Type keyword(s) to search

Stuck - General Discussion

PrincessPurrsALot
  • Start Topic

One of two new medical shows on TLC’s winter schedule, this docuseries follows doctors as they go to great lengths to foriegn bizarre objects from inside the human body — including a bug burrowed deep inside an ear, an arrow through a wrist, and — yep, you guessed it — a vibrator in a rectum.

Premieres 2022.02.16

Time to go spelunking inside people!

• LOL 2

Well, this is important. People on my beloved "My 600-Pound Life" forum have occasionally expressed their revulsion with, or inability to stand, "Dr. Pimple Popper" and/or "My Feet Are Killing Me", and I had no problem with those two shows at all. I found them fascinating, and they conformed to my favourite arc, Things Starting Out Bad And Getting Good. "My 600-Pound Life" has been seriously disappointing in the "getting good" department this season, and I like to see things where the people do get better. So my queasiness threshold has been higher than some people's here.

But now they've reached it. The sex toy jammed up inside the rectum was of interest, with the colon cam journeying up where the sun don't shine, and remedying the situation. But when they went on to the poor woman whose sinuses were loused up by youthful drug use, and went up her nose with camera and high-tech nose-pickers... EWWWWW. Congratulations, TLC! You've finally disgusted and nauseated me! Ever since I saw that, I've been reflexively pinching my nose shut so nothing like that could get in.

Edited by Corvino
Forgot to complain about "My 600-Pound Life"
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Yeah, the vibrator lady had a real problem-I mean that thing was UP there, ya know? And nose lady didn't know the trick to not having holes in her septum (or no septum) was to rinse out the nose when the party is over. That way the substance doesn't just sit there and eat away at the tissues. The thing that bugged me the most was the guy with the bug in his ear-that would make me crazy! I have exzema in both ear canals and let me tell you it's really irritating. The thought of an insect in there just freaks me out! What I really liked was how nice and non-judgemental  the doctors were. I'll check it out next time, I think.

• Love 2

Watching this now……moth in the ear…..man….the time you’d have to wait for the thing to die…ugh…..

My question is why would someone go on tv and reveal they lost their vibrator? Regardless, of where you lost it…..lol. I wonder if the show volunteered to pay off the lady’s hospital bill if she appeared on the show.  

Doctor asked the patient as he works on removing stuck earring, “Do you mind if I cut it off?”  Patient responds, “What, the earring?” Lol   The guy wanted to make sure his earlobe wasn’t being removed. 🤣

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

My question is why would someone go on tv and reveal they lost their vibrator? Regardless, of where you lost it…..lol. I wonder if the show volunteered to pay off the lady’s hospital bill if she appeared on the show.

I wondered the same thing, what did they pay her for her to do this? It wasn't just a lost vibrator story, it was a seriously embarrassing vibrator story. Plus, the cameras were there in the hospital, she's not telling the story in the past, they were there the whole time. How long did she have that thing in her? Or does the camera crew just hang out at the hospital hoping someone they can use on the show comes in? I guess that part would go for any of the people on the show, how did they know about splinter girl or moth man?

• Useful 3
On 2/20/2022 at 3:38 PM, GaT said:

I wondered the same thing, what did they pay her for her to do this? It wasn't just a lost vibrator story, it was a seriously embarrassing vibrator story. Plus, the cameras were there in the hospital, she's not telling the story in the past, they were there the whole time. How long did she have that thing in her? Or does the camera crew just hang out at the hospital hoping someone they can use on the show comes in? I guess that part would go for any of the people on the show, how did they know about splinter girl or moth man?

Haven’t seen all of last night’s show, but I’m going to speculate. All the ER cases seem to be in that one Alabama hospital. I’d guess the producers have an arrangement with the hospital (maybe it was even publicized in the area) and are offering incoming patients a deal to either cover expenses, or just a payment if they agree to appear on the show. That could be a big inducement to someone who’s uninsured.

• Useful 2

The bicycle brake in the leg!!!!! ARRRGGGHHH

Crystal Gay the physician's assistant is really annoying, why didn't she give the poor woman some kind of pain relief? Why did the other woman have to think of it?

Haven’t seen all of last night’s show, but I’m going to speculate. All the ER cases seem to be in that one Alabama hospital. I’d guess the producers have an arrangement with the hospital (maybe it was even publicized in the area) and are offering incoming patients a deal to either cover expenses, or just a payment if they agree to appear on the show. That could be a big inducement to someone who’s uninsured.

USA hospital in Mobile, Alabama!  I used to work there many MANY years ago.  I believe it's now a teaching hospital for University of South Alabama. https://www.usahealthsystem.com/locations/university-hospital.  (LOL I was doing something and heard splinter girl's accent and had to roll it back cos I knew right where she was from by her accent lol). 

That said, I still have a lot of close friends in Mobile and not one of them goes to USA.  

I'm in the medical field and I cannot tell you how much I enjoy this show.  I have a daughter who is an ER nurse and these cases are tame compared to some of the things she's seen. 

I have eczema in both ear canals and let me tell you it's really irritating. 

I had a co-worker with the same problem and he was miserable.  He was always digging at his ears cos they itched. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Glad there is a thread for this show. I love all the surgery shows, so this one works for me. I think that because of the small cameras in use today, Medical Professionals film almost every surgery for review and/or teaching purposes. I even received video of my colonoscopy a few years ago as a part of my results. I just think the producers know this and go back and get permission from the patients to show this on television.

It all about our fifteen-minutes-of-fame!

They didn't show us what happened to the stiletto lady. I was pissed! The man with the nail in his arm was high as a boom boom after the surgery lol. That poor little girl with the thing in her ear-you could tell she was scared and kept looking at mom for comfort. Poor thing was crying-I hope she didn't get in too much trouble. The polyp removal was a trip-that one did not want to come out. Hopefully the guy can at least breathe better now. My son had polyps removed many years ago-they knocked him out for the surgery and post-op he had tampons in his nose for packing. When he woke up it was so hard for me to keep from laughing-he was stoned and had tampons in his nose even he thought it was funny. They tied the strings together for ease of removal. A couple days later they took them out-just yanked them-he said it hurt like hell. He told me they asked him if he wanted something for pain before taking them out-he told them no because he didn't think it would be too bad. I told him he learned a lesson there. If the doctor offers you something for pain-take it!!  This happened over 20 years ago-its good to see how new technology has changed things for the better.

• LOL 2