Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E07: Week 7

Emma Snyder
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

The whole Chris de Burgh "Lady in Red" thing shows just how staged all this is.

That designer showed all those beautiful dresses, which Susie looked terrific in, and the red dress just "happened" to be the one that showed up at her door.

Perfectly tailored to fit her exact measurements, height, etc.  A dress like that almost always needs some alterations, even if they did have her exact measurements beforehand.

She did the whole "Oh my gosh, I Never dress like this!!" shriek.  So. Staged.

The gowns she tried on were separate from the shopping trip - a different store.  It made  me wonder if that was a dress that she got to wear for the date, but didn't get to keep.   I recall a season where one contestant got fancy jewelry to wear for a date, and then had to give it back.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I have to admit that I was amazed that “this guy” sounded just like the actual singer. I don’t know why, but I just always assumed that was like Peter Gabriel or some other such singer back in the day. It never dawned on me that it was a one-hit wonder. (Was it?? Did this Chris guy have other hits?) But I also didn’t think they’d fly someone all the way out to Croatia!! I just thought it was like the Paradise Prom where they had a local band perform the 80s hits. I was thinking to myself this Croatian guy sounds just like Peter Gabriel!! But I was wrong on SO MANY accounts!! Add one more: They we’re in Vienna for that date, not Croatia. Oh, well, The Lady in Red guy, whomever he is and wherever they flew him to still sounded just like he did like 40 years ago!!

Me too!  I couldn't believe how much he sounded like the original!  Really embarrassed I didn't realize it was the original. 🙂

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

🙋🏻‍♀️Also thought Lady in Red was sung by Peter Gabriel or someone like that and I’m a HUGE fan of the 80s. I just turned 44 so I am definitely part of the original MTV generation so I usually know those obscure one hit wonder artists. Lady in Red always makes me think of Working Girl 🖤

Edited by GracieK
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I'm disappointed, but not surprised that Clayton and Suzie didn't know who Chris De Burgh is.  I love Lady in Red- such a classic hit! I'm a 33-year-old fan of 80's TV, movies, and music and I exercise exclusively to my collection of 80's exercise VHS tapes.  The music selection and fun red dress combo made my night 😄!

I still remember andy and fergie danced on their honeymooms cruise to this .

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I loved hearing Chris de Burgh, but I am in my late 40s.  That song was a huge hit when I was in junior high school.  I agree with those who pointed out that he would not be known to people in Clayton and Suzie's age demo.

I thought that Suzie shopping in the designer boutique and selecting the red gown was inspired by the film Pretty Woman.  There are two similar sequences in that movie.  In one scene, Richard Gere's character takes Julia Roberts' character to the opera and presents her with a beautiful red gown to wear.  She gets all dressed up and everyone points and whispers as she parades through the hotel lobby in the gown.  Total princess fantasy.

In another sequence of the movie, RIchard Gere takes Julia Roberts shopping on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills and buys her thousands of dollars in designer clothes.

"Pretty Woman" was a massive hit in 1993 and would be well known by the same demographic who remember the 1980's.  It's a fantasy film about how meeting a guy instantly improves the life of a sad, poor Hollywood hooker.  Make of it what you will.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 2

I haven't watched this season much, bits and pieces. Whenever I do tune in, there is always some nastiness going on either between 2 women, or one telling Clayton the wrongs done by some other. It doesn't make me want to follow the rest. I think hometowns are boring anyway. 

I like what Kelly Ripa said on her show Kelly & Ryan this past week about Clayton cancelling a cocktail party due to stress over the women's sniping. 

"If he can't handle a cocktail party, he can't handle it when your kids get lice!"

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, TVMovieBuff said:

I haven't watched this season much, bits and pieces. Whenever I do tune in, there is always some nastiness going on either between 2 women, or one telling Clayton the wrongs done by some other. It doesn't make me want to follow the rest. I think hometowns are boring anyway. 

I like what Kelly Ripa said on her show Kelly & Ryan this past week about Clayton cancelling a cocktail party due to stress over the women's sniping. 

"If he can't handle a cocktail party, he can't handle it when your kids get lice!"

Lol! Well, he’s bailed on a kid’s birthday party already to make out with Shanae in one of the earlier episodes, so it’s not looking too good!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Lol! Well, he’s bailed on a kid’s birthday party already to make out with Shanae in one of the earlier episodes, so it’s not looking too good!

Wasn’t that Cassidy, mentor of Shanae, who then got dumped for messaging a FWB. 

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, nittany cougar said:

I loved hearing Chris de Burgh, but I am in my late 40s.  That song was a huge hit when I was in junior high school.  I agree with those who pointed out that he would not be known to people in Clayton and Suzie's age demo.

I thought that Suzie shopping in the designer boutique and selecting the red gown was inspired by the film Pretty Woman.  There are two similar sequences in that movie.  In one scene, Richard Gere's character takes Julia Roberts' character to the opera and presents her with a beautiful red gown to wear.  She gets all dressed up and everyone points and whispers as she parades through the hotel lobby in the gown.  Total princess fantasy.

In another sequence of the movie, RIchard Gere takes Julia Roberts shopping on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills and buys her thousands of dollars in designer clothes.

"Pretty Woman" was a massive hit in 1993 and would be well known by the same demographic who remember the 1980's.  It's a fantasy film about how meeting a guy instantly improves the life of a sad, poor Hollywood hooker.  Make of it what you will.

I love the movie "Pretty Woman"! The shopping spree scenes in The Bachelor definitely remind me of the shopping spree/gift scenes in that movie.  I keep hoping for one of the girls to quote Julia Roberts' character during rose ceremony rejections "Big mistake. Big. Huge!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I love the movie "Pretty Woman"! The shopping spree scenes in The Bachelor definitely remind me of the shopping spree/gift scenes in that movie.  I keep hoping for one of the girls to quote Julia Roberts' character during rose ceremony rejections "Big mistake. Big. Huge!"

In earlier seasons the women did refer to the shopping spree date as "the Pretty Woman date" and I would always yell "Pretty Woman was a prostitute!" at the TV when they said that. I guess TPTB eventually realized that too, and for the past several years it's been called "the princess date." I find the concept of a man buying a woman a lot of expensive things to prove how much he likes her deeply problematic, no matter what the date is called, but everyone who goes on this show seems to love it.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

In earlier seasons the women did refer to the shopping spree date as "the Pretty Woman date" and I would always yell "Pretty Woman was a prostitute!" at the TV when they said that. I guess TPTB eventually realized that too, and for the past several years it's been called "the princess date." I find the concept of a man buying a woman a lot of expensive things to prove how much he likes her deeply problematic, no matter what the date is called, but everyone who goes on this show seems to love it.

Haha I will follow your lead from now on and yell, "Pretty woman was a prostitute!" at the TV 😄!  Speaking of "Pretty Woman", the piano sex scene was laughably ridiculous- no way would hips crashing on a piano create an elegant series of notes! My problem with the Princess Dates is that the girl is given maybe 2 or 3 gifts tops, but production insists upon filling about 20 shopping bags with tissue paper to make the other girls seethe with jealousy when she returns to the mansion.  That's probably brutal to witness- like when my manager's boyfriend sent three dozen roses to her office on Valentine's Day and she brought us all in to look at them and hear her read the card. That bitch 😆!

• LOL 6
4 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

My problem with the Princess Dates is that the girl is given maybe 2 or 3 gifts tops, but production insists upon filling about 20 shopping bags with tissue paper to make the other girls seethe with jealousy when she returns to the mansion. 

I really did roll my eyes when they left that boutique with 20 different colored shopping bags! Shops carry bags for their customers. Some may carry plain bags. Some shops send them out with bags with their logo. But they are ALL THE SAME BAGS! But a shop sending out a customer with different color and different print bags would only exist in The Bachelor. 

In other words, producer shenanigans. 

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, deSchenke said:

I really did roll my eyes when they left that boutique with 20 different colored shopping bags! Shops carry bags for their customers. Some may carry plain bags. Some shops send them out with bags with their logo. But they are ALL THE SAME BAGS! But a shop sending out a customer with different color and different print bags would only exist in The Bachelor. 

In other words, producer shenanigans. 

image.png.2f1754c1498511ac4cd8d4644234f1cf.png

100% producer shenanigans 😄!!  I used to work luxury retail years ago: Coach at the mall and then Celine at Saks.  There's a ton of "hosting ceremony" training on how to hand clients water bottles, gesture for them to sit, how to elegantly present items with your hands and how to carry a clients' shopping bags for them until they reach the door.  I was trained for weeks on how to properly gift wrap and put tissue into the branded shopping bags. The mismatching shopping bags all bunched together like that with birthday party tissue paper exploding out of the top are the stuff of The Bachelor make believe!  Here's a flashback to Rachel on Matt's season: notice the mismatching bags and crinkled tissue paper and the thin, empty bags that aren't creasing at the bottom from weight? BACHELOR SHENANIGANS! 

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Useful 4
On 2/27/2022 at 5:18 PM, chocolatine said:

The best one was Aaron’s season when he and Gwen were in the Cinderella coach….

• Love 2