Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E03: A Very Jersey Kegger

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I'd love to see Andy ask the Italian women at the reunion if any of them use jarred sauce ever, and what kind they use!  

I remember when Tre called Caroline an "Olive Garden Italian", is that because she used jarred sauce?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Marge is cruel and I don’t like her anymore.

that was not a keg party. It was sad

is Jackie nuts starting w Delores?  Didn’t Delores work in the county jail?  

Rao’s is amazing in a pinch. This Italian-American house always has the two pack from Costco in the pantry. $13 for two large jars. Please. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

I remember when Tre called Caroline an "Olive Garden Italian", is that because she used jarred sauce?

I think that means “fake Italian”. Whatever that means, but I do speak “teresa”. Lol

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I think that means “fake Italian”. Whatever that means, but I do speak “teresa”. Lol

That made sense to me. She basically just meant very removed from actual Italy. As Olive Garden is to an actual Italian restaurant. Teresa's family is so close to Italy her husband got deported. LOL.

• LOL 11
  • Love 5

Wow lots of Marge hate. I’m not a huge fan of hers but at least she puts her shit out there. She needs to back off my girl Delores though. She imho is the queen of this show, not the brainless un self aware pineapple princess.

The branding of Marge as an adulteress brings up shades of Hester Prynne. I thought we had progressed a little since then.

• Like 1
  • Love 9
21 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Margaret needs to understand that cheating on your husband and getting cheated on are 2 different things. Jenn's vitriol towards Marge kinda makes sense now knowing what happened with her and what Bill did. Not saying Jenn was right because we all know she hasn't been the nicest.

I think the problem is that Jenn was taking out the anger she had for Bill on Marge. Fine - have your opinion on cheating (I share it). When Marge talks about it as if it's amusing, don't laugh. Raise an eyebrow. Change the subject, or if you want to get into it, ask if she had it to do over again would she end the previous relationships first? Instead she got really vicious and though now we may understand the anger better, it was still rude. Cheating assholes may not deserve your respect, but that doesn't mean you attack them in a social setting. We have exactly the same information about Frank and she never went after HIM for being a cheating jerk.

Speaking of Marge, she obviously was given the "Bone Collector" assignment for this season. It's so transparent when a housewife dives in starting trouble for no organic reason, digs in at any pushback (demanding nonsensical apologies), and makes it worse when any sane individual would back off. Or they suddenly ally with the totally unreasonable person without any ability to explain why other than "she needs support." The better casts provide enough widespread drama that it's not as obvious or is accomplished with a certain amount of subtlety.

And then you get people like Theresa who get the assignment and march into a couple's party telling everybody in sight that [she heard] the husband cheats.   

Was Tiki Barber's wife told she was auditioning (friend of) or told she was part of the cast (then revoked)? Because she sure has a lot to say.

• Love 6
On 2/16/2022 at 2:19 PM, TheCouchPotato said:

Maybe for some but I don’t think Jen or Jackie’s husbands rely on their income solely. Perhaps for all the Joes and Frank. That being said, the men on RHONJ are such a likable group and could probably pull off their own show. 

Wasn’t Jen upset when she found out how wealthy Jackie is?  Jackie doesn’t do nouveau riche like ostentatious Jen. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

That made sense to me. She basically just meant very removed from actual Italy. As Olive Garden is to an actual Italian restaurant. Teresa's family is so close to Italy her husband got deported. LOL.

Does it count that Caroline’s FIL died in a possible mob hit?

• Love 5

I guess I get a different vibe between Jackie and Evan then other ppl because I find their interactions to seem so forced. Evan doesn’t seem like he cares half the time and I don’t know why everyone thinks he’s so hot because his head looks like a tennis ball to me. Jackie clearly needs help with her eating disorder too. Maybe it’s mean to say but I still kind of think Evan cheated.

Joe Gorga continues to be such a pig. I doubt he’s having any sex other then jacking off. He’s so unappealing. His dick is prob small too since he talks about it constantly.

Tiki Barbers wife can shut it about cheating.

Melissa and Joes sons already seem like little assholes like their dad. No surprise there.

Melissa saying one of her sons got her face is pretty hilar since she has a whole new face basically.

Margaret is such a bitch. Why is her stupid creative director always around too. What is Margaret even creating lol.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Marley said:

I guess I get a different vibe between Jackie and Evan then other ppl because I find their interactions to seem so forced. Evan doesn’t seem like he cares half the time and I don’t know why everyone thinks he’s so hot because his head looks like a tennis ball to me. Jackie clearly needs help with her eating disorder too. Maybe it’s mean to say but I still kind of think Evan cheated.

Joe Gorga continues to be such a pig. I doubt he’s having any sex other then jacking off. He’s so unappealing. His dick is prob small too since he talks about it constantly.

Tiki Barbers wife can’t shut it about cheating.

Melissa and Joes sons already seem like little assholes like their dad. No surprise there.

Melissa saying one of her sons got her face is pretty hilar since she has a whole new face basically.

Margaret is such a bitch. Why is her stupid creative director always around too. What is Margaret even creating lol.

Joe Gorga has worn out his welcome with me. I find him neither clever nor cute. 

• Love 7

I don't know what kind of keggers Jackie and Evan went to in college, but never once did I go to a kegger in a restaurant with 12 people and mini lobster rolls.  Just pointing that out.  

When did housewives carve out a formula where everybody hosts an "occasion" and then they go away once or twice and that is the season?  It is ultra organized and has lost some of the organic feeling of the earlier years.  I mean, do people really host a brunch to celebrate their new kitchen or whatever?  I am going to guess no, but places are clamping down on filming or some such thing so they come up with excuses.  Tre hosted party 1. Dolo hosted party 2.  Jackie hosted party 3.  I don't remember that formula from the early years.  We saw them out at restaurants, in bars, at events, etc.  Or maybe it was always that way but because nearly the entire early cast was friends and family so you saw them together casually wandering around with each other, not having some pre-planned coffee to specifically talk about the subject du jour.  These people don't interact a lot off camera and it is obvious.

• Love 7
On 2/16/2022 at 4:57 PM, njbchlover said:

I'm married to an Italian, but I almost always make my own sauce (or, because I'm from North Jersey, a lot of us refer to it as gravy, if there is any kind of meat in it - yeah - that's a debate for another day), but I've used Rao's on occasion, when in a pinch for a quick dinner, or if I have to add to what I already have.  I usually add a little bit of this and that to it, but it's the only grocery store shelf jarred sauce I will buy.  They have a marinara that is labeled "sensitive", with no onion or garlic which I like because it tastes more fresh and not artificial, and I can saute my own measurement of onion and garlic quickly in olive oil in the pot if I want, before adding the sauce.

I haven't tried their pizza sauce, though - I actually bought a jar of it today at the grocery store because I saw it on the show last night and it was on sale.  (Rao's is normally pretty pricey.) 

I'd love to see Andy ask the Italian women at the reunion if any of them use jarred sauce ever, and what kind they use!  

There are a few local restuarants that bottle/jar their own sauces that are sold in local grocery stores that they may use.  I think even The Brownstone bottles their sauce and sells it locally.

NJ italian here too. I personally am not a fan of Rao's but I can doctor the sh*t out of some Francisco Rinaldi and my entire Italian family that was raised on homemade sauce will lick the bowl. 

Believe it or not, Trader Joe's and Wegmans have some pretty good pizza sauce. Rao's would be my 3rd choice ;) 

I agree, Andy needs to ask about the sauce/gravy to each of them! 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

Yea the kegger was pathetic lol. Basically an empty room with a couple beer pong tables. Why didn’t Jackie and Evan have it at their house.

Another thing Joe Gorga said which was gross is that he has sex six times a day and that includes jacking off. If true I guess he’s just at work getting off by himself. Well who am I kidding I doubt he works. Such a pig.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think it is interesting that Jenn no longer has her original face or body so how can she teach her kids about self love and having a strong sense of being themselves,

Talk about hypocrites. I find Jenn to be the phoniest of all the housewives combined. She wouldn't get away with any of her bullshit on Beverly Hills.

• Love 6
On 2/17/2022 at 9:39 AM, Mr. Miner said:

I was thinking the same thing.  I never used jar sauce.  Always Calfani, which was on the counter.  I think they used the jars for the pizza and eggplant.  I do use Red Pack crushed too.  I did buy Rao’s marinara sauce, and it’s pretty good.  Not too much spices.  Good for a quicky.

• Love 3

Made a note to find some of this Rao sauce and salad dressings! Thank you! I've had the chicken noodle soup--if it's the same brand--and it's great, just pricey.

I lol'd at Dolores trying to play neutral and Marge coming in with "We're the closest, bested friends evar". Whoops!
Jen standing there letting Jackie take all that heat from Dolores, and not defending her, was telling. 

I really feel for Jackie and wish her well on getting treatment.

I hope Luis really is the person he's acting as, for Teresa's sake. (And for her dorters too)

Joe B is as gossipy as Margaret! Bill looked so uncomfortable. Frank seems like a dumbass, but I kind of like him anyway.

Gorga needs to stahp with the sex and penis talk. No one believes you, Joe! Sex six times a day? Does Melissa know? 

Tiki Barber's wife is so bland, I can't remember her name or what she said this episode.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, HotHW said:

NJ italian here too. I personally am not a fan of Rao's but I can doctor the sh*t out of some Francisco Rinaldi and my entire Italian family that was raised on homemade sauce will lick the bowl. 

Believe it or not, Trader Joe's and Wegmans have some pretty good pizza sauce. Rao's would be my 3rd choice ;) 

Lol, Long Island Italian by injection here.  By time you open the jars, pour two cans of Red Pack crushed tomatoes in pot, add olive oil, salt, pepper, basil flakes, oregano flakes, parsley, garlic powder and little sugar.  Easy on the ingredients to taste.  Cook about 30 minutes.  Cost 2 bucks.  I can cook it the old way with browning onions,garlic, meat, etc, but husband gets heartburn. Rao’s is good in a pinch.  BTW, I never brown the meatballs anymore.  I put them together on the side and throw them in the sauce.  Soft and delicious.  Gravy with the meat and paste is heavy on the stomach.

• Useful 2

I feel a little guilty about this, but I’ll never believe Jackie has altruistic motives for sharing her struggles with an ED. I believe she has one, and I am sympathetic to women in that kind of pain, but she’s airing it for the storyline. Over the years I’ve seen these women throw it all out for public consumption - suicide, alcoholism, mental illness…even their poor kids’ learning and developmental disabilities are open for discussion. Of course I could be wrong, but I think she’s a basic opportunist. The conversation was an awkward set up to get the completely inorganic conversation going, and Evan reluctantly droned on with his lines so she can come in with “it’s too early to eat.” I fast-forward all of it because I hate being manipulated. 
Oh, and the keg party was a weird & misguided flex. “We’re the only ones who went away to college.” “Is anyone else even in a sorority or fraternity?” 🙄 Got it. You’re a real rare breed. A living, breathing sorority girl?! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Made a note to find some of this Rao sauce and salad dressings! Thank you! I've had the chicken noodle soup--if it's the same brand--and it's great, just pricey.

I lol'd at Dolores trying to play neutral and Marge coming in with "We're the closest, bested friends evar". Whoops!
Jen standing there letting Jackie take all that heat from Dolores, and not defending her, was telling. 

I really feel for Jackie and wish her well on getting treatment.

I hope Luis really is the person he's acting as, for Teresa's sake. (And for her dorters too)

Joe B is as gossipy as Margaret! Bill looked so uncomfortable. Frank seems like a dumbass, but I kind of like him anyway.

Gorga needs to stahp with the sex and penis talk. No one believes you, Joe! Sex six times a day? Does Melissa know? 

Tiki Barber's wife is so bland, I can't remember her name or what she said this episode.

Sorry to tell you they discontinued their dressings, I checked their website, none were listed.

"Dorters," love this!

After all these seasons Joe Gorga is still talking about his penis and all the action it gets (probably mostly from his hand)

I have a feeling that Luis is the person we see but the real question is will Tre become a tad bit more enlightened about her words and actions.

Tiki Barber's wife is on the show?!?!?!? LOL.  Tiki ironing was sort of a turn on, tee hee.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I like Delores, but she has for years explained how she and Teresa, and their families were “old school” Italians. She uses it sometimes as a shield, defending someone’s prejudices or gender practices, and sometimes she uses it as a weapon like when she and Jackie didn’t get along. It was all due to Jackie not being raised as an “old school” Italian (in other words, the right way).

So when her daughter insists on calling her father “Frank” instead of “Dad,” and insisting she can limit his bringing of a girlfriend to the shared house, I would like Delores to explain how those sync up with being raised in the “old school.”

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
On 2/17/2022 at 7:56 PM, Impalace said:

Joe Gorga has worn out his welcome with me. I find him neither clever nor cute. 

I just started watching again.  Same shit, different day with the Gorgas.  Joe and his sex every minute.  Melissa must be so over him. Guess the Bravo check is keeping her there.  Didn’t Teresa get them on?

• Love 4
15 hours ago, featherhead said:

I'm pretty sure Amazon carries it if you can't find it there. 

For some reason, once in awhile I like elbows with lots of Ragu traditional jar sauce.  Nice n tangy.  I follow it with a couple of Tums, lol.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

BTW, Teresa looked horrible on that girls trip with the other housewives.  In the sun, her face looked all chopped up, and her lips looked bad in the sunlight.  She ruined a perfectly pretty face because she could.  Looks like her girls will follow.

• Love 5
On 2/17/2022 at 9:21 PM, Marley said:

Yea the kegger was pathetic lol. Basically an empty room with a couple beer pong tables. Why didn’t Jackie and Evan have it at their house.

Another thing Joe Gorga said which was gross is that he has sex six times a day and that includes jacking off. If true I guess he’s just at work getting off by himself. Well who am I kidding I doubt he works. Such a pig.

He’s lucky if Melissa lets him have it six times a year, if that.  

• Love 3
On 2/17/2022 at 9:11 PM, HotHW said:

Like what do you put in the Francisco Rinaldi?  I’d like to try it.  I had the Rao’s marinara today and it was very mild and delicious.  I looked on the jar and they put spices in it and I was surprised as I didn’t taste them.  Carabbas has a nice sauce similar to Rao’s.  Very mild.

• Love 1

All of these parties look boring.  I’m sure they have these shitty parties because of covid restrictions. They most likely can’t invite more than X amount of people unless it’s outdoors.

Also no one has anything interesting going on.  Other than cheating.. even that is old news.

Joe and Mellisa never have anything going on, now they don’t even have a fancy house.  You KNOW Mel is steamed that she is putting up with Joe the idiot and they are obviously moving down in the world.

Raos is so good! Whole Foods has it, and Target.  Trader Joe’s vodka sauce is to die!!!  I almost don’t want to tell people because then it will be out of stock 🤣

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

All of these parties look boring.  I’m sure they have these shitty parties because of covid restrictions. They most likely can’t invite more than X amount of people unless it’s outdoors.

Also no one has anything interesting going on.  Other than cheating.. even that is old news.

Joe and Mellisa never have anything going on, now they don’t even have a fancy house.  You KNOW Mel is steamed that she is putting up with Joe the idiot and they are obviously moving down in the world.

Raos is so good! Whole Foods has it, and Target.  Trader Joe’s vodka sauce is to die!!!  I almost don’t want to tell people because then it will be out of stock 🤣

Maybe we should have Tre and family making red sauce in her garage again, what ever happened to all her cooking/cookbook stuff?

What ever happened to Joe's trash truck business or whatever he planned to do with that truck he bought seasons ago?

What ever happened to that strange housekeeper Marge had?

Have we seen where Joe and Melissa live, I cannot remember.

Have we seen Tre and Luis's new love nest?

Will we see the HW's go on a group trip?

I can't even with Trader Joe's, anytime I find something I love they discontinue carrying it.  Don't make me fall in love with a product again, it only leads to heart break for me.

Maybe we will see Tiki Barber iron some more, me likey. 

Maybe Kathy can show up at something, anything to stop with the cheating storyline.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I almost don’t want to tell people because then it will be out of stock 🤣

I made the mistake of telling people about their Pinot Noir Liberte wine. Now I’m lucky if I can get 2 bottles when I go there. It’s way across town and not worth the trip. I usually call first and when they have it ask them put 6 aside for me. It tastes great when paired with spaghetti. If you have never tried this particular pasta I’m here to tell you it’s superb. Pricey, but worth it for special occasions. Especially when made with a lighter sauce such as a Carbonara. 

26AA8400-1FB9-4ABB-9F7E-FB281444D360.jpeg.ae5e6bc357f915bd3926fa714895af8e.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 2/19/2022 at 10:32 PM, heatherchandler said:

My daughter told me today Vincent’s is good too.  I tasted it.  It’s like Rao’s.  I’m buying all of them this week.  Less work for Mama, lol.  More time to chat on the threads. 🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 2/16/2022 at 12:12 PM, pieinmyeye said:

I missed this! Enlighten me please and thank you!

I wish I had the memory to point you in the proper direction. It was a conversation Marge was having with other wives in which she was saying how she and Joe met and that he was married at the time. She had no concern whatsoever for his wife and acted proud about having "won"  Joe. She also made some comment about her mother having done the same thing, so she didn't think it was a big deal. This was several years ago. Hopefully someone with a better memory than mine can give you more specifics. 🙂

• Love 2
8 hours ago, renatae said:

I wish I had the memory to point you in the proper direction. It was a conversation Marge was having with other wives in which she was saying how she and Joe met and that he was married at the time. She had no concern whatsoever for his wife and acted proud about having "won"  Joe. She also made some comment about her mother having done the same thing, so she didn't think it was a big deal. This was several years ago. Hopefully someone with a better memory than mine can give you more specifics. 🙂

I believe Marge was still married to Jan at the time also, so they were both married at the time. Joe was hired to do renovations at their house and during that time is when the affair starts. I'm pretty sure that is why Jan's kids don't speak to Marge.

This was when she had everyone to lunch in her backyard and was discussing the book she just had written.

Edited by featherhead
  • Love 3
On 2/20/2022 at 6:41 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Maybe we should have Tre and family making red sauce in her garage again, what ever happened to all her cooking/cookbook stuff?

What ever happened to Joe's trash truck business or whatever he planned to do with that truck he bought seasons ago?

What ever happened to that strange housekeeper Marge had?

Have we seen where Joe and Melissa live, I cannot remember.

Have we seen Tre and Luis's new love nest?

Will we see the HW's go on a group trip?

I can't even with Trader Joe's, anytime I find something I love they discontinue carrying it.  Don't make me fall in love with a product again, it only leads to heart break for me.

Maybe we will see Tiki Barber iron some more, me likey. 

Maybe Kathy can show up at something, anything to stop with the cheating storyline.

I think the true cooks were Tre’s parents. 

• Love 7

I am having some difficulty with the Jackie/Evan story line.

I don't like Jackie for some reason, and I am not sure what that is. I admire her for putting her eating disorder out there for the public and not hide it in shame, but then she was so upset about her kids knowing she doesn't eat that it drove her to tears. Get help. Professional help. Then tell us about your recovery and how to manage an eating disorder. For the sake of your children, it might be best not to publicly declare all of your personal issues  ON TV when you have young, impressionable,  concerned and worried children living in your home. I mostly feel bad for her daughter who must ingest this shit on the daily. I hope Jackie does not overflow her eating disorder and body issues on her daughter. It would be pretty hard not to.

I don't recall Evan being so overly lovey-dovey on camera before? All that sweetie/love/baby/honey shit and patting her hands. Is he trying to overdo it so that we KNOW how much he loves his wife? Is there something to hide? Does he indeed have a lady on the side?

• Love 7
On 2/21/2022 at 2:08 AM, renatae said:

She cheated on her husband as well, right? I thought that was why her step kids hate her even though she is friends with her ex now?

On 2/20/2022 at 3:41 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

It's probably parked at the Restaurant he was going to open. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 2/22/2022 at 10:56 AM, Fig Newton said:

I am having some difficulty with the Jackie/Evan story line.

I don't like Jackie for some reason, and I am not sure what that is. I admire her for putting her eating disorder out there for the public and not hide it in shame, but then she was so upset about her kids knowing she doesn't eat that it drove her to tears. Get help. Professional help. Then tell us about your recovery and how to manage an eating disorder. For the sake of your children, it might be best not to publicly declare all of your personal issues  ON TV when you have young, impressionable,  concerned and worried children living in your home. I mostly feel bad for her daughter who must ingest this shit on the daily. I hope Jackie does not overflow her eating disorder and body issues on her daughter. It would be pretty hard not to.

I don't recall Evan being so overly lovey-dovey on camera before? All that sweetie/love/baby/honey shit and patting her hands. Is he trying to overdo it so that we KNOW how much he loves his wife? Is there something to hide? Does he indeed have a lady on the side?

I think part of the issue is that kids seem to know and observe more than perhaps children give them credit for.  Jackie's kids aren't 6 and 8 anymore (or whatever the age difference).  They are 10/11 and 12/13 or something like that and Jackie has probably only partially caught up with that. I don't fault her for that, I think that's fairly common.  But in the meantime, her older boys are probably learning about eating disorders in health class or some such thing and perhaps noting some odd behavior that they used not to notice, LIKE only eating the same foods.  Her daughter, growing up in a very image focused town, in the tween world where image starts to matter, is watching her very image focused mother *not* eat a slice of pizza ever, *not* eat ice cream ever, *not* eat anything but lettuce except 2 or 3 meals a week while the rest of the family does eat normally, and that stuff starts sticking around while her daughter's own body image is starting to cement itself.  I'm really glad Jackie is getting help because her impetus to do so seems to be for her kids, I just wish she had done it a couple of years earlier than this point.  I felt bad for Evan.  People with eating disorders put up a lot of walls, make a lot of excuses, brush off the concern.  When he said in his TH that he'd been concerned for a while but it was hard to address, my heart went out to him.  That must be really hard for him to observe, trying to help but ultimately not being able to. 

As for their relationship, they have always seemed pretty solid to me, I don't buy for a moment that the affair b.s. was anything other than that - and producer driven at that.  They needed drama coming out of covid. 

The pizzas and all the food at Louis’ house looked amazing. As embarrassing as this show sometimes is for this Jersey girl, they never disappoint with food and actually cooking. So jealous of his outdoor kitchen/pizza oven. Louis has obviously had a lot of therapy, he talks in therapy speak which is so beyond Gorga/Guidice comprehension but it was nice of him to try. 

Jackie should not be on this show. She is not strong enough for this (which is a good thing), plus she is not physically or mentally well. I said this last year and it goes double this year.  She needs professional help and support. I’m sorry but I didn’t see a lot of empathy from Evan. He looked like he was half asleep.  And I do believe he cheated. Their “kegger” party was kinda pathetic. 

• Love 1