Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Life Could Be A Dream

• Start Topic

After a surprising update concerning her recent job performance, Sam must evaluate her next step. Meanwhile, Tricia and Charity’s working relationship grows complicated, and a visit to Mary Jo in rehab brings some difficult family truths to light.

Airing Sunday, February 20, 2022.

I loved this episode - so sad and sweet. I wonder what Sam will do next for money. I felt for Joel, because it's really tough when a good work buddy leaves. It's almost like having a friend move to a different city.

The scene with Fred Rococo & Sam's Dad was very touching. I really look forward to watching this each Sunday and am sad that it's coming to an end soon.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Cheezwiz said:

I loved this episode - so sad and sweet. I wonder what Sam will do next for money.

I wonder who owns Holly's house, and if it still has a mortgage? 

I'd also be interested in knowing what Holly had done for a living that enabled her to own her own home.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Sam and Joel aren't spending enough time together, which is frustrating me. As is the lack of music.

Tricia dealing with Charity over the ownership of the shop was a thing of beauty; I never would have suspected a couple of episodes ago I'd be on Tricia's side for any argument.

• Love 6

This show is like an extra special dessert; I try to make every single second of it last as long as possible.

The pragmatic version of myself was like "No!  Don't Quit!"  And also for Joel's sake, which is a perfectly terrible reason to keep a job.  

There is a real drama here but not overly dramatic, except when it really needs it (The mom really didn't mention her deceased daughter to her counselor???? WTF).  Joel's break-up and Trish's discovery of the affair.  It's all so real, as if I could drive to Manhattan, Kansas right now and go buy myself a Queen Bee throw pillow (cause Lying C*** was already sold).

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Fake Jan Brady said:

Tricia dealing with Charity over the ownership of the shop was a thing of beauty; I never would have suspected a couple of episodes ago I'd be on Tricia's side for any argument.

Tricia is turning out to be much more of a bad-ass (in a good way) than I would have expected.

9 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

I wonder who owns Holly's house, and if it still has a mortgage? 

I'd also be interested in knowing what Holly had done for a living that enabled her to own her own home.

I'm curious about this as well. So far, they have doled out very little info about Holly's life, so I'm assuming more revelations are to come for next season.

On 2/21/2022 at 2:46 AM, Cheezwiz said:

I felt for Joel, because it's really tough when a good work buddy leaves. It's almost like having a friend move to a different city.

That's how I felt when I realized there was only one episode left.  These people I love hanging out with are going away.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Why is the season so short?

Not sure - maybe they were testing the waters to see audience and critical reaction. It's been renewed, so hopefully they might do more episodes for next season? Gonna miss these people!

Edited by Cheezwiz
  • Love 2

I'm sad for Joel and Michael, but honestly, I felt they were together because they are likely 2 of the very few gays in town and options are limited. I think Sam made Joel realize he wanted something different. I expect him to quit his job soon - maybe he can be Tricia's new business partner?

I totally gasped when it came out the mom hadn't even mentioned the dead sister and I really liked the short scene at the end with Sam but it ended so abruptly. This is such a good show.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Murray Hill as Fred is one of my favorites on this show.  I’ve read Murray is a drag performer, but I haven’t been able to find any photos.  Maybe I’m missing something.  
I liked the scene of Fred in the field with Sam’s dad.  

Have you noticed how much Tricia and her mom resemble?  I wonder if that was just a fluke.  

Dud Sam quit her job because she wanted to leave while on top?  Or was it depressing to realize where she might be in 3 years?

Regardless, Sam getting her mom out of rehab was not a good move.  Also, I didn’t think it was funny for Sam to raid the supply closet as she was walking out the door.  Taking property that isn’t yours is stealing.  Not ok, imo.  And I don’t laugh at people who are hurt by falling down either.   I like most of the humor on the show though.  It’s still my favorite series right now.   They need more scenes of Choir Practice and Sam performing, imo.

I’m wondering if Sam will go into business with Tricia.  Or, get involved in the farm business.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Dud Sam quit her job because she wanted to leave while on top?  Or was it depressing to realize where she might be in 3 years?

Or she always sabotages any success she might have?

10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Also, I didn’t think it was funny for Sam to raid the supply closet as she was walking out the door. 

That was a highlight of the episode for me.  I loved that she was just doing it, with no explanation.

• Love 4

I think Sam made Joel realize he wanted something different. I expect him to quit his job soon - maybe he can be Tricia's new business partner?

I assumed the break up was because Michael got Joel's tornado voicemail and realized they were on different pages about what they wanted (i.e., Joel wanted more/faster than he did). I'm totally okay with the show not spelling it out for us, whatever the reason. I like that we don't need to know everything about everything, Holly included.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
On 2/26/2022 at 10:57 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Murray Hill as Fred is one of my favorites on this show.  I’ve read Murray is a drag performer, but I haven’t been able to find any photos.  Maybe I’m missing something.

Murray Hill is a drag king, if that helps.

On 2/26/2022 at 10:57 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Did you try Wikipedia?:   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murray_Hill_(performer)

He is featured in this article about half-way through:  https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/04/style/drag-kings.html  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1