Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Tee-Tee Pa-Pah

• Start Topic

I really enjoyed this episode. I like the whole show, but judging from the lack of response here, I fear that we'll only get the one series. Too bad. 

ETA: I see that the show has been renewed, so I was wrong!  Hurrah!  

It's so subtle, all the touches of the storm brewing and the sisters not being that afraid of the tornado, while Joel is chasing after a dog he isn't sure he wants, only to find he does because he and the dog went through something together.  I really hope he meant it when he called his boyfriend and said he wanted it all.  (Especially the Vitamix that will also make soups! 😆)

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 11

I love this show too. I wish the episodes were 1 hour rather than 30 min, and it looks like there are only 3 more episodes this season. Maybe not having extra padding makes it sweeter and more poignant though. I like hanging with these people and seeing them try to cope with regular real-life issues. Very happy it's been renewed.

• Love 6
On 2/15/2022 at 1:11 AM, Cheezwiz said:

I like hanging with these people

Me too!  When Sam and Joel are riding around in the car talking about who knows what (the dialogue in this show is magnificent), I so badly want to be there with them.  I want to drop by Joel's garage when he's exercising. 

I was actually put off by the preview and its focus on the choir, but I decided to give it a shot and I'm really glad I did.  Except it makes me sad because I can't actually hang around Sam and Joel.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Another great episode.  I think this show would be more popular if more people were aware.  Has Bridget been on Watch What’s Happening Live with Andy to promote it?  It needs more promotion.  

I could really relate to this one, because we get a lot of tornadoes in NC, too.  I was a little worried that Sam was going to end up being wrong about the affair.  Her sister was rather clever in her rouse to get the key to the room.  There were plenty of laughs, even though the story was devastating.  I can’t fathom the pain of that kind of infidelity….husband and best friend!  Omg….

• Love 1

I am *ecstatic* this show has been renewed. It is a little slice of real life and warmth. The scenes between the sisters this episode were just perfect, and I say that as someone who's been on the receiving end of a your-husband-is-cheating-with-your-friend-slash-family-member discussion. I have some experience!

Joel is a gift.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
On 2/15/2022 at 2:11 AM, Cheezwiz said:

Maybe not having extra padding makes it sweeter and more poignant though.

Absolutely.  The golden rule in storytelling is "always leave them wanting more".  On that front SS totally succeeds.

On 2/19/2022 at 5:41 PM, peachmangosteen said:

It's irritating me that we don't know why Rick (I think that's the sister's husband's name) was at choir practice. I'd also like them to explain why/how he had the wad of cash.

There's still 3 episodes left.

When Sam and Joel get out of the car at the motel they have the dog. After they all get back in the car we never see the dog again. What happened, did I miss something?