Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: High School

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Phebemarie said:

I feel sorry for Walt.  It would be too obvious for him to be the killer, but it would also tie in with the way everyone ignores him in this episode.  

I was disappointed that Walt didn't get a personality beyond Overlooked Guy.

It wasn't obvious to me how unreliable we are supposed to consider Walt's story. He popped up a lot but did he know and see everything?

I felt very sorry for Eugene/Xavier when Yasper didn't seem like a very good friend, and although pushing Aniq into the pool and trashing Chloe's Chelsea's reputation were bad maybe he could have redeemed himself. But spitefully having the police arrest Aniq was really beyond forgivable. 

Edited by SomeTameGazelle
Misremembered name
  • Like 2
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, SomeTameGazelle said:

I was disappointed that Walt didn't get a personality beyond Overlooked Guy.

It wasn't obvious to me how unreliable we are supposed to consider Walt's story. He popped up a lot but did he know and see everything?

I felt very sorry for Eugene/Xavier when Yasper didn't seem like a very good friend, and although pushing Aniq into the pool and trashing Chloe's reputation were bad maybe he could have redeemed himself. But spitefully having the police arrest Aniq was really beyond forgivable. 

Not Chloe, Chelsea. Yasper told Xavier that it was Aniq that said they should break up the band, which is why Xavier was hating on Aniq is bad. It would have been funny if Xavier got into Stanford after Aniq lost his spot.

There were tons of people right outside of the window where Walt, Xavier and Chelsea supposedly did the deed.

You would have thought that Chelsea being the Valedictorian would have already locked down a top spot at College and a bad reputation wouldn't have followed her. Instead she became the town drunk.

I think the murderer is still the person I mentioned earlier and now I think I know why.

4 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Not Chloe, Chelsea.

Thanks for the correction. The awful thing is I knew I wasn't sure and double-checked the previous ep title and still posted Chloe because that's what I thought I read in the double-check.\

4 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Yasper told Xavier that it was Aniq that said they should break up the band, which is why Xavier was hating on Aniq is bad. It would have been funny if Xavier got into Stanford after Aniq lost his spot.

I have A LOT of thoughts about how all of this played out. I felt a lot of pity for Xavier when I saw how Aniq and Yasper said negative things about him behind his back and instead of seeming arrogant he seemed to be awkward and pathetic. His anger with Aniq was somewhat misplaced but whoever he was angry with he shouldn't have pushed anyone in the pool and he definitely shouldn't have knowingly ruined Aniq's college admission. But maybe this is all just Walt's perspective and I need to take it with a grain of salt.

19 hours ago, SomeTameGazelle said:

He was there in practically every scene! Even every time he walked off and I thought "wait, how could Walt know what happened next", he popped up again in the opposite corner of the room or something.

I'm currently leaning more towards the idea that this is a huuuuuge con and Xavier's been Truman Show'ing Aniq. Xavier is grandiose and petty. And it would explain why and how Danner was almost monologuing at a hidden Aniq. Maybe the big shot cop from the city, Germain, is gonna turn out to be Eugene/Xavier.

As for the high school movie part of the story, I cringed so hard at Aniq wanting things to be so perfect and just getting in his own way as a result.

I don't think Zoe did it. It makes no sense to throw her hat in the ring as a potential murder suspect. To me it's more likely she's a narcissist who just wanted to get in on the secrets-unveiling and storytelling.  (ooooorrrrrrr, Xavier's been Truman Show'ing Aniq and this is her part to play.)

1 hour ago, arc said:

I don't think Zoe did it. It makes no sense to throw her hat in the ring as a potential murder suspect. To me it's more likely she's a narcissist who just wanted to get in on the secrets-unveiling and storytelling.  (ooooorrrrrrr, Xavier's been Truman Show'ing Aniq and this is her part to play.)

I think Xavier did something to Zoe on the helicopter that made her want to kill him, but she is not the killer.

• Useful 1
9 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

I think Xavier did something to Zoe on the helicopter that made her want to kill him, but she is not the killer.

Sure, but telling the homicide detective that she had motive cannot possibly be a good move. Best case, she wraps it up with an airtight alibi, meaning she just wasted everyone’s time. Worst case, she actually does get pinned for the murder.

1 minute ago, arc said:

Sure, but telling the homicide detective that she had motive cannot possibly be a good move. Best case, she wraps it up with an airtight alibi, meaning she just wasted everyone’s time. Worst case, she actually does get pinned for the murder.

I think there was a couple of other people (classmates) in the helicopter. This would help with my theory on who the murderer is.

I went back to the first episode, and Brett's "koala" moment in the cars from ep 2 does make it clear why he was saying "kill all of you" ("kill alla ya"). But in ep 1 AND 2, Walt isn't in Yasper's car. (In ep 3, Yasper skips over the drive to Xavier's house entirely.)

I highly enjoyed Yasper's insane idea that it made sense Jen 1 was the murderer: "You kill someone and birth a new one in. The number stays the same."

Also, at the end of the episode Aniq still doesn't know Walt's name. "This guy's story", he says.

On 2/12/2022 at 4:21 PM, SomeTameGazelle said:

His anger with Aniq was somewhat misplaced but whoever he was angry with he shouldn't have pushed anyone in the pool and he definitely shouldn't have knowingly ruined Aniq's college admission.

He shouldn't have pushed him, but at the same time I liked that the rest was a bit more complicated. Because Aniq trashed his car, even though a lot of what Aniq is angry about has nothing to do with Eugene. 

I am also interested in Zoe's story since she has been suspicious for awhile. Then again we did learn in this episode that Jen 2 is a huge bitch and has convientely disappeared, so maybe she killed him and then took off before she could be questioned.