Type keyword(s) to search

Law & Order: SVU Actors In Other Roles...

• Start Topic

I'm guessing everybody has seen this episode by now, but on the very off chance otherwise (or if anyone just wants to watch again), if you have a DVR, the Criminal Intent episode featuring Raul Esparza as a dirty ADA, "Lady's Man" from S8, is said to be airing at 3:00 a.m. tomorrow morning (03/30/2020) on WE.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, punkypower said:

This was posted by Christopher Meloni, or whoever handles his FB, a little while ago.

A STABLER SPINOFF!!!! Pinch me, I'm dreaming!!

https://deadline.com/2020/03/christopher-meloni-returns-new-dick-wolf-series-elliot-stabler-nbc-law-order-svu-1202896323/

Holy shit. I never thought he would play Stabler again, given that he left due to a contract dispute. I wonder what the series will be like, and I wonder if they will crossover with SVU. Not sure if I will watch since I never cared for Stabler or his family drama. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Holy shit. I never thought he would play Stabler again, given that he left due to a contract dispute. I wonder what the series will be like, and I wonder if they will crossover with SVU. Not sure if I will watch since I never cared for Stabler or his family drama. 

To be fair, there were rumors of Chris Noth leaving the Mothership due to issues with Dick Wolf - yet his character reemerged on Criminal Intent years later. I guess when there is loads of money to be made, burying hatchets is the best course of action for all.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

To be fair, there were rumors of Chris Noth leaving the Mothership due to issues with Dick Wolf - yet his character reemerged on Criminal Intent years later. I guess when there is loads of money to be made, burying hatchets is the best course of action for all.

In fairness, he already did Exile: The L&O Movie years before he did Criminal Intent, so my guess was that whatever hatchet there had been was long since buried. 

I'm amazed they are doing a Stabler spin off.  I do hope during the first episode we find out his horrible family moved cross country, never to be heard from again. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, txhorns79 said:

I'm amazed they are doing a Stabler spin off.  I do hope during the first episode we find out his horrible family moved cross country, never to be heard from again. 

Ha! Although I doubt it very much. But I can see him divorced (and no, I am NOT a shipper for Elliot/Olivia, it's just that - with Stabler's anger issues and such, I could see it.) and that would free him up from the constant family issues.

Not to mention that most of his kids would be adults now, anyway, so...

• Love 7

The decision to kill Tucker just becomes stupider. Robert John Burke/Meloni were good together and Tucker was great at calling Stabler out and having the potential to bring him on to do it more would be great.  

How long will it take for NBC to want to do Stabler meets Voight to beat up perps together? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

The decision to kill Tucker just becomes stupider. Robert John Burke/Meloni were good together and Tucker was great at calling Stabler out and having the potential to bring him on to do it more would be great.  

How long will it take for NBC to want to do Stabler meets Voight to beat up perps together? 

Agreed - Tucker was a great character who could call Stabler out, and it would’ve been nice to see them interact again. 

Voight + Stabler =  an automatic no watch for me, they both don’t give a fuck about people’s rights and like to rough people up, Voight is basically just Stabler on steroids and with no one to reign him in. At least with Stabler, Cragen and IAB could reign him in. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Agreed - Tucker was a great character who could call Stabler out, and it would’ve been nice to see them interact again. 

Voight + Stabler =  an automatic no watch for me, they both don’t give a fuck about people’s rights and like to rough people up, Voight is basically just Stabler on steroids and with no one to reign him in. At least with Stabler, Cragen and IAB could reign him in. 

Random thoughts: 

It’s inevitable that there will be a crossover episode.  We might as well as prepare ourselves for it.  

I hated that they killed off Tucker, too; Bobby Burke was so good in the role.  Tucker provided some necessary depth to the series, which has been lacking for the past few seasons.  Meloni and Burke played very well off each other.   Can you imagine Stabler’s reaction to finding out about their relationship?

I would have liked to have seen a Stabler/Barba (before his character was destroyed) interaction.  

Voight makes Stabler look like an angel by comparison.  

How long do you think it will take Rollins to bang him?  I’m assuming he’s divorced from Kathy by now because who could handle having him at home for any length of time.  

I know they won’t do this, but instead of having an angst-filled conversation, Benson and Stabler greet each other with a “Hey, Liv. Hey, Elliott”.  We find out that they have been in contact with each other over the years, perhaps since the William Lewis saga.  

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, ChristiKRN said:

Random thoughts: 

It’s inevitable that there will be a crossover episode.  We might as well as prepare ourselves for it.  

I hated that they killed off Tucker, too; Bobby Burke was so good in the role.  Tucker provided some necessary depth to the series, which has been lacking for the past few seasons.  Meloni and Burke played very well off each other.   Can you imagine Stabler’s reaction to finding out about their relationship?

I would have liked to have seen a Stabler/Barba (before his character was destroyed) interaction.  

Voight makes Stabler look like an angel by comparison.  

How long do you think it will take Rollins to bang him?  I’m assuming he’s divorced from Kathy by now because who could handle having him at home for any length of time.  

I know they won’t do this, but instead of having an angst-filled conversation, Benson and Stabler greet each other with a “Hey, Liv. Hey, Elliott”.  We find out that they have been in contact with each other over the years, perhaps since the William Lewis saga.  

It would be great if instead of making the Benson/Stabler reunion angsty and soapy it was low key and normal. 

Stabler looks great compared to Voight I agree, Stabler isn’t corrupt, Voight breaks the law in almost every episode.

A Carisi/Stabler interaction would be interesting IMO.

LOL at Rollins banging Stabler. 

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

It would be great if instead of making the Benson/Stabler reunion angsty and soapy it was low key and normal. 

Stabler looks great compared to Voight I agree, Stabler isn’t corrupt, Voight breaks the law in almost every episode.

A Carisi/Stabler interaction would be interesting IMO.

LOL at Rollins banging Stabler. 

I wish they would handle the Benson/Stabler reunion as low key as possible too, but sometimes I think the SVU writers believe they are writing for Days of our Lives.  It would be refreshing but they are going to milk it for all the angst they can.   

How is Voight even still a cop let alone running an elite unit?  

A Stabler/Carisi interaction is a good wish for a crossover event.  Any thoughts on how it would go?  We don’t have any inclination that Carisi is familiar with Stabler.  Hopefully, he would not be deferential but Stabler will probably be condescending and difficult if he finds out Carisi is a new ADA. 

Edited by ChristiKRN
  • Love 2

Considering William Lewis kidnapping Liv was all over the news in SVU canon I can't think of a faster way to assassinate Stabler's character from the jump than to make it that he didn't reach out. No way would he let that go. I mean sure they've had Barba kill a baby and Jack McCoy possibly not keeping his ADAs in the loop but somehow that would be too far considering the amount of fans that would be pissed at Stabler as they're trying to relaunch him.

I learned today I don't wish The Family Rollins upon Stabler. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, ChristiKRN said:

I wish they would handle the Benson/Stabler reunion as low key as possible too, but sometimes I think the SVU writers believe they are writing for Days of our Lives.  It would be refreshing but they are going to milk it for all the angst they can.   

How is Voight even still a cop let alone running an elite unit?  

A Stabler/Carisi interaction is a good wish for a crossover event.  Any thoughts on how it would go?  We don’t have any inclination that Carisi is familiar with Stabler.  Hopefully, he would not be deferential but Stabler will probably be condescending and difficult if he finds out Carisi is a new ADA. 

3 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

Considering William Lewis kidnapping Liv was all over the news in SVU canon I can't think of a faster way to assassinate Stabler's character from the jump than to make it that he didn't reach out. No way would he let that go. I mean sure they've had Barba kill a baby and Jack McCoy possibly not keeping his ADAs in the loop but somehow that would be too far considering the amount of fans that would be pissed at Stabler as they're trying to relaunch him.

I’m afraid that they will make the Benson/Stabler reunion as soapy as possible as well, since the writers have forgotten what the L&O franchise is supposed to be about and love soapy melodrama. It would be nice if both Benson and Stabler acted like mature adults when they see each other again though.

The whole premise of Chicago PD is extremely unrealistic - no way in hell Voight would be put in charge of a squad after being locked up - he would most likely have been fired after being jailed. Chicago PD is incredibly stupid as well as morally bankrupt and a celebration of fascism, I never watch it, and I’m hopeful there won’t be anymore crossovers between SVU and CPD (I remember hearing somewhere that the dude who plays Voight burned his bridges on the SVU set and isn’t welcome back, I hope it’s true).

A Carisi/Stabler interaction would be fascinating, Stabler was always difficult with ADA’s but we rarely saw him with a male ADA, and Carisi knows nothing about Stabler, so hopefully he wouldn’t bow to him - so far Carisi has been much better than I expected regarding him not bowing to St Olivia as ADA. 

SVU loves to assassinate characters (although I’m certain McCoy isn’t the DA anymore, Leight had an unnamed “new DA” in his last tenure as showrunner, so I think this is another new DA, but it’s still a travesty that they’ve trashed the DA’s office and implied they aren’t trustworthy without explicitly mentioning there being a new DA, it enrages me and it shows that the SVU writers have no respect for continuity or for the franchise), the worst character assassinations have been making Barba a baby killer and having Stone stage a sham trial because of how much he loved St Olivia, so I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they throw Stabler under the bus for drama as well, besides I think they want to amp up the melodrama for the Benson/Stabler reunion and the best way to do that would be to have Stabler and Benson not having spoken since Stabler left, if Stabler reached out after the Lewis ordeal, that would mean there wouldn’t be much melodrama when Stabler and Benson reunite, so yeah I bet they have it where Stabler and Benson haven’t spoken since Stabler left. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Gigi43 said:

No one deserves the Family Rollins.   

I hope they don’t throw Stabler under the bus for dramatic purposes.  Say what you will about Stabler, but I think that he would have contacted Benson after the Lewis saga at the very least.  

1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

I’m afraid that they will make the Benson/Stabler reunion as soapy as possible as well, since the writers have forgotten what the L&O franchise is supposed to be about and love soapy melodrama. It would be nice if both Benson and Stabler acted like mature adults when they see each other again though.

The whole premise of Chicago PD is extremely unrealistic - no way in hell Voight would be put in charge of a squad after being locked up - he would most likely have been fired after being jailed. Chicago PD is incredibly stupid as well as morally bankrupt and a celebration of fascism, I never watch it, and I’m hopeful there won’t be anymore crossovers between SVU and CPD (I remember hearing somewhere that the dude who plays Voight burned his bridges on the SVU set and isn’t welcome back, I hope it’s true).

A Carisi/Stabler interaction would be fascinating, Stabler was always difficult with ADA’s but we rarely saw him with a male ADA, and Carisi knows nothing about Stabler, so hopefully he wouldn’t bow to him - so far Carisi has been much better than I expected regarding him not bowing to St Olivia as ADA. 

SVU loves to assassinate characters (although I’m certain McCoy isn’t the DA anymore, Leight had an unnamed “new DA” in his last tenure as showrunner, so I think this is another new DA, but it’s still a travesty that they’ve trashed the DA’s office and implied they aren’t trustworthy without explicitly mentioning there being a new DA, it enrages me and it shows that the SVU writers have no respect for continuity or for the franchise), the worst character assassinations have been making Barba a baby killer and having Stone stage a sham trial because of how much he loved St Olivia, so I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they throw Stabler under the bus for drama as well, besides I think they want to amp up the melodrama for the Benson/Stabler reunion and the best way to do that would be to have Stabler and Benson not having spoken since Stabler left, if Stabler reached out after the Lewis ordeal, that would mean there wouldn’t be much melodrama when Stabler and Benson reunite, so yeah I bet they have it where Stabler and Benson haven’t spoken since Stabler left. 

Voight makes Rollins look like a rule-abiding detective, also.  

One thing about Carisi that needs to change: he needs to remember that he is no longer a detective.  I’m not sure why he’s going out with someone from the unit while they are building a case; that is no longer his job.  It is difficult to disengage but he needs to do this.  I do miss the Fin/Carisi pairing, though.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, ChristiKRN said:

No one deserves the Family Rollins.   

I hope they don’t throw Stabler under the bus for dramatic purposes.  Say what you will about Stabler, but I think that he would have contacted Benson after the Lewis saga at the very least.  

Voight makes Rollins look like a rule-abiding detective, also.  

One thing about Carisi that needs to change: he needs to remember that he is no longer a detective.  I’m not sure why he’s going out with someone from the unit while they are building a case; that is no longer his job.  It is difficult to disengage but he needs to do this.  I do miss the Fin/Carisi pairing, though.

I have noticed they like to force Carisi into scenes that he doesn’t belong in - scenes that should be done with detectives, not an ADA. I’m not sure if it’s because they want to give Carisi more screentime or if it’s because the squad is somewhat short handed, especially when Fin is off, but I’ve noticed it in several episodes. I get that it’s quite an adjustment for Carisi going from detective to ADA but I wish they would stop forcing Carisi into scenes he doesn’t belong in and instead give us more legal stuff, I want more trial scenes, we’ve only had 2 episodes featuring trials and I want to see Carisi give a closing argument. Also, give Carisi more scenes with Fin and even Benson and less scenes with Rollins. Oh and get rid of the Hadid witch, ASAP, she’s one of the worst characters in SVU history and she’s horribly wooden and drags down every scene she’s in and cuts into Carisi’s screentime. 

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I have noticed they like to force Carisi into scenes that he doesn’t belong in - scenes that should be done with detectives, not an ADA. I’m not sure if it’s because they want to give Carisi more screentime or if it’s because the squad is somewhat short handed, especially when Fin is off, but I’ve noticed it in several episodes. I get that it’s quite an adjustment for Carisi going from detective to ADA but I wish they would stop forcing Carisi into scenes he doesn’t belong in and instead give us more legal stuff, I want more trial scenes, we’ve only had 2 episodes featuring trials and I want to see Carisi give a closing argument. Also, give Carisi more scenes with Fin and even Benson and less scenes with Rollins. Oh and get rid of the Hadid witch, ASAP, she’s one of the worst characters in SVU history and she’s horribly wooden and drags down every scene she’s in and cuts into Carisi’s screentime. 

I totally agree with you.  I remember Leight saying several years ago that he didn’t like writing courtroom scenes.  He developed Carisi as a detective and now he has to develop him as an attorney. The only way he can do that is in courtroom scenes.  And who wouldn’t like to see Carisi calling on Barba, his mentor, for some advice?  Even baby-euthanizing  Barba on his worst day would be better than Hadid.  

• Love 3

Social Distance: Netflix Reveals Star-Studded Cast of Anthology Series

Netflix is tackling COVID-19 in its newest pandemic-era project Social Distance, an eight-part anthology series showcasing the power of human spirit in a time of uncertainty and isolation.

Every standalone episode shares a story through a virtual lens that captures the unique emotional experiences that accompany being forced apart by circumstance. Viewers will follow along as the episodes highlight the challenges of only being able to communicate remotely to maintain connections.

Law & Order: SVU's Peter Scanavino, his real-life son Leo Bai-Scanavino, The Path's Ali Ahn, Orange Is the New Black's Tami Sagher and Barbara Rosenblat as well as Rescue Me's Michael Mulheren will appear together for an episode.

I'm very glad PS is working other options.

• Love 3

If anyone wants to see Dann Florek (Donald Cragen) in another role, he is in an old episode of Hunter, also streaming on Peacock, from Season 4 (so about 1987, this was the Halloween episode, as I believe it fell on a Saturday that year! ETA: Google confirms!), called "Night On Bald Mountain".

And Richard Kline, a.k.a. Larry from Three's Company, plays one of his brothers.

(I may have mentioned this a long time ago, but as it is now streaming, a reminder can't hurt!)

• Love 1

Seeing Tamara Tunie as ME Warner the other night reminded me that I recently saw her in "Devil's Advocate," with Keanu Reeves and Al Pacino.  Keanu is a hotshot Florida lawyer who gets whisked away to NYC and begins to wonder if there's something a little hellish about his new boss?  Well worth a viewing, in my opinion.

• Love 1
On 12/6/2020 at 12:13 PM, 853fisher said:

Seeing Tamara Tunie as ME Warner the other night reminded me that I recently saw her in "Devil's Advocate," with Keanu Reeves and Al Pacino.  Keanu is a hotshot Florida lawyer who gets whisked away to NYC and begins to wonder if there's something a little hellish about his new boss?  Well worth a viewing, in my opinion.

Devi's Advocate was the FIRST thing I thought of when I saw TT on this show!  My husband and I looked at each other in recognition and said "If I want to see Leamon, I make an appointment." and "Doctor Roberts!"  Of course, I could never ever get THAT image of her character morphing into something demonic out of my head!

On 9/5/2020 at 3:08 AM, WendyCR72 said:

If anyone wants to see Dann Florek (Donald Cragen) in another role, he is in an old episode of Hunter, also streaming on Peacock, from Season 4 (so about 1987, this was the Halloween episode, as I believe it fell on a Saturday that year! ETA: Google confirms!), called "Night On Bald Mountain".

Dan Florek in Sabrina, the Teenage Witch!!  I didn't immediately recognise him, but I thought he looked familiar, and when I realised who it was, I was like, no freaking way!!  Well, he was wearing a wig.  But he was on Sabrina!

Actually, I first saw Mariska as the prostitute in Leaving Las Vegas.  Thought she was a knockout!

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, SarahPrtr said:

Devi's Advocate was the FIRST thing I thought of when I saw TT on this show!  My husband and I looked at each other in recognition and said "If I want to see Leamon, I make an appointment." and "Doctor Roberts!"  Of course, I could never ever get THAT image of her character morphing into something demonic out of my head!

Of course we should have, but we did not see it coming in that moment!  I was just thinking, "wow she looks absolutely fan - YIKES."  Before or after that, not quite our doctor in scrubs. 😉

• LOL 1

I just saw an old episode of Malcolm In the Middle. Guess who was on it? Robert Sean Leonard. ADA Kenneth O'Dwyer. You know, ADA so bad he's not on any of the lists of SVU's ADA's Gawd, he was awful. That stupid simpering smile, no matter what the situation. Ugh.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I just saw an old episode of Malcolm In the Middle. Guess who was on it? Robert Sean Leonard. ADA Kenneth O'Dwyer. You know, ADA so bad he's not on any of the lists of SVU's ADA's Gawd, he was awful. That stupid simpering smile, no matter what the situation. Ugh.

I liked O’Dwyer, he was a good fill in ADA when Barba couldn’t appear for whatever reason. He had a backbone and never bowed to St Olivia, I especially liked him in the Transgender Bridge episode.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I liked O’Dwyer, he was a good fill in ADA when Barba couldn’t appear for whatever reason. He had a backbone and never bowed to St Olivia, I especially liked him in the Transgender Bridge episode.

Be that as it may. I wouldn't have noticed because of his stupid face.

• LOL 2

Carla Gugino (and Philip Winchester) to Star in Crime Thriller Series "Leopard Skin" for AGC Television

The cast also includes Amelia Eve (The Haunting of Bly Manor), Gentry White (UnReal), Philip Winchester (Law & Order: SVU), Margot Bingham (The Walking Dead), Gaite Jansen (Jett), Nora Arnezeder (Safe House), and Ana de la Reguera (Narcos).

Leopard Skin kicks off when a criminal gang fleeing a botched jewelry heist is forced to hide out in a beachside estate where two women live in seclusion. Their world turns into a tension filled hothouse of secrets, betrayal and desire — all of which will come to the surface as the gang awaits their fate.

On 2/20/2021 at 3:33 PM, Pj3422 said:

Not an actor on the show, but still part of every season... anybody know what happened to that adorable Asian baby who is shown in the opening credits? I assume she’s in her 20s by now. 

Not a clue, but I retained an investigator who is much more professional and mentally balanced than Benson or Rollins to look into this -

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/ad15ba39-08e7-492f-b2fb-cd8708cc55ba

• LOL 5

Stephanie March, one of the favorite ADAs from SVU will star in an LMN movie May 6, 2021 at 8 pm. It's called "A House on Fire". I must warn you LMN movies aren't very well made and some seem like senior projects from future film makers who will be waiting tables most of their lives.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Leeds said:

Eeeeeeeeeew.  I just saw St Olivia (Benson from Law and Order) snog Dr Greene on an episode of ER. 

That's Cynthia Hooper, major downer of a desk clerk. All MH did in that role was screw Mark and cry. (Her hair was super long there, too!)

• Love 2

Not a role, per se, but I just saw B.D Wong hosting a crime show on HLN called, "Something's Killing Me". Maybe he discovered how lucrative stuff like that can be from former co-star Ice T, since he had/has his own true-crime show, "Ice Cold Murder", on Oxygen.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

If there are any night owls (like me, thanks, work!) looking for something to watch, Kelli Giddish's guest episode of Criminal Intent will be on in about 20 minutes (05/04/22) on WE...