Type keyword(s) to search

The Girl From Plainville - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Inspired by the true story of Michelle Carter’s unprecedented “texting-suicide” case. Based on the Esquire article of the same name by Jesse Barron, the limited series explores Carter’s relationship with Conrad Roy III and the events that led to his death and, later, her conviction of involuntary manslaughter.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

The Girl From Plainville       March 29, 2022     Hulu

Episodes 1-3      Titles and Description

Spoiler

S01.E01: Star-Crossed Lovers and Things Like That

297a8fed-cf79-480c-b4eb-36df6be00bdc?bas

A teen's death by suicide unearths painful questions for his family and reveals a complicated, mostly virtual relationship with a young woman who may hold the answers.

S01.E02: Turtle

52195517-4d91-440d-85c7-f6b076f0333c?bas

Conrad and Michelle meet in Florida and discover a connection that will follow them back to their respective towns in Massachusetts; Michelle honors Conrad's memory while the police review their text exchanges in the months leading up to his passing.

S01.E03: Never Have I Ever

0729569f-8c5f-4c78-9d40-7892798df8bd?bas

Assistant District Attorney Katie Rayburn is reluctantly enlisted to pursue possible charges against Michelle; Michelle is torn between a new friend and Conrad.

• Useful 1

I feel guilty watching this, having just read the interview w/Conrad's Mom in "People"--the series is just renewing all the trauma for her and the family.

But having read extensively about the case and watched the HBO documentary, I am just morbidly curious. Having two teenage daughters, both of whom have struggled with anxiety and depression, is making it difficult to watch for my own reasons, but I'm fascinated.

Anyone out there watching?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Liamsmom617 said:

I feel guilty watching this, having just read the interview w/Conrad's Mom in "People"--the series is just renewing all the trauma for her and the family.

But having read extensively about the case and watched the HBO documentary, I am just morbidly curious. Having two teenage daughters, both of whom have struggled with anxiety and depression, is making it difficult to watch for my own reasons, but I'm fascinated.

Anyone out there watching?

I'm here! I don't know much about the case other than the verdict. I'm liking it a lot so far, and am interested to see how it unfolds.

• Love 2

I can’t watch it. After reading everything on it over the years it makes me so angry and devasted for that boys mother. That girl got off way too easy. That boys mother has to live forever with the knowledge that not only could that girl have stopped him, she basically bullied him in to killing himself. I hope nothing but the worst life has to offer for her. My fear is this is going to put a “but I did it FOR him not TO him spin on her actions. I hope she can’t ever walk down a street without knowing strangers hate her. Maybe my incredibly stronger reaction is because I have a son, I don’t really know I just hate this girl.

• Love 5
On 3/29/2022 at 12:14 PM, Liamsmom617 said:

I'm having a weird meta PSTD moment with this whole thing. In late 2013, I had a college friend who died of an OD the day after Thanksgiving 2013. It kicked off a series of "bad things come in 3's" events where I had an absolutely horrible period of my life from November 2013 to January 2015. One of my ways that I processed this grief was watching Lea Michelle's rendition of "Make You Feel My Love" and bawling my eyes out, as well as watching Hazel's speech to Augustus in The Fault in Our Stars. It was the end of my 20's and I wouldn't relive that period for anything. People freak about turning 30 but it was an absolute relief when that happened.

So this is hard to watch because I keep thinking about where I was in my life during this time period, but I find it really engrossing. It's also making me think about intense online friendships I had in my teens and twenties and the emotional damage that they put me through. 

Colton Ryan stirs up your paternal/maternal instincts, for real. He was great casting. He's got this loveable quality to him and you want to protect him but you know he's doomed. I do hope the actor gets to play something lighter, though. LOL

• Love 5

I watched the first two episodes because that's all I had time for after binging Bad Vegan all day. I don't know/remember anything more about it than what the synopsis told me. I find Elle Fanning completely convincing as a budding psychopath. I hate her already.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I found this to be a bit slow to start, it's definitely not as engrossing as The Thing About Pam, though I understand that is being done with a bit more comedy while this is more serious. I hope it picks up when the trial comes up, as this was a really sad but fascinating case, especially since it kind of set a new precedent in regards to assisted suicide and accountability for bullying. 

Any one know if there's any good podcasts on this case? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, nomodrama said:

I found this to be a bit slow to start, it's definitely not as engrossing as The Thing About Pam, though I understand that is being done with a bit more comedy while this is more serious. I hope it picks up when the trial comes up, as this was a really sad but fascinating case, especially since it kind of set a new precedent in regards to assisted suicide and accountability for bullying. 

Any one know if there's any good podcasts on this case? 

Stephanie Harlowe did a pretty good deep dive:

She does an incredible good job at capturing the speech patterns of a teenaged girl. LOL

Personally, I think Michelle got addicted to the drama of being in a "relationship" with a suicidal guy and she crafted a movie in her head about overcoming depression...after being motivated to get better by the death of a boyfriend.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 5

That is one creepy little psychopath.  The scene of her at the mirror practicing her tearful speech and song until she has copied the actual grieving girlfriend online was particularly disturbing. Especially at the end when she smiles because she has it down.

Her narcissitic delusions of importance, her fixation on being the center of attention, her inability to have actual emotions just faking it for appearances to fool others, etc -- yep, just a little psychopath.

That poor family (Conrad's).  She has attached herself like a barnicle to them.

Being the mother of a son who had some difficult teenage years with depression I am so grateful no little psycho got her claws into him at his most fragile.  Just the secondary pain of watching this (and the news stories it is based upon) is excruciating.

• Love 7

I knew all about this story from People Magazine and other articles over the years. It’s a very sad story and both of these young people had mental illness. 
This moves slow at times but I will watch the rest of the episodes. 
Elle Fanning is riveting as Michelle. It’s also nice to see Chloe Sevigny again, I haven’t seen her in anything for awhile. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I just finished the first episode and so far and the first half it confused me. I found it difficult to follow.

It seems like 2 mentally unstable people conversing with each other and compounding their mental instability. Now, I'm very much interested in seeing how this turned into a criminal case against Michelle Carter. ON TO THE NEXT EPISODE!

On 3/29/2022 at 2:17 PM, Zima said:

I'm here! I don't know much about the case other than the verdict. I'm liking it a lot so far, and am interested to see how it unfolds.

I don't know much about it either. I just remember the headlines that Michelle Carter encouraged Conrad's suicide and the verdict when it eventually came out. I didn't bother looking at anything or reading about it at the time.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 1

I’m on episode 3.  I’ve followed this story for years.  To me, Michelle is a sociopath.  Probably, also with one or more personality disorders, like Narcissistic Personality Disorder.   She seemed to derive pleasure from receiving sympathy and attention from others.  Imo, she will likely try to harm others in the future, if it suits her purpose.  Her tears don’t impress me.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m on episode 3.  I’ve followed this story for years.  To me, Michelle is a sociopath.  Probably, also with one or more personality disorders, like Narcissistic Personality Disorder.   She seemed to derive pleasure from receiving sympathy and attention from others.  Imo, she will likely try to harm others in the future, if it suits her purpose.  Her tears don’t impress me.  

I agree on the narcissism for sure. Michelle doesn't seem to have any empathy for anyone else, specifically for Conrad's family and friends. When she speaks to Conrad's family and friends, Michelle makes their loss about her. In her mind, her "relationship" with Conrad trumps everyone else's relationship with Conrad, including his parents and siblings. Therefore, everyone's attention should be on her because she's hurting the most, has lost the most, and has suffered the most.

The setup of the show really throws me off. When the detective first received the box of text messages, I actually paused and read what was there. The picture painted of Michelle in those text messages (that were shown) are the opposite of the picture of Michelle that we see after Conrad's death. I find it difficult to connect the dots between the version of Michelle that Conrad interacts with and the version of Michelle that Conrad's family and friends interact with after his death.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

To me, there’s a disconnect too.  I guess it’s difficult to show the progression of the girl he met and the one that caused his death. To me it’s diabolical and the show didn’t want to go there. Why?  She’s a young person that they think can change? Lol Yeah, right.  They touch on it with her mimicking the Glee character, but it hasn’t delved into it enough, so far.  

Is it just me or do they seem to be saying that Michelle really thought that Conrad could only escape his mental anguish by ending his life?

I was also surprised at the portrayal of Conrad and his family.  The parents and grandfather get pretty harsh treatment.  I’ve seen them in real interviews and they seemed much softer and amiable.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I was also surprised at the portrayal of Conrad and his family.  The parents and grandfather get pretty harsh treatment.

I imagine that’s grief that they are showing. Everyone in the family is trying to find a reason why Conrad would do this to himself and looking for something to point to. They cannot comprehend any reason why suicide was an option for Conrad.

• Love 1

I think I heard something about this case but never really sought to know the details but I like Elle Fanning and decided to watch.

I have mixed feelings about films and shows that are heartbreaking real cases and I wonder what the family might be feeling now.

On another note, Elle Fanning looks so much like Michelle Pfiffer, her expressions and how she speaks.

I think the real heinous texts that show that Michelle really was grooming Conrad to kill himself will be highlighted in the show and will show Michelle’s culpability.  I think they’re building up to it. I also think they’re doing a good job in showing how narcissistic she was and where everything is about her and her grief. 

I read a lot about this case since it happened so close to me. I’ve also seen I Love You Now Die on HBO. I think this is doing a good job bringing to life everything that I’ve read and learned. Yes, Conrad already had problems and already tried to kill himslf, but Michelle (as we all know) could’ve encouraged him to get help and/or let someone know he was talking about killing himself. This is the tragedy of this story. Conrad could’ve been saved. 

• Love 8
On 4/2/2022 at 9:04 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Is it just me or do they seem to be saying that Michelle really thought that Conrad could only escape his mental anguish by ending his life?

No, I think they're showing us that Michelle is convincing herself that it's the best option because she wants to be Rachel Berry mourning Finn, or Hazel reading her eulogy to Augustus. She wants to be the star of a tragic YA movie about young love thwarted by death. That's why she's practicing the emotions she's supposed to have for them, and why Michelle doesn't actually meet up with Conrad all that much despite the fact that she could. It's all a fantasy about "being given a forever" in "a number of days", but not actually about a real relationship.

The show is really good at showing how Michelle just cannot connect with people because she's an emotional vampire. The scene where Natalie tries to interject with Michelle when she's deep in some monologue was such a great example of it. Then there's Suzie, who's clearly infatuated with Michelle but you notice that Michelle never asks Suzie anything about herself and she's making Suzie watch her favorite show instead of watching Suzie's favorite show? That aligns with how Michelle would supposedly whine and cry about how she didn't have friends but you see that she treats anyone who tries to be friends with her like crap. You cannot be friends with people if you're constantly whining about how sad and depressed you are while offering zero interest in the lives of the people you're supposedly befriending.

Is Michelle's mother a "stager" in real life? If not, I did like that liberty because the show is really pushing the contrast between the Carters and the Roys. The Carters are WASPY, upper middle class. Everything is about image. The mother is a perfectly put together bleach blonde. Their Colonial suburban house is perfectly put together. It's a stark contrast to the Roys, who are decidedly blue collar, salt-of-the-Earth types.

I did think it was extremely telling that Michelle's mother was treating Lynn like a possible client under the guise of offering her help.

• Love 6

S01.E04: Can't Fight This Feeling

As the threat of legal action mounts, Gail and David hire a lawyer to represent their daughter; Co and Lynn struggle with their pasts and Michelle tries to help Coco settle into a new normal.

April 5, 2022
tgfp_104_sd_03730rt.jpg
tgfp_104_sd_05684rt.jpg
tgfp_104_sd_01924rt.jpg

(edited)
On 4/2/2022 at 9:04 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

To me, there’s a disconnect too.  I guess it’s difficult to show the progression of the girl he met and the one that caused his death. To me it’s diabolical and the show didn’t want to go there. Why?  She’s a young person that they think can change? Lol Yeah, right.  They touch on it with her mimicking the Glee character, but it hasn’t delved into it enough, so far.  

I was also surprised at the portrayal of Conrad and his family.  The parents and grandfather get pretty harsh treatment.  I’ve seen them in real interviews and they seemed much softer and amiable.  

I’m not sure how long this series is going to be but I think they will dive a lot more into Michelle and Conrad’s texts and the progression of them.

I do recall reading online that the elder Roys were abusive (Sr. verbally, Jr. physically). Whether that’s completely true or mostly spin from the defense I’m not sure but there was definitely a police report after Roy Jr. hit his son. Sadly I think this telling of the story could be accurate in that portrayal.

Edited by pigs-in-space
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, pigs-in-space said:

I do recall reading online that the elder Roys were abusive (Sr. verbally, Jr. physically). Whether that’s completely true or mostly spin from the defense I’m not sure but there was definitely a police report after Roy Jr. hit his son. Sadly I think this telling of the story could be accurate in that portrayal.

I believe they showed the police report in the latest episode.

In the show, Grandpa Roy seems to be one of those "suck it up, keep your feelings to yourself" and "men don't have emotions" types.

• Love 5
(edited)

Okay, that Glee fantasy was perfectly done. They nailed it. Michelle's love of that song from being from Glee and not anything Conrad himself loved was perfect, because it shows how Michelle has mentally cast Conrad as Finn.

I was kind of surprised that parents freaking out over their kids being gay is still a thing, especially in a liberal state like Massachusetts. I did think they were pretty obvious about coding Suzie as a lesbian and I figured she was openly gay, so I was surprised at that turn of the events. I think this part of the story is largely fictionalized, although there was a part in the actual story where Michelle tells Conrad about having a crush on a girl she's doing summer camp counseling with. I think this part of the show was to see Michelle getting rejected by a real love interest, therefore pushing her more into the fantasy with Conrad.

The ending where it's just this sun-dappled, perfect YA fantasy while Michelle is getting arrested in the present was great.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed there will be a more extensive reference to The Fault in Our Stars beyond just showing the book in the first opening.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I was kind of surprised that parents freaking out over their kids being gay is still a thing, especially in a liberal state like Massachusetts. I did think they were pretty obvious about coding Suzie as a lesbian and I figured she was openly gay, so I was surprised at that turn of the events. I think this part of the story is largely fictionalized, although there was a part in the actual story where Michelle tells Conrad about having a crush on a girl she's doing summer camp counseling with. I think this part of the show was to see Michelle getting rejected by a real love interest, therefore pushing her more into the fantasy with Conrad.

After watching episode 4, I was beginning to think Suzie may be a fictional character who is based on a combination of several real-life people.

In episode 4, Michelle's little sister says that Michelle was stalking the other two girls that Michelle was hanging out with in the first 3 episodes.  Michelle's sister says that these girls don't like Michelle... so was Michelle hanging out with the other girls real or over exaggerated? Did they only hang out that one time in the hot tub and that was the end of it?

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, AntFTW said:

After watching episode 4, I was beginning Suzie may have been a fictional character who is based on a combination of several real-life people.

In episode 4, Michelle's little sister says that Michelle was stalking the other two girls that Michelle was hanging out with in the first 3 episodes.  Michelle's sister says that these girls don't like Michelle... so was Michelle hanging out with the other girls real or over exaggerated? Did they only hang out that one time in the hot tub and that was the end of it?

I re-watched Stephanie Harlowe's part 2 on  the Michelle Carter case.

I think Suzie is based on two girls that Michelle told Conrad and her "friend" Lexie (who seems to be who Natalie is based on) she had crushes on: Alice, who was on her softball team and she did actually hang out,  and Aly, who was a camp counselor at a camp Michelle volunteered at that Michelle started stalking online.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1

I searched for this thread on the forum and couldn’t find it and just came across it by accident. As the mother of a young man I could really relate when Conrad’s mom told him “If you die, I die.” I feel the same. Michelle was very thirsty for attention and thought she would get lots of friends and notice by being the grieving girlfriend. She doesn’t really view Conrad or Suzie as anything but a prop for her fantasy of being important and noticed. In the episode where she had the baseball fundraiser, she wouldn’t let Conrad’s friend speak or allow pictures that she wasn’t front and center in. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

The song was an REO Speedwagon song from the early 80s.

Yeah, but it's also a reference to the pilot episode of Glee:

6 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

She doesn’t really view Conrad or Suzie as anything but a prop for her fantasy of being important and noticed.

That's what I thought was so brilliant about her Glee fantasy sequence this episode. It's been established that Conrad is a big fan of hip-hop. It's all we hear him listen to. So why would "I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore" remind Michelle of Conrad? It doesn't. It reminds her of Finn on Glee, who Michelle is fantasizing about Conrad being.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I searched for this thread on the forum and couldn’t find it and just came across it by accident. As the mother of a young man I could really relate when Conrad’s mom told him “If you die, I die.” I feel the same. Michelle was very thirsty for attention and thought she would get lots of friends and notice by being the grieving girlfriend. She doesn’t really view Conrad or Suzie as anything but a prop for her fantasy of being important and noticed. In the episode where she had the baseball fundraiser, she wouldn’t let Conrad’s friend speak or allow pictures that she wasn’t front and center in. 

She seems to have a severely low self esteem. She escapes to this Glee-like imaginary world where the world is as she wants it to be and where she feels perfect and like she's enough. From the first episode, she seems to also have her own mental struggles.

It seems like Conrad was another escape from her reality wherein she thinks so lowly of herself, and perhaps the same with Suzie as well. Conrad and Suzie gave her the self-validation that she's unable to give herself. She wants people to love her when she feels unlovable; and wants people to see her as worthy when she feels unworthy. That feeling of being loved and one feels unlovable is powerful. It's like an addictive drug to someone with low self esteem. Michelle texts Suzie all day and night because she's always wants that "high" of feeling loved and wanted because she doesn't feel that about herself internally. She has the fundraiser in her town because most will tend to her and her needs rather than a town where she would just be another random person because she's chasing that high of being seen as worthy and loved.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 5
(edited)

I don’t see it as Michelle feeling unworthy, but entitled.  Her ego tells her that her desires are more important than anyone else’s feelings.  To me, she has no room or time for anything that doesn’t bring her attention.  People like her have an insatiable appetite for attention and control.  People eventually figure them out, unless they get destroyed first.  It reminds me of the Tony Soprano character who would whine to his therapist about how he was a genuinely good person, who was put upon by mean or uncaring people.  Lol. Poor thing.  Eventually, even his therapist saw through his charade.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
(edited)
38 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don’t see it as Michelle feeling unworthy, but entitled.

I think she's needy as a result of low self esteem. She gives me low self esteem vibes that feeds the narcissistic tendencies. She's reaching out to people who don't even like her, according to her sister. It's like she's trying desperately to gain acceptance from anyone.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 4/5/2022 at 12:33 AM, AnimeMania said:

S01.E04: Can't Fight This Feeling

As the threat of legal action mounts, Gail and David hire a lawyer to represent their daughter; Co and Lynn struggle with their pasts and Michelle tries to help Coco settle into a new normal.

April 5, 2022
tgfp_104_sd_03730rt.jpg
tgfp_104_sd_05684rt.jpg
tgfp_104_sd_01924rt.jpg

That singing scene between them seemed odd and entirely too long

Edited by kelslamu
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, kelslamu said:

That singing scene between them seemed odd and entirely too long

I would like to know if the real Michelle Carter had all that Glee stuff going on or if it was made up for the TV show.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

I would like to know if the real Michelle Carter had all that Glee stuff going on or if it was made up for the TV show.

I feel pretty confident that the Glee fantasy is made for TV.

However, I did watch a documentary about this today… kinda… well, I intended on watching it but it ended up moreso playing in the background and me not paying attention very much. The one part I did catch was that Michelle seemed to be a big Glee fan. She would often use lines and quotes from the show in her texts and I think on her social media posts also.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Obviously, the problem exists in that we can't read every single text between Michelle and "Coco", but I don't need to see a high school drama club production of them reenacting every word, either. The Glee crap is SO cringey. We're four episodes in now, and it's well established at this point that Michelle is bananas. Let's move the story along, please.

They could've cut at least one episode full of stuff already. I swear it's like directors are "given" eight (or 10!) episodes and they fill them with useless garbage. For example, I didn't need to see Grandpa Emotional Abuse physically give the keys to the truck to Conrad. We knew it was the grandfather's truck in episode ONE.

I just don't need a mountain of exposition. (Obligatory mention of how "YMMV".)

• Love 6
18 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I feel pretty confident that the Glee fantasy is made for TV.

However, I did watch a documentary about this today… kinda… well, I intended on watching it but it ended up moreso playing in the background and me not paying attention very much. The one part I did catch was that Michelle seemed to be a big Glee fan. She would often use lines and quotes from the show in her texts and I think on her social media posts also.

Yeah, the duet in the street (even if half of it was in her head) was obviously made up but I wouldn't doubt that she had these weird fantasies since it's been shown in this series and, as you mention, in the documentary, that she would quote Glee and seemed to have a bit of an obsession. 

I hate, hate, hate that his nickname was Coco and that the family keeps insisting people call him that.  Besides that, I still feel really badly for Conrad (sorry, Coco), his mom and the rest of his family.  This could've been stopped.  I have zero sympathy for Michelle, even if she does have her own mental problems.  Telling someone to get back in the car to finish off killing themself is just diabolical.

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, Whimsy said:

Yeah, the duet in the street (even if half of it was in her head) was obviously made up but I wouldn't doubt that she had these weird fantasies since it's been shown in this series and, as you mention, in the documentary, that she would quote Glee and seemed to have a bit of an obsession. 

I hate, hate, hate that his nickname was Coco and that the family keeps insisting people call him that.  Besides that, I still feel really badly for Conrad (sorry, Coco), his mom and the rest of his family.  This could've been stopped.  I have zero sympathy for Michelle, even if she does have her own mental problems.  Telling someone to get back in the car to finish off killing themself is just diabolical.

They had so many Conrads in the family they needed nicknames to distinguish one from the other.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Whimsy said:

59 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

They had so many Conrads in the family they needed nicknames to distinguish one from the other.

I think Conrad Jr was "Co", and we know Conrad the 3rd was "Coco."

I get it. It's hard for me to connect the name Conrad with "Coco." If I had to guess someone's real name from the nickname "Coco," I would never get 'Conrad.'

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

I think Conrad Jr was "Co", and we know Conrad the 3rd was "Coco."

I get it. It's hard for me to connect the name Conrad with "Coco." If I had to guess someone's real name from the nickname "Coco," I would never get 'Conrad.'

That is correct, and if there is a Junior there was a Senior, so at least four Conrads.

Fun Fact:  Coco Chanel's real name was Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel.

5 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

I get their reason why, but I still hate it lol. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I absolutely loved the whole sequence, as someone who watched Glee and is just a theater nerd in general. Symbolically, I  loved how it showed that Conrad had become her fantasy Finn Hudson.

• Love 5

I don't like the sympathetic narrative they're building for Michelle, any more than I liked the real-life outcome of this story.

I lived not far from Plainville as a teenager, so that's my primary interest in the show.

Overall it's very watchable.   Chloe Sevigny is perfectly cast.   The father and grandfather are pretty good too.   I can't with Aya Cash because her character in The Boys was so memorable and repulsive, it just bleeds through this character of Rayburn.

My greatest frustration with the show is that Hulu's following Amazon and Netflix and doling out the episodes on a weekly basis.  It's like these services gave us the freedom of bingeing and now they're taking it away and we're powerless.   Hate it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, millennium said:

I can't with Aya Cash because her character in The Boys was so memorable and repulsive, it just bleeds through this character of Rayburn.

Funny that you mentioned that because I literally thought the same. I see her and I can't get past her character on The Boys.

2 hours ago, millennium said:

My greatest frustration with the show is that Hulu's following Amazon and Netflix and doling out the episodes on a weekly basis.  It's like these services gave us the freedom of bingeing and now they're taking it away and we're powerless.   Hate it.

I could be wrong but I thought it was the other way around. I've never known Hulu to drop a full season of a show on one day (that I can recall).

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

I could be wrong but I thought it was the other way around. I've never known Hulu to drop a full season of a show on one day (that I can recall).

Or I could be wrong.   Either way, I'm vexed.

• Love 2