has his favorites, but seems open to most of them. I didn't see who he was talking about when he said they had nothing common next week, so that will be an easy elimination. 

And I still think that Kurt has money, too.

I, too, am looking forward to next week and a couple of women having to get off of the fence.  Callah and Whitney seem to waver between the two men so they will finally have to make decisions.  Even though it may be obvious that Kurt is way into Carolyn, I don't see anyone picking Steven as a default.  Maybe someone will self-eliminate?  

I actually think that Amber would fit in well with Steven's family and life.  She seems to be opening up a bit.  It was interesting to watch the women interact with the families.  In some instances they really opened up.

And, I loved Steven's comment that even though Kurt had the big city life to show the women, he had a young calf and that nothing can complete with young animals.  I was like "yep, you're right..."

If The Bachelor can be two hours long during which we only hear about being vulnerable, the journey, and falling in love, why can't this be two hours when there is so much happening in every episode (comparatively).

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Even though it may be obvious that Kurt is way into Carolyn, I don't see anyone picking Steven as a default.  Maybe someone will self-eliminate?  

I actually wish they would mostly pick Steven and make it clear to Kurt that Steven is being chosen because Kurt has made it clear he's choosing Carolyn

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

For blahblahblah reasons, I moved from a busy, sophisticated metropolis to a farm about ten miles outside a Missouri town with the same population as Steven's.

My advice to any of the women hoping to snag Steven:  run.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, candall said:

For blahblahblah reasons, I moved from a busy, sophisticated metropolis to a farm about ten miles outside a Missouri town with the same population as Steven's.

My advice to any of the women hoping to snag Steven:  run.

I grew up in a town smaller than the one nearest Steven. I wouldn't say "run" but I would say "be very aware that there will always be people who view you as an outsider". Steven has set up some resentment already by saying he doesn't want to marry any local girls because they know he has money. I also hope Amber has asked some questions about how the local community feels about mixed race relationships. 

• Useful 3

Interesting that neither set of parents hosted the visits. Steven's was of course at his home though the ladies didn't know that. and Kurt's was at his brother's. As some others have mentioned, I think it is possible that Kurt has a few million dollars at least. After all, having a million dollars these days isn't all that unusual. Also his shoe box sized apartment doesn't really mean much as if he works a lot and has no need for more space, why bother?

Loved Martin's staycation. He is a gem.

I really hope Kurt ends up with Amanda, but I don't know if he is smart enough to see through Carolyn, Indications are so far that he isn't. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I really hope Kurt ends up with Amanda, but I don't know if he is smart enough to see through Carolyn, Indications are so far that he isn't. 

100% this.

Although I keep thinking that Carolyn is really the main source of tension/drama from this season. The producers can't be anxious for Kurt to cut her loose and I wonder how much that is playing into things.

• Love 2

Talk about assumptions being made here when the show is heavily edited and we don't know the whole story. In this day and age no one wears watches so that was a created situation for the show. 

From what we have learned the farm is just where Steven lives. I'm sure he travels quite a bit to manage and oversee his other businesses. You have certainly stereotyped many from people in Missouri are racist to Steven doesn't have liquid cash because he's living in a converted barn. I actually liked it. And I'll take the racoon any day over people who take these shows too seriously and act as if they have a vested interest.

• Love 3

I think that most of the women (and maybe even most people in general) think that because one is rich, all they do is spend, travel, etc.  The reality is that most people who are wealthy (self-made not inherited) work very for the money and are rich because they don't spend their money (it's like how historically people could tell the difference between old wealth and new wealth-those newly wealthy showed off their wealth).  Amanda's family (mother) stated that they are wealthy but they don't live the wealthy lifestyle.  Therefore, the women who may be interested in Steven because they think he is wealthy may have a misperception about what that actually means and how they would actually live if married to him.  His family probably buys nice cars and watches (and, yes, many people do still wear watches) which are still practical (i.e. they need cars and watches) but not completely wasteful purchases.

When I was younger I would have loved the farm life-but that's just me and I don't see a lot of interest in that type of life among these contestants.  But, even if Kurt and Steven end up with nobody (or better still, with each other) it does seem like this show is fun versus the Bachelor which just seems boring.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, tessa said:

I'm sure he travels quite a bit to manage and oversee his other businesses.

I mean, he says he doesn't travel and he specifically went on the show because he knows all the local girls too well. If he's jetting about to his other properties, why couldn't he also travel to find a lady?

2 hours ago, tessa said:

You have certainly stereotyped many from people in Missouri are racist

I've been to Missouri - there's definetely a higher count of racists than in say, San Francisco (which does not lack racists btw). I have expressed concern that Amber, the lone African American left on the show, might feel really isolated in a small, homogenously white town in Missouri, married into the local wealthy white family and I don't feel I am expressing a ridiculous concern. STeven's *family* may be super on the topic of race - they're also well insulated by wealth so the locals aren't likely to get in their faces. Thats how it is in small towns. I've lived in small rural towns. No one is going to burn a cross on Steven's lawn.... but that doesn't mean Amber would be welcomed into the local activities and thats something she needs to consider. 

2 hours ago, tessa said:

Steven doesn't have liquid cash because he's living in a converted barn.

I think he doesn't have liquid cash because his money is tied up in land. First, that doesn't mean he's not wealthy, it just means he can't plonk down 10 million on a table. Thats not unusual. Second, the "converted barn" actually looked like recent construction styled to look like a converted barn and it looks like a nice house.

2 hours ago, tessa said:

And I'll take the racoon any day over people who take these shows too seriously and act as if they have a vested interest.

Raccoons are wild animals. Even if raised by hand, they don't do well after they become adults. They bite and scratch and they aren't house broken. I was raised "country" and one of the first lessons, along with "deer taste good" is that "wild animals are wild, they aren't pets so don't bring them home". As for taking a vested interest, I am sure none of these people will ever speak to each other after this show ends because reality dating shows rarely lead to happy marriages. But that doesn't mean keeping a raccoon as a pet is smart. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I also noticed the LARGE price tag on the back of the decorative object on Steven’s table. Is that really his home or a site they dressed to look like a country home? 

The Rolex watches all looked the same. My guess is they were fakes brought out just for that scene.

I’m thinking the raccoon might have been staged too.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, tessa said:

Talk about assumptions being made here when the show is heavily edited and we don't know the whole story. In this day and age no one wears watches so that was a created situation for the show. 

Ha - just before I came to this site I ordered a solar powered watch to replace the one I have worn for 10 years or so. I also have several other watches that I wear depending on what I am wearing at any given time. For me my watch  is another piece of jewelry. Many people wear Apple and such type watches to track their steps, heart rate, etc. Still a watch. Most people I know still wear watches of some sort. Those that don't like my husband don't because their cell phone is pretty much surgically attached to them. That will never be me, and I love my watches.

My prediction is that Kurt will choose Carolyn, and they will split within a few months. Same with which ever woman Steven choose because none of the current contestants are cut out for country/small town life. I hope that the show then brings both Steve and Kurt back for a second season, as their relationship is more real and entertaining than any that the guys have with the women. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Ha - just before I came to this site I ordered a solar powered watch to replace the one I have worn for 10 years or so. I also have several other watches that I wear depending on what I am wearing at any given time. For me my watch  is another piece of jewelry

If I had a Rolex I would wear it. I also wear a wristwatch because I never got in the habit of checking the time on my phone. 

• Love 2

But, even if Kurt and Steven end up with nobody (or better still, with each other) it does seem like this show is fun versus the Bachelor which just seems boring.

Agreed! I am enjoying this much more than the Bachelor. I think I just hate watch the Bachelor now.

• Love 3
On 2/24/2022 at 10:53 PM, Tuneful said:

But I do not see Annie toiling in the farm life, including because of her many allergies (which I also have).

LOL that was so relatable. 

Calah and Whitney are so obsessed with the money; it is all they think, dream, and talk about.  I have no idea why these men are so obsessed with them.

I think Annie, Amber actually like Steve.
I think Amanda, Caroline (obviously) actually like Kurt.

The rest are just digging for gold and I never use that phrase.  If they're THIS far along and they don't know which guy they're into, that says it all really.  They're just waiting for the cash.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Jules1 said:

Agreed! I am enjoying this much more than the Bachelor. I think I just hate watch the Bachelor now.

Definitely enjoying this much more than the Bachelor, especially since I haven't watched the Bachelor since Chris' exit...and have zero interest of ever seeing it again.

On 2/24/2022 at 8:02 PM, dizzyd said:

Lol that the Joes can’t go to each other’s hometowns. Seriously, the bromance is the strongest most genuine relationship. It was interesting that Kurt’s hometown was at his brother’s home instead of his parents probably to hide their value. Can smug Carolyn go like Sarah did on the Bachelor? 🙏

Definitely enjoying the bromance.  Great job in picking the leads.  Maybe they can go on TAR in the future.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 2/25/2022 at 9:02 AM, seacliffsal said:

Right. I find the "one rich and one not rich" to not matter because it's not like Kurt is poor. He clearly has money and makes a good living. If they want to go with the money aspect of the show, it should be that one guy is rich and one is poor, otherwise.. who cares?

• Useful 2

Callah and Amber were the big surprises this week with how great they presented to the families.  Callah seems like a nice match for Steven but I agree that she likes Kurt better.  Kurt's wasted all his time on little dog face so he doesn't seem to really know Callah.  It was interesting how much she had in common with his Mom, but he hadn't shared any of those details with her.  Kind of confirms that the contestants for the most part talk about nothing of substance.

Whitney seemed to go from a favorite to losing favor from both guys.  

Annie was my favorite for Steven but after seeing her with his family, she doesn't fit in.  

Steven is confusing to me.  He's so well spoken, articulate and a good conversationalist.  Did he go to college?  He seems to fit in with his family as much as he doesn't.  He seems to embrace presenting as this kind of hick, small town guy but then he wanted to tell Annie's Dad that he owns many businesses, travels and he can live anywhere.  So which is it?  I guess you can be both?

On 2/25/2022 at 9:58 AM, JenE4 said:

That was the strangest “house.” It really looked like a barn that had a couple of trailers added to it. The kitchen was absolutely wild with the green cabinets, a few different types of brick walls, including one brick arch that went off to an area labeled Cafe, and then another wall off to the side that was just cinderblock.

LBH - the house was gross.   

On 2/26/2022 at 8:20 AM, EllaWycliffe said:

Raccoons are wild animals. Even if raised by hand, they don't do well after they become adults. They bite and scratch and they aren't house broken.

Thank you!  I'm a huge animal lover but if someone brought out a pet raccoon I'd run in the other direction.  I will never forget a story on the news about a baby and the family's pet raccoon.  I'll spare the details.  "Pet" monkeys are even more horrifying.  

• Love 2