Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: Viral

jewel21
  • Start Topic

A tragic accident occurs at Jessica’s sister’s gender reveal party, putting her brother-in-law’s life in jeopardy. Meanwhile, Conrad, Irving & Trevor work on an influencer whose life was put in danger by a risky cosmetic surgery. Then, Bell is cleared for his first surgery back and Billie is forced to face her past head-on.

Airdate: 02/15/2022

32 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Am I the only one who thinks that Billy will prove that Douchebag Rapist Doc raped her by having her biological son Trevor Douchebag point out that he's got the proof right there in the DNA?

Interesting idea, but that wouldn’t prove rape.

• Love 1

I don't remember the specifics, but wasn't it just earlier this season that Leela got a doctor fired for a mistake in the OR?  Tonight, Billie begins to operate on the freaking wrong side of a patient's brain and its just hand waved away. 

8 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

I don't remember the specifics, but wasn't it just earlier this season that Leela got a doctor fired for a mistake in the OR?  Tonight, Billie begins to operate on the freaking wrong side of a patient's brain and its just hand waved away. 

It has to fit in the tangled web that is being woven.

12 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Am I the only one who thinks that Billy will prove that Douchebag Rapist Doc raped her by having her biological son Trevor Douchebag point out that he's got the proof right there in the DNA?

Yeah, that's clearly where this is going. When Kit asked Billie if she had proof, I was nodding along that it was pretty irrefutable proof. And it would pay off the Billie and Trevor storyline and allow him to understand why she gave him up and didn't want to reconnect. Good thing they fixed Trevor and made him a nice guy just in time to be useful here.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, vibeology said:

Good thing they fixed Trevor and made him a nice guy just in time to be useful here.

With his weird personality he may just refuse to back his mother, which would add even more drama.

No Cade, yessss! 👍🏻

Less of Dr Haircut, nooooooooo! 😩

Is it me or Gigi has started to talk like Conrad? Every time she says “noooo dadddddyyy…” it’s like Conrad talking in his usual slo-mo. Is the little actress copying her tv daddy?

I maybe alone here but I couldn’t care less about Leela getting double-board certified. What a boring arc, get it done already! Her pep talk with Bell is far from moving. Is she trying to imply her dyslexia is some kind of disease? Ugh. I wish we could see a scene where Bell tells Jessica about his condition instead. They have more history together and she is his favourite nurse after all. 

The mellowed Trevor is okay, still not liking him though.

Billie was trending because of her latest storyline. Even though am not that excited about it, I hope TPTB will not screw this up by overdoing it.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

I maybe alone here but I couldn’t care less about Leela getting double-board certified. What a boring arc, get it done already!

I am so mystified why this story line exists.  What is the point?  I don't even know why she's hot to do this. 

Were they were trying to link the whole "I need my sister to validate me" story line with the sisters in the gender reveal accident to Leela needing validation from her sister or parents?  And she thinks doing the impossible cardio/neuro double board certification will be just the thing to get that?

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, cameron said:

So over Conrad's vocal frye voice.

For me, it is more his close talking. 

So Billie’s screw up will be brought up via interviews or something when Scott Cohen drags her (or Raphael Sbarge/LT gov does). Hoping the previews mean that Billie and Conrad will get together soon. It’s obvious that they will at some point in my opinion. 

Echoing also about not caring about the double board certification storyline. 

I wish we had seen the sister when Jessica was dying in the hospital and recovering for weeks. 

Edited by yourdreamer
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

First thought I had!  He will turn out to be Trevor's bio dad and go down in flames.............................eventually!  First he will try to wreck her career and probably come close to it.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Billie was trending because of her latest storyline. Even though am not that excited about it, I hope TPTB will not screw this up by overdoing it.

IMO, This ↑ will drag out for the rest of the season and wind up being a cliffhanger in the finale for a see ya next season opening. There are only three more episodes left in S05.

Edited by preeya
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, preeya said:

IMO, This ↑ will drag out for the rest of the season and wind up being a cliffhanger in the finale for a see ya next season opening. There are only three more episodes left in S05.

Only three more episodes? I didn't realize that. That's disappointing.

But in that case, yes, they will drag it out that long. It is so dumb because they are going to go through all this drama of Billie not being believed, the guy trying to ruin her, her feeling like her job is at risk or maybe even her life. And she could prove her case in two seconds and avoid it all.

I know she wants to spare Trevor the trauma of learning he's the product of rape, but the second she decided to make the accusation she had to know it was going to come to that. She should have told him as soon as she decided to testify, it clearly was never going to stay anonymous.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I know she wants to spare Trevor the trauma of learning he's the product of rape, but the second she decided to make the accusation she had to know it was going to come to that. She should have told him as soon as she decided to testify, it clearly was never going to stay anonymous.

Perhaps the fact that she WANTS to spare him the trauma of being a product of rape will be the thing he needs to hear? 

She is theoretically willing to let her career go down in flames to keep him out of it. I bet the Raptor talks him into it. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, vibeology said:

Yeah, that's clearly where this is going. When Kit asked Billie if she had proof, I was nodding along that it was pretty irrefutable proof. And it would pay off the Billie and Trevor storyline and allow him to understand why she gave him up and didn't want to reconnect. Good thing they fixed Trevor and made him a nice guy just in time to be useful here.

I agree with you, I also thought that last week when Kit asked Billie if she had proof.

Obviously Trevor’s existence is all the proof Billie would need. A DNA test and proof of Trevor’s age would show that Billie was pregnant at 13 and Porter is the culprit. ( I don’t want to even call him the “father”).

I also agree that when Trevor finds out the whole truth, he will realize that Billie has in fact been protecting him, and he’ll know why she couldn’t warm up to him as her son.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, izabella said:

I am so mystified why this story line exists.  What is the point?  I don't even know why she's hot to do this. 

Were they were trying to link the whole "I need my sister to validate me" story line with the sisters in the gender reveal accident to Leela needing validation from her sister or parents?  And she thinks doing the impossible cardio/neuro double board certification will be just the thing to get that?

I thought the “desperate for validation” storyline has been wrapped up.

Am guessing they need to stir up Devon/Leela a little bit because it’s going too smooth and marriage storyline isn’t in the cards, yet.

2 hours ago, preeya said:

3 episodes left? I didn’t know this. TQ.

OMG, I hope they will not be doing👆🏻because it will be like the Wheatleys storyline in L&O OC all over again. 😩

• Love 2
4 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Perhaps the fact that she WANTS to spare him the trauma of being a product of rape will be the thing he needs to hear? 

She is theoretically willing to let her career go down in flames to keep him out of it. I bet the Raptor talks him into it. 

I bet he does. He is the only one who knows he's her son, right? 

so uh, Leela comparing dyslexia to MS was certainly a choice

what the hell was that pep talk, like holy crap, all disabilities are not the same

Also I am on the bandwagon of "Trevor will be reticent, then Raptor will convince Trevor to do a DNA test - most likely after he says "I didn't write that letter of rec for you to get your spot here, Billie did"

• Love 4

Agree with a lot said here so will not repeat. 

Will say this tough: Dear Bell, nurses day off are day off. You don't ask a nurse to "scrub in" because you like her and she is there is front of you. Nurses, even in Georgia, must have a union. You would be in big trouble for violating, or influencing a decision like this. Besides, Jessica could be considered family and she shouldn't be in the OR.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, circumvent said:

Besides, Jessica could be considered family and she shouldn't be in the OR.

Actually, I had the same thought and yes, the patient is her brother-in-law, so definitely a no-no.

• Love 5
On 2/16/2022 at 11:52 AM, preeya said:

With his weird personality he may just refuse to back his mother, which would add even more drama.

The way I picture it going down, especially since we’ve been shown Trevor’s temper before, would be for him to go after Porter in a dark alley. Or to post something on social media calling him out like Charli did about the BBL. Would either of these be wise? No. Is he likely to do them anyway? Could be.

The dumbassery of gender reveal parties gone wrong makes me wonder why the hell anyone is still doing them.

So Bell is cleared—wow, that was fast. No HODAD for at least a while. I wonder why it doesn’t seem to have crossed his mind that if he did have to give up surgery, he could continue on as a surgical coach like the one they had a few episodes ago. His knowledge and experience don’t go away even if his manual dexterity does.

Why the hell Leela wants to double board certify in both cardio and neuro is beyond me. She should do as Billie suggested and really think through why she’s putting up two mountains to climb by picking the two toughest specialties. The double certified surgeons I’ve heard of are usually in two related areas (ENT plus head and neck surgery or oculoplastic surgery, for example). Not a doctor so I don’t know how double certification is usually done, but wouldn’t it make more sense to do one first and then the other rather than killing yourself trying to do two at once? Especially two very different ones?

The conversation at the end between AJ, Trevor, and Nolan about Nolan’s TikTok was hilarious (and so was the video).

• Love 8
On 2/18/2022 at 2:59 PM, CarpeFelis said:

The conversation at the end between AJ, Trevor, and Nolan about Nolan’s TikTok was hilarious (and so was the video).

Nolan's TikTok dance was hilarious, but I completely lost it when Dr. Chu popped out from behind him and started getting down with his bad self!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Leela’s double boarding goal seems like a big ego trip.  She doesn’t seem like she would be that way , but she is,  it’s definitely off putting.   Some things work together and others don’t.  Her goal just sounds silly, imo. ………..I had a law professor in law school who started out in law,  became a minister and then became a medical doctor!   Lol. He was very well rounded.  I remember him fondly.  

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/newsobserver/name/james-mcquade-obituary?id=7860626

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Leela’s double boarding goal seems like a big ego trip.  She doesn’t seem like she would be that way , but she is,  it’s definitely off putting.   Some things work together and others don’t.  Her goal just sounds silly, imo. ………..I had a law professor in law school who started out in law,  became a minister and then became a medical doctor!   Lol. He was very well rounded.  I remember him fondly.  

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/newsobserver/name/james-mcquade-obituary?id=7860626

Reading between the lines of that obituary I kinda feel sorry for his wife! So many years of her husband going back to school over and over again (while she probably had to support him and their kids) and dragging her from Ireland to New York to Ireland to Canada to Vermont to North Carolina and finally back to Ireland again. I can’t help imagining her at some point telling him to pick one thing and stick with it!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Finally got around to watching this episode. It's quite obvious the only way Billie is going to have to break the news to Trevor, as he is going to be the proof.

I will say Kit was in the wrong to tell Bell what happened instead of letting Billie disclose it. Yes, Bell may want answers on the complaint ruining his chances on the board, but it's not Kit's story to tell.

The story of Leela wanting to be double-board certified is getting tired. Do it or don't and get on with it.

As I suspected, the writers did forget the timeline when they disclosed Instagram mommy's age. If she was born in 1997, and the show had a 3-year time jump from Halloween 2021, she should be 27 or 28. Not 25, as that would make the year 2022.